Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > TLOS and Classic WAR!!!!
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
TLOS and Classic WAR!!!! [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#51 Posted: 20:00:02 13/12/2010
This topic is a GOONRO!
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#52 Posted: 20:03:10 13/12/2010
Hooray for pointless topics! smilie

In all seriousness, I love both the classic games and the newer games equally. That's all I have to say on this. smilie
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#53 Posted: 22:26:02 13/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
No, he really isn't.

He's purple. His name is Spyro. He's a dragon. He saves the world.

Series change. Old and new fans of Sonic know it's Sonic, old and new fans of Pokemon know they're still Pokemon. People need to get over "classic is always better." Things change. That's just the way the world is. I'm pretty sure the new game systems are better than the text based games I used to play with my mom. Classic or old =/= better.

Also, I've played and loved both series. I love Cynder AND Ember. I think Elora's adorable. I could listen to Volteer all day.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:55 13/12/2010 by minredd
#54 Posted: 22:27:36 13/12/2010
Quote: minredd
No, he really isn't.

Series change. Old and new fans of Sonic know it's Sonic, old and new fans of Pokemon know they're still Pokemon. People need to get over "classic is always better." Things change. That's just the way the world is. I'm pretty sure the new game systems are better than the text based games I used to play with my mom. Classic or old =/= better.

Also, I've played and loved both series. I love Cynder AND Ember. I think Elora's adorable. I could listen to Volteer all day.

That is all your opinion.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#55 Posted: 22:42:46 13/12/2010
Darkspyro, are you trying to get everyone pissed?
#56 Posted: 22:43:57 13/12/2010
Quote: CAV
Darkspyro, are you trying to get everyone pissed?

It seems that way.
#57 Posted: 22:48:54 13/12/2010
That's just a crying shame then.

I like both LoS and classic, and it sickens me when you see a kid obsessed with LoS giving the rest of us LoS fans a bad name.

And then you wonder why Classic fans and LoS fans tend to be at war; because the annoying kids start it, and ruin things for everybody else.
#58 Posted: 22:50:01 13/12/2010
I don't mean to be nasty but I kind of wish that TLOS didn't start in the first place, because then we wouldn't have any of this mess.

EDIT: and also no one would know any different.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:39 13/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#59 Posted: 22:54:37 13/12/2010
Quote: minredd
No, he really isn't.

I have never once said classic is ALWAYS better. I just consider it that way in this case. I also fully condone and encourage change, but not if it means eliminating everything that is the essence of a game or movie or whatever.

Spyro could be a bit darker with some more combat, a new world, and new characters, bt for the most part he should have stayed the same IMO. They should have kept more of the lightness, ALL of Spyro's and Hunter's personalities (save for a few small changes), and much of the gameplay.

Also, don't think I'm opposed to you having that opinion. You are fully entitled to your point of view, your likes and dislikes, as we all are.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#60 Posted: 22:56:30 13/12/2010
The most annoying part to me, is Spyro's design and personality in TLOS.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:45 13/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#61 Posted: 22:57:15 13/12/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I don't mean to be nasty but I kind of wish that TLOS didn't start in the first place, because then we wouldn't have any of this mess.

EDIT: and also no one would know any different.

Actually, I like that LoS started. What I hate is the people that followed and obsessed over LoS. It's the same thing with the Sonic fanbase. They are mostly good games, but you have those certain fans whom go and screw everything up for the rest of us. Sega didn't know that Sonic was going to attract those fans, and neither did Sierra upon creating LoS.
#62 Posted: 22:59:15 13/12/2010
I'm not sure to be honest.
#63 Posted: 23:06:50 13/12/2010

I forgot to address this.

Spyro's design is just weird in LoS, mostly due to the fact that his mouth is almost always open.

And his personality isn't that bad, but has a major flaw. He always wants to do good. That's a problem. I understand that, since most heroes are like that. But he doesn't have even a little shread of selfishness, which is something that everyone is guilty of.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#64 Posted: 23:09:59 13/12/2010
"Cynder, I don't want you to go."
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#65 Posted: 23:15:03 13/12/2010
I think that's the only time he's done anything in that matter.

Not to mention the elders kinda wanted her to stay as well.
#66 Posted: 23:17:00 13/12/2010
I was mainly joking with that quote!smilie
But yeah, a bit of selfishness from Spyro would be cool.
That's why I want a TLoS RPG. The length of an RPG would leave room for a ton of great story-telling, as well as gameplay.
---
#67 Posted: 23:19:27 13/12/2010
He needed more personality. Spyro could've been Jesus in disguise.

