Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Classic Spyro Fans Who Don't Hate Skylanders
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Classic Spyro Fans Who Don't Hate Skylanders [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#1 Posted: 03:09:27 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I've been seeing some really disgusting behavior on the part of classic Spyro fans towards LoS fans and Skylander fans of late. Being a classic fan myself, it's definitely not a pretty sight to see. I can own up to having felt, at least early on, a teeny bit of vindication when Skylanders was announced and I saw the negative reactions on both sides, but that vanished the minute I saw a hate-filled post from a classic Spyro group on dA. Last I checked, I could have sworn us classic fans knew what it was like to be trampled on and I was hoping more of us would be kind and more welcoming to the potential new fans. Obviously, I had set my expectations too high.

Mini-rant aside, this is a topic for you classic fans who don't mind the new game. While I'm not super excited about it, I do like Spyro's new design and this marks the first time since YotD that I've actually been interested in Spyro himself more than his supporting cast. I see a lot of inspiration in this design from the original games, which I very much like. I've also met some very sweet and friendly Skylanders fans.

In short, if you're favorite Spyro is the originals but you also are at least interested in the newest game, this topic is for you. smilie If you're not so fond of the new game, please leave this topic in peace. The forums are literally choked with Skylanders hate topics and I'm sure plenty of other people will agree with you there. Let the few of us who do find this interesting have our space, please.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#2 Posted: 03:11:47 19/02/2011
Since I like all 3 incarnations of Spyro (Classic, LoS, and Skylanders), I guess I fit into this topic.

But shouldn't this be in the Skylanders forum?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 03:11:49 19/02/2011
I like all three series. Does that count?
#4 Posted: 03:17:14 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, those of you who like all three count, too, because it seems like everyone is after you guys. smilie

I think this is a topic that could stand to be in General, since it isn't just about Skylanders.
#5 Posted: 03:19:27 19/02/2011
True, true.
Thank you. smilie
#6 Posted: 03:21:23 19/02/2011
Quote: Razz
Yeah, those of you who like all three count, too, because it seems like everyone is after you guys. smilie

I think this is a topic that could stand to be in General, since it isn't just about Skylanders.

Yeah. People try to drag us into war. Back then it was the LoS fantards, but lately the Classic Nazis don't seem to let go of the fact that there are people that like both series, or only like LoS. Most LoS fantards have moved on to overrated games *coughHalocough*, but the Classic Nazis seem to try to grasp onto the wars that the loved being a part of, and won't let it go to the point that they end up yelling in an empty street, which makes you look stupid.

Meh, ok.
#7 Posted: 03:23:55 19/02/2011
Agreed. The Classic Nazis are complaining that they want a 'proper' Spyro game, yet it stands right before them. And it isn't going to be knocked over anytime soon...
#8 Posted: 03:29:27 19/02/2011
It's a shame that they get what they ask for and they still aren't satisfied just because of the design.

Sonic 4. Nuff said.
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#9 Posted: 03:30:44 19/02/2011
I am an original fan that doesnt hate this game. I am not going to buy it, but Im not making any rants or complaints about it really. I do think that activision, however, should have added some minor details to make some old fans happy, but I don't really care.

In my opinion, this is a breathe of fresh air and I think that it more like what Spyro was meant to be than LOS was. So yeah, Im happy about it, even though Im not going to buy it
#10 Posted: 03:36:22 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Can we possibly drop the "classic Nazi" thing? It's a bit extreme and it insults the memory of millions of murdered innocents (including children). There's also a bit of an unfair gap between "tard" and "Nazi". Both sides are equally dumb, it's just that the classic fanbrats are being overzealous for now.

I still have hopes that Activision has added in some minor details for the old fans, we just haven't seen them yet. And I will at least buy that goblin Spyro toy, if nothing else. smilie
#11 Posted: 03:38:29 19/02/2011
You probably won't have to buy it. A dumb guess would say that Spyro will be in the standard pack. smilie (No offense intended...)
#12 Posted: 03:45:43 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, all the info says he'll be in the standard pack, but I may or may not buy the game itself.
#13 Posted: 04:09:27 19/02/2011
Quote: Razz
Can we possibly drop the "classic Nazi" thing? It's a bit extreme and it insults the memory of millions of murdered innocents (including children). There's also a bit of an unfair gap between "tard" and "Nazi". Both sides are equally dumb, it's just that the classic fanbrats are being overzealous for now.

