Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 13 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#601 Posted: 05:23:49 21/12/2010
Actually, if you look at all the scores from TLOS, all three games only scored as high as A Hero's Tail. ANB scored around the same (maybe a little higher), but TEN and DOTD scored lower than AHT. I don't think TLOS did as well as people are claiming.... And I've seen some pretty nasty reviews for DOTD and TEN.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:25:08 21/12/2010 by DarkCynder_543
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#602 Posted: 09:23:01 21/12/2010
@DarkCynder_543: Reviews are not to be trusted nowadays anyway, especially with games like Spyro. Case in point:
Gamespot gave Sonic Unleashed(360/PS3) a lower score than Sonic 06.
IGN gave TEN a lower score than ETD.

As for the Cynder plushie, you also have to worry about the amount of "destroy Cynder plushie" videos that would pop up.
And I was kind of making a joke in the first place!smilie
In all honesty, what other people do to their plushies is their business. I would only care about what I do to it!
Might end up ripping off one of the limbs.....like I did with my Knuckles plushie....and my Spyro plushie....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#603 Posted: 13:08:31 21/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
@DarkCynder_543: Reviews are not to be trusted nowadays anyway, especially with games like Spyro. Case in point:
Gamespot gave Sonic Unleashed(360/PS3) a lower score than Sonic 06.
IGN gave TEN a lower score than ETD.

But you bring them up still.....?

Anyway, to be honest, ETD was more fun than TEN overall. Gamerankings.com has the most appropriate rankings though. I tend to agree with all the average scores games get.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#604 Posted: 13:16:10 21/12/2010
I don't think it really matters on game rankings, if you're going to like the game, then you'll like it, and if not, then you won't, simple as.
#605 Posted: 13:19:44 21/12/2010
Yeah, that is true. I use them sometimes when I'm curious on what a game received, or if I'm considering buying a game that doesn't look too good.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#606 Posted: 13:26:47 21/12/2010
If I'm curious about a game and I'm not sure whether to buy it, I wait between two to three years for the price to go down, then I'll buy it, so then I won't be really upset if I find that I hate it.
#607 Posted: 13:29:57 21/12/2010
I brought up reviews as it is they show how well the game was received. Doesn't mean I agree with them though. Reviewers are people with opinions, just like you and me. Most reviewers don't even do their job like a professional any more. Instead, they go into a fanboy rant a lot of the time. Reviewers say AHT was mediocre, I say it was awesome!smilie

Also, back in the days of Classic Spyro, reviewers were a hell of a lot less biased, and were actually trustworthy IMO. Nowadays, it's only shooters, Mario games, stuff like Guitar Hero and indie games that get 9s and 10s. (In general, that is)

How I decide to get a game? If it's part of a series I'm into, I am immediatly interested. Otherwise, I just find out about the game's concept. Also, I will occasionally get a game at random!smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:09:29 21/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#608 Posted: 16:39:06 21/12/2010
Critics have their opinions. You do as well. Don't always listen to the critics, because then you become a mindless robot that only plays shooters because that's what the critics give good reviews for. You have your own mind. If you want to try out a game even though everybody says it sucks, then do so. That's how I tried out Sonic 06. I heard the bad reviews, but I still wanted to try it. It's also how I tried out Timeshift. It had lackluster reviews, but I tried it, and I think it's good.

When it comes to average reviews, I tend to follow Metacritic.

As for the Cynder plushie, you also have to worry about the amount of "destroy Cynder plushie" videos that would pop up.
And I was kind of making a joke in the first place!smilie
In all honesty, what other people do to their plushies is their business. I would only care about what I do to it!
Might end up ripping off one of the limbs.....like I did with my Knuckles plushie....and my Spyro plushie....

Not really a "destroy Cynder plushie" video, since those exist for all plushies. If I had a nickel for every Spongebob plushie that was destroyed. I was talking more along the lines of what the furries would do to it, which would indeed frighten you...

If I got a Cynder plushie, I would treat it like a plushie. Place it somewhere, toss it up and catch it, throw it around. Everything that a normal person would do to a plushie.

