Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 12 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#551 Posted: 21:23:06 19/12/2010
Instead of making portals mandatory level entrances, they could make a big open world, and the portals can be used as a "quick travel" mechanism.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#552 Posted: 21:23:08 19/12/2010
I find it hard to try and think of something new and different for this new Spyro game.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#553 Posted: 21:24:13 19/12/2010
Same here. it's hard for me to imagine different character designs, new characters, different voices. I can't imagine anything different o.o
#554 Posted: 21:25:51 19/12/2010
I reckon you probably could imagine something different, it would just take a lot of thinking about, which could explain the big gap that Spyro is having right now.
#555 Posted: 21:30:24 19/12/2010
I already created what's effectively an essay on my ideas for a TLoS RPG on a topic here.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#556 Posted: 21:31:35 19/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Portals being powered by gems are acceptable solutions.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#557 Posted: 21:36:46 19/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I already created what's effectively an essay on my ideas for a TLoS RPG on a topic here.

I don't like RPG's, it wouldn't approve to me, sorry.
#558 Posted: 21:37:45 19/12/2010 | Topic Creator
The next game might be an RPG, with the Adventure and Starter Packs.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#559 Posted: 21:40:37 19/12/2010
Quote: Aura24
The next game might be an RPG, with the Adventure and Starter Packs.

If it is an RPG, I won't bother with it, lol.
#560 Posted: 21:41:58 19/12/2010
@Aura24: That's what I was thinking.
---
#561 Posted: 21:44:30 19/12/2010
I really hope it's an Action/Adventure not RPG, I'd actually would rather play TLOS than that.
#562 Posted: 21:54:08 19/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Well it has been confirmed it will be an Action/ Adventure game, Super.
---
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#563 Posted: 22:12:22 19/12/2010
just like all the others
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#564 Posted: 23:28:13 19/12/2010
I'm still confused about the packs.

Sometimes I wish that TLOS wasn't a Spyro game, and is a completely different game...

It's not because I prefer the originals, it's just that if it wasn't a Spyro game, then there wouldn't be so much fights going on today...

To me, a Golden Dragon sounds epic.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:57 19/12/2010 by DarkCynder_543
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#565 Posted: 00:51:02 20/12/2010
I've always felt that TLoS would have been a lot better as a separate game. A Golden dragon as the main character? Pfft, just thinking about it sounds amazing. I made the same suggestion elsewhere funny enough.

I'm still holding out for a game that stays true to the original series roots, if I'm honest. Unlikely, but still.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#566 Posted: 01:04:52 20/12/2010
I've had the same exact thought! We wouldn't have these arguments of which series is better, and we would keep to ourselves.
But being a dragon, I think that it would be considered to be a ripoff of Spyro the Dragon. And if there hadn't been TLoS, Spyro wouldn't be here today, he'd be in the past.
#567 Posted: 01:22:23 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, since the producers confirmed it was either the LoS or no more Spyro games. And I figure most of the Spyro community wanted Spyro to die to continue on with the LoS..
---
#568 Posted: 01:23:06 20/12/2010
Yeah, since the producers confirmed it was either the LoS or no more Spyro games. And I figure most of the Spyro community wanted Spyro to die to continue on with the LoS..

When did the producers say that? First I've heard.

If you're referring to the 'scratching the surface' part, that's not what they meant. After all, Activision is taking this game in a 'different direction' - No one knows what they might do.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:31 20/12/2010 by Spyroo
#569 Posted: 01:43:29 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
No no, the producers confirmed that they did the LoS to continue the Spyro franchise in the DotD Gameinformer interview that also confirmed that 'scratching the surface' part. But the interview was deleted.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:46:43 20/12/2010 by Aura24
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#570 Posted: 01:48:21 20/12/2010
Continuing LoS is cool, but the title "Spyro's Kingdom" just screams Classic in my opinion.

But I'll hold my tongue on that one until I see some screenshots.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#571 Posted: 01:59:11 20/12/2010
Agreed. Though seeing as this will probably be a Legend game, I hope it doesn't have so many plotholes!!!
#572 Posted: 02:02:48 20/12/2010
No no, the producers confirmed that they did the LoS to continue the Spyro franchise in the DotD Gameinformer interview that also confirmed that 'scratching the surface' part. But the interview was deleted.

