Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#351 Posted: 12:00:28 06/11/2010
Quote: Aura24
Does it really matter if Spyro didn't continue on as a platformer and moved on to action genre when the LoS was made? I don't mind the change, but I know it aggravates some fans out there.

Some people just find it harder to like the franchise when it turns into something they don't want it to become.... You may find it easy, but that doesn't mean that everyone else finds it easy too....
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#352 Posted: 12:53:07 06/11/2010
Yeah, you should have seen the hate Mario and LoZ got for changing so much, even though plenty of people did love the changes too.
---
Eh.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#353 Posted: 13:16:18 06/11/2010
Mario changed and developed a lot. We have 2D Mario, 3D Mario, The Mario Galaxy series, Mario-RPGs, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Mario sports tie-ins, etc.

The Zelda games have also developed a lot. There are top-down view Zelda games, 2D Zelda games and 3D Zelda games. Each Zelda game has also had their own gimmick. Magic orcarinas, masks, boats, playing as a wolf are just a few of them. Also, the art-style change in Wind Waker divided many fans, partly because at the SpaceWorld convention in 2001, Nintendo showed off a tech demo which showed a realistic adult Link fighting a realistic Ganondorf. Because of this, people were devastated by the art style change, as it meant they would not get to play this fight. Although, a similar fight was used in Twilight Princess. Also, each Zelda game has new gadgets added to them, some of them become series mainstays. Also, the DS Zelda games are a bit different from others, and take advantage of the DS' capabilities.

Metroid changed in a similar way to Spyro. It was a 2D adventure game at first, but the Metroid Prime trilogy changed it to an FPS-puzzle and mystery solving hybrid. It still retained a sense of adventure though. Also, much like Zelda, new gadgets and armor come with different installments. Also, the recent Metroid: Other M, does a lot of new things.

Tetris hasn't really changed, but other developers borrow the formula and really spice things up.

GoW didn't really change, but again, other developers have improved the basic formula and changed it for their own games.

Half-Life hasn't changed and nobody else has borrowed the formula.

Mario, Zelda and Metroid have changed much more than Spyro.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#354 Posted: 14:06:59 06/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Need I remind some of you that this topic is for Old and New Spyro fans, who likes Spyro no matter way? If you don't like the idea of liking both Spyros despite their differences, or only likes sticking to one Spyro and his universe, then I advise you to steer clear of this topic to avoid any conflicts.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:09:59 06/11/2010 by Aura24
#355 Posted: 14:29:31 06/11/2010
I like both Spyro's equally. I was just saying to the Classic fans who come here that other franchises change too, as Razz was saying that some others haven't changed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:32 06/11/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#356 Posted: 12:22:38 07/11/2010
I wasn't trying to start anything, if that's what you're worried about.

And Aura, there was no flame war, if that's what you're worried about. We're just talking about the changes of games in a mature manner. I don't see a reason why I should get excluded from the topic. I'm not trying to start anything, and I right now, I'm talking in a mature manner. It's not as if I'm starting a huge flame war, and it's so bad that the topic may need to be closed. I should be able to chat along as long I don't start anything. And like I said, I'm trying to get myself into TLOS, by playing the games over and over, and just from that, I feel that my complaining about the series has died down quite a bit.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:40:49 09/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#357 Posted: 00:21:55 10/11/2010
^No offense but,I think Aura meant that she made this topic for people who like both series only,and you are an original fan. You're not starting a flame war but it kind of violates the rules of this topic. Razz has made some LOS hate topics recently,you could proboly post your complaints on them with less resistance.

Again,no offense,I'm just saying.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#358 Posted: 04:02:10 10/11/2010
I'm not complaining though. I'm just stating why I don't like the legend series, and like I said before, I'm trying to get myself to like it by playing it over and over, and my complains HAS died down a little, because I've realized that ANB is actually quite light hearted at the beginning.

I should be able to just chat along without getting kicked out strait away. After all, I've seen people here chat in places that isn't right for them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:03:52 10/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#359 Posted: 23:55:06 10/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I'm not complaining though. I'm just stating why I don't like the legend series, and like I said before, I'm trying to get myself to like it by playing it over and over, and my complains HAS died down a little, because I've realized that ANB is actually quite light hearted at the beginning.

I should be able to just chat along without getting kicked out strait away. After all, I've seen people here chat in places that isn't right for them.

Well personally I don't even like topics that say,"so-so's only",but there are some of them out there. Usually if you find one of those the best thing to do is listen to the rules of that topic and don't go in there if it is against you.

