Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Would this startle you? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#51 Posted: 14:25:25 13/11/2010
THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was trying to say. A lot of people seemed to think I wanted Spyro to be M rated. Although I would still buy the game, I think the T rated area is more suitable for Spyro. I think it would open up more possibilities for a better, mature narrative. I don't even think it would effect the gameplay, just the narrative.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#52 Posted: 14:31:51 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm just saying it, because, I think they had plans for the PS3/Xbox360 consoles. Not sure what they had in mind for what to do with the plot though. But I know it has a moderate possibility of being rated a Higher rating in some countries. Also I know that the Wii version is going to be milder than DoTD.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#53 Posted: 14:51:31 13/11/2010
How do you know the Wii version is going to be milder than DotD?
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#54 Posted: 15:09:53 13/11/2010
Just as a little note, that's not meant to sound like me being a jerk or anything, but for those who think Spyro is 'growing up with us', I have one movie to say.

Toy. Story. 3.

And if you don't know what I mean by that, you probably haven't seen the movie of the year, and I suggest you do smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#55 Posted: 16:04:36 13/11/2010
I said it feels like Spyro is growing up with ME! The reason I feel this way is because when I was a kid, Spyro was my favourite videogame. It was a platform adventure. These were the only games I really played as a kid. It also didn't really care about story, just like me. I now play all kinds of genres, such as combat, RPG, puzzle etc. Spyro now has elements of these genres. I now like storylines in games, and Spyro now has a more developed storyline. I think you can see where I am going with this...

And I have seen Toy Story 3, and I know it's tone is mostly the same, but that was part of a franchise waiting a decade for a comeback. It's only natural it would stay similar. It's a pretty good movie, but not my favourite movie of this year. That would be Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
---
#56 Posted: 16:06:17 13/11/2010
It wasn't aimed at you, it was a general post smilie

TS3 has received critical acclaim for growing up with everyone, yet remaining the same, which is what I meant.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#57 Posted: 16:12:18 13/11/2010
I didn't think it grew up, really. It just threw in a couple of pop culture references, which movies these days do anyway. Not that it's a bad thing. Toy Story doesn't need to grow up. It's based on children's toys coming to life, for crying out loud!smilie

I kinda thought the post was directed at me, as I was the only one who said they felt Spyro was growing up with them. Oh well! smilie
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#58 Posted: 16:20:27 13/11/2010
A few sexual jokes here and there would be okay, same with a bit of bloodshe and some swears. But still NOTHING too over the top!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#59 Posted: 16:25:00 13/11/2010
Yeah ^
And Toy Story 3.. if you pay attention it has quite a bit of adult humor in it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:16 13/11/2010 by Darby
#60 Posted: 16:29:11 13/11/2010
"Nice asscot"(sp?)
---
#61 Posted: 16:31:31 13/11/2010
Exactly what I mean. From a neutral point of view, the highest I would tolerate in regards to sexual stuff would be letting us know that two characters "did it", but without showing a scene of it. Bloodshed would not be be of any benefit or deficit, IMO. As for swears, the only words I would except are "damn" and "bastard". I don't mind swear words at all, but using the F word or something like that would break the immersion of a fantasy setting.
---
#62 Posted: 16:34:02 13/11/2010
**** and Crap are fine also.
---
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#63 Posted: 20:29:05 13/11/2010
While it wouldn't exactly shock me, making a Spyro game T-rated would eliminate quite a lot of the franchise's target audience. I can't see the developers ever adding T-rated content to a Spyro game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:29:29 13/11/2010 by Stormy
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#64 Posted: 22:22:47 13/11/2010
As I'm more a fan of the original series than the LoS Trilogy, I would say that It wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but, If set in the LoS Universe, then I don't think that it would ruin the game, and I would still buy it.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#65 Posted: 22:30:20 13/11/2010
Quote: Stormy
While it wouldn't exactly shock me, making a Spyro game T-rated would eliminate quite a lot of the franchise's target audience. I can't see the developers ever adding T-rated content to a Spyro game.

I doubt many of the fans would leave, I mean, LoS seemed to do most of that work. Adding T to LoS seems to fit. If people want it without, buy a cheap PS1 with the original Trilogy

Quote: Faun
As I'm more a fan of the original series than the LoS Trilogy, I would say that It wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but, If set in the LoS Universe, then I don't think that it would ruin the game, and I would still buy it.

