Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
this is rediculous!!! [CLOSED]
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#1 Posted: 16:48:48 14/12/2010 | Topic Creator
SHUT UPP!!! JUST, SHUT UP!!! these topics that promote fan wars (namely cynder vs ember) Must stop! I may be new here, and it may not be my place to say, but as a user of this forum and a member of darkspyro, i speak on behalf of all that think that these topics are hurting this community as a whole!(or are just plain stupid) All who agree, post here!
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#2 Posted: 17:14:12 14/12/2010
As much as I agree, this won't solve anything. These people are either trolls, or little kids, so they're hardly going to listen.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#3 Posted: 18:13:09 14/12/2010
This won't be effective. For the most part, trolls and new members that don't know any better are the ones posting the topics. If you have a problem with the topics, it's simple: Ignore them.
#4 Posted: 18:44:24 14/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
This won't be effective. For the most part, trolls and new members that don't know any better are the ones posting the topics. If you have a problem with the topics, it's simple: Ignore them.

good point, but that wont stop them from littering the forum with their garbage...
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#5 Posted: 20:03:39 14/12/2010
I would love this stuff to stop too. But no one will listen to you, except those people with brains, no one listens to me most of the time. So I doubt they will listen to you and especially because you are new.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 20:34:54 14/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
I would love this stuff to stop too. But no one will listen to you, except those people with brains, no one listens to me most of the time. So I doubt they will listen to you and especially because you are new.

good point, i just wish there were more people like you and i that would just put this out there and let those trolls and such know we are tired of dealing with this kind of stuff.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#7 Posted: 21:22:14 14/12/2010
Honestly? I havent seen much actual fighting lately... Just civilised debates. And civilised debate is the back bone of good conversation, IMO.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#8 Posted: 21:27:30 14/12/2010
Yes, but it could happen sooner or later. You know, someone who hasn't been online for ages (that was a troll) could just start it again, or a new person could do the same. Even someone like me could start a war if the just dramatically changed or by a freak accident.
---
I draw stuff.
#9 Posted: 21:30:49 14/12/2010
That's just trolling not something wrong with disagreeing over new/ol or Ember/Cynder.
---
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#10 Posted: 02:52:48 15/12/2010
Agree shorty.

I think most of these are stemming from the fact we are running low on new things to talk about. I expect when the next game comes out these will slack off a bit.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#11 Posted: 02:56:06 15/12/2010
You're probably right. But actually, things were way worse a few months ago, IMO. It seems to be better right now. I think the arguments are cooling down because the same arguments have been used over and over since DotD. I don't bother to argue much anymore smilie But once Spyro's Kingdom comes out, I'm sure they'll start back up.

That's just my take on it smilie
#12 Posted: 04:32:17 15/12/2010
Yeah, I bet that will happen when Spyro's Kingdom comes out.

This website is like the sun. It peaks every decade, but here on the website, around three-one years. When it peaks, the website goes up in flames (loads of arguments) and almost every topic has someone insulting something.
---
I draw stuff.
#13 Posted: 13:16:48 15/12/2010
Quote: shorty
Most arguments are Cynder vs. Ember or Classic vs. Legend. I think we should stop arguing. TLoS wasn't that bad and the Classics aren't the gods of video games.

I've never heard anyone say they're the god of all video games, but I get what you're saying. I think if we could all remain civil and debate NOT fight, all this ill will between fans would cool right off.
---
#14 Posted: 16:39:36 15/12/2010 | Topic Creator
^ this
---
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#15 Posted: 19:15:49 15/12/2010
I am impressed. There's not a lot of red sparx's who actullay don't contribute to all of this garbage.
I agree i has to stop, but there's no sense making topics about it since the people who are the source of the problem won't listen. Just ignore them.
#16 Posted: 19:55:51 15/12/2010
Yeah, ignore them and they usually stop.
---
I draw stuff.
Tufu911 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#17 Posted: 23:53:58 15/12/2010
Actually if you dont say anything about it they just continue on but you know people always have a right to express there feelings on this site even if you do hate it. you dont have to make a topic to shut people up over it. Im one to talk I still have issues with ShaloneSK but ive worked with most of it.
---
WOLVES FOR LIFE
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#18 Posted: 00:42:45 16/12/2010
smilie just smilie.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#19 Posted: 01:26:47 16/12/2010

Hmm, idle hands, are dangerous hands. Sometimes silence or doing nothing works, but its best to make the effort to stop any and all. . . detestable actions. Although I have not participated in those threads (I was sick sue me smilie ) sometimes leaving them be is a bad idea. Its like leaving a wound wide open to more infections and as time goes by it gets worse and worse. Or if you don't clean up a spill and let it dry, its a lot harder to clean it up.

