Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 24 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#1151 Posted: 22:14:51 08/02/2011
Quote: spyro14ever
I just started watching Ren & Stimpy, and it's already my 2nd favorite Nick show ever lol... can it beat SpongBob? Let's see! smilie

Spongebob used to be a great show. The movie was the last good thing Spongebob was a part of. When Hillenburg stepped down as Excecutive Producer, the show died. It's now toxic waste of a show.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1152 Posted: 22:47:03 08/02/2011
I heard it's aimed at a younger audience now?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1153 Posted: 22:50:15 08/02/2011
Seems that way....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1154 Posted: 00:59:09 09/02/2011
Yeah, but at the same time it's basically saying "It's ok to be retarded". I wouldn't let my kid watch something that's promoting stupidity like that.

Imagine a kid that grew up on the new Spongebob at 27 acting like Spongebob....
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1155 Posted: 16:06:39 09/02/2011
The older Spongebob's were somehow aimed at kids yet clever and appropriate for adults... Hell, I caught my Dad laughing at it when I was 7! But now... Eh, they just exagerate how gullible and goofy he is, it doesn't work so well. Like how the Simpsons has died since the Simpsons Movie. Good thing South Park didn't die after their's!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1156 Posted: 16:27:25 09/02/2011
......I still find The Simpsons funny. It's better than Family Guy.
#1157 Posted: 16:31:16 09/02/2011
Meh, a handful of the new ones are funny, but the brand-new ones on Sky from the very newest season... Ergh, just no.
---
#1158 Posted: 16:36:31 09/02/2011
I like them. *shrug*
#1159 Posted: 16:37:44 09/02/2011
Meh, prefered the older ones, but I do agree that it owns Family Guy, still. That show is so overated.
---
#1160 Posted: 16:43:15 09/02/2011
Family Guy can be funny, but it has to rely on making fun of others and using pop culture references. Simpsons doesn't need to do that to be funny.

And a lot of good jokes Family Guy had got killed since they would overuse it, like the "Cool Whip" joke.
#1161 Posted: 16:48:44 09/02/2011
And the whole 'Bird is the Word' joke...
---
#1162 Posted: 16:55:17 09/02/2011
And the joke where Peter fell to the ground and was clutching his knee.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1163 Posted: 17:24:53 09/02/2011
If I'm honest, I don't like either of them.

On the subject of Spyro, does anyone know why TEN wasn't released on Xbox? Was it coming towards the consoles end? smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1164 Posted: 17:42:09 09/02/2011
Odds are they thought about releasing it on the Xbox, but they decided against it.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1165 Posted: 17:42:12 09/02/2011 | Topic Creator
You know, I am actually glad that there are both Old and New Spyro fans out there, including some on youtube, who feel that flame wars are pointless and that they are tired of being forced to like only one side so other fans won't flame them for liking only one side of Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1166 Posted: 17:43:34 09/02/2011
^ Knowing that people out there actually have a brain makes me smile.
#1167 Posted: 17:45:35 09/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
^ Knowing that people out there actually have a brain makes me smile.

Me too. :3 At least they spoke out about the pointless arguments and flaming that seem to tear the Spyro fandom apart.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1168 Posted: 17:47:06 09/02/2011
That's the best part. The fact that they actually said something about rather than keep quiet. I wish I had a camera so I can do the same.
#1169 Posted: 17:49:17 09/02/2011
Odds are they thought about releasing it on the Xbox, but they decided against it.

I guess. I was just wondering, seeing as ANB & DOTD have both been released on some sort of Xbox console.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1170 Posted: 17:54:07 09/02/2011 | Topic Creator
That's the best part. The fact that they actually said something about rather than keep quiet. I wish I had a camera so I can do the same.

"Classic Spyro is best, New Spyro is ugly IMO" or "New Spyro rocks, Classic Spyro's personality sucks" and all that junk some one sided fans say. It's pointless, and it's annoying when it is repeated over and over again.

Fans who still like Spyro, despite the changes, should make their decisions in which part of the franchise they like instead of being forced to. Liking both Spyros make them unique. They have different ideas, that includes of a Spyro game that has qualities and features of both Spyros merging into one, so that both sides of the Spyro franchise can truly enjoy as a whole.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:26 09/02/2011 by Aura24
#1171 Posted: 17:59:13 09/02/2011
I love how this topic just keeps going back to how flamers suck, rather than actual Spyro talk from both series fans. smilie
---
#1172 Posted: 18:01:50 09/02/2011
Because that's the hot topic.

