Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Classic Spyro Fans Who Don't Hate Skylanders
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Classic Spyro Fans Who Don't Hate Skylanders [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#51 Posted: 16:35:15 19/02/2011
First I need the money for a PS3. smilie

This is why I'm going to start making reviews on Youtube. I want to try and get partnership, since my father won't allow me to get an actual job.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 16:36:18 19/02/2011
How do you mean?
Get paid to do reviews?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#53 Posted: 16:45:16 19/02/2011
Pretty much.

My Youtube channel will contain reviews, rants, and commentaries. I hope to earn partnership so I can make money off of doing this.
#54 Posted: 16:53:12 19/02/2011
Oh. Well, I hope you find a place.

BTW, what is your YouTube channel? I want to friend and subscribe you!smilie

I also plan to make reviews, rants, voice acting tests and song covers, but I'm just doing it for free.

And we better get back on topic before we get a repeat of last night....smilie
---
#55 Posted: 17:14:07 19/02/2011
I plan to delete my current channel, so I can start with a clean slate.

Obviously, it will be for free at first. But when I hit the 5k sub mark, I'm going to apply for partnership.

And let's.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#56 Posted: 17:26:57 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Guys, you're doing it again. Please take this personal discussion to PMs. Also, SonicBrawler, Conker is not an appropriate character to post about here, given the content and rating of his games.

I've lost the thread of the original conversation, so if anyone remembers what Skylanders-related thing were were talking about, please start that up again. smilie
#57 Posted: 17:34:28 19/02/2011
And we stopped....there was no need to say anything more....

And while Conker is an M-rated game, not all of it is M-rated stuff. I wasn't even talking Conker there anyway.....oh, wait, so I can't even have an avatar of him now?smilie

And the last Skylanders related stuff was people talking about names for different types of Spyro fans, and me asking if being a Classic and LoS fan but not exactly a Skylanders fan(can't say I'm a fan yet, not enough has been done to convince me). We were also discussing whether or not DLC is possible in the Wii version of Skylanders, and that's been settled.
---
#58 Posted: 17:37:36 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Honestly, how was I to know that? You guys were still way off-topic when I came in and I'm not going to bother reading a bunch of OT posts that make no sense to me to get context.

It's not your avatar I was talking about, it's the glaring, unnecessary, topic-derailing image you posted on the first page. You also posted a link in another topic to inappropriate material related to Conker.

Really? I couldn't find the end of that DLC discussion so I don't know what you guys had to say about it. It sounded interesting.
#59 Posted: 17:44:59 19/02/2011
I blatantly said I was going off-topic and wanted to get back on topic...

The Conker image I posted wasn't inappropriate, nor was it posted with the intention of topic hijacking(what....ya think I'm a troll now?). Sometimes I use music, videos and pictures to add personality and emotion in my posts. This way, people are less likely to misunderstand a post I make.
And I don't remember posting anything that was inappropriate on this site. Different people have different standards.

And the DLC discussion wasn't much. I have discussed the same thing in relation to other Spyro and non-Spyro games and I usually always say the exact same thing.
---
#60 Posted: 18:00:30 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Apologies for missing that, then. Most of us only come here once or twice a day and don't have time to read everything. I skim off-topic posts, so I usually don't know when off-topic posters are getting back on track (if they ever do).

I find the unrelated pics and music you post to be very distracting and derailing and I know I'm not the only one. It makes your posts look off topic by default and I tend to automatically skip over anything you type in them once I see an unrelated image because said image/video draws all the attention away from what you're saying. As for the inappropriate thing, any video that contains a swear word does not belong on these forums. I know kids swear, but we still have standards and linking to profane material is not appropriate here. My favorite words in the English language are swear words; if I can keep a handle on them here, it shouldn't be difficult to expect the same of others.

So...what was the resolution? I know the Wii is capable of downloading things and it looks like Skylanders may need some DLC... Or maybe not. Now that I think on it, all the info we have has said so far that the console part of the game is its own thing while the web and mobile versions will be completely different.
#61 Posted: 18:03:48 19/02/2011
Quote: Razz
Guys, you're doing it again.

I've lost the thread of the original conversation, so if anyone remembers what Skylanders-related thing were were talking about, please start that up again. smilie

Blargh.