Oh right, misunderstood you, my bad! smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#573 Posted: 02:06:02 20/12/2010
Unlockables unlocking more levels, but you don't need every single collectable to that point. 2/3 collectables, maybe?
#574 Posted: 02:18:39 20/12/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Agreed. Though seeing as this will probably be a Legend game, I hope it doesn't have so many plotholes!!!

The way Activision is when it comes to continuity, I wouldn't be surprised is there are plotholes all over the dang place, which is why I would like it to be Classic or it's own games. It would be great if it's LoS, provided they at least keep the continuity in place.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#575 Posted: 05:40:43 20/12/2010

Really? I never heard about that. is there anywhere I could read that interview?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:41:00 20/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#576 Posted: 05:41:50 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
No sadly, stupid Gameinformer deleted the interview since last year..
---
#577 Posted: 05:46:55 20/12/2010
Gosh, that sucks. oh well, I didn't know about that though. so then I guess with that it's pretty much officially Tlos then?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#578 Posted: 05:48:28 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Who knows? With Activision switching composers, cancelling the Spyro Movie, who knows?
---
#579 Posted: 05:51:21 20/12/2010
Heh, I guess your right. they are pretty much unpredictable, espacially when it comes to Spyro!:p
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#580 Posted: 05:55:42 20/12/2010
Tell me about it. Activision is a mystery...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#581 Posted: 10:24:01 20/12/2010
I think that was a bit of a stupid decision, reboot the series or cancel Spyro, that just shows to me that they didn't have much imagination for the Classic Spyro, they could have improved on lots of things on Classic, it had potential.

For me, if there was another Classic -type game, they would need to improve on the storyline and make sure that it doesn't rip off anything else, have it so that the levels aren't structured into challenges, make it kind of like the first one, have harder bosses, cut scenes that actually make sense.

In my opinion, it makes them seem a bit lazy.
#582 Posted: 14:32:38 20/12/2010
Quote: Bolt
Tell me about it. Activision is a mystery...

They always were.

Spyro's future is shrouded as it is, but the future of Call of Duty is even worse. Activision gave us a hint of a new game, but Infinity Ward isn't working on it. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward is hiring new developers, and when asked why, they claimed it's to start working on Modern Warfare 3 which will come out next year. This is confirmed, but then what was with this other game? Is there going to be 2 games next year?

But that's off topic...

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I think that was a bit of a stupid decision, reboot the series or cancel Spyro, that just shows to me that they didn't have much imagination for the Classic Spyro, they could have improved on lots of things on Classic, it had potential.

In my opinion, it makes them seem a bit lazy.

That does suck though. Activision is being stubborn about that piece. I like LoS, in some ways more so than Classic, but I would like a bit of Classic seen once in a while.
#583 Posted: 19:01:07 20/12/2010
Just like Spyro's Kingdom, the domain name "www.callofdutyspacewarfare.com" was leaked a while back....

It's pretty clear that the Classic Spyro was losing an audience. By major critics, ETD was considered bad, AHT mediocre and the handheld games were mostly considered mediocre(or just simply unnoticed). LoS brought a lot of interest to the Spyro franchise, especially ANB(started the reboot) and DotD(Flying and Co-op). As a whole, critics consider it decent.

Also, Spyro 1 was re-reviewed by IGN for it's PSN release and it got a 7, and ANB and DotD got the same, I think(DotD may have got 7.5).
---
#584 Posted: 19:03:37 20/12/2010
Actually..... DotD damaged Spyro still. The Legend series did not sell higher than AHT, and continued to get lower. It's a commonly made mistake that people believe it helped Spyro in any way.

I mean, all you have to do is ask some random person about Spyro - They always mention the original series, but not the newer ones.
---
#585 Posted: 19:14:13 20/12/2010
But look at it this way:

I myself grew up with the Classics, and thought thet were perfect. But now, after replaying them, I see flaws. Any random person would be the same. Also, people may have bought the originals simply because there wasn't really a mature market at that time. Nowadays, the likes of CoD, Guitar Hero, GoW, Halo etc, overshadow everything.

