Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Are You A Spyro 'Collector'?
Page 1 of 1
Are You A Spyro 'Collector'? [CLOSED]
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1 Posted: 17:23:26 27/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Say, for example, would you buy the original SOI on GBA or a double-pack with SOI and a Crash game, for instance? Do you steer away from Platinum/ Best Seller's editions or do you just want the game?

I'd have to say that when I was younger I didn't care, but now I want every Japanese release, every booklet and case... Am I crazy? smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 17:33:17 27/01/2011
Yeah, pretty much. I like to pick up 'cheap' copies of the Spyro games that I don't already have when I can.

And naw, I want as much Japanese Spyro merch as I can get. Especially shown here:

I NEED that cap. And that plush. Foward to about 8:30 to see what I mean.
Sadly, not even any Japanese sites have any info on them D:
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#3 Posted: 19:05:52 27/01/2011 | Topic Creator
DAMN. I've never seen that cap before, but... But I want it!! And what was that, anyway? I NEED to go there. And have a picture taken with Spyro. Wow, I'm so uneducated, aren't I? smilie
---
#4 Posted: 19:37:13 27/01/2011
It was an event back in 2000.... I should probably go looking for pics and try and find out more info smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#5 Posted: 19:40:39 27/01/2011
Quote: Spyroo
Yeah, pretty much. I like to pick up 'cheap' copies of the Spyro games that I don't already have when I can.

And naw, I want as much Japanese Spyro merch as I can get. Especially shown here:

omg I want that Spyro costume naow lol smilie!
#6 Posted: 19:47:36 27/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I'd wear it everywhere. EVEN IN THE SHOWER :0

...Then I could try a real-life swimming-in-the-air glitch!

And, damn, if only I were in Japan back in 2000- that would have been my childhood dream, to hug Spyro! Wait... Universal Studios... I already have hugged Spyro. Haha! If only I'd taken a picture smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9329
#7 Posted: 20:35:45 27/01/2011
I wish there was an event like that when I was younger in my area, lol, I would not stop hugging Spyro if I was there.
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#8 Posted: 20:54:08 27/01/2011
I want my spyro!!!! Why! All I want is a pet spyro! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?
---
HOOPLA
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#9 Posted: 20:58:52 27/01/2011
I think it is, Spyro isn't alive in real life, just a fictional character for video games.

But me, I'd want everything of Spyro, even a tiny keyring of him. But I know I won't be able to find one so...
But I really want everything Spyro related, so you can say I'm a collector.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#10 Posted: 21:00:35 27/01/2011
I'm not really a collector, I've got the Classics so I'm happy, but I did collect the first three black label Spyro games again, because I wanted the picture discs, and I thought it would be handy for spares, didn't get the black label versions for the other two, I'm not that bothered.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#11 Posted: 21:14:23 27/01/2011

If you don't know I'm a collector, then, seriously...

I have a whole box filled with the games, three boxes filled with miscellaneous rare stuff, five boxes of plushes, two of those PS1 packs and three 30 inch plushes.
#12 Posted: 21:16:01 27/01/2011
You should post a pic of your collection, I'd love to see it smilie
---
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#13 Posted: 21:17:26 27/01/2011
I'm a huge games collector and have a goal to one day own every game in the series. smilie

Even the ones I don't like... (EtD and TEN)
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:52 27/01/2011 by spyro14ever
#14 Posted: 21:19:21 27/01/2011
I have all of the games, just not on every console smilie
---
#15 Posted: 21:34:09 27/01/2011

I've tried taping a video, but it was too large so it didn't really work out...

I have a liscencing(sp?) sheet like this, but blue and orange:
[User Posted Image]
#16 Posted: 21:35:45 27/01/2011
Ooh, I've seen those before.

On the subject of collecting, I'm hoping SK will have promo posters - Because I know where I can get those from >D
---
#17 Posted: 21:35:56 27/01/2011
Where'd you get all that stuff?
---
I draw stuff.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#18 Posted: 21:38:38 27/01/2011
I can't really collect stuff, as I live in Ireland!:B
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#19 Posted: 21:40:25 27/01/2011
eBay? That's where I get most of my Spyro merch. That and Yahoo!Japan Auctions :3
---
#20 Posted: 21:40:30 27/01/2011

On the subject of collecting, I'm hoping SK will have promo posters - Because I know where I can get those from >D

I can just pay my local gamestore. Or not. They tend to let me have the posters for free. I already have some for Super Mario Galaxy and Layton.

