Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The end of LOS vs Original 'War'?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The end of LOS vs Original 'War'? [CLOSED]
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1 Posted: 01:07:19 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
For the last 5 years, every third topic on both this forum and spyroforum.com turned into a battling ground against LOS and Original fans. With the announcement of Skylanders, this war is pretty much over, let me explain.

The war sometimes sounded like it had no reason, but it did have one. Which universe was superior?, was the reboot necessary? and what universe should they continue on in the next games. Old fans have been speculating that after DOTD they should return to old spyro (and after ANB too), and LOS fans have been speculating that they would simply continue with the LOS format. Because neither of these things happened, it pretty much meant those years of arguement were meant for NOTHING.

And all really can LOS vs Original argue about now is "if they made a game about an old spyro series, which one will they do?". But the answer is simple.

LOS is dead, it's very unlikely it is coming back now.
Original is dead, but it is more likely to come back than LOS (Because the games were popular, you mau see an "aniversary game" or a revitalisation in some years to come.

But it wont be for some years to come.

Nobody has ANY reason to make another LOS game, the LOS games werent selling well (and thats when they were at their best), and unlike the originals, they did not get enough acclaim that they could make a game for the anniversary of it.

So really, a 'war' between the LOS and Original community is pretty much over now..And I dont think I will be taking part in a war with Skylanders vs LOS vs Original, and I believe it wont be anything like the LOS vs original war
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#2 Posted: 01:09:50 13/02/2011
That war is just about dead since most LoS fanbrats have moved on. Now the war is between Classic Nazis and the few people that actually are looking at Skylanders with an open mind.

And this one's going to be a bigger bloodbath than any war we've seen in the Spyro fandom.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:19 13/02/2011 by CAV
#3 Posted: 01:18:46 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I really do not agree. Speaking on behalf of original fans, we are pretty happy that LOS is over and they are returning to a more lighthearted atmosphere. I wont be buying the game, but it looks like a better idea than LOS and we have already gone through one reboot before. I think Original fans will ignore this series as I will. Many original fans hated the way they turned spyro into an overdramatic game with a wimpy main character. This game looks like the opposite, and even MORE goofy than the original games.

We hated that Spyro turned into Spyro X Cynder and all about the story, this game seems like fresh air. Not exaculy what original fans wanted, but original fans did NOT want LOS.

I am personally surprised that there arnt more LOS fans raging about Skylanders. especially Cynder fangirls
#4 Posted: 01:22:59 13/02/2011
No. All of the Classic fans are rioting over his design and saying "SPYRO'S DEAD!". That's not happy. This is why it's going to be a bloodbath. With LoS, there were proper reasons why they wouldn't like the game. But this game isn't even out yet, and why people are in uproar this far from the release astounds me and proves that the fanbase is all about complaining now.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 01:24:47 13/02/2011
ANDREW! GET ON SKYPE AND GET THE SPEEDRUN DONE WITH JOHN!

But yes, I do believe that it is the end of the TLoS vs Original war... But only because of the Skylanders fans that'll think it's the best thing in the world (e.g. 6-9 year olds)
#6 Posted: 02:07:56 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
No. All of the Classic fans are rioting over his design and saying "SPYRO'S DEAD!". That's not happy. This is why it's going to be a bloodbath. With LoS, there were proper reasons why they wouldn't like the game. But this game isn't even out yet, and why people are in uproar this far from the release astounds me and proves that the fanbase is all about complaining now.

Classic fans? So you're telling me that LOS fans are all happy with his new design and personality? I do not believe that for a second. if anything, LOS fans are probably more in rage about this.
#7 Posted: 02:13:51 13/02/2011
Quote: Ratchet
Classic fans? So you're telling me that LOS fans are all happy with his new design and personality? I do not believe that for a second. if anything, LOS fans are probably more in rage about this.

The comments that I see are "Here's a goodbye to Spyro games ever becoming good", which is a sign that they are the people that don't like LoS, therefore are Classic fans. LoS fans are rioting about how Cynder and other characters aren't in the game.