Also, TEN was released in the same timeframe as Super Mario Galaxy and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and CoD:MW, AND whatever Guitar Hero game came out then, and DotD was released around the same time as Sonic Unleashed, LittleBigPlanet and CoD:WaW AND another Guitar Hero game.

So the reason LoS sold less than deserved could be because of bad release planning(a lot of games are like that - case in point: Okami).
---
#586 Posted: 19:20:34 20/12/2010
I saw flaws when I was a kid with games. It's just that, back then, I always thought 'If I can't make a game how I want it, I'll just be happy with these'. I still have an idea that would rock for a dragon game, but I don't plan on giving info out to anyone just in case. smilie

If anything, you're right - But the trouble is, all games are still getting overshadowed by ones like GH, CoD, Halo, etc. - And that's why I have concerns for Spyro's future. It won't matter if he retains his LoS nature or his classic nature - Spyro is now in a terrible position. Crash also, but not so much (they never rebooted Crash 100%, just by gameplay, so I've seen many still by his side..... But I have noticed many fans leaving him too).

I still think they need to really think this through. Ideally, I'd love for them to continue both series at a time.
---
#587 Posted: 19:35:10 20/12/2010
That's exactly what I'm saying!smilie
The reboot helped a little, because it looked less kiddy, therefore people might be more interested. But it didn't help an awful lot. It freshened up the series, but it didn't rake in the sales of a AAA lister. In a way, CoD helps Spyro, as both are owned by Activision now, meaning some of CoD's money could go to Spyro.

I stopped playing Crash at the same time I stopped playing Spyro. I recently downloaded the demo for Titans and it was....okay. TLoS is ten times better though, IMO.

I would love that too. I want TLoS a bit more than Classics because, I think it needs/has more room for expansion than the Classics. Also, I still need to replay Spyro 3, ETD, AHT and SL, so they are basically gonna be like new games when I play them. At the very least though, a Spyro 4 would be like the last Classic Spyro game(It would be cool for both to continue, but if I can't have that, continue LoS and give me one last Classic style game:3)
---
#588 Posted: 19:36:49 20/12/2010 | Topic Creator
And Spyro's Kingdom is one of the AAA titles of Activision they're currently working on..
---
#589 Posted: 19:37:56 20/12/2010
Which means they will give it a huge advertising campaign.
---
#590 Posted: 19:39:17 20/12/2010
Lol, I only realised after smilie I keep doing that lately, how annoying smilie

But yeah, I do see where you're coming from.
Eh, I didn't like Titans too much if I'm honest.... I'm only really playing to see Cortex, but I'm not sure if I'd buy another game like it.

Yeah, I do agree. I just want to see at least one more classic - Even if a 'farewell' game of sorts, just to see him on a next gen console. Like this:

link
---
#591 Posted: 19:48:42 20/12/2010
I'm considering getting Titans as it is cheap (or I could get it free!smilie), and I just kinda want to see how Crash was holing up all these years.

I thought DotD was gonna be a farewell to Spyro altogether, with the message at the end of the credits.
And I always loved that pic!smilie
---
#592 Posted: 19:55:56 20/12/2010
Crash as a character seems to be getting 'less intelligent', so to speak. The last proper Crash game I enjoyed was Twinsanity, despite the glitches in the game smilie

One thing that disappointed me - That DotD came with no freebies smilie
It was his 10th Anniversary, and we get no goodies? No Spyro figure? No Cynder plushie? Baww.
---
#593 Posted: 20:02:21 20/12/2010
I really like the humour though. The ever changing art styles in MoM's cutscenes are a genius idea!smilie

It would of been cool, but Sonic 06 didn't come with freebies and that was his 15th anniversary. Still, I loves freebies!
Cynder plushie? *thinks of things that people might do with it*......yeah. I guess.
---
#594 Posted: 21:48:53 20/12/2010
Crash ended at Twinsanity. It was the last decent game. Crash of the Titans was playable but had no appeal, and I didn't even want to bother with Mind Over Mutant.

Honestly, I feel as though LoS did help Spyro. ETD was one of the worst titles I've ever played and several people out there would agree. AHT was decent but nothing special, and the handhelds went completely unoticed with the exception of Orange/Fusion, and that's because it was a crossover. Shadow Legacy tried to bring Spyro into the RPG class, but didn't do very well.