However, how one approaches these situation is key to stopping them. How to approach them? Well I can't help there, best to experiment what works and what doesn't. Also, be wary and respectful as one experiments smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#20 Posted: 01:27:11 16/12/2010
Quote: waytodawn96
good point, but that wont stop them from littering the forum with their garbage...

And this topic won't stop them either.

For the most part, the only fights I've seen are from those two trolls:

The first wanting us to war and things that LoS is the best, then tries to pretend it was just a test.

The second just posting random crap that gets us angry.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#21 Posted: 01:33:49 16/12/2010
This is madness!
#22 Posted: 01:38:35 16/12/2010
THIS - IS - GOING TO HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT! GET OVER IT!

JK lol. smilie
---
#23 Posted: 01:39:40 16/12/2010
Quote: InsomDog
This is madness!

I should refrain from saying about how this isn't madness and how this is in fact Sparta.
#24 Posted: 02:10:58 16/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: waytodawn96

And this topic won't stop them either.

For the most part, the only fights I've seen are from those two trolls:

The first wanting us to war and things that LoS is the best, then tries to pretend it was just a test.

The second just posting random crap that gets us angry.

True, FINALY SOME SANE PEOPLE UNDERSTANDING WHERE I'M COMIN FROM!! oops, caps lock on....
---
#25 Posted: 03:09:12 16/12/2010
Quote: Zackeio

Hmm, idle hands, are dangerous hands. Sometimes silence or doing nothing works, but its best to make the effort to stop any and all. . . detestable actions. Although I have not participated in those threads (I was sick sue me smilie ) sometimes leaving them be is a bad idea. Its like leaving a wound wide open to more infections and as time goes by it gets worse and worse. Or if you don't clean up a spill and let it dry, its a lot harder to clean it up.

However, how one approaches these situation is key to stopping them. How to approach them? Well I can't help there, best to experiment what works and what doesn't. Also, be wary and respectful as one experiments smilie .

Well, it's not like we can do anything about it. The only one who can do something and actullay make a diffrence is Dark52, and he's had nothing to do with this froum lately.
#26 Posted: 04:21:33 16/12/2010
Quote: ignitusforever

Well, it's not like we can do anything about it. The only one who can do something and actullay make a diffrence is Dark52, and he's had nothing to do with this froum lately.

True, having a few HUNTERS here and there will ease up on nonsense that's been spreading as of late.
---
My Gallery
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#27 Posted: 04:28:05 16/12/2010
This is the internet, not much can be done. Nearly everywhere you go, you'll find flame wars, trolls, noobs, and kids. It's unavoidable, and mixing them together is like mixing baking soda and vinegar. Nothing good comes out of it, just a mess (Although it IS fun to sit back and watch for a while, I will admit.)
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#28 Posted: 05:15:46 16/12/2010
This isn't going to fix anything, honestly. Some people on the internet are just too immature. smilie But I'm really impressed to see a Red Sparx actually trying to do something. smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#29 Posted: 07:12:49 16/12/2010
Same with me. And I do agree with you there.
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#30 Posted: 10:08:35 16/12/2010
Most arguments are Cynder vs. Ember or Classic vs. Legend. I think we should stop arguing. TLoS wasn't that bad and the Classics aren't the gods of video games.

I do agree about the fighting, but it annoys me how the original fans always get the blame. BOTH sides are flaming, not just one side.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:11:46 16/12/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#31 Posted: 18:30:49 16/12/2010 | Topic Creator
ya thats true, both sides contribute to the fighting
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:31:19 16/12/2010 by waytodawn96
#32 Posted: 20:24:32 16/12/2010
Yes, they are. But the Original Fans don't always get blamed. I would blame most DotD fans that don't seem to have a brain when it comes to the internet. The reason most people join here now is because of DotD.
---
I draw stuff.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#33 Posted: 20:29:22 16/12/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

I do agree about the fighting, but it annoys me how the original fans always get the blame. BOTH sides are flaming, not just one side.

