Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Would this startle you? [CLOSED]
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1 Posted: 21:23:21 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I have a question for the fans of this site. Would it startle you if the Spyro game after Spyro's Kingdom was rated Teen? And the only reason why it was rated T, was because it was only a little more violent than DoTD.

And let's say it was rated 12+ in Europe for the same reason. Then in Japan it could be rated B. In Australia it could have PG on it, same goes for New Zealand.

In Brazil I'd say that it would not be for young children, more like 10+.

How surprised would you be?
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2 Posted: 21:26:11 11/11/2010
I would love a Spyro game with those kind of ratings. Well, maybe not with Classic Spyro but definitly with LoS!
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#3 Posted: 21:38:31 11/11/2010
well maybe it would startle me. but a Spyro game that would be rated M. now that would freak me out.
CynderClaw Green Sparx Gems: 160
#4 Posted: 21:45:09 11/11/2010
Same here.---( message two)
But for little kids it wont be a good idea to get the game for the kid's fourth birthday.
If people arn't really affected by the violence and they are old enough, the're parents are ok with the game (mine would), and if the person wishing to buy it is mature enough then it's ok.
I hope that made, at least, a little bit of sence.
---
As night rose, the town's people heard a blood thersty howl, only to find a cold, lifeless, bloody body. It had retured. The Black Dog.-CynderClaw
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:48:08 11/11/2010 by CynderClaw
#5 Posted: 21:48:32 11/11/2010
Yeah, I think LoS has to break free of the kids market in order to reach it's full potential!
---
#6 Posted: 22:03:16 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Actually though, I think that the developers and writers have to be less lazy. That and it being for older kids, so it has the full potential.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#7 Posted: 22:04:19 11/11/2010
I wouldn't be surprised, just disappointed, and I'd probably roll my eyes so hard they'd pop out.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#8 Posted: 22:21:58 11/11/2010
I would be thinking "they have got to be kidding now. how is this even spyro."

To tell you the truth it would be hard to pick the game up.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Jade Wolf Green Sparx Gems: 420
#9 Posted: 22:24:50 11/11/2010
Meh, ratings don't really matter unless it's nudity or something. That's one thing that mentally disturbs me. But I most certainly wouldn't mind if a Spyro game was rated T just for violence. I think that's as far as it should go for a Spyro game, though.
#10 Posted: 22:31:17 11/11/2010
I would be fine with mild to moderate sexual references. I mean, the Shrek movies have that and they're still rated PG. And the Simpsons Movie lets you see Bart's you-know-what completly in the nip, and it's still PG. Besides, I have a hardened mind anyway. Even the dirtiest Spyro fan art doesn't faze me.

I just think it would make the storyline, especially the romance aspects, that much more interesting. It doesn't even need blood and guts. They're just for show anyway.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#11 Posted: 22:36:38 11/11/2010
Not very surprised, really.

Kingdom Hearts was rated 12+, and any game starring Mickey Mouse isn't going to be truly violent smilie

But having said that, I would be feeling as though I'm 'losing' Spyro, so to speak.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#12 Posted: 22:53:32 11/11/2010
Meh, I like seeing Spyro mature. It feels like he is growing up with me, and when I play the old games, it's like looking at old photos of family and friends!

Aherm.... moving on from my moment of weirdness...
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#13 Posted: 23:08:36 11/11/2010
I wouldn't mind, but maybe be a bit surprised.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#14 Posted: 23:18:43 11/11/2010
more violence?
Sexual references??!
...in a game about a cartoony... purple... dragon??

[User Posted Image]
#15 Posted: 23:19:42 11/11/2010
It all depends on what it's rated Teen for, and personal preference.
#16 Posted: 23:20:16 11/11/2010
I said it didn't need more violence, but it wouldn't bother me.
And as I said, many kids stuff have sexual references these days.
---
#17 Posted: 23:27:03 11/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182

I wasn't pointing specifically to you,
but I find the overall idea of Spyro going for Teen/Mature rating/even more seriousness just plain pointless and dumb(but thats just me)
Sega tried that with SHtH and 06...and look what happened
#18 Posted: 23:29:44 11/11/2010
That game was rushed like CRAZY!