My Knuckles plushie is still intact. Granted it's old, but still intact.

And I wish I had a Spyro plushie. Let me check Amazon.

Quote: Spyroo
Anyway, to be honest, ETD was more fun than TEN overall.

I highly disagree. TEN was hard, and you would get cheap deaths due to some camera and gameplay issues, but ETD was unplayable because of all the glitches and other problems it had.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:40:22 21/12/2010 by CAV
#609 Posted: 16:44:33 21/12/2010
Nah, stuff that furries do doesn't frighten me at all. They do what they do, I do what I do.

I would throw it up at the fan light in my bathroom and then she would be sent flying!!!smilie

My one lost a leg! The Tails one is fine though!

TEN was hard, but the good kind of hard. There were one or two annoying bugs though.
---
#610 Posted: 17:20:43 21/12/2010
Quote: CAV

Anyway, to be honest, ETD was more fun than TEN overall.

I highly disagree. TEN was hard, and you would get cheap deaths due to some camera and gameplay issues, but ETD was unplayable because of all the glitches and other problems it had.

TEN wasn't hard, or maybe I'm just better at games than I thought.

I only had glitches on ETD on my PS2 copy, my GC copy is very good, with only minor glitches occurring. In fact, I've had more glitches on DotD than ETD on GC.
---
#611 Posted: 17:30:59 21/12/2010
I found TEN that hardest game I have ever played.
#612 Posted: 17:31:09 21/12/2010
Nah, stuff that furries do doesn't frighten me at all. They do what they do, I do what I do.

I would throw it up at the fan light in my bathroom and then she would be sent flying!!!smilie

My one lost a leg! The Tails one is fine though!

TEN was hard, but the good kind of hard. There were one or two annoying bugs though.

It's not really frightining more than it is just plain creepy. But I like your approach.

If your lucky she'll fly better than she did in DotD.

I just have Knuckles. And my brother has a couple of pokemon plushies.

Yeah it was. It was a nice challenge, but those few bugs made some moments more aggrivating than they needed to be.

TEN wasn't hard, or maybe I'm just better at games than I thought.

I only had glitches on ETD on my PS2 copy, my GC copy is very good, with only minor glitches occurring. In fact, I've had more glitches on DotD than ETD on GC.

It was really just some bugs that made it hard.

I also tried the GC version, and I still found it pretty bad. PS2 obviously takes the cake though with all the glitches and long loading times.
#613 Posted: 17:33:36 21/12/2010
Yeah, there were a couple of cheap deaths where I thought 'wtf' in TEN. But with bosses and the like, once you see their pattern, it's just like any other game (to me, anyway).

It's not the best even on GC, and I do still agree TEN should receive a higher mark than it, I just happen to enjoy ETD, despite the huge amount of flaws in the game.
---
#614 Posted: 17:39:06 21/12/2010
Yeah, like that god forsaken ship thingy.

The big reason why TEN got a lower mark is because of the harsh review IGN gave it, which I find rather strange when they gave both ANB and DotD around a 7, while giving TEN a 3. What was the huge difference that made TEN so much worse than the other two? I read the review, and I still don't get it. TEN is simply a harder version of ANB. Sure I think TEN was the weakest link of LoS, but it wasn't as bad as a 3/10. I think Spyro Orange/Fusion would deserve that score, and barely.

I couldn't play ETD. I was only able to get about 30 dragonflies before I had enough and gave it the Official CAV Stamp of Crap-attude.
#615 Posted: 18:27:00 21/12/2010
IGN in my opinion over-rate the wrong games, and under-rate the right games.
#616 Posted: 18:32:14 21/12/2010
Yeah, I don't like IGN reviews either.
---
#617 Posted: 18:40:37 21/12/2010
I follow all kinds of reviewers. I feel as though IGN is best for gaming news, not reviews. All critics make their mistakes and give a game a silly rating. I feel as though the best reviewers is Gamespot and X-Play to an extent, and even they mess up.