And there's the possibility that an LoS fanboy or a Classic Nazi will see this topic and note the error of their ways.

On second thought, I'm giving them too much credit.
#1173 Posted: 18:43:07 09/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Although some of those fans might get angry at us for talking about them and still arrogantly post here claiming that they're not the bad guys, and only cause arguments amongst ourselves by saying their own beliefs about the small portion of the fandom not wanting to be part of the Spyro side that they grew up with...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:10 09/02/2011 by Aura24
#1174 Posted: 19:02:44 09/02/2011
If they claim that their not the bad guys, then they are blind, and deserve a slap. This is our slap to them. smilie
#1175 Posted: 19:31:46 09/02/2011
Meh, in every fandom, it seems a majority say the "originals are the best". Then there are the ones who prefer whatever new style was established later on in the franchise's life.

For Classic-only fans, it's usually a case of them not being able to let go of nostalgia, or at least being uncomfortable with big change. This is understandable. I have seen many Classic Spyro fans say they don't mind certain things in other games, but when a similar thing is done with Spyro, they don't like it as it alters the formula that all Spyro fans grew up with and loved. Whether a mechanic was done well or not is irrelevant a lot of the time - they just don't want the change. The Sonic fandom is a rich example of this.

For TLoS-only fans, they just think the Classics look a little babyish, or even just a mediocre platformer - and this is understandable. Good boxart goes a long way when promoting a game, and the Insomniac Spyro games didn't have great boxart in terms of what it says about the game, at least for the European boxart. And the boxart for the post Insomniac, pre-LoS games had outright misleading boxart. LoS, on the other hand, really does show off what the game actually is well, with the possible exception of ANB. The Classic Spyro commercials were also rather cheesy in a kiddy way(I like them though), which could easily put people off. And Spyro having the same voiceover as Spongebob might put people off too, provided they knew, but even so, the wacky, cheesy, cartoony voiceovers of Classic Spyro would put people off(again, I personally like the voiceovers in the Classic games).

In a nutshell, Classic Spyro-only fans usually don't like the LoS Spyro or the games in between Insomniac and LoS due to nostalgia. This is expected in any fandom though, especially if the franchise in question started before the 21st century.

TLoS-only fans may not like it because the advertising either made the game look like it was for toddlers, made it look dark but was actually light-hearted(therefore people buy the game and find it's not what they wanted), or it made Spyro look like a mediocre platformer.
---
#1176 Posted: 19:41:12 09/02/2011
If I'm being honest.....
It's mostly just a simple case of 'Like/Dislike'.

Some Classic fans have nostalgia, but many do not - They just simply enjoy light hearted platformers. They don't want dark and epic combat games.
And in contrast to that, LoS fans enjoy epic combat games. They don't want light hearted platformers.

Sometimes, when people say 'If it's Classic/Legend then I won't buy it' I don't think they're being unreasonable. They just don't like that game, simple as.
---
#1177 Posted: 20:24:28 09/02/2011
Yes, but stuff like nostalgia is often the reason Classic fans don't like the game(this is not just in the Spyro fandom). They play other games dark/action games, but think it's not OK for Spyro to try. And even before LoS, a lot of people thought AHT wasn't great because they changed around a few things and expanded on the formula. These are nostalgia based opinions, and I hear a lot in the Sonic fandom. Not every Classic fan has them, but a lot of them do. Also, LoS was not TRYING to be like the Classics, so they should expect something different. However, DotD went back to the roots of the franchise in some ways.

On the other hand, LoS-only fans don't like the old games as they either think they are for babies, are a victim of misleading advertising and boxart, or they just played ETD or SoI.....

And I don't think it's unreasonable to not buy the game either. It's your money, you are entitled to spend it as you please....

...BUT, when people say LoS is bad or mediocre, they are being unreasonable....why? Because they mistake "not their thing" for "bad". As far as action games go, LoS is very unique, especially in terms of gameplay, so it can't be called mediocre, and they do have a lot of variety. It really annoys me when people say the games are "one big corridor", especially since the stages in the Classics were linear more often than not, which makes the "one big corridor" argument invalid when bashing LoS.