It was the same thing with Charlie in the Chocolate Factory remake. He was just too good.
#68 Posted: 23:21:03 13/12/2010
In general, I really like Spyro's new character, but yeah, more selfishness is needed.
As for Cynder, I am perfectly fine with her current state.
---
#69 Posted: 23:22:27 13/12/2010
The LoS Spyro is good, and Elijah Wood is a great voice actor in my opinion.

Cynder is perfectly fine the way she is. Now if only we got a new voice actor...
#70 Posted: 23:25:05 13/12/2010
I don't think Christina Ricci was terrible like everyone says she is, but she wasn't amazing either. She was great at the funny parts but struggled in some serious/emotional parts. She has the perfect voice and tone, but she needs to improve her emotion.

However, I somehow doubt she will stay...
---
#71 Posted: 23:28:40 13/12/2010
She wasn't terrible. She was better than the person that played Cynder in ANB, whom was over-doing it on the acting. But at the same moment she needed emotion. If only we were able to combine the two voices. Then we would be perfect.

I doubt Cynder herself would stay, let alone the voice actor. Odds are that the new game will be yet another reboot, and that Spyro and Sparx will be the only characters returning.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#72 Posted: 23:29:58 13/12/2010
I wish Cynder had her personality from the TEN clip. ;__;
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#73 Posted: 23:32:00 13/12/2010
I barely remember her from TEN. I barely remember anything from TEN. That's why I'm currently replaying it.
darkspyro291 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1738
#74 Posted: 00:17:30 14/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks you guys i've been needing some reasons why both are great i just made this topic to get some feed back to stop fights in which this premotes but seirously thanks i will change close the topic but please try to understand i was just doing an experiment so thanks and btw? how do i close topics?
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#75 Posted: 00:23:07 14/12/2010
You wanted feedback to stop the fighting? Okay..
You close it by going to edit the first post, and clicking close?.. I'm not sure if that's right though, I'm probably wrong. I haven't made a topic in a while.
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#76 Posted: 00:44:09 14/12/2010
Quote: Aura24
He purposely posted this topic in hopes of watching us arguing pointlessly over which Spyro is better. It's obvious, even the topic title says it all.

Well, misson accoplished. Even before I clicked on the topic, I knew everyone would be giving this guy heck for posting this.
#77 Posted: 15:09:26 14/12/2010
Quote: darkspyro291
Thanks you guys i've been needing some reasons why both are great i just made this topic to get some feed back to stop fights in which this premotes but seirously thanks i will change close the topic but please try to understand i was just doing an experiment so thanks and btw? how do i close topics?

So, you were doing and experiment, by using us as guinea pigs and having us fight to the point that the entire site falls into chaos and anarchy for no reason? Not a good way to start here....

If you wanted an experiment like how you are describing it here, just make a topic about why we shouldn't fight. Don't try to start a war if the point of it is to stop wars. It doesn't make sense.
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#78 Posted: 16:43:00 14/12/2010
Wow.....well this sucks *turns off computer*
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
#79 Posted: 17:24:45 14/12/2010
Quote: CAV

I forgot to address this.

Spyro's design is just weird in LoS, mostly due to the fact that his mouth is almost always open.

And his personality isn't that bad, but has a major flaw. He always wants to do good. That's a problem. I understand that, since most heroes are like that. But he doesn't have even a little shread of selfishness, which is something that everyone is guilty of.

On top of that he just needs to lighten up and act a littel braver aside from just doing brave things. Elijah just sounded too calm. Spyro needs more power and... soul in his voice. Sorry, I know that's kinda ambiguous but IDK how to put it better.
And Cynder? A va with more emotion, a less elaborate figure, abd ditch the bondage jewellery once and for all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:31 14/12/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#80 Posted: 18:06:05 14/12/2010
I just want Spyro to be a kid again, and have that kind of kiddy voice that he used to have, it was cute.
#81 Posted: 18:26:10 14/12/2010
It was cute, but it only works for light-hearted games.