A Spyro reboot was needed, and many people actually wondered what would happen if the franchise had a darker setting, just like how people would wonder that about Mickey (and we would get Epic Mickey). And then we got LoS. The games got mixed to positive reviews. In the end most critics agree that LoS was decent.

The reason I think they didn't sell very well is because gamers were turned off by little purple dragons if they never played Spyro before, or is afraid that the games would be like ETD or AHT if they have played the games before. But the big secret to sales is good reviews. If the game turned out good, critics will say so, and people will be wanting to buy the game. At the same time though, people have too high of a standard to give a crap about Spyro. It's not even about Spyro or Mario anymore. Most gamers today are too busy drooling over the first person shooters to remember that there are other genres. Rather than look at Spyro, Mario, Zelda, or such for their bright story and rather good gameplay, they would rather blow stuff up and kill people. I play shooters, I'm guilty. But then again, I play all genres of video games.

Sorry I trailed off there. I just got caught up into other rants that I had stored for a later date...

I'm pretty sure that Sonic's 20th anniversary will have freebies or something.

Cynder plushies would be a great idea, but at the same time a scary one. It all depends on who gets a hold of one, and what they do with it.

I remember a Spyro fan site was planned for his 10th anniversary, but it never finished. So for the most part, DotD was our little 10th anniversary gift. I say this because it was the only thing Spyro related that came out that year, and it says a message at the end of the credits. I quote:

Quote:
Thank you to all the Spyro fans who have helped to support our favorite purple dragon for the last 10 years. We could not have done this without your continued encouragement.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:49 20/12/2010 by CAV
#595 Posted: 22:02:28 20/12/2010
I liked CTTR.

ETD-Wasn't great. The Sonic 06 of Spyro.
AHT-I remember loving this, but I was younger. I want to get it again.
SL-Good enough, but Classic Spyro isn't really suited to a heavy RPG formula.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on everything.

Sonic Colours has a special edition with figurines. In Australia, you also get a Sonic Colours themed Classic Controller Pro.

For Spyro freebies(especially if it's of Cynder) could be models similar to the one you get with the Halo:Reach Legendary Edition. Also, an art book would be cool.

Is it Spyro's Lair you're referring to?
---
#596 Posted: 22:24:23 20/12/2010
And if you pre-ordered at Gamestop, you would get a ridiculous Sonic hat.

Models would work too. But I guess we have to wait and see if there's anything to this "packs" and if they include anything special.

Spyro's Lair started between ANB and TEN. It was already here for at least a year by the time DotD rolled around. I was talking about a different site. I don't remember the exact name.
#597 Posted: 00:13:07 21/12/2010
I guess. I'm just looking at comments from people who have played the game though, which is who truly matter. I'd say the whole series is mediocre, but you only have to look at Gamerakings to see it didn't pass to 'Great' which is where we needed him. I personally think they needed to keep more of the classic fans happy somehow.

If Cynder plush toys are a scary idea, then her design is badly flawed. Look at the plush Japan release - They still don't have that problem though.

Although GBA games - I loved those things! When they came out at first, they even made the charts (back then, that was the main reason I found out about them). I certainly wouldn't say they went unnoticed, they were quite popular.
---
#598 Posted: 00:16:30 21/12/2010
And Spyro's Kingdom is one of the AAA titles of Activision they're currently working on..

I feel stupid asking, but what's "AAA" title mean?
#599 Posted: 00:28:10 21/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby

I feel stupid asking, but what's "AAA" title mean?

High-quality games with high budget.
---
#600 Posted: 02:00:47 21/12/2010
I think the series was legendary, mainly due to the critical acclaim that the Classics had.

Quote: Spyroo
If Cynder plush toys are a scary idea, then her design is badly flawed.

It's not that the idea itself is bad. The problem would be who buys it and what they do with it. Of all designs, I would like to see a DotD Cynder plushie, mostly because I like the design. It's better than the triangular head that she had in TEN, and I doubt they would be able to make a plushie of ANB Cynder. But yet is raises the biggest problems simply because some people will do perverted things with it. And that's just a shame.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:14 21/12/2010 by CAV
First | Previous | Page 12 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me