Same here.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#66 Posted: 23:46:25 13/11/2010
The only way there might a T rated spyro game is with sexual jokes. If they use curse words it could still be counted a E10+( Damn, Hell,Crap,****). Thats just my opinion though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:26 13/11/2010 by spyrocrash
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#67 Posted: 00:36:43 14/11/2010
I would be rather dissapointed. I mean, Spyro went up from 3+ to T rated. I would just shake my head, and be a little angry. But I would still give it a go, because some games, although T rated, aren't that bad and shouldn't be rated T.

If it's an original Spyro game, I would most likely hate, unless it's rated T because of violence. IMO, the originals should be rated 7+ or E, no higher (but if it's 8+, I would still wouldn't mind. The UK version of YOTD was rated 8+). If it's TLOS, however, I wouldn't be surprise, because TLOS needs to be at least rated T if it wants to be a good game.

Quote: Darby
Yeah ^
And Toy Story 3.. if you pay attention it has quite a bit of adult humor in it

I noticed that too. Like when that guy barbie doll (forgot his name lol) was trying on all those clothes, all the teenagers and adults watching the movie were laughing, while the kids stayed silent.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:36 14/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#68 Posted: 00:41:25 14/11/2010
The age rating does not matter to me in the long run. The game's content effects the rating, not the rating effects the content. I play Spyro games because I like them, not because I'm part of ERSB or PEGI.
---
#69 Posted: 01:15:55 14/11/2010
I agree with sonicbrawler
#70 Posted: 13:42:39 14/11/2010
Thanks!

If the age rating stays around the same then cool!
If it gets more mature, adding in exploding heads, swear words and orgies then I don't care either! As long as the gameplay and story are good them I'm happy! (Also, good graphics and music would be nice too!) smilie
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#71 Posted: 18:23:19 14/11/2010
I'd love a Spyro game with cursing, blood guts and Zombies. smilie

JK.
LOL OR AM I?
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#72 Posted: 18:44:50 14/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I noticed that the original fans wouldn't like the idea, but the LoS, fans would.

Maybe the T, rated game should go the LoS fans, and the other game should go to the "original" fans.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#73 Posted: 18:52:44 14/11/2010
Yeah, Classic Spyro should stay suitable for kids, but LoS should aim a little higher.

DotD should of been T rated, IMO. In the last quick time event before the ending, (when Malefor has Spyro and Cynder sliding against the wall) if you fail, he breaks their spine!
---
#74 Posted: 18:54:18 14/11/2010
Does anyone have a video of that part? With Malefor breaking their spines, I mean.
---
#75 Posted: 19:03:40 14/11/2010
Aura24 has one on her YouTube channel. It's near the end. Here:
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#76 Posted: 19:10:06 14/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182

I don't see any spine breaking lol
he just held them then threw them down =/
#77 Posted: 19:14:59 14/11/2010
Look at Spyro and Cynder when he's holding them up in triumph. Their backs are bent real far, and they are limp. That shows their spines are broken. It's easier to see if you do it yourself in the game.
---
#78 Posted: 19:29:54 14/11/2010
Quote: Cynder_fan

I doubt many of the fans would leave, I mean, LoS seemed to do most of that work. Adding T to LoS seems to fit. If people want it without, buy a cheap PS1 with the original Trilogy

...Except that every previous Spyro game has been rated from E to E10, not just the original trilogy. Not sure what you're getting at here with "if people want it without."

I haven't played DotD, but if the other two LoS games are anything to go by, LoS fits well into its E10 rating. There's no blood, no sexual content, no strong language, nothing that would warrant a T rating. From what I've seen, many LoS fans tend to be 13 and younger, and regardless of whether the fans would care about the rating, game companies have to keep their target audiences in mind as not many nine-year-olds are going to look at a T-rated game and think "This looks cool, but I'm probably too young to play this." This is why games like Grand Theft Auto are not marketed to kids: it wouldn't make sense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:14 14/11/2010 by Stormy
#79 Posted: 19:35:27 14/11/2010
Kids still play that though. I played it when I was very young.
---
#80 Posted: 19:38:52 14/11/2010
Quote: Cynder_fan

...Except that every previous Spyro game has been rated from E to E10, not just the original trilogy. Not sure what you're getting at here with "if people want it without."

