Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 22 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1051 Posted: 20:40:52 04/02/2011
@SB: My appologies, that was a shot at LOS and it's makers, not you.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1052 Posted: 20:53:16 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: CAV
Both LoS and Classic fans lash out at each other. But now that DotD is almost 3 years behind us, most of the fighting and need for defense has died down, and most LoS fanbrats have either shut themselves up because now they know better, or because they were put in their place and they were too ashamed to stick around. Only a few LoS fanbrats remain around to pick fights, and even still, it's over before you know it.

Classic fans are being much louder. Instead of letting all of the fighting die down and we can hope for SK to be good, they continue to hang on to their thoughts of "if it's not Classic, it's crap". Even here, there are Classic Nazis willing to completely sidestep the game and not even give it the light of day if it follows the LoS template. That's just like how people were refusing to play Sonic 4 just because Sonic had green eyes.

Both sides of the spectrum are to blame for tearing the fandom apart, but with the videos that Aura mentions, and the constant yelling and the "LoS is a piece of crap and you're stupid for liking them", it paints the picture that the Classic fans are currently the ones that are pulling the trigger first.

I don't see how disliking a game that's totally dissimmilar to what you enjoy is like disliking it for a tiny little detal.
Anyway, I thought it was said that those comments (or most of them at least) were said a long while ago. If that is indeed the case, why are we brining them up now, so long after it's passed? Also, if someone won't try a game because it isn't exactly what they like, isn't that thier perogative? Believe me, it is. So, how about we ignore these so called mystical Classic Nazis, block the haters from our YT/DA accouns, and refrain from brining up old fights, and things said on youtube videos around here? After all, no sense in reviving bad blood, and what goes on on YT/DA is not the problem of D.S. or its users.
Sound like a plan?

Even if they say they don't like the game, they'll still play it anyways to find something to complain about what they don't like it about it...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:27 04/02/2011 by Aura24
#1053 Posted: 20:55:56 04/02/2011
I doubt it for some reason. Even if they do, so what? Block em, ignore em, tune em out. You don't have to read everything ppl say about Spyro. If you see a comment from someone you know makes bad comments, just skip it alltogether.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1054 Posted: 20:58:05 04/02/2011
Still, you were calling a series that I like outright stupid, rather than being civil about it, and whats more, you said it right after I explained a point that shouldn't even need to be brought up, and it was nitpicky Classic fans who brought it up too.

I have had Classic fans argue with me and Krome fans(only like ANB and TEN, not DotD) argue with me, and have seen all kinds of Spyro fans say stupid things, so I pretty much am evidence of arguements from all kinds of fans....

And also, I have been hammered with rants from Classic fans when I simply bring up a valid, negative point about the Classic games, not just when I express positive feelings towards LoS.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1055 Posted: 21:00:45 04/02/2011
Fair enough, I have had similar experiences with LOS fans.
P.S. Are we done with this yet?
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1056 Posted: 21:01:52 04/02/2011
I hope my timing's good, and that's over.. Haha smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1057 Posted: 21:02:06 04/02/2011
For a topic for both fans, this is sure filled with a lot of negativity smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1058 Posted: 21:02:32 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Fair enough, I have had similar experiences with LOS fans.
P.S. Are we done with this yet?

If you're done acting defensively, then we're done...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:04:57 04/02/2011 by Aura24
#1059 Posted: 21:05:41 04/02/2011
If people are done bashing Classic fans I'm done.
---
#1060 Posted: 21:06:54 04/02/2011
I hate having to put with people bashing games I like too... ._.

..Okay. So. Anything related to both series?
#1061 Posted: 21:08:52 04/02/2011
OK, then, back to positive....here's an idea for Spyro that I am borrowing from Sonic....

Sonic 06, as terrible as it was, had awesome music.....one track was a remix of a classic tune....and it even had full lyrics!smilie
So, how about they do it for Spyro? I think it would be cool....

Here are the songs I am talking about:

(Posting English version so people can understand it....please excuse the songs erotic nature!smilie)
---
#1062 Posted: 21:10:15 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
No, nothing, Darby. Unless there is a Spyro game with both qualities of the LoS and the Classic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:31 04/02/2011 by Aura24
#1063 Posted: 21:13:35 04/02/2011
@ sonicbrawler - I like the idea of reusing tracks and mixing them, but people didn't seem to like that for DotD. They did an incredible job, imo, mixing the tracks from ANB and TEN to create the soundtrack for the game, but many people disagree. So I'm not sure.