Quote: Bolt
Where'd you get all that stuff?

Most of it on eBay. Apart from the legend games and some preowned Classics, there's no other good place to find it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:03 27/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#21 Posted: 21:41:59 27/01/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

I can just pay my local gamestore. Or not. They tend to let me have the posters for free. I already have some for Super Mario Galaxy and Layton.

Yeah, same here. They know I collect 'em, so they know I won't sell them either.
---
#22 Posted: 21:42:45 27/01/2011
I'm going to ask my mum to get them from eBay. Are there any left?

I got my Spyro plush from those machines where you pick a toy from (know them?). We got him around the neck. Are there any Cynder toys there?
---
I draw stuff.
#23 Posted: 21:44:49 27/01/2011
As far as I know, there are no OFFICIAL Cynder plushes. However, a user from DA can sell you one if you ask them.

The spar of Spyro stuff was early last year, so don't expect to find as much as me!

There might be one sheet left. There are a good-lasting supply of random plushes and some promo display discs.
#24 Posted: 21:47:25 27/01/2011
There's always loads of stuff popping up on eBay. Just keep searching, there's nothing terribly rare (as in, it's rare for me to find something I've never seen on eBay before) from Spyro, except a figure or two that I can think of.

And no Cynder toys. The only official merch of Cynder is a pencil case set smilie
---
#25 Posted: 21:51:00 27/01/2011

[User Posted Image]

That has the word awesome written all over it. LITERALLY, smilie
#26 Posted: 22:07:30 27/01/2011
As far as I know, there are no OFFICIAL Cynder plushes. However, a user from DA can sell you one if you ask them.

The spar of Spyro stuff was early last year, so don't expect to find as much as me!

There might be one sheet left. There are a good-lasting supply of random plushes and some promo display discs.

I'll do that, but I may find the same amount of stuff as you, though I don't see it as important. I have one Spyro toy and I only started to pay attention to it last week (it was under the bed for over a year). My sister wanted to play a game with me with my dragon that I call Cynder, which is purple, has red underbelly, three fins on her head, green eyes and green wings. I haven't played with it now for over 4 days because we stopped playing the game. But I'm going off topic now.

There's always loads of stuff popping up on eBay. Just keep searching, there's nothing terribly rare (as in, it's rare for me to find something I've never seen on eBay before) from Spyro, except a figure or two that I can think of.

And no Cynder toys. The only official merch of Cynder is a pencil case set smilie

I'd want that, I love pencil cases and stuff.
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#27 Posted: 01:39:47 28/01/2011
I used to be a collector. I stopped collecting when SL came out....

I actually don't have that many stuff. I have STD, GTG and YotD, but because they're copied, I can't play them on my PS2. I bought GTG and YotD again later on just so I could play them again. I haven't got STD however, but I'm planing getting it on emulator along with a bunch of games when I'm older. I have a small Spyro toy, and I honestly can't remember how I got it.... I have ETD , DotD and AHT with my other games, but I'm thinking about selling DotD, and AHT is just siting at the very back of my closet. I also have a this miny Spyro game that I got from Mc Donalds.

That's pretty much it. xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#28 Posted: 01:48:49 28/01/2011
Apparently in the UK there were stamps and postcards for SL.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#29 Posted: 01:50:08 28/01/2011
There's nothing in Australia when it comes to Spyro. There wasn't anything even when he was popular back in the day.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#30 Posted: 01:51:47 28/01/2011
I know. It's so sad. :<
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#31 Posted: 02:18:24 28/01/2011
I'm not a Spyro collector. I have only a few games. Besides to buy anything in my country related to Spyro is extremely hard. Only thing i saw was PS3 version DotD
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#32 Posted: 02:22:44 28/01/2011
Hey, could anyone give me a link or tell where I could actually buy the Japanese ps1 Spyro games?
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
#33 Posted: 02:23:57 28/01/2011
Try eBay. I saw them there a couple of times.