And it works better with Spyro because he's a dragon in a fantasy setting. Sonic is a hedgehog in a modern day setting. Yeah...

Although, I understand that Classic fans don't want Spyro to be "messed" with.
---
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#19 Posted: 23:32:41 11/11/2010
Quote: Forgotten World
Actually though, I think that the developers and writers have to be less lazy. That and it being for older kids, so it has the full potential.
I know. Looking at how much effort was thrown into TLOS from my experince, I don't give a rat's tail what auidence their aiming at until they actullay try to make it a good game.
#20 Posted: 23:52:41 11/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Yeah, and that's exactly why the world's full of dirty perverts and that's all that's on their minds. It's quite disturbing, really, to know that... THAT is all the human race is obsessed with nowadays. Well, even way back when we were.
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#21 Posted: 23:55:14 11/11/2010
A T rated Spyro game wouldn't scare me too much. Probably just violence and a little blood.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#22 Posted: 01:05:12 12/11/2010
It would depend on what it's T rated for. I'm fine with violence ( as long as it's not really bloody; I have a very weak stomach) and some mild language, but nothing else.

Sexual themes really anger me because I see them everywhere I look nowadays, and it's disgusting, IMO. Plus, being female, all it does is make me feel like females are just something to look at and 'play' with. Ugh... In other words, if it had sexual themes, it better very, very mild, or I'm going to be very, very angry.

But that's just me. smilie
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#23 Posted: 01:23:17 12/11/2010
Quote: Forgotten World
I have a question for the fans of this site. Would it startle you if the Spyro game after Spyro's Kingdom was rated Teen? And the only reason why it was rated T, was because it was only a little more violent than DoTD.

And let's say it was rated 12+ in Europe for the same reason. Then in Japan it could be rated B. In Australia it could have PG on it, same goes for New Zealand.

In Brazil I'd say that it would not be for young children, more like 10+.

How surprised would you be?

I'd love it if it became seriously-serious and had a great plot/gameplay/ect.. But alas I have doubts

Quote: IsisStormDragon
It would depend on what it's T rated for. I'm fine with violence ( as long as it's not really bloody; I have a very weak stomach) and some mild language, but nothing else.

Sexual themes really anger me because I see them everywhere I look nowadays, and it's disgusting, IMO. Plus, being female, all it does is make me feel like females are just something to look at and 'play' with. Ugh... In other words, if it had sexual themes, it better very, very mild, or I'm going to be very, very angry.

Some sexual references/acts are ok in some media, and yes, I agree with your point, some people defining women as objects. Completely disrispectful and I never see a girl like it. If I do I blame hormones.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#24 Posted: 01:36:37 12/11/2010
Far from being startled, I guess it would have to have an X rating( or whatever its called after M) to actually startle me.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#25 Posted: 02:08:00 12/11/2010
^ In video games the rating is A-O...at least in America.

@topic: I would be surprised but not startled.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:08:40 12/11/2010 by Spyros Dagger
#26 Posted: 02:34:39 12/11/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon

I second this.
#27 Posted: 02:56:13 12/11/2010
Come on, for goodness sakes people this is spyro here! In other games, sure, but in spyro seriously, how on earth would spyro have such violence and sexual content in it.

I'm sorry but if I saw a spyro game with this kind of content in it I would chuck it out of a window.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#28 Posted: 05:55:47 12/11/2010
Quote: Kimbia28
more violence?
Sexual references??!

[User Posted Image]

You madam (sir? o.o) are fantastic. smilie

Honestly, I thought the level of violence in the LoS games, especially DotD, was inappropriate as it was. This is a series of kids' games here. If you want a T-rated dragon game, go play Drakengard or...well, every other dragon game that exists. Spyro is the only kids' game about dragons I've ever seen. Let's not ruin it with pointless violence/sexuality/etc. If you want that, there's tons of it on FF.net and several adult-oriented sites.
#29 Posted: 09:00:10 12/11/2010
Quote: Razz
more violence?
Sexual references??!