Yep, this.

I'm also getting a bit fed up of people saying that the classic fans say the games are perfect in every way - I've never met a fan who's said that.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#34 Posted: 20:36:49 16/12/2010
I think both are equal. TLoS has it's flaws and so does the Originals. People must see that fighting never solves anything.
---
I draw stuff.
#35 Posted: 21:20:36 16/12/2010
Yes, they are. But the Original Fans don't always get blamed. I would blame most DotD fans that don't seem to have a brain when it comes to the internet. The reason most people join here now is because of DotD.

And that gives the people that like DotD a bad name. I love DotD. I think it's a great game. But you have trolls that go around and spoil everything. And that's how Classic and LoS fans get into fights.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#36 Posted: 21:27:36 16/12/2010
Same here. It's an awesome game, but there are SO many annoying arguments over it. The stereotyping of DotD fans has affected me occasionally.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#37 Posted: 23:52:00 16/12/2010

And that gives the people that like DotD a bad name. I love DotD. I think it's a great game. But you have trolls that go around and spoil everything. And that's how Classic and LoS fans get into fights.
I like DOTD too, and I am pretty sure I don't go around flaming people for their opinions.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#38 Posted: 01:50:24 17/12/2010
I thought you hated DotD?..
And I agree with what's been said. I love DotD, and those immature fans you run into give you the wrong idea about all DotD fans.
#39 Posted: 02:48:24 17/12/2010
I think some of us have been saying that ever since we got here. If I recall, I was one of those "rare Red Sparx" when I came on here. I've also said it a million times, I may not understand why people can like LOS but that doesn't mean I won't them have their own opinions.

People who can't take an opposing opinion, because they themselves can't deal with it, is where the tension starts. Its more on the lines of causing an impetus aggravating vexation that in turn causes some people, on both sides of the fence, to see one another as. . . well trolls.

I think it all boils down to respecting each other despite their opposing views. If you disagree with it then you got to learn on how to say it professionally (not in an immature manner) .
---
My Gallery
#40 Posted: 03:24:15 17/12/2010
If that is what makes you that "rare red sparx", then I guess I can have been considered a "rare red sparx" as well. But that's not for me to say. That's for the others to decide.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:24:42 17/12/2010 by CAV
#41 Posted: 03:30:41 17/12/2010
It is or can be a title that is given out of popular demand I would assume. I never considered myself to be a "rare Red Sparx" nor shall I. However going off of what people have said, and seeing the two impetus instigators of vexation, people like you and waytodawn could be a breath of fresh air and commend you both for not following the crowd so to speak.
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:28 17/12/2010 by Zackeio
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#42 Posted: 07:04:52 17/12/2010
In my opinion, the Original Spyro games were cool, but they needed to be improved, ever since Insomniac had to stop developing them, they've gone downhill and not improved at all. The TLOS games just bore me.
#43 Posted: 08:25:33 17/12/2010
I never flame or put down people who don't like the things I do. That is wrong in every way. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can flame people who do.
---
I draw stuff.
#44 Posted: 21:02:34 17/12/2010
Quote: Darby
I thought you hated DotD?..
And I agree with what's been said. I love DotD, and those immature fans you run into give you the wrong idea about all DotD fans.

I hate TLOS 1, 2 and it's overall story, not DOTD itself.
#45 Posted: 01:06:34 18/12/2010
Quote: Zackeio
It is or can be a title that is given out of popular demand I would assume. I never considered myself to be a "rare Red Sparx" nor shall I.

Same. I'm a rather modest person. Mostly because I never won anything in life.
#46 Posted: 01:11:27 18/12/2010
I didn't flame people like most Red Sparx's do.
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:43 18/12/2010 by Bolt
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#47 Posted: 01:13:03 18/12/2010
When I first got on here, I rarely even posted anything. There was only one topic I really posted in. Also, I didn't really use personality, I just made basic, to-the-point comments.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#48 Posted: 01:14:40 18/12/2010
When I joined, I went inactive for months. I finally came back last month and I've been active since.

Rather than flame people, I do my best to make insightful comments on a subject, without being truely biased.
#49 Posted: 01:15:28 18/12/2010
I try to stop flame wars.
---
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me