Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro's design is horrible
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Spyro's design is horrible [CLOSED]
Phantom 69 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1624
#51 Posted: 03:53:52 16/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Phantom 69
Sorry bout changing subject but SSA (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure) looks like its going to be better than R&C: All 4 One.

Phantom, welcome back! :3 You mean you don't mind Spyro's design nor the game in progress?

Thank You sweetheart. I won't judge a game until I play it. I'm not gonna cry about how Activision messed up Spyro nowadays, but I do agree about the look. Too me he looks demented, but Im all about gameplay so the look doesn't matter to me. Second, I guess Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, and The Tony Hawk's Ride and Shred influenced Activision to give Spyro the toy thing, just for a bonus item and new type gameplay. If that happened to Call of Duty, they would be loosing some money. Third, Spyro gets '011, Crash is getting '012. Sucks we cant get both a year again. Fourth, due to people complainig about Spyro rebooting again, that might have been one reason we got late info on Feb. 11. Activision was right to take 2 or 3 years off for Spyro, they were afraid to make the move, but they had no choice. Fifth, I have to agree with some people that Skylanders is close to original Spyro.
---
T.E.O.M.E.I.M.F.: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.
http://www.youtube.com/ThePhantomKing
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 04:35:29 16/02/2011
Sorry bout changing subject but SSA (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure) looks like its going to be better than R&C: All 4 One.

Phantom, welcome back! :3 You mean you don't mind Spyro's design nor the game in progress?

Thank You sweetheart. I won't judge a game until I play it. I'm not gonna cry about how Activision messed up Spyro nowadays, but I do agree about the look. Too me he looks demented, but Im all about gameplay so the look doesn't matter to me. Second, I guess Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, and The Tony Hawk's Ride and Shred influenced Activision to give Spyro the toy thing, just for a bonus item and new type gameplay. If that happened to Call of Duty, they would be loosing some money. Third, Spyro gets '011, Crash is getting '012. Sucks we cant get both a year again. Fourth, due to people complainig about Spyro rebooting again, that might have been one reason we got late info on Feb. 11. Activision was right to take 2 or 3 years off for Spyro, they were afraid to make the move, but they had no choice. Fifth, I have to agree with some people that Skylanders is close to original Spyro.

And you may have noticed the massive negativity that Spyro is receiving because of his looks and the gameplay demos...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Phantom 69 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1624
#53 Posted: 04:41:02 16/02/2011

And you may have noticed the massive negativity that Spyro is receiving because of his looks and the gameplay demos...

Oh yes. I pictured that since I first heard about it. Me on the other hand wish for the best to this Spyro game. The people just want to whine and cry about another reboot.
---
T.E.O.M.E.I.M.F.: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.
http://www.youtube.com/ThePhantomKing
#54 Posted: 04:44:09 16/02/2011

Oh yes. I pictured that since I first heard about it. Me on the other hand wish for the best to this Spyro game. The people just want to whine and cry about another reboot.

And also complain to the developers to change Spyro's design to their liking.. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#55 Posted: 14:30:39 16/02/2011
They might change his design later on, but if this is his final design before the game's release, then fans will just have to get used to it.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#56 Posted: 22:41:45 16/02/2011
I think fans have the right to dislike Spyro's new design. Just like you guys have the right to like it. People disliked TLoS's design, so what's so bad about disliking his new design? I don't blame them. smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#57 Posted: 22:47:32 16/02/2011
And may I remind you of the grief some Cynder fans(including myself) have had to put up with for liking the DotD design?

