Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > is this the end of spyro?
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
is this the end of spyro? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 14:01:36 26/01/2011
Well at least we don't have to worry about Cynder being purple and too skinny again in the next game. A year of looking at our opinions should've been enough for the producers to choose.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#52 Posted: 14:28:08 26/01/2011
If Cynder IS in the new game (which I hope she is, she's my second favorite character, only under Spyro), I hope she looks the way she did in TEN, maybe looking a tad bit older though.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#53 Posted: 14:32:22 26/01/2011
So we're gonna keep complaining about designs even though they don't really mean crap?
#54 Posted: 14:46:36 26/01/2011
Ah! But they do!

Because if you want to see a hot-pink Spyro and a bright white Cynder-hypothetically-for an entire super-long game...wouldn't you fear for your sanity?
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#55 Posted: 14:52:43 26/01/2011
We already had proof that they're is a new Spyro game on the way, but I have a feeling that it will be Spyro's end if the majourity of the fanbase doesn't like it.
And Activison would never cancel it, as long as they know they'll get money out of it.
Activison is no better than Microsoft.
#56 Posted: 15:00:22 26/01/2011
Microsoft?
#57 Posted: 16:16:02 26/01/2011
Quote: ignitusforever
We already had proof that they're is a new Spyro game on the way, but I have a feeling that it will be Spyro's end if the majourity of the fanbase doesn't like it.
And Activison would never cancel it, as long as they know they'll get money out of it.
Activison is no better than Microsoft.

AV is worse than Microsoft. And AV will obviously hype CoD more, and leave Spyro to wadle around. Then they will cancel the games thinking that it wasn't their fault.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#58 Posted: 20:41:20 26/01/2011
Microsoft are money cows, who'll force developers to quit amazing games and copy other's ideas. I personally think the 360 is just a downgraded PS3, with a bigger price considering Live subscription.

Activision are idiots buying a franchise then considering killing it- they haven't even published one flippin' game. *Sigh*
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#59 Posted: 22:09:44 26/01/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Microsoft?

They own Xbox, and if I explained all of the times the Xbox tried to rip off me and my brother, we would be here all day.
@CAV: What's AV?
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4271
#60 Posted: 22:11:49 26/01/2011
Quote: ignitusforever
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Microsoft?

They own Xbox, and if I explained all of the times the Xbox tried to rip off me and my brother, we would be here all day.
@CAV: What's AV?

AV=Activision
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#61 Posted: 22:43:25 26/01/2011
OK, I see people are lying about my opinions...

First, I NEVER said EL was the best Spyro developer. I said "I wouldn't mind them developing the next game", not "OMG, IF EL DON'T MAKE IT I'LL KILL MAHSELF!!!!1111!!!!!111!!"

Second, this doesn't necessarily mean designs will change. I have seen many games been passed from developer to developer, and the design stays similar. But TBH, I couldn't careless right now. I don't even know what the game is about. If it is LoS, I think teen design is better. Why? Because if Spyro and Cynder are bigger, they are physically capable of more, ergo, the player has more abilities at their disposal. But again, I don't really care, at least not right now.

Thirdly, you do realise I mainly care about the gameplay? Design and art direction is tertiary to the experience to me. And I care about music more than the art direction too. Yes, I am fond of Cynder's Teen design, but I'm fond of the others too, so....yeah......

And fourthly, I have LBP2....I have plans to make my own Spyro game..... so if I don't like SK, I can make a Spyro game I like more!smilie

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to listening to fan-made Sonic music remixes....Good day to you all!
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#62 Posted: 00:34:18 27/01/2011
I hope you're not aiming that at me.. I only said you'll be disappointed as a joke
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#63 Posted: 01:17:05 27/01/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
Microsoft are money cows, who'll force developers to quit amazing games and copy other's ideas. I personally think the 360 is just a downgraded PS3, with a bigger price considering Live subscription.

Activision are idiots buying a franchise then considering killing it- they haven't even published one flippin' game. *Sigh*

Okay, thwre is NO proof that they are thinking of cancelling the game. If AV has any marketing sense they'll hype Spyro a bunch to so they can make him popular again and thereby warrant more sequels which will get them more money. Or at least to try and earn back what they spent making SK. No, cancelling SK would be an idiot move from a marketing and profit POV; if they did that they would just loose a bunch of money and time having already hired people and worked on the game for two years.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#64 Posted: 02:19:11 27/01/2011
Quote: Aura24
A year of looking at our opinions should've been enough for the producers to choose.

If that was the case, then they would make even more skinny, since the Cyndorks have outnumbered those whom don't like the design.

And I'mma keep sticking to my opinion in which I say "Who cares?" about the DotD designs. Honestly, I find it pointless to bicker about that.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
First, I NEVER said EL was the best Spyro developer. I said "I wouldn't mind them developing the next game", not "OMG, IF EL DON'T MAKE IT I'LL KILL MAHSELF!!!!1111!!!!!111!!"

