Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What if... [CLOSED]
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#1 Posted: 23:55:01 17/11/2010 | Topic Creator
you know how in tlos ignitus saves spyros egg but not cynder? well how do you think would happen if he saved both. Or what would happen if Cynder was saved not spyro? Funny how one choice can be sooooo epic or influence so much. thats a life lesson right there.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#2 Posted: 00:17:22 18/11/2010
If he'd just saved Cynder, it would've been a better game. A story about a dragon with no powers going up against so many odds would be fun. Also, like Starfox Adventures, I've always thought LoS would've been better had it not been pointlessly tied into the Spyro franchise.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#3 Posted: 00:29:11 18/11/2010
Quote: Razz
If he'd just saved Cynder, it would've been a better game. A story about a dragon with no powers going up against so many odds would be fun. Also, like Starfox Adventures, I've always thought LoS would've been better had it not been pointlessly tied into the Spyro franchise.

Starfox Adventures was an amazing game even with the StarFox logo on it. I seriously wish they'd make a sequel.

On topic: I think similar to Razz, that it could be better, but you never know, Krome did mess up the length and story a lot.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#4 Posted: 00:42:31 18/11/2010
I liked Starfox Adventure up to the point where you stopped playing as Krystal. Fox was no fun to play as and I never finished the game.

Krome had nothing to do with the story. That was all on the heads of the producer-writers. If you need to blame someone for screwing up LoS, let's at least start with where the actual problem begins. smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#5 Posted: 00:45:38 18/11/2010
In terms of story, Malefor taking Spyro and leaving Cynder wouldn't happen; he was after luring the purple dragon specifically.

As for if both were saved...eh.
---
Eh.
#6 Posted: 00:47:18 18/11/2010
If Malefor needed Spyro (and, at least according to DotD, he did) I've never understood why he didn't take the purple egg. That would've made things a lot simpler for him since he'd have the other purple dragon on hand and trained as a loyal servant.
#7 Posted: 01:12:26 18/11/2010
I liked Starfox Adventure up to the point where you stopped playing as Krystal. Fox was no fun to play as and I never finished the game.

Krome had nothing to do with the story. That was all on the heads of the producer-writers. If you need to blame someone for screwing up LoS, let's at least start with where the actual problem begins. smilie

You really should finish the game, it's not much different with Fox.

If Malefor needed Spyro (and, at least according to DotD, he did) I've never understood why he didn't take the purple egg. That would've made things a lot simpler for him since he'd have the other purple dragon on hand and trained as a loyal servant.

And the world would be doomed unless Cynder mysteriously could beat two purple dragons.... Actually, I want to see that...
---
#8 Posted: 01:25:39 18/11/2010
Meh. I really hated everything about Fox (he wasn't even fun to look at and his controls were a bit different). Once that horrible triceratops showed up, it got even less fun. I stopped playing after I got stuck in a snow level. Even my husband, who is a huge Starfox fan, hates this game.

See, see? The story is made a thousand times more interesting when, instead of a special dragon born with magic, our hero is a nobody with nothing special about her at all who still has to go up against the impossible. smilie Part of what I hate about LoS is that it says outright that you have to be born special to be special (something the older games don't bring up; Spyro was literally just in the wrong place at the right time...a lot smilie).

Seeing an ordinary, magic-free Cynder taking on two purple dragons who far outmatch her would have been awesome. And Spyro/Cynder would probably still be cute since he'd be the one who was confused by and in awe of his rescuer.
#9 Posted: 01:29:41 18/11/2010
And Japan hates Krystal, so whatever.
---
Eh.
#10 Posted: 01:34:41 18/11/2010
Meh. I really hated everything about Fox (he wasn't even fun to look at and his controls were a bit different). Once that horrible triceratops showed up, it got even less fun. I stopped playing after I got stuck in a snow level. Even my husband, who is a huge Starfox fan, hates this game.

See, see? The story is made a thousand times more interesting when, instead of a special dragon born with magic, our hero is a nobody with nothing special about her at all who still has to go up against the impossible. smilie Part of what I hate about LoS is that it says outright that you have to be born special to be special (something the older games don't bring up; Spyro was literally just in the wrong place at the right time...a lot smilie).