I haven't played DotD, but if the other two LoS games are anything to go by, LoS fits well into its E10 rating. There's no blood, no sexual content, no strong language, nothing that would warrant a T rating. From what I've seen, many LoS fans tend to be 13 and younger, and regardless of whether the fans would care about the rating, game companies have to keep their target audiences in mind as not many nine-year-olds are going to look at a T-rated game and think "This looks cool, but I'm probably too young to play this." This is why games like Grand Theft Auto are not marketed to kids: it wouldn't make sense.

I do agree. The Legend games are fine as they are, they don't need any extra violence beyond what they have.

Although some parents will still buy their kids the game, there are still many out there who will not. Plus, many companies receive criticism for using cute mascot characters (yes, Spyro is still a cute mascot to many) in a blood-thirsty game.
---
#81 Posted: 19:43:32 14/11/2010
Look at Spyro and Cynder when he's holding them up in triumph. Their backs are bent real far, and they are limp. That shows their spines are broken. It's easier to see if you do it yourself in the game.

um..how does that prove that their spines are broken lol?
Maybe they are just badly animated?OMGGGcanITTbeee
I don't hear a crack nor you can see him breaking their backs or something,plus they are pretty small in that scene
its like a split-second moment when he's holding them!
I'm sorry but you are thinking to deeply about a 3 second death scene =/
If the developers wanted to show us Malefor breaking Spyro and Cynders backs,I'm pretty sure they would give us a clearer picture..
Otherwise,whats the point?
#82 Posted: 19:44:35 14/11/2010
Kids still play that though. I played it when I was very young.

That wasn't my point. Whether or not kids play it, we all know that GTA isn't meant to be a kids' game. Spyro, however, is, and it wouldn't make sense to switch the target audience when one is already developed.
#83 Posted: 19:45:38 14/11/2010
I was actually waiting to hear the sound of a crack too. I'm not convinced (and apparently others aren't either) that they intended it to be so.

Or, they did, but they didn't bother making it clear enough.
---
#84 Posted: 19:48:44 14/11/2010
There is a kind of crack. Also, he clearly pushes their backs straight into the wall. That would definitly crush their spine. Also, as I said before, they were clearly dangling limply.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#85 Posted: 19:52:54 14/11/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

I don't see any spine breaking lol
he just held them then threw them down =/

I got some good death scenes.

Real Spine snapping.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#86 Posted: 19:59:17 14/11/2010
Lol, those were funny! smilie

But I still think Malefor crushed their spines. What else could of happened? Spyro and Cynder fell asleep?
---
#87 Posted: 20:27:47 14/11/2010

But I still think Malefor crushed their spines. What else could of happened? Spyro and Cynder fell asleep?

I think so too. If you are crushed, bones will break. Those bones will puncture your organs. Punctured organs normally mean death.
---
#88 Posted: 20:33:46 14/11/2010
Yeah, not to mention they were bent back really far. That's only possible if there is no bone there. Also, there is a crack sound. (Although, we shouldn't even hear it, seeing as the camera was so far away, and seeing as there was so much noise.)
---
#89 Posted: 20:41:10 14/11/2010
Yeah, not to mention they were bent back really far. That's only possible if there is no bone there. Also, there is a crack sound. (Although, we shouldn't even hear it, seeing as the camera was so far away, and seeing as there was so much noise.)

Yeah, plus they would have opened their wings to save themselves otherwise, since, if nothing broke/got punctured, nothing could really have killed them.
---
#90 Posted: 20:42:09 14/11/2010
That's also what I think! smilie
---
#91 Posted: 20:44:13 14/11/2010
That's also what I think! smilie

It's psychically impossible for that otherwise.. It may not be obvious guys, but breakages/puncturing had to have happened!!

Hmm... Wouldn't wan Malefor to step on me now smilie
---
#92 Posted: 20:52:22 14/11/2010
Lol, me neither! I find it amazing how Spyro can get out of it!(When you don't fail)
---
#93 Posted: 20:54:43 14/11/2010
Lol, me neither! I find it amazing how Spyro can get out of it!(When you don't fail)

Aye, thar be a strong lad
---
#94 Posted: 20:55:47 14/11/2010
There is a kind of crack. Also, he clearly pushes their backs straight into the wall. That would definitly crush their spine. Also, as I said before, they were clearly dangling limply.

I hear no crack,it just some swoosh sounds and music...
They are cartoony video game dragons fgs!You cannot know if that will break their spines or not!If they had any!
heck,even if it's a realistic game,some actions do not break your back/whatever else like it would happen in real life(Leap of Faith from a really high building into a pile of hay without injury in Assassins creed,anyone??)