We were discussing possible DLC.

So...what was the resolution? I know the Wii is capable of downloading things and it looks like Skylanders may need some DLC... Or maybe not. Now that I think on it, all the info we have has said so far that the console part of the game is its own thing while the web and mobile versions will be completely different.

Skylanders will absolutely get DLC. It's a given that new characters will be made, regardless of if we've seen them before or not. Maybe we'll get old characters if we're lucky, doubt it though.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they expect the DS/3DS version to work.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#62 Posted: 18:03:55 19/02/2011
Its nice to see some Classic fans like myself who actually don't have the nerve to bash SSA. It actually quite ticks me off how some have said "I'll be with you Spyro no matter what" and then they have "RIP Spyro" or "SSA SUX" In their sigs.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#63 Posted: 18:08:19 19/02/2011
I do agree, it's the off-topic pictures/videos that can get really annoying after a while. They actually can cause my computer to lag at times too.

On topic, I'm a Classic fan, but I love the looks of Skylanders. I'm really looking forward to this new game, and what kind of future it may hold for our favourite purple dragon.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#64 Posted: 18:11:36 19/02/2011
They will probably make new characters via the toys.
And I hope there is DLC, and a level maker would be a great idea. The gameplay looks too simplistic at the moment, so I think providing players with level design tools to experiment with and make inventive contraptions with would do the game a huge favour.
---
#65 Posted: 18:12:21 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Aha, thanks CAV! Yeah, I would love to see some old Spyro characters come out later on for the game, though it may not happen if all the obnoxious fans are going to be sending hate mail.

Did anybody else get really peeved seeing all that art of dead Spyro the day SKL was announced? I thought that was rather overdramatic and a waste of the artists' time to boot. I'm also amused by one pic I saw that was meant to bash SKL but the artist spent no time on classic or LoS Spyro, so both of them looked terrible, but their drawing of SKL Spyro next to the other two was fantastic. smilie Talk about mixed signals!
#66 Posted: 18:13:18 19/02/2011
^Weird. My battery is shot, my computer is slow beyond belief because of Windows 7, but the page loads just fine in that situation....

@Malefor Yeah, it's pretty hypocritical and takes back their claims of being a "true Spyro fan".
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#67 Posted: 18:16:24 19/02/2011
Aha, thanks CAV! Yeah, I would love to see some old Spyro characters come out later on for the game, though it may not happen if all the obnoxious fans are going to be sending hate mail.

Did anybody else get really peeved seeing all that art of dead Spyro the day SKL was announced? I thought that was rather overdramatic and a waste of the artists' time to boot. I'm also amused by one pic I saw that was meant to bash SKL but the artist spent no time on classic or LoS Spyro, so both of them looked terrible, but their drawing of SKL Spyro next to the other two was fantastic. smilie Talk about mixed signals!

I've noticed. I even saw a picture of dead Spyro impaled by a flag of Activision on DA drawn one of my favorite Spyro artists. Yeah, they really were being overdramatic about Spyro's different direction in the franchise, and self-convinced that Spyro was killed by Activision...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:48 19/02/2011 by Aura24
#68 Posted: 18:18:06 19/02/2011
Nope, that hate art doesn't bother me. I've seen much worse Cynder hate art over the web, and I just shrug it off, so I did the same here.
---
#69 Posted: 18:22:15 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I know which artist that was, Aura. The day she drew that I was really disappointed. She's taken it down and posted something different with a better explanation of her feelings, thankfully. I much prefer the non-SKL fans who just say they don't like it and ignore it thereafter.

There's just something worse for me about seeing a childhood idol dead than seeing Cynder hate art. She didn't ever mean much to me even when I liked her, but Spyro's been with me since I was 15. For a lot of Spyro fans, he's been with them since they were younger.
#70 Posted: 18:24:44 19/02/2011
I know which artist that was, Aura. The day she drew that I was really disappointed. She's taken it down and posted something different with a better explanation of her feelings, thankfully. I much prefer the non-SKL fans who just say they don't like it and ignore it thereafter.

There's just something worse for me about seeing a childhood idol dead than seeing Cynder hate art. She didn't ever mean much to me even when I liked her, but Spyro's been with me since I was 15. For a lot of Spyro fans, he's been with them since they were younger.

