Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What were the gameboy spyro games like
Page 1 of 1
What were the gameboy spyro games like [CLOSED]
GagasSpyro Blue Sparx Gems: 681
#1 Posted: 03:19:04 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
My mom refused to buy me a game boy as a kid so i never got to see what the spyro gameboy games were like sooo were they any good.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#2 Posted: 05:30:07 24/02/2011
SoI was terrible. Too hard, too little variety.
SoF was great, it was like a portable version of the Insomniac games without the free view and there was less exploration. More balanced and varied than SoI.
Adventure/Attack of The Rhynocs was good, but it felt nothing like a Spyro game, to be honest.
Fusion isn't great to go though for every thing, it's more something you can play when bored from time to time.
ANB was okay, but repetitive and lackluster.
TEN was bloody brilliant. <3
(My opinions)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:30:48 24/02/2011 by GamingMaster_76
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#3 Posted: 05:59:38 24/02/2011
hmmm maybe i should get TEN.....
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#4 Posted: 06:04:34 24/02/2011
I've only played two of them so far.

Season of Ice got dull kind of fast and gave me a nasty headache. I would like to have finished it nontheless; some of the levels had neat art.

TEN for GBA is the best official fanfic I've ever seen. smilie It's a neat twist on the story from the console game and considerably more fun than the DS version.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#5 Posted: 11:57:25 24/02/2011
*facepalm* You just made me confused for about five minuets, because I thought you were talking about Spyro games being on the very, very first Gameboy.... smilie
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#6 Posted: 12:04:12 24/02/2011
I don't understand why the GBA TEN wasn't ported to the DS, since it was considerably better and they would've saved so much money, porting another version rather than creating a whole new game?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#7 Posted: 13:38:07 24/02/2011
I thought TEN on DS was interesting. It felt a little like the Insomniac games.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 19:16:42 24/02/2011
i'm not going to mention the E word but they were good gaMes. Well, they were good enoUgh to entertain your seLf for A few hours. They're nOt as good as the console games (duh), but if you have a long caR journey or Something, go for it...
#9 Posted: 19:18:50 24/02/2011
^ Emulators.

Yeah, TEN on DS was mildly interesting, but not really too great. It was like a more confusing version of the predecessor with some bonuses. I still come back to it from time to time, though.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#10 Posted: 19:28:05 24/02/2011
I liked the general plot of GBA TEN more than any other version, I will admit. I actually couldn't follow the story in DS TEN and only knew what was going on because I'd played the console version.
#11 Posted: 19:30:07 24/02/2011
^ This. Though, I was probably not as confused as you with the DS version... smilie
#12 Posted: 19:32:53 24/02/2011
I didn't really care about the plot in the GBA version of TEN. It was kinda boring. I actually started flicking through the dialogue. This is coming from someone who played through Final Fantasy IX as a kid and actually read the dialogue, and plans to do it again soon.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#13 Posted: 20:13:50 24/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
^ Emulators.

Yeah, TEN on DS was mildly interesting, but not really too great. It was like a more confusing version of the predecessor with some bonuses. I still come back to it from time to time, though.

DON'T MENTION THE E WORD! D:
#14 Posted: 20:45:46 24/02/2011
Wait a second- have you heard the 3DS Virtual Boy rumours? That certain GameBoy games will be turned into 3D? I just thought- You should be able to get the rest! smilie
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#15 Posted: 22:04:36 24/02/2011
I really disliked Orange, felt like a compilation of mini games. The others were quite enjoyable.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#16 Posted: 00:39:27 25/02/2011
Only GBA Spyro games I liked were Season of Flame (re-buying that one soon) and the Eternal Night. The other ones weren't too good.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#17 Posted: 01:13:00 25/02/2011
Attack of The Rhynocs was pretty good, it was the collecting pieces of things that was so annoying.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#18 Posted: 01:50:07 25/02/2011
Quote: Byrn
Attack of The Rhynocs was pretty good, it was the collecting pieces of things that was so annoying.

That one isn't bad either.
Charizard Green Sparx Gems: 221
#19 Posted: 00:55:36 09/03/2011
Eh...they weren't very good, in my opinion. When I first played Year of the Dragon and Season of Ice it was at around the same age. I remember absolutely loving YotD, but I hated SoF because it was harder and less clear as to what had to be done. I haven't played the other GBA games.

Quote: Razz

TEN for GBA is the best official fanfic I've ever seen. smilie It's a neat twist on the story from the console game and considerably more fun than the DS version.