Both are unhappy, but Classic fans are more raged about the game.
#8 Posted: 02:19:25 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. But I can not see how original spyro fans would be more inraged when LOS fans have just had their series rebooted
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 02:22:59 13/02/2011
Well, mostly they were expecting Spyro to look exactly like his Classic look, instead of his design in SSA if the game was based on the Originals.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:25:59 13/02/2011 by Aura24
#10 Posted: 02:37:26 13/02/2011
^ And they only way they can get the exact original design is if Insomniac were to make the games, and they don't want to.
#11 Posted: 02:40:39 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Well, mostly they were expecting Spyro to look exactly like his Classic look, instead of his design in SSA if the game was based on the Originals.

Who said LOS fans didnt want Spyro to look like his LOS look either?
#12 Posted: 02:43:31 13/02/2011

I meant some of the Classic fans who want the Old Spyro back. They got their wish, and then what? They complain on Spyro's design not being THEIR Spyro in their eyes.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#13 Posted: 02:50:16 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Well he doesnt really looks like Old Spyro, you have to admit that. And the universe kind of looks like the old spyro universe but..not really.

And before you jump, I dont care, so you dont need to tell me that I should accept it. But I would understand why an original fan, or a LOS fan wouldnt accept his new design either.
#14 Posted: 02:52:35 13/02/2011
I'm not telling you to accept it, Ratchet. I'm only telling the obvious. It's like Sonic 4 all over again.
---
#15 Posted: 02:55:26 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I do accept it though. I dont care what he looks like
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#16 Posted: 03:23:29 13/02/2011
WOw, I completely disagree with you. You see, just like you said the Originals were more popular, that is from your POV. I say that the LoS fans are superior in numbers, and that the LoS style are by far more likely to come back than the originals. Sorry but its true.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#17 Posted: 03:40:37 13/02/2011
^ I don't know about that. I mean, this game is based on the Originals, so I think it's more likely if the Original Spyro design comes back, if it ever does.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#18 Posted: 07:25:18 13/02/2011
Quote: BEST FAN EVER
WOw, I completely disagree with you. You see, just like you said the Originals were more popular, that is from your POV. I say that the LoS fans are superior in numbers, and that the LoS style are by far more likely to come back than the originals. Sorry but its true.

I highly disagree with you. You clearly don't check around the whole of the net, just places like Youtube/DeviantArt where only the latest series get attention. If the LoS numbers were greater, then shouldn't the series have sold much better? Not to mention, Acti want money. If LoS was truly that popular for that age range, they would have continued it somehow.

If anything, LoS is done for and finished now.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:27:08 13/02/2011 by Spyroo
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#19 Posted: 08:02:00 13/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

I highly disagree with you. You clearly don't check around the whole of the net, just places like Youtube/DeviantArt where only the latest series get attention. If the LoS numbers were greater, then shouldn't the series have sold much better? Not to mention, Acti want money. If LoS was truly that popular for that age range, they would have continued it somehow.

If anything, LoS is done for and finished now.

I dont go around youtube, and Iv never been on deviant art! But anyways, thats my view smilie
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#20 Posted: 08:08:02 13/02/2011

I meant some of the Classic fans who want the Old Spyro back. They got their wish, and then what? They complain on Spyro's design not being THEIR Spyro in their eyes.

His design is like a mix between the 2.

I am imagining the game is as well because it is a original layout with flight.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#21 Posted: 08:24:48 13/02/2011
This. ^

Artistically, SKL Spyro is a pretty cool mix between Classic and LoS while also having a lot of unique qualities all his own.
#22 Posted: 09:52:21 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I wouldnt call him a mix IMO, more like just another variation. When did spyro have fangs, red eyes and THOSE kind of eyebrows.

"WOw, I completely disagree with you. You see, just like you said the Originals were more popular, that is from your POV. I say that the LoS fans are superior in numbers, and that the LoS style are by far more likely to come back than the originals. Sorry but its true."

Well yes, these days, because LOS was only around a few years ago. Many old spyro fans moved on years ago. But there are still people around that remember the old games from the playstation, and there will be many more people like that in 10 years compared to people who remember LOS.