Ok. But in that case, we also have to talk to the person that came up with the term "grammar nazi".

How does Classic Monarch sound? smilie
#14 Posted: 04:12:21 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I don't use that term, either (the grammar one) for the same reasons.

"Monarch" makes them sound noble, which they definitely are not. Why not just "fantard" prefixed with either "LoS" or "Classic"? smilie I'm not particularly good at demeaning names; the only thing that pops into my head when I think about them is "insufferable". smilie
#15 Posted: 04:33:55 19/02/2011
I'm not fond of using that term either, mostly because I fear that a Jewish person may be nearby. Also because I have yet to meet a person that is that tight on grammar.

Yeah, but we also have to think about how Kings/Queens are also demanding, and believe they are the only ones that are right in a situation. That's why it came to mind.

I like variety. Fantard/fanbrat is already used for the LoS fanboys/girls. Classic obsessors need something that is just as demeaning. For one thing, Classic extremists tend to be much older, so fanbrats doesn't seem to fit them. It fits the LoS fanboys since most of them are kids. Monarchs kinda fits since kings/queens are much older.

I just noticed that I gave a good name. How does Classic Obsessors sound? Or Classic Loyalists?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:34:14 19/02/2011 by CAV
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#16 Posted: 04:38:51 19/02/2011
LoS fans= Fantard/fanbrat?

Original fans= Classic Obsessors/Classix Loyalists?

Haha, this doesn't seem even to me... smilie
#17 Posted: 04:42:30 19/02/2011
It's kinda fitting, since most Classic Obsessors are in their 20s, and most LoS fanbrats are under the age of 15. This makes me out of the ordinary, since I'm talking the way I am and yet I'm only 14. Several people don't believe me when I say that.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#18 Posted: 04:49:35 19/02/2011
I believe you, though I do find it.. I don't know. Most people my age (14/15) seem clueless on how to use proper grammar at all. It gets irritating, lol. And you seem to be way smarter/reasonable than most people my age I know. So I believe you, it's just a change from what I'm used to smilie (Which would be a good thing)

And I guess so. And I guess that's why they call it labeling, considering not all TLoS fans are younger, and not all Original fans are older. But the term 'brat' and 'tard' seem more.. I don't know the word.. insulting? At least compared to 'obsessor' and 'loyalist'. I think insulting may have really been the wrong word, but I hope you see what I'm saying. smilie
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#19 Posted: 04:49:46 19/02/2011
I'm 11 and I like all of the Spyro series (at the moment) so would I be out of the ordinary too?

But I think that the LoS fanbrats are stupid sending these hate letters to Activision, it isn't good. They are judging it without knowing anything about it. Why don't they give it a chance?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#20 Posted: 04:57:22 19/02/2011
^ The Classic fans are doing it too, and in larger numbers. Most LoS fanbrats are just angry that Cynder and the others aren't in the game. I don't care if they're in the game. I'd be nice if they were, but it's easy to live without them.

The Classic fans complain about the design more than anything else. What makes them worse is that they're louder about their hate, and they refuse to buy a game that they wanted, just because of his design. It makes me sick, and you know you're doing something wrong when you make the LoS fanbrats look sane.
#21 Posted: 04:59:33 19/02/2011
I didn't hear anything of the Original Fans doing this. Strange, I thought they were the sensible ones.
---
I draw stuff.
#22 Posted: 05:01:42 19/02/2011
Nope. They are the ones on the announcement topic that are screaming about the design, and they are the ones spamming the Skylanders section with hate topics. They are also the people spamming in Skylander groups on dA. LoS fanbrats are actually rather tame compared to these guys. And once again, you know you have a problem when you make the LoS fanbrats look sane.
#23 Posted: 05:03:31 19/02/2011
Quote: CAV
It's kinda fitting, since most Classic Obsessors are in their 20s, and most LoS fanbrats are under the age of 15. This makes me out of the ordinary, since I'm talking the way I am and yet I'm only 14. Several people don't believe me when I say that.