However, some other member reposted WolfofSorrow's pic of 'Spyro dead by the hands of Activision' into his gallery as means to spread other fans' hate for Skylanders to tell Activision.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?...+Spyro#/d39c90z
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:20 19/02/2011 by Aura24
#71 Posted: 18:27:14 19/02/2011
Yeah, but they're both just fictional characters, and considering the Cynder stuff was Sonic, Tails and random mythical creatures doing disgusting to her.....it was FAR worse than seeing a dead Spyro for me!smilie

That's how I see it anyway. I hope there isn't a ton of SSA hate art, even if I myself end up hating the game....it's really uneccesary.
---
#72 Posted: 18:28:01 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I've seen that. She told people to do it initially so even though she's taken down the pic from her own gallery, it's showing up all over dA, FA, and elsewhere. Every time I see it, it makes me even more happy that SKL is the most talked about and anticipated toy of the year so far.
#73 Posted: 18:30:00 19/02/2011
Well, their plan to send hate to Activision is only giving the next game much more attention than before. We know it won't work and it's pointless to try and convince Activision to cancel a game that is almost finished just because they hate it and not the rest of the fanbase.
---
#74 Posted: 18:33:53 19/02/2011
They might wanna come up with a plan B.....
---
#75 Posted: 18:37:03 19/02/2011

You're welcome. smilie

Odds are that would motivate them to do it more. If people are demanding them be in the game, they can make them for DLC, and people will want to buy them, therefore bringing in more profit. It would be a mistake on their behalf not to do it.

I didn't see that art piece.

Quote: Aura24
I've noticed. I even saw a picture of dead Spyro impaled by a flag of Activision on DA drawn one of my favorite Spyro artists. Yeah, they really were being overdramatic about Spyro's different direction in the franchise, and self-convinced that Spyro was killed by Activision...

I want to post a picture of a facepalm so badly...
#76 Posted: 18:41:53 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Resist, CAV, resist! Unless you can find a Spyro facepalm. smilie Maybe if I have time I'll draw one up or someone else can do it, that way it'll be more relevant. smilie

This is the art I was talking about. I really like how they draw SKL Spyro and I rather wish there was a version with just him because the other two don't look half so good. smilie
#77 Posted: 18:58:12 19/02/2011
I looked for a Spyro facepalm. I found random facepalms, and a piece of artwork from you, but no Spyro facepalm. I would love to see you do it.

That looks nicely drawn. I'm having a hard time wondering if he's making fun of or praising the new design. Probably the former.
#78 Posted: 19:10:17 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Here you go. It's the first thing I drew today, so not particularly great, but hopefully it gets the point across. smilie

Exactly! I think the artist hates the new design judging by their comments, but you wouldn't know it just by looking at the way he's drawn.
#79 Posted: 19:23:47 19/02/2011
Now I have something to use. smilie Thanks. I'm officially going to use it for when someone does something stupid relating to Spyro.

[User Posted Image]

(c) Razzek
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:38 19/02/2011 by CAV
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#80 Posted: 19:25:40 19/02/2011
I can see why people feel that way, tbh, and it's their artwork, so they have the freedom to express that's the way they feel in their pictures..
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#81 Posted: 21:10:39 19/02/2011
^ This.
Aslo, once again we are discussing haters! Isn't this a FAN topic??? Sheesh, you know the fandom's in a real mess when fan topic spiral into talk about hatred.

Anyone care to express hopes for Skylanders, or maybe pitch story or character ideas?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#82 Posted: 21:36:47 19/02/2011
^If people would stop screaming about the game for stupid reasons, then we could easily end these discussions.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#83 Posted: 21:53:05 19/02/2011
For now, can we jsut ignore all the hate, and get back on the topic of fandom?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Kookie Blue Sparx Gems: 620
#84 Posted: 22:16:03 19/02/2011
I don't think the game will be as good as the older ones but I'll still buy it when I have the money because... well I'm a dedicated fan
^-^... to be honest Spyro was the only thing in younger years that I enjoyed (Family and friend related stuff going on as well as moving school and being the emo kid lol...). Go Skylanders!??
---
DeviantART The Dollars - Ask me ;3!
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#85 Posted: 22:51:42 19/02/2011
Quote: CAV
First I need the money for a PS3. smilie

This is why I'm going to start making reviews on Youtube. I want to try and get partnership, since my father won't allow me to get an actual job.