The worst reviewer is Game Informer. Once again, they are only good when it comes to news and previews.
#618 Posted: 20:55:59 21/12/2010
I don't have any favourite reviewer. The reviews Sonic Unleashed on the 360 got nailed the coffin in my trust with reviewers. I actually find "user reviews" the most reliable.

Also, IGN are absolutly terrible at reviews. They docked marks off Sonic 4 for "the final level was too difficult" and "no co-op". Then in their Sonic Colours review, co-op wasn't good enough for them.

Their review for TEN was just stupid. At one point, they said the story was bad, and then later on the reviewer said that the only reason they completed it was to see how the story finished....
---
#619 Posted: 21:08:00 21/12/2010
IGN (like all critics) is hit and miss. They get it right with some games, and completely miss others. But some critics miss more than they hit (IGN and Game Informer).

Gamespot gave Sonic Unleashed a 3/10 for the 360 and PS3 ports, and a 7/10 for the Wii.

But they did get the hang of the cheap deaths piece, saying how they got used to a dragon yelling as he falls to his death. I always wondered about that, which is why I always wanted a flight mechanic in the games. I saw that DotD had that, and I jumped around like a kid whom had one too many pixie sticks.

You're a cool guy Sonicbrawler.
#620 Posted: 21:30:24 21/12/2010
Lolwut. Did my post bring up a conversation about reviews? xD

Honestly, I think I AM the only one who liked ETD.... Who cares about glitches, seriously, just enjoy the actual game. My version is pretty good, and it's the PS2 copy. Ether my version is just good, or people are underrating the game. :\

The loading times only go on for about 20 seconds. I've not once countered a glitch that froze my game, and only a few areas are glitchy. I know it hasn't been finished, so I don't go hitting it down because of the glitches, which aren't even that bad. To me, people just don't have the patience to wait about 20 seconds for the loading screen. People are overreacting, full stop.
---
#621 Posted: 21:32:25 21/12/2010
I agree. I just follow my own personal tastes. Also, if I don't get bored while watching a gameplay video, then that's a great sign(if it's fun to watch, then there is a 99% chance it's fun to play). Partly why I got DotD.

I know....less than 06...Sonic 0 Mutha Flippin 6......

I didn't get any cheap deaths platforming wise(as far as I can remember), but I had some in fights. There was an irritating glitch that killed me a few times where I used the move where Spyro pushes the enemy after an air juggle and the game goes into slow motion. I use it to knock enemies off ledges, but occasionally, Spyro decides to follow the enemy during the move, like he's using Sonic's homing attack!smilie

Really? Thanks!smilie

@Dark Cynder: I think ETD is a 50-60% game(I haven't played it in ages though).
In other words, it's not a pile of crap. But it's not that great either. Even if you look past the glitches, the level design is just bland, too many parts where you just walk. And the loading times, on average, are 58 seconds on the PS2 version. I seen a couple of YouTube videos of the game recently, and there are some pretty bad glitches. At least the game looks good(except for some awfully disfigured characters).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:14 21/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#622 Posted: 22:44:40 21/12/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Honestly, I think I AM the only one who liked ETD.... Who cares about glitches, seriously, just enjoy the actual game.

I agree with you. But the glitches render the game unplayable for me, and it isn't enjoyable.

I didn't get any cheap deaths platforming wise(as far as I can remember), but I had some in fights.

Really? Thanks!smilie

Most of my deaths came from being surrounded by several people and getting hit every time I recover from the previous one. But there have been times where a random bug kills me, or the camera acts stupid and I fall off an easy ledge.

I added you as a friend. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:05 21/12/2010 by CAV
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#623 Posted: 03:32:06 22/12/2010
my deaths were completely irrational, random, fast paced, and fun to watch
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:32:27 22/12/2010 by waytodawn96
#624 Posted: 09:16:30 22/12/2010
I've only completed ETD once, and I can't be arsed to play it ever again.
#625 Posted: 09:18:17 22/12/2010
Yeah, that tends to happen in a lot of fighting games like this.