If LOS was popular enough to continue it would have continued. Atleast Original Spyro can fall back on the fact it was once a very popular series.
#23 Posted: 14:20:51 14/02/2011
I do accept it though. I dont care what he looks like

That's one thing that I give you praise for. Unlike 70% of the people that don't want the game, you actually give a valid reason why.

Quote: Ice Dragoness
His design is like a mix between the 2.

^this

I see the fangs/jaw and the spots of LoS, and the horns and puny figure of Classic. They are trying to make everyone happy, but in the end people won't accept it.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#24 Posted: 17:19:00 14/02/2011

M'kay, I can't stick around, my lunch break is ending, but before I go, I'll tell you this much: Look at the sales records for each LOS and Classic games, and then go look at some official reviews.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#25 Posted: 18:36:35 14/02/2011
Yeah well now there's three different series's so now it's a brawl.
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#26 Posted: 20:15:08 14/02/2011
Agreeing with Razz and Aura here. Personally, I think the new Spyro is freaking adorable. Then again I'm the kid who played with salamanders and snakes instead of Barbies.

I'm hoping the "war" is over. Now that LoS is done, all those with fan comics or whatever can do what they want since the story won't change. Classic fans... I never followed the story anyway so you can do what ye like. I love the look of this new game, and the ten year old in me is going "OMFG TOYS I WANT THEM!"

I don't think we need fan wars. Just facts. All the people screaming "SPYRO IS DEAD!" need to take a step back and notice the purple scales, curved horns, triangular tail, etc. Besides, if I remember correctly if Skylander's does well they'll give Spyro his own game and Skylanders will be it's own series. Either way, the game looks fun. The trailer was made horridly bad, but the few minutes of gameplay video looks good to me.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#27 Posted: 20:44:51 14/02/2011

No... It's from your point of view... The fact is that the originals had more fans, sold more units and made more money than TLoS. THAT is fact. Everything you said about TLoS coming back is based on YOUR OPINION.

Opinion is not Fact

Going by FACT, TLoS will not return, as it was the least popular of the series.
#28 Posted: 02:17:11 15/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: minredd
Agreeing with Razz and Aura here. Personally, I think the new Spyro is freaking adorable. Then again I'm the kid who played with salamanders and snakes instead of Barbies.

I'm hoping the "war" is over. Now that LoS is done, all those with fan comics or whatever can do what they want since the story won't change. Classic fans... I never followed the story anyway so you can do what ye like. I love the look of this new game, and the ten year old in me is going "OMFG TOYS I WANT THEM!"

I don't think we need fan wars. Just facts. All the people screaming "SPYRO IS DEAD!" need to take a step back and notice the purple scales, curved horns, triangular tail, etc. Besides, if I remember correctly if Skylander's does well they'll give Spyro his own game and Skylanders will be it's own series. Either way, the game looks fun. The trailer was made horridly bad, but the few minutes of gameplay video looks good to me.

Ill probably get used to Spyro's look, but I dont have a huge problem with it. It was the first thing I got over with LOS, and most likely it will be the first thing here. Im not going to rage about it or include his look on any rant, but if they DID make Spyro look a bit more normal, it probably wouldnt of split the fanbase this much. Its not like he looks BETTER than before, so it wouldnt of hurt if they made his design more appreciated among fans. Again, I dont care, but others do.

And I hardly played with toys while I was younger (Pretty much just the crash and spyro video games or when I did play with toys it was about Crash and Spyro) so that really makes me not fit in there.

And my main problem with LOS was how they made spyro something he wasnt. He had a personality that was too whiny, too serious and the games were too dark and took themselves too seriously. Slylanders seems much more like the atmosphere of the classic Spyro games and doesnt take itself seriously. Unlike LOS, I think this is a good name for Spyro. All I don't want is the original games forgotton when this turns into a big franchise.

Also, thankyou Owen, atleast there are some Intelligent LOS fans around
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#29 Posted: 17:27:21 17/02/2011
I'm thinking that with the newest addition to the Spyro franchise, TLoS v. Classic will become "Old Spyro" v. "New Spyro".