Oh yes, that's the other one I've played. It's fun beating everyone up as darkspyro in the end..but everything else was just kind of boring for me.

As for the storyline, there was this issue with how the GBA was the only version of TEN I had played. For an entire week I went around telling everyone who had drawn SpyroXCynder art that they were sick-minded perverts, until I finally was directed towards the official statement that the game wasn't cannon...smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:44 09/03/2011 by Charizard
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#20 Posted: 02:23:38 09/03/2011
It seems as though other than Byrn, I'm the only one to post in this topic that played Orange/Fusion. It's also the only GBA Spyro game I ever played.

I remember when I saw the TV spot for the game, and I couldn't believe it. Two of my favorite gaming characters meeting together. It was blowing my mind and I wanted the game so badly, but I never got it. Years later I started a Gamefly account, and last summer I rented the game. And well......

It was far too easy, and it was completely made out of minigames rather than Spyro gameplay. The only peices that at all resembled a Spyro game were the little hub worlds where you can enter a minigame. The story was weak, and the music was rather lackluster. It entertained me for about 2 hours before I got bored and I didn't touch it for the rest of the weekend. I then returned it to rent a better game (Green Day Rock Band).

It might be ok for new gamers, but for everyone else it's far too easy and it becomes a bore. I'm glad I didn't get this game when I begged my parents for it when I was younger. Between the crossover titles, you're better off with Crash Purple, and that still isn't saying much since the only difference besides the fact that you're using Crash instead of Spyro is that Purple is harder.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:07 09/03/2011 by CAV
#21 Posted: 12:15:13 09/03/2011
Quote: CAV
It seems as though other than Byrn, I'm the only one to post in this topic that played Orange/Fusion. It's also the only GBA Spyro game I ever played.

I remember when I saw the TV spot for the game, and I couldn't believe it. Two of my favorite gaming characters meeting together. It was blowing my mind and I wanted the game so badly, but I never got it. Years later I started a Gamefly account, and last summer I rented the game. And well......

It was far too easy, and it was completely made out of minigames rather than Spyro gameplay. The only peices that at all resembled a Spyro game were the little hub worlds where you can enter a minigame. The story was weak, and the music was rather lackluster. It entertained me for about 2 hours before I got bored and I didn't touch it for the rest of the weekend. I then returned it to rent a better game (Green Day Rock Band).

It might be ok for new gamers, but for everyone else it's far too easy and it becomes a bore. I'm glad I didn't get this game when I begged my parents for it when I was younger. Between the crossover titles, you're better off with Crash Purple, and that still isn't saying much since the only difference besides the fact that you're using Crash instead of Spyro is that Purple is harder.

I have both of them. Nothing special really...
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#22 Posted: 17:24:16 09/03/2011
SoI was utter BS
SoF was lovely - really colourful and freindly.
Adventure I've never played.
Crash: Purple was an Okay Game, very good, better than the Spyro version.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#23 Posted: 18:41:14 09/03/2011
I loved SoF. <3
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#24 Posted: 19:39:08 09/03/2011
Season of Flame was fun, oppossed to SoI, where you had to collect every Fairy in the game to pass a World.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#25 Posted: 14:51:06 10/03/2011
Season of Ice was a bad start. Infact, I like EtD more.
Season of Flame was better, much more fun and less "clunky"
Adventure/Attack of the Rhynocs was great. A really good example of a fun Spyro game with a less linear storyline.
Spyro Orange was a joke. It was a clash with the Crash Bandicoot title and took more parts from Crash's universe than Spyro's. It's an annoying side-scroller that makes you play the same 4 or 5 mini-games over and over and over...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#26 Posted: 14:55:21 10/03/2011
I have them all, the only ones I didn't like were SoI and Orange. ANB wasn't very good either.

SoF and TEN are my faves by a long shot. Epic.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#27 Posted: 21:04:14 16/03/2011
I've played SOI, SOF, Attack of the Rynocs/Adventure and Orange.

My favorite was probably SOF. I also enjoyed Adventure.

SOI was fun but very difficult.

I didn't like Spyro Orange very much at all.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#28 Posted: 21:31:51 16/03/2011
the GBA version of TEN was called "one of the last great GBA games" by IGN
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#29 Posted: 01:52:28 17/03/2011
I liked the first two, ('specially SOF), third was okay.

I haven't played the two LOS GBA games, but I heard some people say the GBA TEN was better than the console versions, and I intend on picking that version up.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me