[User Posted Image]

Honestly, I thought the level of violence in the LoS games, especially DotD, was inappropriate as it was. This is a series of kids' games here. If you want a T-rated dragon game, go play Drakengard or...well, every other dragon game that exists. Spyro is the only kids' game about dragons I've ever seen. Let's not ruin it with pointless violence/sexuality/etc. If you want that, there's tons of it on FF.net and several adult-oriented sites.

Very true point, but then again, in DotD with all the graphic details, the plot and certain other elements, the level of violance was only to be expected IMO.
---
#30 Posted: 09:34:17 12/11/2010
You can be photorealistic (or whatever passes it for it these days, because nothing about DotD was realistic in any way) without being violent. LoS was inappropriately violent from the start, but at least in ANB and TEN we had a lighter art style and a few attempts at humor to brighten things up. DotD was just wallowing in its own wishful thinking (i.e., it wished it was God of War, wished really, really hard).
#31 Posted: 09:40:40 12/11/2010
You can be photorealistic (or whatever passes it for it these days, because nothing about DotD was realistic in any way) without being violent. LoS was inappropriately violent from the start, but at least in ANB and TEN we had a lighter art style and a few attempts at humor to brighten things up. DotD was just wallowing in its own wishful thinking (i.e., it wished it was God of War, wished really, really hard).

I would of found that cool TBH, if it was like that.
---
#32 Posted: 09:44:31 12/11/2010
Wait, like what? More like ANB/TEN? Or even more like God of War than it already was? o.o
#33 Posted: 09:49:38 12/11/2010
I've never played GoW but if I get you right, I think the Legend series should have been like DotD graphically, with a lot of action and better plot. But that's my view of it.
---
#34 Posted: 10:22:12 12/11/2010
Er, no, that's not what I was saying. I think DotD was garbage and an obvious attempt to imitate far superior games. It was better artistically and story-wise when Krome Studios was developing it.
#35 Posted: 14:22:20 12/11/2010
more violence?
Sexual references??!

[User Posted Image]

hehe correct, I'm a girl X3

and yea I agree with your points :0
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#36 Posted: 16:55:34 12/11/2010
Quote: Cynder_fan
more violence?
Sexual references??!

[User Posted Image]

Very true point, but then again, in DotD with all the graphic details, the plot and certain other elements, the level of violance was only to be expected IMO.

NOSTALGIA CRITIC IS NOT PLEASED. smilie
Anyway, I couldn't agree more with Razz. I may have said I don't care about what level of innapropriateness will be in the next Spyro game, but to bring pointless voilence/se*uality into it would be just wrong. That's something all the horrible movies *Cough*The Losers*Cough* pull when they know their auidence will be bored out of their skulls with their dumb plot.
And I don't really see any hardcore volience in DOTD. I've seen a lot worse, so the "volience" in DOTD seems to be really mild compared to what I am used to. I mean, there was no blood whatsoever, so I don't see the big deal.
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#37 Posted: 20:45:32 12/11/2010
If done they way Jak and Daxter - Jak II was, I probably wouldn't mind too much.

*shrug*

As long as the game's good/fun to play.
#38 Posted: 21:11:17 12/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh and by the way. A game aimed only at older children gets a lot less money than a game meant for teens. or teens and adult s combined, depending on what it is all about.

Remember Guitar hero, it made millions of copies and made more in the series. Final fantasy did the same thing, and they became one of the most successful business in the 1990's. Kingdom Hearts is rated E10+, but it is mainly meant for teens and some adults. all of these games sold extremely well.

Get the point? Well maybe they should make the first game for children, that tends to make money as well. And the next one meant for teens and adults, as long as it isn't too violent.

I really hope they make the Spyro Game after the next, more dark.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:56 12/11/2010 by Forgotten World
#39 Posted: 21:54:32 12/11/2010
^Agrees with Forgotten World. At least if were talking about LoS universe.