Thirdly, you do realise I mainly care about the gameplay? Design and art direction is tertiary to the experience to me. And I care about music more than the art direction too. Yes, I am fond of Cynder's Teen design, but I'm fond of the others too, so....yeah......
!

.........what did you guys do to him?

Anyway, I'll comment on these pieces.

I would mind EL making the game, but not because of designs that don't change the game at all. I'd be worried that they'll change nothing from DotD, and not improve. That's what I'd care about.

And for the most part, everybody cares about gameplay, with the exceptions of people that are nuts (Sonic fanboys). So I find it rather strange to think that he would only care about designs and not the gameplay.

Quote:
Yeah, since EL is Sonicbrawler's favorite Spyro game developer, and DotD Cynder won't appear in the next game since EL did a "good job" on her.

What exactly told you that EL is his favorite developer? I think it's rather obvious that everyone's favorite Spyro developer is Insomniac, so I gotta ask why you think this.

And your comment on Cynder was harsh, not because I disagree, but because you basically say that Brawler will be disappointed simply because DotD Cynder isn't in the game. How shallow do you think he is? Honestly, answer me that.

Quote:
Last I checked this was worldwide sales.

Reach isn't the best selling game of all time. That's Wii Sports. And MW2 has more sales than both Reach and BO to begin with.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:50 27/01/2011 by CAV
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#65 Posted: 02:45:47 27/01/2011
Quote:
I'd be worried that they'll change nothing from DotD, and not improve. That's what I'd care about.

This is why I dislike EL. Not because they(IMO) ruined DoTD, but because they have almost exact copies of engines in all their games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:07 27/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#66 Posted: 02:51:45 27/01/2011
Exactly. To be happy that EL is off just because you don't like the designs is a very invalid excuse.
pokemonka Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#67 Posted: 18:05:09 27/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I hope that the next Spyro will continue the threads of the Tlos ...
---
smilie ,,I would die for you, cross the sky for you...'' smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#68 Posted: 18:16:20 27/01/2011
If it was a classic Spyro game, the game genre would've been Platformer. But it's an Action/ Adventure...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#69 Posted: 19:33:17 27/01/2011
I don't know.... Gamefaqs even lists DotD as Platformer. So there's still a chance for classic yet.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#70 Posted: 20:40:55 27/01/2011
I want it to either continue from A Hero's Tail, and no, I don't mean that stupid Shadow Legacy game.
Re-boot the series, and try and actually make something that is different, instead of just having enemies thrown at you.
I wouldn't mind if it a TLoS game, but they need to change the gameplay, otherwise I can't be arsed.
#71 Posted: 21:40:12 27/01/2011
GIMME SOMETHING TO LOVE ACTI!!! IT"S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I COULD LOVE A SPYRO GAME!
---
#72 Posted: 21:52:35 27/01/2011
I still have love for the Spyro games I have, smilie
#73 Posted: 21:54:54 27/01/2011
Yeah me too, it's just been ages since we've had a new Spyro game that made me feel half as happy to have played it as Epic Mickey did, y'know? the LOS games were good at the time, but just didn't give me the lasting thrill and joy I crave.
---
#74 Posted: 21:55:54 27/01/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Yeah me too, it's just been ages since we've had a new Spyro game that made me feel half as happy to have played it as Epic Mickey did, y'know? the LOS games were good at the time, but just didn't give me the lasting thrill and joy I crave.

Fair enough.

I really doubt that I will like a new Spyro game ever again, lol, I think AHT, will be the last.
#75 Posted: 21:56:45 27/01/2011
I hope that's not the case for me, that'd be so sad. :C
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:00 27/01/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#76 Posted: 21:57:20 27/01/2011

This!

After beating the Legend games the first time around, I was pretty much 'Eh, now what? What game should I play next?' but with Epic Mickey and AHT, I was more 'Aw yeah, AWESOME, gotta play through again to get 100%!'
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#77 Posted: 21:59:30 27/01/2011
If Epic Mickey didn't make you start at the beginning after the defeat of the Blot, it'd be absolute perfection!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:39 27/01/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#78 Posted: 22:00:14 27/01/2011

For me, I wouldn't find it that sad, as I would probably go and re-play some of the other gaming franchises I like, and then I'll come back and re-play the old Spyro games again, so it wouldn't bother me completley, although it would be nice to have a 'Spyro the Dragon Collection' just like the 'Sly Collection'.
#79 Posted: 22:06:12 27/01/2011
Quote: Spyroo

This!

After beating the Legend games the first time around, I was pretty much 'Eh, now what? What game should I play next?' but with Epic Mickey and AHT, I was more 'Aw yeah, AWESOME, gotta play through again to get 100%!'