@Aura - But there's not a game.. Unless you mean qualities that both series share.
#1064 Posted: 21:16:52 04/02/2011
I meant like a vocal remix. DotD did not do that, unless Guide You Home is a remix of something!smilie

And I honestly thought ANB was like the Classics in terms of tone, and I thought DotD was like that with gameplay.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#1065 Posted: 21:33:33 04/02/2011

If Classic fans were done picking fights, then I could shut up and I would have no reason to say anything.

I don't know why you continue to think that we're the bad guys for picking on the Classic fans, when we are only stating the obvious. Look on YT, DA, and even here to some extent. You have Classic Nazis insulting the people that like the games, rather than the games themselves. They are starting fights. Then you look at LoS fanbrats. I can only think of a select few that tried to start a fight, and only one was here on DS.

I'm not siding with LoS. Nor am I going against the Classics. I'm just telling it like it is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:26 04/02/2011 by CAV
#1066 Posted: 21:38:49 04/02/2011
I'm not trying to side or pick fights. Both sides argue.

But I don't want to argue about this...let's go back to discussing the games themselves...
---
#1067 Posted: 21:44:29 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator

If Classic fans were done picking fights, then I could shut up and I would have no reason to say anything.

I don't know why you continue to think that we're the bad guys for picking on the Classic fans, when we are only stating the obvious. Look on YT, DA, and even here to some extent. You have Classic Nazis insulting the people that like the games, rather than the games themselves. They are starting fights. Then you look at LoS fanbrats. I can only think of a select few that tried to start a fight, and only one was here on DS.

I'm not siding with LoS. Nor am I going against the Classics. I'm just telling it like it is.

^This. Thank you, CAV. Either you're denying about Classic fans bashing on people who like the LoS, SpyroLUVA, or you just don't see it.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
I'm not trying to side or pick fights. Both sides argue.

But I don't want to argue about this...let's go back to discussing the games themselves...

Yeah, unless someone wants to break the peace here...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:43 04/02/2011 by Aura24
#1068 Posted: 21:49:50 04/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
^This. Thank you, CAV. Either you're denying about Classic fans bashing on people who like the LoS, SpyroLUVA, or you just don't see it.

You're welcome. Frankly, I thought he didn't see it. But now it's starting to sound like he's trying to weasel his way out, calling Classic Nazis "mythical". Trust me when I say this SpyroLUVA: If something doesn't exist, I wouldn't be using hard facts to defend my claim.
#1069 Posted: 21:50:52 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
SpyroLUVA's a she by the way. X3

Classic Spyro fans "mythical"? That's kind of strange...
---
#1070 Posted: 21:53:18 04/02/2011

I could of sworn you were a guy, Spyro_LUVA!smilie
I thought you're YouTube account said it or something!smilie
Sorry about that! I actually thought you were a girl at first!smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:03 04/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#1071 Posted: 21:56:34 04/02/2011

How many more times am I gonna mistake a girl for a guy. I mean, "LUVA" is feminine, but I could've swore that she was a guy.

Not Classic fans. Classic fans are normal people that don't like LoS. We're talking about Classic Nazis, the ones that claim that LoS is the worst thing on the planet and that you're retarded for liking it. They are also the people you are talking about when you said that they won't play SK if it has an LoS vibe to it.
#1072 Posted: 21:59:07 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator

How many more times am I gonna mistake a girl for a guy. I mean, "LUVA" is feminine, but I could've swore that she was a guy.

Not Classic fans. Classic fans are normal people that don't like LoS. We're talking about Classic Nazis, the ones that claim that LoS is the worst thing on the planet and that you're retarded for liking it. They are also the people you are talking about when you said that they won't play SK if it has an LoS vibe to it.

Oh those fans...
---
#1073 Posted: 22:02:33 04/02/2011
I wonder if the Classic Nazis will go as extreme has hardcore Nintendo fans and Sonic haters did when Sonic was announced in Brawl....
---
#1074 Posted: 22:23:37 04/02/2011
I wonder if the Classic Nazis will go as extreme has hardcore Nintendo fans and Sonic haters did when Sonic was announced in Brawl....

Odds are they will be as extreme as the hardcore old Sonic fans that didn't want to play Sonic 4 because of green eyes and homing attacks.
#1075 Posted: 22:25:31 04/02/2011
But these people who didn't like Sonic in Brawl were saying stuff like "I will smash my N64" or "I will kill myself"....