You don't need an explanation for that kinds of stuff...
It's just a game!
You failed the quick time event,Malefor pulls you back violently and throws you down,THE END,restart.
end of story!
''BUuuT we NEEDz Uber details of whut exactly happenz!!
OMG they got a fracture of the skull,and a stroke or something from that impact!!!!I think they breathe fire by using methane gas,a tube that leads to a storage in their heads,a muscle that prevents the gas from being forced back down into the transport system and the storage is a bladder that can hold teh pressure and it ignites by a electric spark OMGWWAWAWII think they have some kind of a tapeworm/parasite in their stomach,cus that would explain why are they zoooo thin!!''

They are just programed cartoony dragons made out of pixels
They don't have organs/bones/whatever!
They can go into the core of the Destroyer and get burned by LAVA and be fine,however if you fail a quick time event, you die, and it doesn't have to be explained physically in ''omg detailzzz'',they just die!the end!

Ugh let's just get back on topic and stop nit-picking about a 3 second long death scene...
This is starting to sound like that topic where people nit-picked that Cynder started glowing blue after Spyro uses the omg-pull-wuorldz-togetha-ability...that was ridiculous...
#95 Posted: 21:02:53 14/11/2010
No, it was completely valid. Unlike you, some people like to examine and discuss things in detail, you know, for the lulz. Not everyone limits themselves to the kiddyness of say, Insomniac Spyro(I'm not saying they're bad, in fact, I love them games). And if it makes people react the way you did then, heck, I'm gonna do it all the time, as your comment made me laugh!
---
#96 Posted: 21:34:31 14/11/2010
No, it was completely valid. Unlike you, some people like to examine and discuss things in detail, you know, for the lulz. Not everyone limits themselves to the kiddyness of say, Insomniac Spyro(I'm not saying they're bad, in fact, I love them games). And if it makes people react the way you did then, heck, I'm gonna do it all the time, as your comment made me laugh!

Don't make assumptions about people! For all you know she could enjoy discussing some things in detail, maybe just not Spyro, and have certain darker more adult games she likes.
---
#97 Posted: 21:45:57 14/11/2010
Ok, I guess that was rude, but then again, it was rude of her to butt in the conversation I was having in a disruptive way. She could at least have benn more civil.
---
#98 Posted: 21:51:48 14/11/2010
Perhaps so but she was just making points, and good ones too although presented in a fasion not well recieved by others.
Anyway, about the apparent limpness of Spyro and Cydner it could just be that they were pulled back so abruptly and violently that when Malefor stopped his hands the momentum of thier bodies caused their heads and backsides to swing further backwards after he stopped, making them look limp.
---
#99 Posted: 21:53:22 14/11/2010

but you started this discussion by saying DoTD should be rated T because according to you in that part he breaks their spines.
And then I saw the clip and I really couldn't see the 'breaking spine' part,and though it was a bit of a silly reason for DoTD to get a T rating when it isn't clear at all(atleast to me).
I'm not saying its bad for people to examine stuff for teh lulz(heck,I do it,just not that much with Spyro)but imo exaggerating/thinking to deeply about it is never good.(I'm saying this in general,not just with Spyro)

in that post it seemed to me like you were really using that statement as a fact and not as a 'for teh lulz' examination.
Tbh It's kinda hard sometimes to tell what exactly are people meaning when they write something on the forums,thats why you have to additionally explain,use some kind of marks to point out sarcasm or whatever...

---EDIT----
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Don't make assumptions about people! For all you know she could enjoy discussing some things in detail, maybe just not Spyro, and have certain darker more adult games she likes.

Thank you,SpyroLUVA
And yes,that is true what you've said.
#100 Posted: 22:05:21 14/11/2010
Yes, her point is good, but there is no point telling me I shouldn't discuss things in detail and making fun of the fact I was. If she doesn't like them sort of discussions, then she shouldn't throw herself into one. All she had to do was be more civil or not say anything about it. However, it's still pretty obnoxious to jump into a discussion, telling people that the game is "too kiddy" to discuss in that manner. Why I'm discussing it is irrelevant. Also, I'm not discussing it because I need answers, I'm discussing it because this is a forum, and the whole purpose of a forum is to discuss things.

I think I'll just abandon this subject now.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me