I thought the same thing when I posted in a LOS hate topic,but I got kicked out pretty fast.
---
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#360 Posted: 00:01:59 11/11/2010
Only allowing a certain group of people to post in your thread doesn't really make any sense.... It's an open forum; anyone is allowed to post anywhere.

That said...

Quote:
Does it really matter if Spyro didn't continue on as a platformer and moved on to action genre when the LoS was made? I don't mind the change, but I know it aggravates some fans out there.

It does matter to some people because they liked Spyro's original style of platforming gameplay, then suddenly it's something that they don't care for. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

And actually, Spyro did change quite a bit over the years and still manage to remain a platformer before (arguably) Shadow Legacy, even within the span of the first three games. Just look at the first game compared to the third; we got new playable characters, different types of gameplay, improved graphics, and more while still maintaining the classic "Spyro" feel.
#361 Posted: 00:12:17 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: crazyspyrofan
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Well personally I don't even like topics that say,"so-so's only",but there are some of them out there. Usually if you find one of those the best thing to do is listen to the rules of that topic and don't go in there if it is against you.

I thought the same thing when I posted in a LOS hate topic,but I got kicked out pretty fast.

As long as it doesn't involve one side of the Spyro series being better than the other, or opinions that are against liking both Spyros and causing disagreements, then I'm fine with that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#362 Posted: 18:50:04 11/11/2010
Hey, I know this topic has been around for a while but do you mind if I join?
I love both old and new spyro. all the arguments about "which one is better" have gotten pretty old. I saw the topic and thought, yay, more people who can actually like both spyro's!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#363 Posted: 05:22:40 12/11/2010
The wars are getting a bit ridicules, but I think they're dieing down.

But it will probably start up again when the next Spyro game is released....
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#364 Posted: 17:14:35 12/11/2010
That's because someone's always going to bash or complain about it. happens every time.. it's way too predictable.
#365 Posted: 00:22:33 13/11/2010
Ah, but if only people could see no matter how much you bash or flame the originals or Tlos it won't change anything just cuase more pointless arguments. now, I don't mind if someone is just stating they're opinion if they don.t like one side of spyro I am just fine with that the flaming is what gets a bit irritating.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#366 Posted: 02:49:41 13/11/2010
Exactly. Complaining and bashing will change nothing. At all. It simply causes uneccassary arguments. I can accept others' opinions, but when it goes as far as saying "TLoS sucks" and flaming others' opinions, it gets on my nerves. :/
I consider myself a fan of both, but when I see someone bashing and complaining for no reason whatsoever (it happens a lot around here smilie), it irritates me. I see people doing it for no obvious reason, and it almost sems like they want to start an argument. And then they get backed up by other fans that are on the same side of the fandom as them, even if they're completely wrong. I try hard not to get into the arguments, but sometimes it's hard not t put your two cents in when you're so irritated.

Right now I'm just hoping the next game will be accepted by most of the fans. Obviously, not everyone's going to be pleased, but I'm hoping it's more widely liked among the fans than DotD. Maybe it'll even draw in more fans. But I already see people complaining, when we really have barely any information at all, and the information that we do have, tells us nothing on what kind of game it is, what Universe it's in, and so on.
#367 Posted: 02:53:22 13/11/2010
I hope ever so much that this upcoming game can redeem spyro's reputation and hopefully both old and new spyro fans can enjoy it and then maybe at last all the flaming and arguments about the current condition spyro is in can die down and everyone will be able to move on...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:37 13/11/2010 by BlackNight12
#368 Posted: 02:56:30 13/11/2010
YES. Maybe people can finally forget how much they hate DotD, and even if it is another The Legend of Spyro game, maybe we can all enjoy it.
#369 Posted: 03:00:20 13/11/2010
Ahh, I wonder what the game would have been if they took there time and Krome had done it.

Then all of this might not of even happened in the first place. but, Alas they insisted on merging the companies.
---
#370 Posted: 07:44:12 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby
Exactly. Complaining and bashing will change nothing. At all. It simply causes uneccassary arguments. I can accept others' opinions, but when it goes as far as saying "TLoS sucks" and flaming others' opinions, it gets on my nerves. :/
I consider myself a fan of both, but when I see someone bashing and complaining for no reason whatsoever (it happens a lot around here smilie), it irritates me. I see people doing it for no obvious reason, and it almost seems like they want to start an argument. And then they get backed up by other fans that are on the same side of the fandom as them, even if they're completely wrong. I try hard not to get into the arguments, but sometimes it's hard not t put your two cents in when you're so irritated.

Exactly! Quoted for truth right there!