Most classic fanboys/girls tend to be in their mid to late teens to early 20s.

"Nope. They are the ones on the announcement topic that are screaming about the design, and they are the ones spamming the Skylanders section with hate topics. They are also the people spamming in Skylander groups on dA. LoS fanbrats are actually rather tame compared to these guys. And once again, you know you have a problem when you make the LoS fanbrats look sane."

Ive discussed this with you before, but I think its too hard to judge what fan base is being worse. Are you sure that all these people are original fans? Im seeing alot of comments on my Skylanders videos on youtube from LOS fans too. Plus there was that Deviantart account that was declaring war on Skylanders.

You really can not generalize, because you can't really tell what fanbase is being worse. And I can not see how LOS fans are being the more "sensible ones "(I would EXPECT them to rage about it really).

For one, im an old spyro fanboy/tard and I have no real problems with Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:08:09 19/02/2011 by Ratchet
#24 Posted: 05:04:42 19/02/2011
I meant before the Skylanders announcement.
And I guess it is, because they are the (usually) crazy ones around here, not including the ones who like all three Spyro series.
---
I draw stuff.
#25 Posted: 05:09:20 19/02/2011
^How are the people that like all 3 crazy?
#26 Posted: 05:10:52 19/02/2011
I said they aren't, only the ones that only like LoS are crazy, lol.
---
I draw stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#27 Posted: 05:17:11 19/02/2011
I've seen a couple of LoS fans try and send hate mail to Activision to try and cancel Skylanders simply because they hate it. One of my friends on DA was driven by his hatred of the game, that he posted a blog to the LoS DA group in order to rally other fans to go up against Activision about them 'ruining Spyro' to cancel the game.

But the Classic Spyro DA group was irritated by the trolling fans that hate Skylanders; they took a calm response about this in their updated blog. http://oldspyroclub.deviantart.com/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:19:30 19/02/2011 by Aura24
#28 Posted: 05:19:08 19/02/2011
If I were younger, I'd probably do the same because if I were younger I'd love LoS so much like I did when I was younger...
---
I draw stuff.
#29 Posted: 05:21:47 19/02/2011
^ Exaculy. Im not saying that LOS fans are worse than Original fans. But C'mon, you can't really judge how many people from which fandom hate this game.

I do think that the LOS fans have a BETTER REASON to hate this game though
#30 Posted: 05:23:17 19/02/2011
Quote: Ratchet
Ive discussed this with you before, but I think its too hard to judge what fan base is being worse. Are you sure that all these people are original fans? Im seeing alot of comments on my Skylanders videos on youtube from LOS fans too. Plus there was that Deviantart account that was declaring war on Skylanders.

You really can not generalize, because you can't really tell what fanbase is being worse. And I can not see how LOS fans are being the more "sensible ones "(I would EXPECT them to rage about it really).

For one, im an old spyro fanboy/tard and I have no real problems with Skylanders.

I didn't say that all of them were Classic Loyalists. The majority of them are though, since most hate groups are from them, and the majority of people complaining about his design are them. LoS fanbrats tend to complain about *insert character here* isn't in it, and I've only seen that about 4 times here.

Yes, I expect LoS fanbrats to rage about this. And while a good amount of them are, most of them are complaining about *insert character here* not being in the game. The Classic Loyalists are the ones that constantly whine about the design. I'm not generalizing. I'm calling it as I see it.

So I have every right to say that the Classic Loyalists are worse than the LoS fanbrats about this, since they are louder, and whining about the design is worse than whining about how Cynder isn't in the game.
#31 Posted: 05:24:11 19/02/2011
None of them really do, they haven't even played the game. Who cares about the design when that hardly matters in a game?
---
I draw stuff.
#32 Posted: 05:27:10 19/02/2011
Neither group have a good reason to hate the game, but I can still see why LoS fanbrats would be pissed.