I thought about saving up for a PS3, but it would take me two years to get to $600...smilie

Back to Spyro, I don't mind Skylander's Spyro, but it just doesn't feel like a real Spyro game. I just wish they had included Sparx. >:
But I'm still goanna get it for my DS. smilie
---
N/A
#86 Posted: 22:52:51 19/02/2011
Quote: Skyqueen
I thought about saving up for a PS3, but it would take me two years to get to $600...smilie

......It's $300 nowadays....:/
#87 Posted: 22:56:19 19/02/2011
Quote: Skyqueen

......It's $300 nowadays....:/

Oh...in NZ it's $600
---
N/A
Kookie Blue Sparx Gems: 620
#88 Posted: 23:04:54 19/02/2011
It cost me around £250 off Amazon for a PS3 slim 360gb with Little Big Planet 2, Assasins Creed 2 and Devil May Cry 4... In my eyes, it was a really cheap compared to other prices.
---
DeviantART The Dollars - Ask me ;3!
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#89 Posted: 23:05:49 19/02/2011

However, some other member reposted WolfofSorrow's pic of 'Spyro dead by the hands of Activision' into his gallery as means to spread other fans' hate for Skylanders to tell Activision.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?...+Spyro#/d39c90z

I remember seeing that picture about a week ago. That's very immature of that person to do that. :/

And Razz's facepalm picture? That was funny. smilie
#90 Posted: 23:34:30 19/02/2011
To be honest, I still don't know wether I like or dislike Skylander's Spyro. I mean, there is stuff that I hate about him, and stuff that I like about him...if you know what I mean.

Yeah, that was funny. smilie
---
N/A
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#91 Posted: 01:24:51 20/02/2011
Facepalm picture of Cynder! *shot* If someone makes it, idea credit to me please. smilie

But back on-topic! I find it hilarious now with all the SSA haters, I may even post a blog on it... smilie Anybody want popcorn?
#92 Posted: 01:31:41 20/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Facepalm picture of Cynder! *shot* If someone makes it, idea credit to me please. smilie

But back on-topic! I find it hilarious now with all the SSA haters, I may even post a blog on it... smilie Anybody want popcorn?

I doubt someone would do that. smilie

And I plan to make a full blown rant on it. It might even have to stretch to 2 parts.
#93 Posted: 01:44:50 20/02/2011
I'm planning on making a "haters gonna hate" picture of Teen Cynder.
---
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#94 Posted: 02:08:34 20/02/2011
Quote: Ratchet
The LOS fans are complaining about Spyro's design too. And you cant say that X is complaining about Y and A is complaining about B as that is a huge generalisation. I see LOS fans complaining about things such as the shift in storyline and going back to a childish target audience. Every hate group and "bring back Spyro" group I have seen was set up by a LOS fan.

Just drop it, you can't just assume that there's many more original fans who hate this game, when you don't have many hard facts to back you up. As I said, I don't think theres more LOS fans, but I dont think theres more original fans either, it's too hard to tell.

I didn't say that LoS isn't complaining about the design, but the Classic fans are complaining about it more. Both groups are complaining about both items, but each group seems more intent on raging about one subject more than another.

And once again, while all of those arguements are invalid reasons not to try the game, it's still not as bad as the design arguement.

If you don't want to talk about this, why did you bring it up? And don't expect me to drop it if you respond. You should know me by now.

Dude, look all over the site. For the most part I see Classic fans complaining. While LoS fanbrats exist and are complaining about various items, Classic Loyalists are complaining about the design above all. And at the end of the day, think about this: only one LoS group tried to stop the release of this game, compared to the several Classic groups that did the same, and failed just the same. It's not hard to tell which side is complaining more. Feel free to ask other people here. Odds are that the majority will agree.

How do you know these things though? Do you have some kind of counter so that every Original fan that complains adds 1 to the counter and every LOS fan that complains adds 1 to the counter. Just by looking around, you can not tell what fanbase is complaining more.

I don't mind "talking about this" and the moment you started saying "Its the Original fans who are whining more, the LOS fans arn't complaining nearly as much" is when IT was brought up. Its not the truth, there are no facts in your arguement, you are telling people false information.