What I mean about this is that when the new fans come with the release of Skylanders, TLoS and Classic will just become "Classic" or "Old Spyro" while Skylanders is "New Spyro". I believe that LoS fans and Classic fans should bury the axe soon, because once Skylanders fans join, LoS and Classic will more than likely combine to form one party while Skylanders and any new Spyro games will become the new party.

Know what I'm trying to say?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#30 Posted: 17:47:54 17/02/2011
The wars were hilarious- just put a hardcore-emo LoS fantard into a room with a classic nazi, get out of there quickly and get yourself some popcorn smilie

But I totally agree with spyrocynderfan- LoS and classic will merge into 'old Spyro' while the 'ittle kids will be 'new Spyro', basically because LoS and classic have nothing left to agrue over. And the olde's will certainly outnumber the kids because there's a whole 10 years or so of fans on their side.

Though, I'd have to say looking at DA and YT, most LoS fans have gone into a frenzy about this and demand every fan to spam Activision with flame mail, whilst most classic fans are either saying 'dude, seriously?' or are cool about this, since they've experienced a re-boot before.

What I'm trying to say is that alot of hardcore classic or LoS fans have left already, so the majority remaining are neutral.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#31 Posted: 20:58:44 17/02/2011
It'll either be Original vs. TLoS vs. the newly added Skylanders, or "Old Spyro" (Original and TLoS) vs. "New Spyro" (Skylanders Spyro)

I don't see this being the end of the wars at all. If not, I only see it getting worse tbh.
#32 Posted: 21:04:42 17/02/2011
Quote: Darby
It'll either be Original vs. TLoS vs. the newly added Skylanders, or "Old Spyro" (Original and TLoS) vs. "New Spyro" (Skylanders Spyro)

I don't see this being the end of the wars at all. If not, I only see it getting worse tbh.

Yeah, right now I've noticed in the LoS DA group that the LoS fans are planning on sending mail to Activision to tell the company to stop the production of Skylanders, which is pretty selfish of them. And it won't work, since Activision doesn't listen to mail anyway.

And I noticed that some of the members there are smart enough to not get involved and thinks it's a silly idea...

http://legend-of-spyro-fans.de.../blog/38385142/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:36 17/02/2011 by Aura24
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#33 Posted: 21:06:21 17/02/2011
Why must I keep saying this?

Quote: Malefor0001
Responding to the earlier posts on-topic, I personally think the fights will be started by the things most fans have been shouting out, like "THEY RAPED SPYRO AND IM NOT PLAYING THIS GAME CAUSE SPYRO IS UGLY!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!"
These people, IMHO, Need to get a grip (No offense intended) Spyro may look different, but have they played the game? Have they seen the whole game in full contrast? I think not. I'm not jumping to conclusions until this game out, but Reasons why I like it are obviously.
Firstly it reminds me of the original Spyro. Unlimited breathe, ligfht-hearted atmosphere and hopefully magical realms.
Secondly, its a fresh change from tLoS. Of course, I liked the first LoS, but the others lost their touch and were very dark, gloomy, whatnot, IMO.
Thirdly, just to annoy the idiotic fans who have no reason to hate it other than Spyro looking different. Immature? Less immature than the fans screaming this out.
Plus these fans also boast "I'll always love Spyro no matter what"...? Ignoring their vows now?

I'm a fan of the Classic Spyros, and I love the first three games. They defined the series.
But I like SSA. Deal with it.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#34 Posted: 21:12:41 17/02/2011
Agreed. This seems like it is going to be a bad war and enemies are forming an alliance if what you speak of is true, Darby.
The battle of Original vs. TLoS has ended, but the war of the whole of Spyro has only just begun...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#35 Posted: 21:20:06 17/02/2011
Cue epic War music!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#36 Posted: 21:22:02 17/02/2011
lol, you're obsessed with Conker at the moment, aren't you?
---
I draw stuff.
#37 Posted: 21:23:21 17/02/2011
Yeah!....

I don't even have the Xbox remake, but I just seen that song, and...just epic...smilie
---
#38 Posted: 21:24:46 17/02/2011
Well, what do you think about this 'war' then?
---
I draw stuff.
#39 Posted: 21:29:44 17/02/2011
Don't really care at the moment...