I LOVE rading silly stuff like that!smilie
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1076 Posted: 22:26:13 04/02/2011

Odds are they will be as extreme as the hardcore old Sonic fans that didn't want to play Sonic 4 because of green eyes and homing attacks.

Yeah, but would you really play a Spyro game if they changed Spyro's eyes blue and added a new attack? PSHAW.

smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1077 Posted: 22:29:06 04/02/2011
Well, I consider the complaints Krome Cynder fans make just as bad, if not worse, than the Sonic 4 stuff, simply because Cynder isn't even the lead character!smilie
---
#1078 Posted: 22:29:57 04/02/2011
At first I thought you were serious! smilie

lol, stupid AV turned Spyro's eye color a slightly different color.. I hate Spyro now >:I smilie
#1079 Posted: 22:30:29 04/02/2011 | Topic Creator
You mean SOME Krome Cynder fans, Sonicbrawler..
---
#1080 Posted: 22:31:37 04/02/2011
Yeah, Spyro used to have black eyes....HE SHOULDN'T HAVE PURPLE EYEZZZ!!!! *starts screaming and bashing keyboard*
---
#1081 Posted: 22:44:43 04/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
Yeah, but would you really play a Spyro game if they changed Spyro's eyes blue and added a new attack? PSHAW.

smilie

I would still play it. smilie

Well, I consider the complaints Krome Cynder fans make just as bad, if not worse, than the Sonic 4 stuff, simply because Cynder isn't even the lead character!smilie

Nah. Green eyes is the worse arguement. At least with Cynder I see what they're getting at with the purple and all. Even though it doesn't effect gameplay and it's a flawed arguement, at least it has a sense of logic. Green eyes is beyond nitpicking, and only deserves to be laughed at.
#1082 Posted: 22:55:03 04/02/2011
@Aura24: That's what I meant. I don't think all Krome Cynder fans are bad.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1083 Posted: 05:13:14 05/02/2011
Has the fight ended? >_>

Although, I am a little sick of the classic fans bashing in this topic. Not once have I seen the TLOS fans get bashed, yet they're just as bad.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#1084 Posted: 05:15:32 05/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Has the fight ended? smilie

Although, I am a little sick of the classic fans bashing in this topic. Not once have I seen the TLOS fans get bashed, yet they're just as bad.

When this topic is obviously a both Old and New Spyro fan-only topic, they'll still post here, but will only get shunned.
---
#1085 Posted: 06:00:07 05/02/2011
Wait.... wut?

Just to let you know, I'm not saying that just because I'm a classic fan. If I was a TLOS fan, I would be saying the same thing. In this topic, the classics in general seem to get shunned even though this is a both series thread.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:05:22 05/02/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#1086 Posted: 06:08:30 05/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Because they support only one side of Spyro instead of both?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:10:38 05/02/2011 by Aura24
#1087 Posted: 06:22:09 05/02/2011
Has the fight ended? smilie

You must've missed the arguements where we state how both sides are to blame. But you want the LoS fanbrats to be bashed? Ok then:

LoS fanbrats tend to be immature little kids that never played the Classic Spyro games but assume that they suck since they are light hearted. It's a shame that they won't even give the games a shot, and they do themselves a great injustice.

They also yell and wish death upon people that don't agree with them that LoS is the "GRETIST EVAR!", and won't accept the opinions of others. These fanbrats have driven away many people from the fandom and has generalized the Spyro fandom as "screaming little girls and pervs".

They start fights by yelling at someone and insulting people that don't agree that LoS is fantastic. These fights happen usually on DA. One certain person here on DS tried to start a fight. When that failed, they claimed that they were doing it for "observations". They tend to try to weasel out of situations when they know they are to blame or they are wrong.

They are little kids that don't know any better, and instead of try to learn and make themselves better, they delude themselves into thinking that they are right and that LoS is the greatest thing since the discovery of fire.

HOWEVER. There is a reason why you've seen us bash the Classic fans more than the LoS fanbrats:

The end of LoS was almost 3 years ago. It's behind us now, and for the most part fights are done. By now most LoS fanbrats have shut up because they've been put to their place, or they've moved on and are playing other games. Classic Nazis don't seem to let that go, and instead continue to hang on to this feud, as if it's their life support system.

Both sides start fights, but since most fanbrats are in hiding, it's become fairly obvious that Classic Nazis are the ones starting most of the fights nowadays, and are now even going to boycott SK if it follows the LoS template, which it most likely will.