Cool! I'll add you!smilie
---
#626 Posted: 11:12:30 22/12/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Lolwut. Did my post bring up a conversation about reviews? xD

Honestly, I think I AM the only one who liked ETD.... Who cares about glitches, seriously, just enjoy the actual game. My version is pretty good, and it's the PS2 copy. Ether my version is just good, or people are underrating the game. smilie

The loading times only go on for about 20 seconds. I've not once countered a glitch that froze my game, and only a few areas are glitchy. I know it hasn't been finished, so I don't go hitting it down because of the glitches, which aren't even that bad. To me, people just don't have the patience to wait about 20 seconds for the loading screen. People are overreacting, full stop.

I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't the best, but I do feel that sometimes people exaggerate. Although PS2 is veeeery long loading times, compared to GC smilie

Tru fax - I have encountered more glitches on DotD than I have ETD. Both games have frozen up on me once.
---
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#627 Posted: 22:58:59 22/12/2010
I'm a HUGE fan of the original series and a so/so fan of the newer ones (don't love 'em don't hate em).

So I guess this is a good topic for me. smilie
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#628 Posted: 23:04:33 22/12/2010 | Topic Creator
If you like both series of Spyro, then yes, this IS the right topic for you. ;3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#629 Posted: 02:48:27 23/12/2010
Tru fax - I have encountered more glitches on DotD than I have ETD. Both games have frozen up on me once.

I didn't. While DotD had glitches, ETD had many more, and it's one of the only 2 games to have ever frozen on me.
#630 Posted: 02:54:32 23/12/2010
Quote: CAV

I didn't. While DotD had glitches, ETD had many more, and it's one of the only 2 games to have ever frozen on me.

Well, for me, it was the other way around. DotD had many more 'annoying' glitches compared to ETD.
---
#631 Posted: 04:08:49 23/12/2010
Well I don't know what is going on. I found many glitches in ETD, and I found them again when I played the game a few days back. And today I play DotD, and I found glitches, but not as many as ETD. And unlike ETD, I did enjoy DotD.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#632 Posted: 04:33:55 23/12/2010
I've heard DotD is very glitchy, but I've only encountered two or three minor glitches. In EtD however, I find it ridiculous how glitchy and slow it is smilie But the glitches entertain me. Sometimes I go back and play it just to experiment with the glitches :3
#633 Posted: 07:59:10 23/12/2010
I agree. I just follow my own personal tastes. Also, if I don't get bored while watching a gameplay video, then that's a great sign(if it's fun to watch, then there is a 99% chance it's fun to play). Partly why I got DotD.

I know....less than 06...Sonic 0 Mutha Flippin 6......

I didn't get any cheap deaths platforming wise(as far as I can remember), but I had some in fights. There was an irritating glitch that killed me a few times where I used the move where Spyro pushes the enemy after an air juggle and the game goes into slow motion. I use it to knock enemies off ledges, but occasionally, Spyro decides to follow the enemy during the move, like he's using Sonic's homing attack!XD

Really? Thanks!:)

@Dark Cynder: I think ETD is a 50-60% game(I haven't played it in ages though).
In other words, it's not a pile of crap. But it's not that great either. Even if you look past the glitches, the level design is just bland, too many parts where you just walk. And the loading times, on average, are 58 seconds on the PS2 version. I seen a couple of YouTube videos of the game recently, and there are some pretty bad glitches. At least the game looks good(except for some awfully disfigured characters).

Remember that ETD was made back in 2002. The PS2 only just started kicking in back then. ETD, to me, has average graphics considering it was made back in 2002.
Just walk? I've found myself jumping heaps of times. AND TOASTING SHEEP. GOTTA LOVE TOASTING SHEEP. There are places in the first three games were you 'just walk', like Stone Hill in STD.
ORLY? My takes about 20 seconds to load, and I have the PS2 version. But it's platinum. Dunno if that makes a difference.
50-60 is still good. It's above the middle.
---
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#634 Posted: 13:53:41 23/12/2010
ETD had a crap load of glitches especially the farther I went into the game. Which was lame because I was playing the superior GameCube version.
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#635 Posted: 16:22:09 23/12/2010
I know there are places like that in the first three, but it was way worse in ETD. And he jumps all floaty anyway. And turns all weird. And charges slowly....