It's like you HAVE to like some designs, and it's a sin to like others....smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#58 Posted: 22:57:24 16/02/2011
Well people who like the design assume people hate the new game, JUST because of the design, which is totally unfair to the majority of us on this forums who don't exactly like it. They keep getting told off and stuff. A lot of the people who disliked TLoS Spyro and all out bashed him are the ones praising the new design and telling people off who dislike it, like they're not aloud to. It's extremely hypocritical, if you ask me. smilie Not aiming this at anyone here. Just something I noticed across the internet/Spyro fanbase that's really getting on my nerves.
#59 Posted: 22:59:10 16/02/2011
Quote:
Well people who like the design assume people hate the new game, JUST because of the design, which is totally unfair to the majority of us on this forums who don't exactly like it. They keep getting told off and stuff. A lot of the people who disliked TLoS Spyro and all out bashed him are the ones praising the new design and telling people off who dislike it, like they're not aloud to. It's extremely hypocritical, if you ask me. Not aiming this at anyone here. Just something I noticed across the internet/Spyro fanbase that's really getting on my nerves.

This too.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#60 Posted: 22:59:14 16/02/2011
For many of us, it's because there ARE people out there who keep bashing the game purely based on Spyro's look. Many LoS haters at least tried the game before bashing it :/
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#61 Posted: 23:01:55 16/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
For many of us, it's because there ARE people out there who keep bashing the game purely based on Spyro's look. Many LoS haters at least tried the game before bashing it :/

I don't even think that's a good reason to "tell people off".

If they started harassing YOU for LIKING the design, then yeah, tell them off...

But if they simply state they don't like the game because of the design, then there is no need to tell them off....it's their opinion, and you're not gonna change that.
---
#62 Posted: 23:05:01 16/02/2011
Yeah, there ARE people doing that, which is still stupid. Others are just upset at his design in general, as people were with TLoS/DotD Spyro's design, and they were free to bash it all they wanted. Why can't people just bash Spyro's new design? If they don't like it, they don't like it. It didn't matter when people bashed his previous design, so why now? And I'm not talking about the people who're judging the game from his design. I don't see what's wrong with disliking his design. :P
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#63 Posted: 23:05:06 16/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: Spyroo

I don't even think that's a good reason to "tell people off".

If they started harassing YOU for LIKING the design, then yeah, tell them off...

But if they simply state they don't like the game because of the design, then there is no need to tell them off....it's their opinion, and you're not gonna change that.

Well, I'm not telling people off, so......

Although on many sites, people are getting harassed for it.

I'm personally just sick of the complaining before the game is even out - I didn't do that with DotD, and I'm amazed by how many are doing it now.

edit: I mean that as in complaints about the game overall, not his new appearance.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:44 16/02/2011 by Spyroo
#64 Posted: 23:06:53 16/02/2011
Noo, none of that was aimed at you smilie Just saying how I feel about this whole design situation among the fans smilie

And games/products are advertised to give you an idea of what it's like. Skylanders advertisements are no different, and from what I'm seeing, I don't like the looks of it, but I'm trying not to bash it already.
#65 Posted: 23:08:55 16/02/2011
That was really a general post, not really directed at anyone in particular....

I'm aware that people are being harassed, that's why I mentioned it.

And I was sick of being accused of liking DotD just because I liked Cynder's design(I like the game for many reasons), but that didn't stop anyone from telling me I only like it because I thought Cynder was attractive in it...
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#66 Posted: 02:39:03 17/02/2011
Quote: Cynder985
They might change his design later on, but if this is his final design before the game's release, then fans will just have to get used to it.

Odds are they will, just like with the LoS design.

Quote: Darby
I think fans have the right to dislike Spyro's new design. Just like you guys have the right to like it. People disliked TLoS's design, so what's so bad about disliking his new design? I don't blame them. smilie

They have the right to dislike it, but it's kinda unfair to refuse to buy the game JUST because of that. They should try the game before doing so, or at least give a valid reason not to get it. A few people did that.

And may I remind you of the grief some Cynder fans(including myself) have had to put up with for liking the DotD design?

It's like you HAVE to like some designs, and it's a sin to like others....smilie

^this

I get a lot of crap just because I like the DotD design.

And I was sick of being accused of liking DotD just because I liked Cynder's design(I like the game for many reasons), but that didn't stop anyone from telling me I only like it because I thought Cynder was attractive in it...