Happy now?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1088 Posted: 09:18:15 05/02/2011
Meh, I wouldn't say there's much of a problem with LoS fans anymore- it's been so long since we've had any new games come out that they've moved on to things like CoD and Halo... My friend used to love LoS, but now he thinks 'it's like NOTTT COOOOLLL anymoar!!11'.

Oh, and CAV, you hypocrite, calling LoS fans perves smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#1089 Posted: 09:22:47 05/02/2011
To be honest, Spyro is still the same purple dragon we know and love. We are all Spyro fans together. It doesn't matter if it's either Classic or LoS, it's still Spyro. I know there are major changes, new characters, completely different story, etc. but it's still Spyro. And that's all that matters. smilie I understand that Classic fans may hate LoS, and LoS fans may hate the Classics, but it's still the same purple dragon.

I dunno if this makes sense or not, but I'd thought I might just say it...and please don't kill me. smilie
---
N/A
#1090 Posted: 09:59:29 05/02/2011
Has the fight ended? >_>

You must've missed the arguements where we state how both sides are to blame. But you want the LoS fanbrats to be bashed? Ok then:

LoS fanbrats tend to be immature little kids that never played the Classic Spyro games but assume that they suck since they are light hearted. It's a shame that they won't even give the games a shot, and they do themselves a great injustice.

They also yell and wish death upon people that don't agree with them that LoS is the "GRETIST EVAR!", and won't accept the opinions of others. These fanbrats have driven away many people from the fandom and has generalized the Spyro fandom as "screaming little girls and pervs".

They start fights by yelling at someone and insulting people that don't agree that LoS is fantastic. These fights happen usually on DA. One certain person here on DS tried to start a fight. When that failed, they claimed that they were doing it for "observations". They tend to try to weasel out of situations when they know they are to blame or they are wrong.

They are little kids that don't know any better, and instead of try to learn and make themselves better, they delude themselves into thinking that they are right and that LoS is the greatest thing since the discovery of fire.

HOWEVER. There is a reason why you've seen us bash the Classic fans more than the LoS fanbrats:

The end of LoS was almost 3 years ago. It's behind us now, and for the most part fights are done. By now most LoS fanbrats have shut up because they've been put to their place, or they've moved on and are playing other games. Classic Nazis don't seem to let that go, and instead continue to hang on to this feud, as if it's their life support system.

Both sides start fights, but since most fanbrats are in hiding, it's become fairly obvious that Classic Nazis are the ones starting most of the fights nowadays, and are now even going to boycott SK if it follows the LoS template, which it most likely will. It's like extremely hard to talk to a classic fanbrat or a TLOS fanbrat without starting a fight. Not a good experience if you were only 11 at the time and you encounter one of them.

Happy now?

I just wanted them both to get bashed equally, not just one getting all the shun. And I did read your previous post. But like what someone said, I've seen TLOS fans who are saying, "Oh, I hope SK is in the Legend universe." and they won't be quiet about it, same with the classic fans. It's annoying because they both won't shut up about it. It's not a good experience if you were only 11 at the time and you encounter them. Like I said before, usually I would just laugh and toy with them if they start a flame war, but I got really offended when I was 11.

I'm not on any side, but I wish they would both get shunned equally. Is it really that hard? Or better yet, go back to liking both games, because isn't that want this topic is all about?
---
#1091 Posted: 13:40:29 05/02/2011
They do get shunned equally....in the past, LoS fanbrats get a lot of blame....but recently, Classic Nazis have been doing the most damage, which is expected when a new game is announced. It's just like the Sonic fandom.

And I have already made attempts to start discussing the actual games, but people just seem to want to discuss the fandom right now...
---
#1092 Posted: 15:55:42 05/02/2011
For the last time CAV and Aura, what does it matter what goes on on YT or DA?! This is Dark Spyro, and bringing up fights that happen there on here is just pointless. And no, I have never seen a Classic Nazi, not one.
Now, can we all shut up about YT fights and Classic Nazis and LOS fanbrats and so on??
Fianlly, I have to say that Classic and New Spyro are not the same. Some of the characters share the same names and look similar but beond that, they're not alike.
Classic's tone is light and easy going, LOS' is dark and serious
Classic's style is colorful and fairytale ish, LOS' is again dark
Classic's music is upbeat and composed of synth voices, LOS' is like a movie soundtrack and made of choir and orchestration.
Classic's gameplay is platforming, free roam and scavenger hunting, LOS' is button mash combat and mostly linear.
Classic Spyro is confident and happy go lucky with a side of wise cracks, LOS Spyro is quiet a little unsure of himself and always doe s as he's told.
*IMO.
---
#1093 Posted: 16:18:22 05/02/2011
Wait, you wanted them to get bashed equally!? Uhh, okay, so since the classics are apparently 'bashed' all the time, you've gotta bash TLoS so they're even? smilie
#1094 Posted: 16:28:57 05/02/2011
Here's what I think of them(not starting an argument, just saying this as it is on-topic):