And there are some fans out there who literally start arguments, like suddenly bashing and flaming on the LoS, then put the blame on another fan for starting the argument, just so they'll have supporters back them up on something they all agree on.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:54:38 13/11/2010 by Aura24
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#371 Posted: 08:54:16 13/11/2010
Me! I love both smilie
---
Leaving, For good..
ShayminSky Ripto Gems: 943
#372 Posted: 09:04:28 13/11/2010
I love both, even though I've only played one Original Game. SL, my first DS, and Spyro, game.
#373 Posted: 10:30:26 13/11/2010
I consider myself a fan of both, but when I see someone bashing and complaining for no reason whatsoever (it happens a lot around here -_-), it irritates me. I see people doing it for no obvious reason, and it almost seems like they want to start an argument. And then they get backed up by other fans that are on the same side of the fandom as them, even if they're completely wrong. I try hard not to get into the arguments, but sometimes it's hard not t put your two cents in when you're so irritated.

Exactly! Quoted for truth right there!

And there are some fans out there who literally start arguments, like suddenly bashing and flaming on the LoS, then put the blame on another fan for starting the argument, just so they'll have supporters back them up on something they all agree on.

It's not just the original Spyro fans, you know. It's both sides that are doing it, even though it doesn't look like it. I've ran into many TLOS fans who flamed me for not liking the games, and DOTD Cynder. It drives me insane. One called me a retard just because I said that DOTD Cynder is too skinny and her chest is too big. The original fans shouldn't get picked on all the time...
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#374 Posted: 13:47:11 13/11/2010
Oh god, ANOTHER fight about which side flames more?! C'mon guys can't we just agree that ALL flamers SUCK?! Saying one side flames more than the other is just gonna start a fight; you'll get decent people who DON'T flame getting indignant and then it'll go back and forth until you have a fight!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#375 Posted: 14:10:31 13/11/2010
We weren't trying to say Original fans flame more. We know both sides do it. It's just an example.. And I was basing my example off of past experiences of my own. I wasn't trying to say Original fans flame more.
#376 Posted: 14:16:07 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Oh god, ANOTHER fight about which side flames more?! C'mon guys can't we just agree that ALL flamers SUCK?! Saying one side flames more than the other is just gonna start a fight; you'll get decent people who DON'T flame getting indignant and then it'll go back and forth until you have a fight!

We're not exactly flighting, SpyroLUVA. Be more observant please. And yes, flamers do suck.

Listen, if you don't like both Spyros, and only like one side of the Spyro franchise, then don't come on this topic. It's that simple. And yet you guys still come on here and post your pointless disagreements about the idea of liking both Spyros. Why bother coming on here? Don't waste your time. This topic isn't for one-side Spyro fans. And comments containing something that is against liking both Spyros will only cause pointless arguments. I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything related, but really, why bother posting here if you don't like both Spyros??
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:54:54 13/11/2010 by Aura24
#377 Posted: 14:17:44 13/11/2010
It's Sonic 4 all over again!
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#378 Posted: 15:57:37 13/11/2010
Aura, I think this is what started it:

It does sound like you're blaming classic fans for the flaming on this occasion, rather than flamers in general.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#379 Posted: 16:00:07 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Some classic fans do that, but I know that there are LoS fans as well who do the same thing.

And this wasn't going to turn out to be an argument, SpyroLUVA just assumed it was an argument.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:38 13/11/2010 by Aura24
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#380 Posted: 16:02:48 13/11/2010
Fair enough~

Back on topic, I just watched the TEN ending once again. Gah, I'm starting to really like Krome Cynder now. Since I've been to these boards, I've really learnt to appreciate the Legend series so much more (excluding DotD, which I'm afraid I still feel was a let down).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#381 Posted: 16:05:21 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
That's great to hear. You can appreciate both sides of Spyro on this topic, as long as it doesn't get the one-sided fans peeking on this topic riled up that will cause disagreements.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#382 Posted: 16:06:47 13/11/2010
I like both with 1 exception.
#383 Posted: 16:14:16 13/11/2010
I actually used to be an original fan.When I first played ANB I hated it becuase of all the changes they made to Spyro,but after awhile I went back and tried it again and I liked it.
---
#384 Posted: 16:28:34 13/11/2010
I just consider myself a Spyro fan in general.
#385 Posted: 16:30:16 13/11/2010
^So do I.
---
#386 Posted: 16:32:57 13/11/2010
I don't "hate" any Spyro game. I think there have been mediocre ones, but never bad ones.
---
#387 Posted: 16:55:40 13/11/2010
Exactly. An example of such for ME would be Enter the Dragon Fly, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate it.
#388 Posted: 17:18:00 13/11/2010
The same. Although I consider it the Sonic 06 of Spyro games, it's certainly not as bad as that. It's an OK game.
---
#389 Posted: 13:14:09 14/11/2010
I loved ETD. smilie

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

We're not exactly flighting, SpyroLUVA. Be more observant please. And yes, flamers do suck.