If my favorite character was cut from the next game, I'd be peeved. Yeah, Cynder's one of my favorites, but yet I'm not pissed. Strange. But I get where they're coming from. It's a stupid reason to not try the game, but at least it has SOME sort of logic.

The design excuse has no substance at all.
#33 Posted: 05:30:44 19/02/2011
Quote: CAV

I didn't say that all of them were Classic Loyalists. The majority of them are though, since most hate groups are from them, and the majority of people complaining about his design are them. LoS fanbrats tend to complain about *insert character here* isn't in it, and I've only seen that about 4 times here.

Yes, I expect LoS fanbrats to rage about this. And while a good amount of them are, most of them are complaining about *insert character here* not being in the game. The Classic Loyalists are the ones that constantly whine about the design. I'm not generalizing. I'm calling it as I see it.

So I have every right to say that the Classic Loyalists are worse than the LoS fanbrats about this, since they are louder, and whining about the design is worse than whining about how Cynder isn't in the game.

The LOS fans are complaining about Spyro's design too. And you cant say that X is complaining about Y and A is complaining about B as that is a huge generalisation. I see LOS fans complaining about things such as the shift in storyline and going back to a childish target audience. Every hate group and "bring back Spyro" group I have seen was set up by a LOS fan.

Just drop it, you can't just assume that there's many more original fans who hate this game, when you don't have many hard facts to back you up. As I said, I don't think theres more LOS fans, but I dont think theres more original fans either, it's too hard to tell.
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#34 Posted: 06:25:37 19/02/2011
I like all three Spyro's. I don't mind Skylander's, and to be honest, I can't wait till it comes out. smilie
---
N/A
#35 Posted: 06:58:40 19/02/2011
The LOS fans are complaining about Spyro's design too. And you cant say that X is complaining about Y and A is complaining about B as that is a huge generalisation. I see LOS fans complaining about things such as the shift in storyline and going back to a childish target audience. Every hate group and "bring back Spyro" group I have seen was set up by a LOS fan.

Just drop it, you can't just assume that there's many more original fans who hate this game, when you don't have many hard facts to back you up. As I said, I don't think theres more LOS fans, but I dont think theres more original fans either, it's too hard to tell.

I didn't say that LoS isn't complaining about the design, but the Classic fans are complaining about it more. Both groups are complaining about both items, but each group seems more intent on raging about one subject more than another.

And once again, while all of those arguements are invalid reasons not to try the game, it's still not as bad as the design arguement.

If you don't want to talk about this, why did you bring it up? And don't expect me to drop it if you respond. You should know me by now.

Dude, look all over the site. For the most part I see Classic fans complaining. While LoS fanbrats exist and are complaining about various items, Classic Loyalists are complaining about the design above all. And at the end of the day, think about this: only one LoS group tried to stop the release of this game, compared to the several Classic groups that did the same, and failed just the same. It's not hard to tell which side is complaining more. Feel free to ask other people here. Odds are that the majority will agree.
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#36 Posted: 06:59:58 19/02/2011
The only thing I don't like about Skylander's is that Sparx is missing...
---
N/A
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#37 Posted: 13:50:49 19/02/2011
Quote: Skyqueen
The only thing I don't like about Skylander's is that Sparx is missing...

^This.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the classic games. When Activision first announced this game and saying that this game's gonna go back to Spyro's roots, I was really pleased about it. I don't mind the new game at all. I'm not too much of a fan of the Legend series, but I still like that series as well.

So yeah, I'm gonna buy this game whenever it comes out this fall. I'm just happy that there's a new Spyro game for years. smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#38 Posted: 14:51:01 19/02/2011
I can't say I'm a real fan yet as I never played it, but I have hopes (not very high ones; DotD taught me not to do that) that it will be fun and the personality of Spyro, his interaction with other characters, the fanbase, and the story WON'T give me rage. I think the design is a bit ugly, but still cute, if that makes any sense.

I also hope that the massve cast and choice in which character you use doesn't detract too much from character and story developement. I have a theory that they could incorperate all 30 characters into the story from the start, but you simply can't play a character until you have the toy.