Classic's are light hearted with serious elements; LoS is dark with humuorous moments(except ANB, which was mostly light-hearted)
Classics art style is like a Mario game; ANB/TEN has a cartoony art style based off the one in AHT, while DotD has a semi-realistic style
Classic music is upbeat and makes you want to dance; LoS is more calm or boomy(depends on scenario) and is more cinematic, and fills you with emotion
Classic's gameplay is platforming, adventuring, collect-a-thon, and is semi-free roam. It is also objective based from Spyro 2 onward; LoS is action, platforming, puzzle-based, combo-based fighter and semi-linear. DotD is semi-free roam and is objective based too.
Classic Spyro is basically a less intruiging Sonic(but still a good character); LoS Spyro is similar to Classic Spyro in ANB, only less "in your face". In TEN, he is still similar, but is showing maturity and is starting to question things. Basically, he's becoming more independent, and is hitting puberty, so to speak. In DotD, his experiences in the past have hardened him into a more mature character, and he is very warrior-like, throwing himself into battle without fear, and thinks more strategically in battle. But he has a soft side, which Cynder brings out.

Just my two cents.
---
darkhorus Green Sparx Gems: 265
#1095 Posted: 16:37:03 05/02/2011
This is my opinion,

I like the Classic Spyro games better than TLoS games, for playing, cuz they have a simply fantastic gameplay. The Legend series on the other end, I like better for writing Fanfiction, cuz they have an actual (strong) story, which the Classic games lack.

So Classic games is for playing cuz of the great gameplay, and LoS is for writing Fanfiction, cuz of the great story value. However, I also play LoS games, it's not bad at all, the gameplay is also great, but the Classics' gameplay is just a liiiiiiiittle more enjoyable, imo. I woyld never write Fanfiction for Classic Spyro though, as the Classic series have no story to work with, however I could probably make up a good story for it if I will.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:44 05/02/2011 by darkhorus
#1096 Posted: 16:44:38 05/02/2011
I made a Classic Spyro fanfic, though I'm not very fond of it.....
Everyone else seems to love it though..... ._.
---
#1097 Posted: 16:47:18 05/02/2011
I didn't say it's impossible to write good fanfiction about the classic games, I just said it's more difficult than writing for the Legend series cuz it's much lower on story material . Anyway, what I said is basically my own opinion, so others may have their own view on this smilie
#1098 Posted: 16:54:22 05/02/2011
I just wish they would make SK like a fusion of the Classic series and the Legend series. Like, the same gameplay as the Classic games (collecting gems and/or other objects, solving various puzzles and minigames along the way, a few central homeworlds with portals over the place through which you can visit other levels and worlds, etc. Just like the original games were), yet with an actual, strong, story (like the Legend series) + the fighting system of DotD, maybe free flight, etc.

So, all good parts of both series combined.
#1099 Posted: 17:33:34 05/02/2011
Quote: darkhorus
This is my opinion,

I like the Classic Spyro games better than TLoS games, for playing, cuz they have a simply fantastic gameplay. The Legend series on the other end, I like better for writing Fanfiction, cuz they have an actual (strong) story, which the Classic games lack.

I actually agree with that. IMO, the story in LOS was poorly thought out and I sometimes like to write fanfictions to fix the problems I see and make LOS go my way. But IMO, Classics are still best all around! Oh man, Classic Spyro gameplay mixed with LOS gameplay plus Classic Spyro tone meets darker LOS-ish story! *drools*
---
#1100 Posted: 17:38:50 05/02/2011
Quote: darkhorus
This is my opinion,

I actually agree with that. IMO, the story in LOS was poorly thought out and I sometimes like to write fanfictions to fix the problems I see and make LOS go my way. But IMO, Classics are still best all around! Oh man, Classic Spyro gameplay mixed with LOS gameplay plus Classic Spyro tone meets darker LOS-ish story! *drools*

If that happened, I would be like ".....Over-complicated much!?smilie"
---
First | Previous | Page 22 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me