Also, there were other great functional games at the PS2's release. The fact that ETD was simply supposed to be a graphicly enhanced sequel to Spyro 3 makes it look bad that thet managed to screw up basic things.

DotD has it's fair share of glitches, but I have only found two or three annoying ones and they rarely happen, which is nothing in comparison to ETD. Any other glitches are helpful, pointless but funny, or require cheats to perform, and you probably won't find them playing normally, you would only find out if you mucked about. That's how I found my "Cynder's Goin' Up" glitch. Of course, I have the Xbox 360 version, so....
---
#636 Posted: 04:18:13 25/12/2010
Quote: Darby
I've heard DotD is very glitchy, but I've only encountered two or three minor glitches. In EtD however, I find it ridiculous how glitchy and slow it is smilie But the glitches entertain me. Sometimes I go back and play it just to experiment with the glitches :3

Same here. I hear about DotD glitches, but never encounter them. But I have to deal with every ETD glitch under the sun. But they aren't entertaining. They just anger me.
#637 Posted: 19:01:15 29/12/2010
Forgot about this topic!smilie

A lot of DotD glitches I encounter are of the good variety. I can remember encountering a good few annoying glitches in ETD though.
---
#638 Posted: 22:11:52 29/12/2010
I never really encounter any at all. LOL
#639 Posted: 23:42:50 29/12/2010
^Lucky!

I'm always encountering annoying glitches on DotD still. Never gonna forget that time I lost half an hours work thanks to one glitch smilie
---
#640 Posted: 10:13:31 30/12/2010
^Lucky!

I'm always encountering annoying glitches on DotD still. Never gonna forget that time I lost half an hours work thanks to one glitch smilie

Why? What happened?

I remember I used to get a glitch on Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City, sometimes when I completed a mission and I was on my way to the Safe house to save the game, the game would glitch up and freeze, URGH!!!!! Lol.
#641 Posted: 13:19:15 30/12/2010
I had 24 hours worth of play corrupted in my copy of FFIV....
And in Brutal Legend, a glitch happened which made me stuck inside a mountain after I talked to someone. I couldn't get out, so I quit the game. When I went to reload my save, it said "Save Data not found" and a new game started. I went to the save data section of my PS3's XMB, and the data WAS there, but for some reason, the game won't detect it....
Haven't touched either game since......
---
#642 Posted: 14:32:30 30/12/2010
That's nothing.

I lost over 150 hours (!!!!!!) of play on Pokemon Gold alone when the battery died out. I also lost my original Spyro (and PS1) saves a long time ago when the memory card became corrupt..... But I went back to all of them eventually and re-completed them.
---
#643 Posted: 14:50:55 30/12/2010
Yeah, but Pokemon is a cake walk compared to those games!smilie
I also lost tons of playtime in two Pokemon games.
---
#644 Posted: 14:56:24 30/12/2010
I always thought you could replace the battery and your save would still be there. Gah, curse you Nintendo, if I'd known that I would never have transferred my fave Red/Blue Pokes over to it as well smilie
---
#645 Posted: 17:23:56 30/12/2010
Weird. You replace the battery and your save deletes?smilie
---
#646 Posted: 17:36:40 30/12/2010
Yeah, apparently, in those games, the battery is connected to the save file. Pfft smilie
---
#647 Posted: 17:50:12 30/12/2010
That's just a fail!smilie
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#648 Posted: 18:34:06 30/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Guys, are we getting off topic with the DotD scores and whatnot??
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#649 Posted: 19:54:18 30/12/2010
Oh, yeah!smilie
---
Epic7 Red Sparx Gems: 25
#650 Posted: 21:07:35 30/12/2010
I like LoS, but I shouldn't say anything yet. I havent played any classic ones yet. Im getting AHT and its coming (Amazon) today.
---
I got the password to my old account. I am Spyro_987
First | Previous | Page 13 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me