^this again.

When I say that I liked DotD, I'm pretty sure people look what I've said in the perv topic and make a "connection". It's rather shallow, when all you really have to do is ask me to my face why I like the game. I'll gladly answer.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#67 Posted: 14:54:12 17/02/2011
Daw...Spyro's design isn't that bad. I kinda like it, he's kinda cute.
#68 Posted: 15:11:35 17/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Daw...Spyro's design isn't that bad. I kinda like it, he's kinda cute.

^This. Even though I prefer Spyro's classic design, I still like this design.

@CAV: Exactly. Since the game's still being worked on, I'm sure they'll change the design. But, like I said before, fans will have to get used to it if this design is final.
#69 Posted: 20:56:57 17/02/2011
Quote:

They have the right to dislike it, but it's kinda unfair to refuse to buy the game JUST because of that. They should try the game before doing so, or at least give a valid reason not to get it. A few people did that.

Yes, a few people are doing that, and it's stupid. But I see people saying they dislike the looks of this game, and as a reply to that people say: "Let me guess, is it just because of Spyro's design? smilie" or "get over it" or something alone those lines. < And I'm sure you've seen this too. it's so unfair to jump to that conclusion just because of a few people who're judging the game way too soon on a silly character design. And so what if they don't like the design? A lot of people disliked TLoS's design. And if they dislike Spyro's design AND the looks of the game, that's still different from disliking the game because of his design.
#70 Posted: 21:06:09 17/02/2011
Even if they don't buy the game because of the design, is it really our problem?

Seriously, whatever happened to the times when you just worry about whether or not YOU have a game, as opposed to random people on the internet?

Video games are an INDUSTRY, not a CHARITY!
We buy games for our own gain, not to fund the lives of game developers. While our money does fund their lives, it's never what anyone is thinking when they buy a game.

When I see people say they are not buying a game for a reason I think is stupid, I laugh to myself and don't reply to this person. What they do with their money is their business, not mine, and it's not like I can change their opinion anyway.
---
#71 Posted: 21:15:49 17/02/2011
^ I've brought it up before, but if I hadn't joined this forum I would have never had to have a reason for liking what games I like other than the fact I simply enjoy it. I find it sad how you have to explain yourself here. People can like/dislike games for their own reasons. smilie
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#72 Posted: 21:22:36 17/02/2011
In response to this Topic:
I don't give a crap. Spyro's design don't matter to me. Its the Game that matters.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#73 Posted: 00:57:50 18/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
In response to this Topic:
I don't give a crap. Spyro's design don't matter to me. Its the Game that matters.

^Agreed. I don't care for looks either. I just care about how good the game plays.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#74 Posted: 05:44:26 19/02/2011
Quote: Cynder_fan
Quote:
Whatever, I'm out of this flame topic. Seems like some fans who hate Skylanders Spyro thinks the bad guys are the fans who like the new Spyro, but are flamed by the haters anyway. They don't know how much irritation and the trolling we've gone through.

So for everyone bashing on us who don't like the design, so what? Who cares? If we don't consider it a true Spyro sequel, who cares? They're all opinions. I agreee that peope hsouldn't judge a game by it's cover, but I've seen a least enough to give me a guess of what the game will be like for me. I could be very well wrong, but I find it a bit childish and gimicky, and it wuoldn't work with me. MY opinion..

I agree with this. Aura, you're acting just as bad as the haters themselves.

You're complaining about it EVERYWHERE, and in the Both TLOS and Classic fans topic, you're always changing the subject to talk about the flamers.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:49:09 19/02/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#75 Posted: 05:49:47 19/02/2011
What? I am not. I'm not raging up a storm hating on the new Spyro like some of haters are doing, saying that 'Soyro is dead now' or 'they ruin Spyro, Activision sucks for that'. I definitely wouldn't attempt to rally other fans who hate Skylanders to try and do a silly goal, like sending hate mail to Activision to try and get them to cancel the upcoming game because they simply don't like it.

