Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Favorite Spyro Scenes [CLOSED]
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#51 Posted: 23:52:50 23/01/2011
Yeah, it was a cute relationship ^-^ just kind of humorous.
I love all of the scenes with Bianca and Hunter
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#52 Posted: 23:58:03 23/01/2011
Quote: Darby
Yeah, it was a cute relationship ^-^ just kind of humorous.
I love all of the scenes with Bianca and Hunter

I wish Insomniac still made Spyro, even if it was only once every five or six years, I know it would be worth the wait, Insomnaic put a lot of effort into their games, it would just be so awesome if one year they did a Spyro game, then the next a Ratchet game, and then the next a Resistance game, then back round again smilie
#53 Posted: 00:07:51 24/01/2011
The only games i've ever played out of that bunch is Spyro, tbh smilie
I'm glad that Sierra picked Spyro up. They brought around something new. BUT, that doesn't change the fact that I miss certain parts of the original series. I miss Bianca, funny Hunter, Shiela, and so on. They were such great characters that shouldn't have been left behind!
#54 Posted: 14:26:46 24/01/2011
The only games i've ever played out of that bunch is Spyro, tbh smilie
I'm glad that Sierra picked Spyro up. They brought around something new. BUT, that doesn't change the fact that I miss certain parts of the original series. I miss Bianca, funny Hunter, Shiela, and so on. They were such great characters that shouldn't have been left behind!

What I've played from Insomniac is the first three Spyro games, the first three Ratchet games and Tools of Destruction, and Resistance 1.

I wish that Spyro was just left alone to be honest, it's not the same, I liked the idea of TLOS at first, but then I realised that after re-play of it, it's nothing special.
#55 Posted: 21:04:25 24/01/2011
So you'd rather have no Spyro at all, than to have Spyro games still continuing? Even if I disliked TLoS, I'd still appreciate the fact someone continued his games and kept him alive. They can still change him so you can like the games in the future (possibly). If he had been left alone, there would be no chance for that.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#56 Posted: 21:10:04 24/01/2011
So you'd rather have no Spyro at all, than to have Spyro games still continuing? Even if I disliked TLoS, I'd still appreciate the fact someone continued his games and kept him alive. They can still change him so you can like the games in the future (possibly). If he had been left alone, there would be no chance for that.

This. Also, you have to think of the legions of fans who want more Spyro too! D:
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#57 Posted: 21:12:43 24/01/2011
I'm half-half on that.

Right now, I'm glad Spyro's continuing. HOWEVER......

If Spyro got to the point where everyone outside the fandom started thinking 'Ugh, another crap game from Spyro' then to be honest, I'd rather he just fade out, for his own good. I like to see things going out on a high note, rather than a low one, if that makes sense.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#58 Posted: 21:15:08 24/01/2011
If I like it, I want it to continue. I couldn't careless what non-fans think, especially seeing as 360s and shooters crowd everyones homes nowadays.
---
#59 Posted: 21:16:57 24/01/2011
No, I mean like, bad reviews from everyone, poor sales, poor gameplay (really poor gameplay, like ETD without being rushed), etc.

Like Bubsy 3D, for instance.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#60 Posted: 21:19:43 24/01/2011
Quote: Spyroo
I'm half-half on that.

Right now, I'm glad Spyro's continuing. HOWEVER......

If Spyro got to the point where everyone outside the fandom started thinking 'Ugh, another crap game from Spyro' then to be honest, I'd rather he just fade out, for his own good. I like to see things going out on a high note, rather than a low one, if that makes sense.

That's true. But aren't there people like that already for everything they sell out there? I know there's people like that for both original and TLoS Spyro, who are fans of neither.
#61 Posted: 21:20:30 24/01/2011
Well, there is always one bad game in a franchise every so often anyway.
---
#62 Posted: 21:21:58 24/01/2011
True. But I really hate it when series are milked to the point of them getting a bad name everywhere. It's like another series I know of - Even the fans began to get tired of the games, and when they stopped releasing them, it was a relief more than anything.
---
#63 Posted: 21:22:12 24/01/2011
Example - EtD.

But even when there's people out there like that, to me it doesn't mean they should quit making games. That's just one person whho has nothing to do with the bunch of fans out there.
#64 Posted: 21:24:38 24/01/2011
Yeah....I don't want a ton of repeats of that Epic Mickey incident...
---
#65 Posted: 21:25:25 24/01/2011
Eeee, what Epic mickey incident?
#66 Posted: 21:32:03 24/01/2011
Basically, the game has a "morality system" in place. The original plan was that Mickey's design would change slightly, depending on how good or bad you were. However, they removed this feature because some people from a focus group didn't like the idea....even though these people didn't plan on getting the game...
---
#67 Posted: 21:33:14 24/01/2011
That's.. well, stupid! smilie Game makers should really take the fan's opinions, if anyone, for the games they're making. They're the ones who'll judge it anyway!
#68 Posted: 21:33:46 24/01/2011
Like I said, that's just me. I also know quite a few people though that would agree with Super.

And that decision with Epic Mickey was just too stupid - It was only one person, not even a group smilie
---
#69 Posted: 21:36:21 24/01/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
If I like it, I want it to continue. I couldn't careless what non-fans think, especially seeing as 360s and shooters crowd everyones homes nowadays.