When we go into a darker setting like LoS, he needs to grow up. Elijah Wood was pretty good as Spyro, but he still needed that extra umph to perfect it.
#82 Posted: 18:47:43 14/12/2010
I don't agree, he was a kid in ANB and TEN, and those were alright. As a matter of fact, it's been said by the producers t hemselves that Spyro and Cynder never really aged in the crystal, it was just a design change.
---
#83 Posted: 19:36:40 14/12/2010
I didn't think that Elijah Wood did a good job at all.
#84 Posted: 08:15:10 17/12/2010

That is just.... sick. You were trying to make us fight just so you could see our opinions? So you could grab/steal some excuses to why both are great!?

However, I find this a little suspicious. In the classic spyro topic, you went in there and said something like, "CLASSIC SPYRO SUCKS BOOOOOOOO!!!!11111", so you DON'T like classic Spyro. You DON'T like both series. That is all a lie, and I'm not falling for it. I bet you made all that up so you won't get yelled at.
---
#85 Posted: 09:11:20 17/12/2010
Whoever created this topic is a douche.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#86 Posted: 09:40:33 17/12/2010
Definite.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#87 Posted: 13:56:31 17/12/2010
Whoever created this topic is a douche.

[User Posted Image]

Thou've got it!
---
Keep smile
#88 Posted: 23:41:31 17/12/2010
*Claps hands*
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#89 Posted: 23:42:59 17/12/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

That is just.... sick. You were trying to make us fight just so you could see our opinions? So you could grab/steal some excuses to why both are great!?

However, I find this a little suspicious. In the classic spyro topic, you went in there and said something like, "CLASSIC SPYRO SUCKS BOOOOOOOO!!!!11111", so you DON'T like classic Spyro. You DON'T like both series. That is all a lie, and I'm not falling for it. I bet you made all that up so you won't get yelled at.

It's almost inhumane..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#90 Posted: 00:57:40 18/12/2010
Quote: Aura24
Quote: DarkCynder_543

It's almost inhumane..

Correction: it is inhumane. To start a war for his amusement. I kinda think he should be banned.
#91 Posted: 01:21:54 18/12/2010
Yeah, I guess you're right. And after this morning, I kinda feel like reporting people.
---
I draw stuff.
#92 Posted: 01:23:05 18/12/2010
What happened this morning? smilie
I was at school...
---
#93 Posted: 01:24:59 18/12/2010
You can read it in my Guestbook, below the section about me. I don't really want to talk about it.
---
I draw stuff.
#94 Posted: 01:29:23 18/12/2010
Oh, I see....
That Ramirez is an a-hole. =/
---
#95 Posted: 01:31:55 18/12/2010
I know, and the bad thing was I just woke up. And when something bad happens in the morning, I'm usually grumpy the whole day.
That's why I kinda feel like reporting people, but for a good reason not something out of anger.
---
I draw stuff.
#96 Posted: 01:32:13 18/12/2010
I don't see anything. Maybe I'm just being an idiot here.
#97 Posted: 01:37:03 18/12/2010
Yeah, happens to me too.

Heheh, I just noticed that my avi looks so out of place amongst all of the cool ones! My one is all goofy!smilie
---
#98 Posted: 01:37:56 18/12/2010
Fine, I'll quote it.

Quote: My Guestbook
smilie will always be haunted by Ramirez.
On the 18th December 2010, he attacked the Forums with spam. He started it in the Meteor Shower topic in the Idle Chatter. I saw it and threatened to press the report button. Ramirez posted it again so I had no choice but to report him. This was the first time I have ever pressed the report button BTW. I went to his Guestbook and told him to stop his spamming but then he posted his "KIRBY'S EPIC YARN SUCKS" in my Guestbook. I told him that this wasn't funny so he did it again. Then he said, "You're right. This isn't funny, it's hilarious!" and posted his spam again. I deleted and reported his spam and stupid remark, then I blocked him so my Guestbook and PM's didn't get flooded with his nonsense.
All the topics that were at the top of the list were spammed, even the art threads and fan fics. Ramirez kept saying "KIRBY'S EPIC YARN SUCKS" in all his posts. It was the morning for me and it all started as soon as I got up. What a bad start to the day. He did this because he was bored, he said. His goal was to get banned and make this place a hilarious battle before he did so. At 10:30am here he got banned by dark52. Ramirez's whole account was deleted, so you wouldn't be able to see him. Some say it was return of Texas_gal, and I agreed. You can still see the ruins of the battle in the topics.
If you want to check the topic out.
But still, we wait for his return, it will happen sooner or later...
Quote: Ramirez
.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.KIRBYS EPIC YARN SUCKS.
---
I draw stuff.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me