Seeing an ordinary, magic-free Cynder taking on two purple dragons who far outmatch her would have been awesome. And Spyro/Cynder would probably still be cute since he'd be the one who was confused by and in awe of his rescuer.

I like the game a lot, though, haven't been in the mood to play games much recently...

Yeah, I order a petition for a spin-off Cynder game!!

Quote: Burning Gnorc
And Japan hates Krystal, so whatever.

I wonder why that is?
---
#11 Posted: 01:39:44 18/11/2010
Possibly because Krystal is technically a British-origin character. You know how antsy the Japanese can be when it comes to foreign exports.
---
Eh.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12 Posted: 05:11:45 18/11/2010
So Japan is basically independent on their own game characters?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#13 Posted: 10:21:26 18/11/2010
Fun fact Razz! Starfox Adventures was originally going to be a game called "Dinosaur Planet" and was going to be released as an N64 title. It was a stand alone game too.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#14 Posted: 10:22:30 18/11/2010
Yep, Stoker told me about that. Krystal was meant to be the game's main hero, too, before they decided to make it a part of the StarFox franchise.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#15 Posted: 10:31:54 18/11/2010
I know. I played Starfox Adventures for a bit, it was good enough. It was like a worse version of Zelda though. And Krystal was fun to play as!

I hated the voice acting and cutscenes though, except for Krystal's part.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#16 Posted: 13:35:58 18/11/2010
I've always loved the idea of Ignitus saving Cynder instead, and not using Spyro's name for the cover. I can't help but feel as though the Legend series would be so much more respected that way too.

And with Starfox Adventures, I got up to the part where you needed to use a flute(?) and the game wouldn't let me. Even though I had it with me, and the guide told me to use it.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#17 Posted: 19:23:55 18/11/2010
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Possibly because Krystal is technically a British-origin character. You know how antsy the Japanese can be when it comes to foreign exports.

Racist ba *shot*
Eh, I can...not really understand that...

Quote: sonicbrawler182
Fun fact Razz! Starfox Adventures was originally going to be a game called "Dinosaur Planet" and was going to be released as an N64 title. It was a stand alone game too.

It was ported to the GameCube because of the N64's decline and plus Ninty decided to make it into a StarFox game, since Rare and Ninty worked together really, so the that GameCube would get it's own StarFox game like th SNES and N64.

Yep, Stoker told me about that. Krystal was meant to be the game's main hero, too, before they decided to make it a part of the StarFox franchise.

Yep, which I woonder what the plot would have been, since the Karzoa couldn't have captured Krystal to serve as another reason for Fox to collect the spirits.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
I know. I played Starfox Adventures for a bit, it was good enough. It was like a worse version of Zelda though. And Krystal was fun to play as!

I hated the voice acting and cutscenes though, except for Krystal's part.

A celot kxo vusk kxo cudwiuwo nuj tavvohodk udt vicc0 fhedeidsot uj av kxo leaso uskehj noho vciodk ad kxo cudwiuwo.

Translation: I loved the fact the language was different and fully pronounced as if the voice actors were fluent in the language.

And the voice acting fit the style of the game really.

Quote: Spyroo
I've always loved the idea of Ignitus saving Cynder instead, and not using Spyro's name for the cover. I can't help but feel as though the Legend series would be so much more respected that way too.

And with Starfox Adventures, I got up to the part where you needed to use a flute(?) and the game wouldn't let me. Even though I had it with me, and the guide told me to use it.

Are you talking about the CloudRunner horn?
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#18 Posted: 19:33:26 18/11/2010
Quote: Spyroo

I'd like it more that way too. You could be Cynder but instead of Spyro, it should be a different purple dragon because LoS is nothing like the Originals. But later, the two games should've got mixed up and a purple dragon was born when Cynder was 300 or something. But that's just my option.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#19 Posted: 19:45:46 18/11/2010

^this 100%
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#20 Posted: 20:51:15 18/11/2010
Not much difference.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#21 Posted: 21:04:47 18/11/2010
LOS would have began with the eternal night. If Cynder hadn't been corrupted and stolen all the guardian's powers, it would have been up to just Gaul to free Malefor.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me