I'm sick of always being forced to joining either side of the Spyro franchise, with the 'either us or them' method. Now it seemed that it's either Classic Spyro, LoS Spyro, or Skylander Spyro. A some other fans feel the same way as well.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:51:46 19/02/2011 by Aura24
#76 Posted: 05:52:47 19/02/2011
I thoguht this argument was on the last page.
#77 Posted: 05:53:50 19/02/2011
Yeah, but DarkCynder brought it up back to life again... smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:59:50 19/02/2011 by Aura24
#78 Posted: 06:03:36 19/02/2011
Actually, the hate wasn't over. >.>
---
#79 Posted: 07:01:45 19/02/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
You're complaining about it EVERYWHERE, and in the Both TLOS and Classic fans topic, you're always changing the subject to talk about the flamers.

So am I, but I don't see you getting on my case about it. I actually think I'm doing it more than she is.
#80 Posted: 07:40:30 19/02/2011
Quote: CAV

So am I, but I don't see you getting on my case about it. I actually think I'm doing it more than she is.

Actually, I've never seen you complain.

People are acting like it's the end of the world, all because of Spyro's design.
---
#81 Posted: 07:45:18 19/02/2011

Actually, I've never seen you complain.

People are acting like it's the end of the world, all because of Spyro's design.

I'm complaining about the people that are refusing to buy the game due to his design.

I'm always talking about the flamers. I'm doing what Aura does, tenfold.
#82 Posted: 12:10:42 19/02/2011
I do find it stupid how people are complaining because of his design. I hate how they're sending e-mails to Actvision. As if that will do anything. >.>
But still, I people are complaining about them a bit too much. Yes, they suck and all, but if they don't like Spyro's design, then it's their problem. If they want to force themselves to hate the game because of the new Spyro, then let them. It's their own fault. Complaining about it to every Skylanders fan won't help, because not every one is a fan of every single Spyro game from Classic to TLOS to Skylanders. Talking about the flamers all over the boards and on other sites won't solve a thing, and will only make you more angry.

Some people are just more picky and don't love all the Spyro games just because the main character is a purple dragon, and the fact that the game has 'Spyro' in the title. If Spyro in TLOS was called Pikachu (don't ask. First name that popped into my head smilie), not Spyro, and if he was a gold dragon instead of a purple dragon, things would be different, and we probably wouldn't even tie it up with Spyro.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:16:12 19/02/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#83 Posted: 12:15:11 19/02/2011
I would also like to add that there are a lot of Spyro fans who are interested in the series largely due to the art direction. This is especially true in the LoS fandom(I met a person on dA recently that does amazing TLoS art regularly.....yet they haven't played the games!smilie)
---
#84 Posted: 13:33:33 19/02/2011
@DarkCynder_543: You know, I complain about stuff like this over at other sites, too. I know alot of people don't like the new design and the game, but the way they complain about Spyro being dead now is ridiculous. <.<
#85 Posted: 15:24:13 19/02/2011
I don't mind it if you are to complain about the design. BUT:

1. Emailing Activision isn't going to do anything.

2. Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean the game won't be successful.

3. Refusing to buy the game JUST because of the design is stubborn, shallow, and comes off as if you only liked Spyro because of his design.

4. Yes I know Spyro fans are picky. Remember that you're talking to someone whom listed ETD as the #2 worst game of all time (might be sliding into first). But I don't hate ETD because of his design. I hate it because of the glitches, long loading times, sappy voice acting, inconsistant difficulty for the age group it was intended for, blocky graphics, and broken controls. If you're going to hate Skylanders, at least play the game and list an actual reason why you hate it.
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4271
#86 Posted: 15:28:54 19/02/2011
I don't mind it if you are to complain about the design. BUT:

1. Emailing Activision isn't going to do anything.

2. Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean the game won't be successful.