This is exactly how I feel. I want a game- any game- doesn't matter which one- and as long as it has some GOOD dragons, fun gameplay, and a simple yet deep storyline like the Inso trilogy, I'll be happy enough to call it perfect. The dragons wouldn't matter, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much. And instead of just the same thing you go through each time, different branchings depending on your actions like Epic.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan

For me, I wouldn't find it that sad, as I would probably go and re-play some of the other gaming franchises I like, and then I'll come back and re-play the old Spyro games again, so it wouldn't bother me completley, although it would be nice to have a 'Spyro the Dragon Collection' just like the 'Sly Collection'.

It's called Spyro: Collectors' Edition! But unfortunately... AMERICA...!
#80 Posted: 22:07:44 27/01/2011
No....Epic Mickey isn't perfect....I haven't beaten it, but I'm close enough.....
Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game, but it has a good few flaws, and does suffer from mediocre moments and repetition....
---
#81 Posted: 22:10:38 27/01/2011
No game is perfect, but Epic Mickey kept me coming back for more.

All games have some repitition and flaws, but none that took my enjoyment away severly this time. It's the first game in a long time I've completed and gone straight back for more, even though I have other games waiting!
---
#82 Posted: 22:11:56 27/01/2011
I haven't played it in a while....but there were some things that really annoyed me, and if they make a sequel, they better fix them.
---
#83 Posted: 22:13:15 27/01/2011
Like what? THe battle with the Mad Doctor's robots was annoying as hell but didn't detract from the game in the big picture.
---
#84 Posted: 22:15:34 27/01/2011
I found that part a challenge in a good way. The only time I started thinking 'Get on with it' was going through 'Thru the Mirror' so many times.
---
#85 Posted: 22:17:00 27/01/2011
I know me too.
---
#86 Posted: 22:33:48 27/01/2011
Awkward platforming moments(wasn't rare either, but didn't happen too often)
The combat system wasn't ideal for the amount of enemies that appear in some places. I don't mean it was frustrating, but it got boring holding B or Z to kill/befriend big groups of enemies...
The areas before Mean Street could of been better.
Morality system didn't really feel like a morality system some of the time, more like a split-upgrade system.
Could use less excessive backtracking.
Projector screen sections were not as inventive as I anticipated.
Areas didn't stay painted/unpainted when you left them.

There's probably more, but I can't remember...it's been a while...

I would still give it an 8.5/10 or 9/10. And before anyone trys to say "It's much better than your precious DotD", I would give DotD a 9/10....so don't bother. I'm well aware of who likes which Spyro games now!:S
---
#87 Posted: 22:36:10 27/01/2011
Ciiiil! No one here now is gonna trash you for liking DotD.
---
#88 Posted: 22:37:27 27/01/2011

^This.

Although the painted/unpainted areas not staying the way you left them bugs me too, tbh.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#89 Posted: 22:37:45 27/01/2011
I don't know about this new Spyro game. It seems real and it seems fake at the same time. But, as the others said, if this game fails, I think it will be the end of Spyro. I'd hate to see it, but that is what I believe.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#90 Posted: 22:38:39 27/01/2011
@Spyroo Yeah, I hate when games do that, it just makes them feel somewhat... Unfinished!

Yes, I dislike it, but I'm not going to dislike you for liking it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:06 27/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#91 Posted: 22:41:33 27/01/2011
Same with me. I don't dislike people for believing in God/Jesus so I won't dislike you for liking DotD. smilie
---
I draw stuff.
#92 Posted: 22:46:42 27/01/2011

Well, it's happened to me before...so....

As for the areas not staying how they left them thing, the real problem with that was they didn't inform you. I spent a while painting in Mean Street, only to find it all undone when I returned. At the start, Gus should of said something like "The magic of the paint and thinner wears off when you travel through a projector screen".
---
#93 Posted: 22:47:48 27/01/2011
Yeah, I agree.

.....On the subject of Gus, was it me or
Did they forget about him in the ending?
---
#94 Posted: 22:50:25 27/01/2011
I seen my brother's ending....it wasn't really necessary for him to appear in it, but it would of been nice.....maybe it depends on your individual ending...
---
#95 Posted: 22:52:18 27/01/2011
It was necessary when he's your fave character >: Baww.
---
#96 Posted: 22:53:26 27/01/2011
Again...he MIGHT appear depending on what sort of ending YOU get!smilie

My favourite is either Mickey or Oswald....
---
#97 Posted: 22:54:29 27/01/2011
Nah, I've seen both endings. He's only there in the crowd smilie
---
#98 Posted: 22:56:20 27/01/2011
Wait, there's only two? I thought it changes depending on whether you did/didn't do certain stuff...

E.g Saving or not saving the Animatronic characters, killing/redeeming bosses, etc...
---
#99 Posted: 00:54:56 28/01/2011
Why are you two talking 'bout Disney?
---
I draw stuff.
#100 Posted: 01:03:34 28/01/2011
Epic Mickey is epic. That's why they talk about it.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me