I noticed that the classic fans are mostly ranting on my comment. I was referring to an LoS setting. It shouldn't matter to you guys, as you probably won't buy it.
---
#40 Posted: 22:17:45 12/11/2010
Me actually I don't care if it's the originals or tlos it's still spyro and spyro has been and should stay a childrens game. I play all kinds of games with all kinds of different ratings but if I see spyro go past E10+ Los spyro or not I will be VERY,VERY dissapointed.
---
#41 Posted: 22:24:16 12/11/2010
^ *headdesks*
---
#42 Posted: 23:07:15 12/11/2010
Er, no, that's not what I was saying. I think DotD was garbage and an obvious attempt to imitate far superior games. It was better artistically and story-wise when Krome Studios was developing it.

I meant what I said was my personal opinion of what LoS shoulda been...
---
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#43 Posted: 06:44:26 13/11/2010
You know, it wouldn't startle me for say, but that would depend on the content. If they didn't do it in the right way it would of course, but if they do is correctly it could be fine.
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#44 Posted: 07:08:23 13/11/2010
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH-HAHAHAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! When pigs fly will spyro be rated highly innapropriate. smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#45 Posted: 13:54:07 13/11/2010
No, Spyro's a KID'S game. Making it T rated would cause them to loose a LARGE portion of their buyers. Spyro's strayed far and long from what I personally think he should be enough as it is. We do NOT need him to be T or M rated.
If ii were T rated it would be like cornys said decent of done right but terribl if done wrong. A little blood, the odd curse, fine. Constant gore, nonstop and pointless swaering and (ugh!) sexuality, then we'd have nothing more than something perves could drool over and masturbate to, not to mention a very generic dragon game in terms of the violence.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#46 Posted: 14:07:24 13/11/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
No, Spyro's a KID'S game. Making it T rated would cause them to loose a LARGE portion of their buyers. Spyro's strayed far and long from what I personally think he should be enough as it is. We do NOT need him to be T or M rated.
If ii were T rated it would be like cornys said decent of done right but terribl if done wrong. A little blood, the odd curse, fine. Constant gore, nonstop and pointless swaering and (ugh!) sexuality, then we'd have nothing more than something perves could drool over and masturbate to, not to mention a very generic dragon game in terms of the violence.

The question is how many people pay attention to the ratings when they buy games too. You know, it might not even turn many kids away from the game reguardless. I'd rather it be "E" myself though
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#47 Posted: 14:12:35 13/11/2010
How many people pay attention? Well, last weekend I saw a guy buy some XBox shooter or another for his...he looked to be about six...year old.

Also, SSBB was a T game, wasn't it? That didn't really have anything you lot say would be in a T game.
---
Eh.
#48 Posted: 14:14:43 13/11/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Obviously spyro wouldn't become that, but rather, it's be wht you said first of all. That's the game I want, but alas..
---
#49 Posted: 14:15:11 13/11/2010
I really don't care what it is, as long as the gameplay is fun. And sexual reference doesn't mean potraying girls as "sex toys". It could just be a funny joke that at least vaguely makes a reference to something sexual. Even LittleBigPlanet has one in a tutorial video.
---
#50 Posted: 14:18:20 13/11/2010
Kids these days play higher rated games these days.
And the people who've grown up with Spyro, most likely started as playing Spyro the Dragon back in 1998. By now, they'll be a lot older. Franchises change. I'm not saying they should make it rated Teen, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be too surprised if they did. I think if they rated it Teen, they'd gain a lot more older fans, and keep the fans that grew up with it who don't mind change. I don't see Spyro going back to a kids game as it is anyway. That's just my opinion. And I myself wouldn't mind it being rated T. I myself enjoy more serious games. So like I said, it all depends on personal preference. Not to mention how they pull it off, and what it's rated T for. If it was rated T for violence, I wouldn't mind, That's what a lot of Video Games are these days and I won't complain. If it's rated T for a few sexual references and a little more adult humor, I won't complain either. There's already plenty of hidden adult humor in Kids movies and games that only the adults pick up anyway.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me