Once I even saw a Christmas Crash & Spyro pack...
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#34 Posted: 03:43:53 28/01/2011
I'll tell you when there's Spyro merchandise to buy in this stupid city I live in.
#35 Posted: 16:41:44 28/01/2011 | Topic Creator

Yeah, same here. They know I collect 'em, so they know I won't sell them either.

Wait, so you just say to the guy at the till 'Could I buy that poster in the window?' And they just... let you? Wow, never thought of doing that before!!
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#36 Posted: 17:35:07 28/01/2011

[User Posted Image]

That is epic
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4271
#37 Posted: 17:55:38 28/01/2011

[User Posted Image]

Wow.
#38 Posted: 22:00:52 28/01/2011
There might be one left on eBay for $40.
Quote: TheWereCat

Wait, so you just say to the guy at the till 'Could I buy that poster in the window?' And they just... let you? Wow, never thought of doing that before!!

You ask them if you can have and you'll usually get it after the game is out.

For example, I'll be getting some BW boxes on March 17 or so, after the game is released. Sometimes you can get them straight at launch, though. It just depends on the game and store. Sometimes you can't have them. I saw a wide SMG 2 poster at GAME, but I couldn't have it because over there they hand the posters back to the company of the game.
#39 Posted: 11:39:11 29/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote:
You ask them if you can have and you'll usually get it after the game is out.

For example, I'll be getting some BW boxes on March 17 or so, after the game is released. Sometimes you can get them straight at launch, though. It just depends on the game and store. Sometimes you can't have them. I saw a wide SMG 2 poster at GAME, but I couldn't have it because over there they hand the posters back to the company of the game.

Haha, it never occurred to me that games had promotional posters, too; my Dad collects movie posters, so may'be I can slip a few video game ones in smilie

And that liscening sheet = AWESOME. :3
---
#40 Posted: 16:04:46 29/01/2011
Some companies won't let you take them as a warning - They've seen people sell them on eBay, and because of that are very wary of giving them away.
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#41 Posted: 16:46:29 29/01/2011
I'm kind of a Spyro collecter. I like to buy some of the games on different systems, but that's pretty much it.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#42 Posted: 04:00:16 30/01/2011
im also a collecter as well i collect them all if they on the same console
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
#43 Posted: 11:49:59 30/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Some companies won't let you take them as a warning - They've seen people sell them on eBay, and because of that are very wary of giving them away.

Ah, I'll just have to try the innocent 'please?' look, then! smilie Desperate, but it might work.

And I try to buy a major console copy of a game, and a handheld version of it. Sometimes I get two handheld versions (ANB and attempting to with TEN) or two console versions (DoTD, on Wii and PS3).
---
#44 Posted: 12:40:21 04/02/2011

I must have everything with 'Spyro' written or shown on it there.

I just searched for Japanese Spyro Merchandise on Google, and my site appeared on the second page! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:47:30 04/02/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#45 Posted: 14:57:32 04/02/2011
Are you sure? That cap looks awfully rare. Where did you get it from?
---
#46 Posted: 22:35:16 04/02/2011
I don't have one.

Yeah! smilie http://www.google.com.au/searc...L&start=10&sa=N
The one that says 'My Spyro Collection!' It's quite funny, I didn't actually expect to find it in a Google search.
#47 Posted: 22:44:42 04/02/2011
Ooh, I see now! That's cool smilie

There's so much Spyro merch out there.... But not much of LoS. Shame really. I'd love to get the Crash/Spyro snowboard(?) though smilie
---
#48 Posted: 22:49:01 04/02/2011
Caster Board. I tried contacting Activision through the promotion link on their site, but it's dead, and I'm not surprised I didn't get any reply after 6 months. :<
#49 Posted: 22:50:43 04/02/2011
Aw. That's a shame. Assuming they did go through with it, I guess you could always hope one will show up on eBay?

I wish they'd release more stuff.... Maybe with SK?
---
#50 Posted: 22:54:02 04/02/2011
I hope so. But seeing as the promotion was only released here in Australia and I doubt even 100 managed to be given away, I don't see it happenening, at least for a while. :<
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me