IDK which toys I'll get, but I already like the looks of some (Ignitor, Stealth, Trigger Happy, Gill, the Gryphon) and I expect I'll be getting any dragons they have, plus a unicorn or other gryphons if they make any, and the old characters if they're ever released. I also really hope we get some robot characters too. I don't understand why they didn't incorperate the old Characters. It would have been very wise to do so because that would have attracted more previous fans, or at least put a stop to all this 'OMG so-and-so isn't in it' anger. But then again, I guess there'd be rage over designs. The characers I want to see are Hunter (if they combine classic and LOS well enough, or eliminate his LOS side alltogether), Sparx, the Elders of AHT, the Guardians of LOS, Ember, Flame, Cynder (if they fix her), Elora (I see her being a magic user of some kind), Bianca, and Bently, Agent9, Sheila, and Sgt. Byrd (I think they could fit into Skylanders really well).

EDIT: Ahem, was this topic not made to praise and express fandom of Skylanders? I don't think it was made to whine about haters or determine a fitting name for them, so could we just lump em all together and call them haters/flamers so we can stop and get on topic?
Also, agree with what Razz said about the use of the term Nazi. I myself have yet to comprehend why I said nothing sooner; my gegative feelings about the term have been nagging me since I first heard it.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:18 19/02/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#39 Posted: 15:11:45 19/02/2011
^You say we're off-topic, then you go off-topic yourself.

Cynder, Agent9, Sgt. Byrd, Elora, Ember and Flame all would've been nice additions to the game and it would be interesting to see the designs and how they are put in there. Can't have a perfect world. Maybe they'll release them as DLC or future figures. smilie
#40 Posted: 15:39:59 19/02/2011
I hope they make figures.
---
#41 Posted: 15:48:12 19/02/2011
It would be nice to get those characters as DLC. If Marvel vs Capcom 3 could do it on the SAME day as the actual game's release, why can't Activision? But then again, how would they do it for the Wii port?
#42 Posted: 15:59:15 19/02/2011
Wii can go online, and you can buy Nintendo points, thus you can have DLC on a Wii.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#43 Posted: 16:04:42 19/02/2011
I'm a fan of the Classic and LoS universes, but I can't really say I'm a fan of Skylanders yet. Just need to see more....

Soooo....is it legal for me to be here?
[User Posted Image]
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#44 Posted: 16:10:28 19/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Wii can go online, and you can buy Nintendo points, thus you can have DLC on a Wii.

I know. I have a Wii. I had it long before I got my Xbox. 2 days ago marked the 4th anniversary in which I got it.

But nobody has ever thought of DLC on the Wii, and frankly I didn't think it was possible.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:05 19/02/2011 by CAV
#45 Posted: 16:12:18 19/02/2011
Some music games, like Rock Band and Samba De Amigo have extra songs as DLC on Wii. So it is possible.
---
#46 Posted: 16:17:22 19/02/2011
It must be possible; need console internet conection and money to buy DLC. Wi goes online, Nintendo points cards exist, thus Wii DLC is doable. Not common, but doable.
---
#47 Posted: 16:26:54 19/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Some music games, like Rock Band and Samba De Amigo have extra songs as DLC on Wii. So it is possible.

Note that they are the only ones to do it. Everyone seems intent on only making DLC for XBLA. Something tells me they would do that, and if that's the case, then I would HAVE to get the game for Xbox, or PS3 if I manage to get one by then.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:35 19/02/2011 by CAV
#48 Posted: 16:28:43 19/02/2011
And PSN. smilie

But what I'm saying is that it's technically possible to put DLC on Wii.....we just need developers to get off their lazy asses up, that's all....
---
#49 Posted: 16:30:54 19/02/2011
Most developers make exclusive DLC for XBL *coughBlackOpscough*

And they won't get their lazy asses up. Like I said, I'll be inclined to get this game for PS3 or 360 in fear of them actually making old characters available through DLC. Possibly PS3 if I get one by then, since I want to be able to play the game online for free.
#50 Posted: 16:32:41 19/02/2011
I'm getting it for PS3 regardless.....better graphics, and I have a ton of friends on it.....that is, IF I'm convinced to get the game....
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me