Dude, you're making it sound like that Spyro is the only gaming franchise that is not a first-person shooter, there are many other titles out there still going, like for example, Ratchet and Clank. I'm actually starting to like nearly all of their games now compared to the Spyro series, all of those games are kind of similar but Insomniac just add a few newer things to them, to make it more interesting, whereas with Spyro, it's just a complete re-boot where it might aswell be just a completly different game and have a completly different dragon in it.

Seriously, I still don't see much point of playing it when it's not supposed to be Spyro.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:51 24/01/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#70 Posted: 21:40:30 24/01/2011
But others do, because they're fans of the new series as well.. It's not all about the orignal series.. Gahh. I don't even know how to say what i'm trying to say.
#71 Posted: 21:41:18 24/01/2011
But others do, because they're fans of the new series as well.. It's not all about the orignal series.. Gahh. I don't even know how to say what i'm trying to say.

I definately know that it's not all about the Original series, it's finished with, and there are endless topics about TLoS, nearly everywhere, so I definately know that, lol.
#72 Posted: 21:43:40 24/01/2011
Haha, well yeah. but that's only because TLoS is what's going on as of now. See, if TLoS was what the Spyro gamews Originally started out as (so if they were the "classics") I doubt anyone would be talking much about them anymore. Instead, we'd be talking about their reboot ("original Spyro") It's kinda hard to imagine though, because it's the opposite way around.
#73 Posted: 21:45:29 24/01/2011
Haha, well yeah. but that's only because TLoS is what's going on as of now. See, if TLoS was what the Spyro gamews Originally started out as (so if they were the "classics") I doubt anyone would be talking much about them anymore. Instead, we'd be talking about their reboot ("original Spyro") It's kinda hard to imagine though, because it's the opposite way around.

That would be weird, but I doubt if it would be able to start Spyro off successfully, since TEN and DOTD didn't hit Platinum/Greatest Hits, like the Classic Spyro games did, unless they got lucky, lol.
#74 Posted: 21:50:14 24/01/2011
Quote:

This wasn't just referring to Spyro. There are many "childish" games that I know of that are overlooked in favour of "mature" ones.
---
#75 Posted: 21:51:31 24/01/2011
Quote:

This wasn't just referring to Spyro. There are many "childish" games that I know of that are overlooked in favour of "mature" ones.

Yep, I agree with you on that part.
darkhorus Green Sparx Gems: 265
#76 Posted: 00:30:52 25/01/2011
No, I mean like, bad reviews from everyone, poor sales, poor gameplay (really poor gameplay, like ETD without being rushed), etc.

ETD poor gameplay? ETD's gameplay is pretty much identical to that of its 3 predecessors; travelling through various worlds accessed through portals in a central homeworld, collecting gems, flaming enemies, completing various minigames/side tasks/puzzles along the way, etc...) The gameplay is pretty much the same as the first 3 games, the only bad things about this game are that the characters are badly animated, and some characters are ugly and poorly designed, and Spyro and even the game in general moves kinda slowly, but gameplay-wise it's almost identical to StD, GtG/RR and YotD.
#77 Posted: 00:39:21 25/01/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Dude, you're making it sound like that Spyro is the only gaming franchise that is not a first-person shooter, there are many other titles out there still going, like for example, Ratchet and Clank. I'm actually starting to like nearly all of their games now compared to the Spyro series, all of those games are kind of similar but Insomniac just add a few newer things to them, to make it more interesting, whereas with Spyro, it's just a complete re-boot where it might aswell be just a completly different game and have a completly different dragon in it.

Seriously, I still don't see much point of playing it when it's not supposed to be Spyro.

Well, it's just that, one shoudln't make a comparison between the Original series and the Legend series, both series must be looked at as 2 different entities, both series being good on their own/in their own way, so don't compare both series with each other, look at them seperately.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:17 25/01/2011 by darkhorus
#78 Posted: 00:49:36 25/01/2011
Quote: darkhorus

ETD poor gameplay? ETD's gameplay is pretty much identical to that of its 3 predecessors; travelling through various worlds accessed through portals in a central homeworld, collecting gems, flaming enemies, completing various minigames/side tasks/puzzles along the way, etc...) The gameplay is pretty much the same as the first 3 games, the only bad things about this game are that the characters are badly animated, and some characters are ugly and poorly designed, and Spyro and even the game in general moves kinda slowly, but gameplay-wise it's almost identical to StD, GtG/RR and YotD.

No, that's not what I meant. It was slower to many, and those which you said. That's what I meant by that.
---
#79 Posted: 01:01:05 25/01/2011

No, that's not what I meant. It was slower to many, and those which you said. That's what I meant by that.

Oh lol sorry for misunderstanding, but I thought you really meant the 'gameplay' since that's the word you used lol
#80 Posted: 03:38:23 25/01/2011

Well, it's just that, one shoudln't make a comparison between the Original series and the Legend series, both series must be looked at as 2 different entities, both series being good on their own/in their own way, so don't compare both series with each other, look at them seperately.

I wasn't comparing them..
It's pointless to compare them, considering they're two completely different series with nothing in common. I like them both for being different in their own way.
#81 Posted: 12:49:14 25/01/2011
Yeah, comparing the Classics and LoS is like comparing 2D Sonic games to Kingdom Hearts!smilie
---
#82 Posted: 12:56:36 25/01/2011

I wasn't comparing them..
It's pointless to compare them, considering they're two completely different series with nothing in common. I like them both for being different in their own way.

I know you weren't comparing them, it's just cuz you said you didn't know how to say what you're trying to say, so I explained it smilie
#83 Posted: 12:57:15 25/01/2011
ohhhhhh
thanks! :3 haha
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me