I'm like Conker....I got just click into a site(walk into the SHC base), get dragged into flame wars(Conker getting dragged into SHC vs. Tediz war by SHC General), run amuck here(Conker making a mess of the Tediz base), and quietly leave(Conker going back to Windy on the boat)....
---
#40 Posted: 21:30:25 17/02/2011

Yeah, right now I've noticed in the LoS DA group that the LoS fans are planning on sending mail to Activision to tell the company to stop the production of Skylanders, which is pretty selfish of them. And it won't work, since Activision doesn't listen to mail anyway.

And I noticed that some of the members there are smart enough to not get involved and thinks it's a silly idea...

http://legend-of-spyro-fans.de.../blog/38385142/

Thats just pathetic! I mean, just because they don't like it, everybody else has to hate it? Thats stupid.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#41 Posted: 21:33:00 17/02/2011
Totally agreed. It is pathetic, LoS fans are getting worse at this very moment!
---
I draw stuff.
#42 Posted: 21:39:58 17/02/2011
Its not just LoS fans, there are some people dedicated to hating activison and jumping to Conclusions...

Technically more people like the Originals, if you haven't noticed, about 3/4 of the Spyro fans hate or just dislike tLoS.
I would post links to Topics showing this but, er, The new Limits...
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#43 Posted: 21:42:01 17/02/2011
Some TLoS fans, yes. I'm disappointed they threw it down the drain, but I wouldn't go that far at all. It's stupid what they're doing and how desperate they are. It's not going to make a difference.
#44 Posted: 21:42:33 17/02/2011
...It's Sonic 4 ALL OVER again!!!smilie

---
#45 Posted: 21:43:33 17/02/2011
Some TLoS fans, yes. I'm disappointed they threw it down the drain, but I wouldn't go that far at all. It's stupid what they're doing and how desperate they are. It's not going to make a difference.

Agreed.
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#46 Posted: 21:56:11 17/02/2011
For the last 5 years, every third topic on both this forum and spyroforum.com turned into a battling ground against LOS and Original fans. With the announcement of Skylanders, this war is pretty much over, let me explain.

The war sometimes sounded like it had no reason, but it did have one. Which universe was superior?, was the reboot necessary? and what universe should they continue on in the next games. Old fans have been speculating that after DOTD they should return to old spyro (and after ANB too), and LOS fans have been speculating that they would simply continue with the LOS format. Because neither of these things happened, it pretty much meant those years of arguement were meant for NOTHING.

And all really can LOS vs Original argue about now is "if they made a game about an old spyro series, which one will they do?". But the answer is simple.

Original is dead, but it is more likely to come back than LOS (Because the games were popular, you mau see an "aniversary game" or a revitalisation in some years to come.

Nobody has ANY reason to make another LOS game, the LOS games werent selling well (and thats when they were at their best), and unlike the originals, they did not get enough acclaim that they could make a game for the anniversary of it.

So really, a 'war' between the LOS and Original community is pretty much over now..And I dont think I will be taking part in a war with Skylanders vs LOS vs Original, and I believe it wont be anything like the LOS vs original war

Yes this may end this war, but a new war unlike any other is going to start
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#47 Posted: 22:02:52 17/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001

Agreed.

And now it seemed that the Founder realized that one of the admins, who hates Skylander, created the 'send mail to Activision to cancel Skylanders' blog, and apologizes to the group about the attempt to go against the fans who like Skylanders and try to get the game cancelled. Since they are a group about the LoS after all, and that they will hope that another Spyro game in the LoS universe will be made.

http://legend-of-spyro-fans.de.../blog/38529167/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:46 17/02/2011 by Aura24
#48 Posted: 22:05:50 17/02/2011
I feel that the apology was nice, but still, it was selfish...
---
#49 Posted: 22:11:17 17/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101

Yes this may end this war, but a new war unlike any other is going to start

As we see it, yes. But I won't take sides, I like all Spyro games equally so therefore I hope no one will start this war. The fans need to see that.
---
I draw stuff.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#50 Posted: 22:15:53 17/02/2011
Ohhh, snap! smilie Poor thing, logging into DA only to realize her/his group was flooded with hate mail.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me