But it is also unreasonable to say the Classics are "bad" just because they are "babyish".
---
#1178 Posted: 20:41:55 09/02/2011
But some people simply bash LoS because of it's poor write-up; my brother, who's a film and game snob, won't touch them because of the bad reviews. Despite what I tell him, he won't lay eyes on them- he just thinks they can't possibly be good if they have mediocre reviews. So what if they don't bring thousands of new styles and ideas to the world of gaming? They still do their job in entertainment, do they not?

But, honestly, he respects the originals for their own positive reviews and new elements to the gaming world, so if the trolls are anything like my brother, I can understand why they would do the same. I still think you should always take someone else's opinion with a pinch of salt, though; despite what a review may say, you could find yourself disagreeing with it completely.
---
#1179 Posted: 20:44:43 09/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
But some people simply bash LoS because of it's poor write-up; my brother, who's a film and game snob, won't touch them because of the bad reviews. Despite what I tell him, he won't lay eyes on them- he just thinks they can't possibly be good if they have mediocre reviews. So what if they don't bring thousands of new styles and ideas to the world of gaming? They still do their job in entertainment, do they not?

But, honestly, he respects the originals for their own positive reviews and new elements to the gaming world, so if the trolls are anything like my brother, I can understand why they would do the same. I still think you should always take someone else's opinion with a pinch of salt, though; despite what a review may say, you could find yourself disagreeing with it completely.

This.

Sonic Unleashed got reviews that were nearly as bad as Sonic 06, but Sonic Unleashed is miles better than 06.
---
#1180 Posted: 23:29:01 09/02/2011

I agree.

If I'm honest, I'm tired of complaining about flamers.... We should stop giving them the attention they crave.
---
#1181 Posted: 04:04:28 10/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
And in contrast to that, LoS fans enjoy epic combat games. They don't want light hearted platformers.

Sometimes, when people say 'If it's Classic/Legend then I won't buy it' I don't think they're being unreasonable. They just don't like that game, simple as.

In responce to what I bolded, does that explain why a good set of LoS fans like Mario, which is a light hearted platformer? I think it's simply that they think Classic is babish. I wouldn't blame them, but I would be best if they at least gave the games a shot rather than judging it by the way it looks.

And they are being unreasonable. Rather than wait for screenshots or a trailer, they already assume what the game is like and decide not to play it. Even if I wouldn't like the decision they do, like put Spyro in space, I would still at least rent the game.
#1182 Posted: 04:28:11 10/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, some fans are already spouting, 'This better not be another the Legend of Spyro game! If so, then I am not playing it' or 'I hope this isn't related to the LoS games', and all that junk. When we don't know what Spyro's Kingdom is about, and they're already flaming.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1183 Posted: 06:35:32 10/02/2011

I agree.

If I'm honest, I'm tired of complaining about flamers.... We should stop giving them the attention they crave.

I agree with this 100%. The constant complaining of the flamers is getting a little bit annoying now. I hate them and all, but I feel that we should talk about something else.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#1184 Posted: 11:46:28 10/02/2011

In responce to what I bolded, does that explain why a good set of LoS fans like Mario, which is a light hearted platformer? I think it's simply that they think Classic is babish. I wouldn't blame them, but I would be best if they at least gave the games a shot rather than judging it by the way it looks.

And they are being unreasonable. Rather than wait for screenshots or a trailer, they already assume what the game is like and decide not to play it. Even if I wouldn't like the decision they do, like put Spyro in space, I would still at least rent the game.

Maybe. But Mario is a game series all on his own.

And I don't think they are, really. Would you buy a Mario game if you hated Mario? There's nothing wrong with wanting to spend your money on another game you're guaranteed to like.

But seriously, all this whining about how flamers suck.... Can we please change the subject? This post is like a broken record now.... We know they suck, but just sitting around talking about it won't change anything, will it?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:49:59 10/02/2011 by Spyroo
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1185 Posted: 16:28:04 10/02/2011
I like TLoS, and I don't necassarily like epic combat games.. Ehh, I don't really have a 'type' of game I enjoy in particular. I just like what I like.
#1186 Posted: 17:14:14 10/02/2011
^ This. I just like games that I like. Platformers like Ratchet and Clank, olde Spyro and Sonic are awesome as well as action/adventure titles like Okami and DOTD.
---
darkhorus Green Sparx Gems: 265
#1187 Posted: 09:41:06 11/02/2011
Quote: Darby
I like TLoS, and I don't necassarily like epic combat games.. Ehh, I don't really have a 'type' of game I enjoy in particular. I just like what I like.