3. Refusing to buy the game JUST because of the design is stubborn, shallow, and comes off as if you only liked Spyro because of his design.

4. Yes I know Spyro fans are picky. Remember that you're talking to someone whom listed ETD as the #2 worst game of all time (might be sliding into first). But I don't hate ETD because of his design. I hate it because of the glitches, long loading times, sappy voice acting, inconsistant difficulty for the age group it was intended for, blocky graphics, and broken controls. If you're going to hate Skylanders, at least play the game and list an actual reason why you hate it.

Actually, Darby wrote to someone who works at AV, and he replied her.
#87 Posted: 15:32:18 19/02/2011
Yes, and what did they say? "We unfortunately cannot tell you about our plans for the Spyro franchise. Thank you for emailing Activision". It's a dead end even if they do reply. I'll be lucky to get a reply from my mail to get the rights to sell the fan movie on DVD.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:58 19/02/2011 by CAV
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4271
#88 Posted: 15:33:49 19/02/2011
Yes, and what did they say? "We unfortunately cannot tell you about our plans for the Spyro franchise. Thank you for emailing Activision". It's a dead end even if they do reply. I'll be lucky to get a reply from my mail to get the rights to sell the fan movie on DVD.

Post #147:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=36971&page=3
#89 Posted: 15:39:41 19/02/2011
Oh that one. Well that's because it was a general question, and it wasn't some annoying Fantard or Loyalist screaming "CHANGE HIS DESIGN NAO!".
#90 Posted: 19:31:24 19/02/2011
Yeah, it wasn't like they would've replied if I did that, and if I did that, my email would go right to the trash bin. smilie Emailing them demanding them to change their direction makes no difference whatsoever.
#91 Posted: 19:32:52 19/02/2011
Yeah, it wasn't like they would've replied if I did that, and if I did that, my email would go right to the trash bin. smilie Emailing them demanding them to change their direction makes no difference whatsoever.

With all the hate emails from Skylanders haters, who wouldn't?
---
#92 Posted: 19:36:14 19/02/2011

With all the hate emails from Skylanders haters, who wouldn't?

^this
#93 Posted: 19:39:38 19/02/2011
Yep.. I doubt they even take the time to read their long, typed out hateful messages. So it's a waste of their time, and if they think it'll make a difference, I think they're most definitely wrong. I bet the instant they see it's negative, they just delete it and it's done.
Jayne_Szarotka Ripto Gems: 522
#94 Posted: 19:44:01 19/02/2011

i know and after all the work they put into it

at least we have a game

i like the sound of this new game

spyro looks cute

and its nice to have a change
#95 Posted: 19:53:22 19/02/2011
Yep.. I doubt they even take the time to read their long, typed out hateful messages. So it's a waste of their time, and if they think it'll make a difference, I think they're most definitely wrong. I bet the instant they see it's negative, they just delete it and it's done.

The moment they see "I HAVE A COMPLAINT!", they toss it in the trash.
Kookie Blue Sparx Gems: 620
#96 Posted: 21:01:16 19/02/2011
I don't think they would give a -insert bad word =3- about what the existing fans thought anyway, they'll just gain new fans, mostly younger children judging by the whole toy idea.
---
DeviantART The Dollars - Ask me ;3!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:31 19/02/2011 by Kookie
#97 Posted: 21:03:54 19/02/2011
They'll probably just ignore the mail that has hate comments about Skylanders..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:13 19/02/2011 by Aura24
#98 Posted: 21:15:39 19/02/2011
What?... is da... dessert that bad a word? -facepalm- I'll change it then.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:18:36 19/02/2011 by Kookie
#99 Posted: 21:19:28 19/02/2011
smilie We all make mistakes.
---
#100 Posted: 21:23:36 19/02/2011
Lol... It's kinda hard for me to remember on this forum, Im used to using worse than that in real life anyway. Hmmm... I forgot what the topic was about... -slaps self-
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me