Listen, if you don't like both Spyros, and only like one side of the Spyro franchise, then don't come on this topic. It's that simple. And yet you guys still come on here and post your pointless disagreements about the idea of liking both Spyros. Why bother coming on here? Don't waste your time. This topic isn't for one-side Spyro fans. And comments containing something that is against liking both Spyros will only cause pointless arguments. I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything related, but really, why bother posting here if you don't like both Spyros??

Aura24, ether there's something you're not understanding, or you simply didn't read any of my posts, because I've already answered that question about two times, but it appears that you've ignored it, or skipped the post. And about the pointless idea of liking both, I've never done that. I've stated why I just can't like TLOS, and I've just stated the fact that I'm trying to get myself to like it, or at least not mind it. Now, I wouldn't mind having some freedom of speech without getting kicked out just for defending, if you don't mind. If you go picking on one side, don't expect everyone to agree with you, because some people just like pointing things out, like what I just did.
---
#390 Posted: 17:20:06 14/11/2010
DarkCynder.. I don't think Aura's trying to kick you out of this topic. You can discuss the positive parts of both series all you want here. She just doesn't want you to bring up how much TLoS sucks, or how much better Original is. This is a topic for why you like both series.
And the idea of liking both.. Pointless? If that's what you think, then it's pointless for you to post here, anyway. I can't see how enjoying Original Spyro and TLoS is a "pointless idea"?.. Some people have just gotten sick and tired of the stupid arguments about how much one series suck, and which side is better, and don't like to take sides unless they feel it's neccassary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:35 14/11/2010 by Darby
#391 Posted: 17:59:08 14/11/2010
^Agrees with Darby.

For me, I don't like the two of them because I don't want to take sides, I just happen to enjoy both! If it's got Spyro on the box, I'm interested!
---
#392 Posted: 18:46:57 14/11/2010 | Topic Creator
DarkCynder.. I don't think Aura's trying to kick you out of this topic. You can discuss the positive parts of both series all you want here. She just doesn't want you to bring up how much TLoS sucks, or how much better Original is. This is a topic for why you like both series.
And the idea of liking both.. Pointless? If that's what you think, then it's pointless for you to post here, anyway. I can't see how enjoying Original Spyro and TLoS is a "pointless idea"?.. Some people have just gotten sick and tired of the stupid arguments about how much one series suck, and which side is better, and don't like to take sides unless they feel it's neccassary.

Thank you, Darby. If any Spyro fans who don't like the idea of liking both Spyros, think it is pointless, or don't like changes in the Spyro franchise, then don't bother wasting your time posting here. It's THAT simple.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:54:10 14/11/2010 by Aura24
#393 Posted: 18:57:07 14/11/2010
^ they really do it just to bother the fans who like both. or so they can just complain about one side of the series. thats why they'll keep doing it.
---
#394 Posted: 19:01:44 14/11/2010 | Topic Creator
And so far, on this topic, I've seen some Old Spyro fans still posting on here about things that are not both Old and New Spyro fan-related. No offence to other Old Spyro fans..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:50 14/11/2010 by Aura24
#395 Posted: 19:05:14 14/11/2010
Yeah. Maybe I should make a "General Classic fans" topic and a "General LoS fans" topic. Would that help, do you think?
---
#396 Posted: 19:06:38 14/11/2010 | Topic Creator
No that won't do a thing. There will be arguments breaking out..
---
#397 Posted: 19:07:13 14/11/2010
I was gonna do that but then I had to stop and think it may be a disaster if los fans go on the classics topic and vice versa.
---
#398 Posted: 19:11:19 14/11/2010
Well, I have noticed that there is no topic for Classic fans to discuss random stuff about the Classic games. If there is one, it's probably a good bit down the list. I might make one anyway, for my own, personal reason.

Anyway, let's get back to discussing the greatness of Spyro!

Does the Floating Isles in DotD make anyone think of Dream Weavers from Spyro 1, or is it just me?
---
#399 Posted: 19:14:17 14/11/2010
^ never thought about it.
---
#400 Posted: 19:17:49 14/11/2010
Maybe LoS is a time before the original trilogy, and the world splitting apart caused some of the floating areas in the original trilogy to appear. Meh, never mind.
---
First | Previous | Page 8 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me