I have looked around the site, and I see LOS fans and original fans complaining equally. I see no majority of Original fans hating this or majority of LOS fans accepting it. Most of the regualar LOS fan Darkspyro posters (who are LOS fans because LOS was more recent than original fans) have accepted this (You, Aura, Bionicle etc), but yet they don't speak for other LOS fans, and there are many crazy mad LOS fans around. As much or more than original fans.

Ive seen 2 LOS DA groups who have written letters to Activision begging for LOS back and another requesting all LOS fans make a fan game because the game is crap. Get me some original spyro groups that are trying to get the game not to be made and I will agree with you
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#95 Posted: 03:05:43 20/02/2011
Does it matter? Overall, we're all Spyro fans, and a lot of fans here and there dislike the game. I don't think it matters which fans like/dislike what game.. correcton: it SHOULDN'T matter. But apparently it does in the Spyro fandom..
#96 Posted: 03:14:57 20/02/2011
Quote: Ratchet
How do you know these things though? Do you have some kind of counter so that every Original fan that complains adds 1 to the counter and every LOS fan that complains adds 1 to the counter. Just by looking around, you can not tell what fanbase is complaining more.

I don't mind "talking about this" and the moment you started saying "Its the Original fans who are whining more, the LOS fans arn't complaining nearly as much" is when IT was brought up. Its not the truth, there are no facts in your arguement, you are telling people false information.

I have looked around the site, and I see LOS fans and original fans complaining equally. I see no majority of Original fans hating this or majority of LOS fans accepting it. Most of the regualar LOS fan Darkspyro posters (who are LOS fans because LOS was more recent than original fans) have accepted this (You, Aura, Bionicle etc), but yet they don't speak for other LOS fans, and there are many crazy mad LOS fans around. As much or more than original fans.

Ive seen 2 LOS DA groups who have written letters to Activision begging for LOS back and another requesting all LOS fans make a fan game because the game is crap. Get me some original spyro groups that are trying to get the game not to be made and I will agree with you

You can tell when all of the hate topics you see are from Classic fans and only a few are from LoS fans.

Are you accusing me of decieving people? Are you calling me a liar? Again, ask Aura. Ask several people, and they'll agree with me. If I'm apparently lying, I guess those guys are too. I don't delude people into believing something I want them to. I don't pull something out of my ass and then get people to agree with me. You should know by now that I'm not one to pull one of those tricks.

And now you're calling me and Aura LoS fans. It seems as though you've missed the past few months where the both of us have made it obvious that we love all incarnations of the Spyro franchise. We are not here to defend LoS fanbrats and only target the Classic loyalists. We are calling out bullcrap on both ends of the spectrum. And if you haven't noticed by our posts, Classic loyalists are louder, and are more common in complaining than the LoS fanbrats. They are out there yelling, but at the same time they aren't the ones that are still ungrateful after Activision gives them what they want: A game that is here to remind us of what Spyro was able to do in the Classic days. They aren't the ones that treat it as if they got spat on their face even though they are getting what they've been asking for since TEN.

I want you to go to the announcement page, and look at all of the people that say "RIP Spyro", "SPYRO'S DEAD", or "THE DESIGN SUCKS! I'M NOT BUYING THIS!". Then I dare you to tell me to my face that most of them aren't Classic loyalists.

I'm not one to hang around dA and look for anti-Skylander groups. But note that you only listed 3 LoS groups that are against it. I recall Aura, Razz, and a few others spotting more Classic groups against the game. Feel free to ask them.

And before you say "See you have no proof!", note that at least I'm being honest about it rather than try to cover it up. If you want evidence of Classic groups, ask Aura.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#97 Posted: 09:23:51 20/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Some music games, like Rock Band and Samba De Amigo have extra songs as DLC on Wii. So it is possible.

Call of Duty Blacks Ops have DLC too or WiiWare games like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My life as a King
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#98 Posted: 10:03:27 20/02/2011
Shame so few Wii games take advantage of DLC.
#99 Posted: 11:24:08 20/02/2011
...Now why hasn't it been done with Brawl?
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#100 Posted: 14:28:55 20/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Someone already did, I just can't find the pic smilie

And yeah, I do too. I mean seriously, it's not even out yet smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me