Yeah that smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1188 Posted: 09:57:14 11/02/2011
My fave type of games are exactly like The Legend of Zelda (nearly typed in 'Spyro' instead of 'Zelda' lol). I like games that have free-roaming, a good amount of fighting, puzzles, good story, and basically everything else that a Zelda game has.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#1189 Posted: 10:55:04 11/02/2011
So...who's a fan of all three? smilie Now that LoS isn't the end-all, be-all of Spyro, I might be able to look more favorably upon it.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#1190 Posted: 11:03:15 11/02/2011
We still aren't 100% sure if it is a reboot. Remember that. smilie

Up until AHT, Spyro had black eyes before his iris dyed the colour of his skin.
#1191 Posted: 11:27:35 11/02/2011
I'm pretty sure it's a reboot, given the character design and what's been said of it so far. Everyone's treating it like it's something new, so there's no point in just trying to shoehorn it in where it's obviously not wanted (because apparently both Classic and LoS fans are having fits over it smilie).
#1192 Posted: 11:28:32 11/02/2011
I know, I just hope it's good.

But I can't say I like it yet. There isn't enough to go by.
#1193 Posted: 11:33:07 11/02/2011
True, true. I'm throwing my support in solely because I like the style and I like what I've heard about the crew working on it. The fact that it's got 95% of the entire Spyro fandom in a total uproar just makes it all the sweeter. smilie
#1194 Posted: 12:15:35 11/02/2011
I have to admit, the shading there is quite nice. And the detail is beautiful.

I can completely see them going into a 3DS! smilie
#1195 Posted: 13:31:58 11/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, some fans are already spouting, 'This better not be another the Legend of Spyro game! If so, then I am not playing it' or 'I hope this isn't related to the LoS games', and all that junk. When we don't know what Spyro's Kingdom is about, and they're already flaming.

Yeah. Now watch people refuse to buy the game because of his design.

Quote: Razz
So...who's a fan of all three? smilie Now that LoS isn't the end-all, be-all of Spyro, I might be able to look more favorably upon it.

*raises hand*

I have only one problem. It'll be strange to walk into a store and buy a toy for the game.

Quote: GamingMaster_76

Look at the character design, and tell me that it isn't a reboot. smilie
#1196 Posted: 13:33:25 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24

Yeah. Now watch people refuse to buy the game because of his design.

Quote: Razz

*raises hand*

I have only one problem. It'll be strange to walk into a store and buy a toy for the game.

Quote: GamingMaster_76

Look at the character design, and tell me that it isn't a reboot. smilie

It is a re-imagining based on the PS1 Original Spyro. Some classic fans wanted a classic spyro game, they got it. But they're only complaining about Spyro's design now.
---
#1197 Posted: 13:36:10 11/02/2011
Exactly! I told you that people would complain about his design.

UGH! I don't like the DotD design of Spyro! CHANGE IT NOW!

Well it's been changed. Stop *****ing about it.

This is EXACTLY like Sonic 4. They wanted a classic Sonic game, they got it, and they complained about his design.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:36:51 11/02/2011 by CAV
#1198 Posted: 13:37:56 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Geez, they should at least be grateful that there's a new game, instead of running their heads to the ground in pain at the sight of the Skylanders Spyro game. It's probably a beta game screenshot while it was in development for all we know..
---
#1199 Posted: 13:51:19 11/02/2011
And more importantly, they should be happy that it's not a part of LoS. But no. They aren't happy until it's a carbon copy of the Classics.

And just like Sonic 4, they are boycotting the game because of looks rather than waiting to play the game. What if the game plays well? What if the toy idea actually works?
darkhorus Green Sparx Gems: 265
#1200 Posted: 16:09:39 11/02/2011
I don't like Spyro's new design either, but I'm willing to give the game as a whole a fair chance. Besides, his look can still change as it's only an early shot and he game's still in development.
First | Previous | Page 24 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me