Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
i realzied somthing [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#51 Posted: 03:21:04 03/11/2010
Oh! Yeah, that probably wasn't a coincidence. The game seems to want to hammer it home that "twu wuv!" saved the planet.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#52 Posted: 03:29:21 03/11/2010
Yeah, it didn't seem like a coincidence to me, it was most likely intentional.
It seems to me like they were hinting that as Cynder said "I love you.", it was also like her words sparked the hope Spyro needed, and he was able to pull the world back together at that moment. That's how it always seemed to me, and I'm not sayng that just because I'm a Spyro and Cynder shipper, but just because that seemed intentional. Mehh, to anti Spyro/Cynder people out there, that probably sounds really corny..
Anyway, It's really noticeable as you watch the video. It just depends what you think of Spyro and Cynder's relationship whether or not you like that ending I suppose.. But I don't want to start an argument over Spyro and Cynder's relationship in Dawn of the Dragon, I just wanted to share my thoughts on that scene.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:40:28 03/11/2010 by Darby
#53 Posted: 04:12:40 03/11/2010
Nope, doesn't sound corny, it just gives me more ammo when I say they were trying way too hard to cram that pairing down our throats. smilie
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#54 Posted: 09:56:04 03/11/2010
The pairing was obvious. My friend said, and I quote "You know when she says "I love you"? How obvious was it that she was goign to say it!". At the time I laughed with him, but it's pretty true.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#55 Posted: 10:43:39 03/11/2010
Oh yeah, it was very obvious. I can't believe so few people didn't see it coming from the end of ANB onwards.
#56 Posted: 17:16:38 03/11/2010
The way I discovered TLoS was by watching clips of Dawn of the Dragon, one of which was the "I love you" clip, but I'm sure if I hadn't watched that, I would have seen it coming.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#57 Posted: 20:52:59 03/11/2010
It's definitly not the reflection of Spyro's light. When Spyro started the fury, there was a big burst of light and the whole crystal lit up for a second. Then you see that light around Cynder's mouth, and that becomes the only area of the screen that has a light as strong as Spyro's magic. Also, if we look at things realistically, the light should actually blind the camera as soon as Spyro emits that initial burst of light, as we can clearly see that the light went out from all around him.

As for the thing around the planet, although Razz's theory could be right, it does seem like the light was meant represent Spyro and Cynder's bond. I mean seiously, the game was desinged with 10-12 year olds as it's target audience, not physics students. I doubt they had realism in their minds when making this scene. It's primary purpose was to seal the deal on SpyroXCynder. Also, it's not like the engine utilized global illumination. It uses real-time lighting. It's not possible for the scene to have lighting that accurate. The game was rushed out, after all.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#58 Posted: 22:05:16 03/11/2010
When you do your fury breath, and Spyro and Cynder are surrounded in their orbs, Spyro's is light purple and and Cynder's is a dark Blue/Purple color, just like the Orb surrounding the Earth at the end of Dawn of the Dragon. I also think that was intentional.
#59 Posted: 22:22:07 03/11/2010
So do I. Although Razz's theory is a good one, I doubt they were going for an exact replica of what the light may look like in real life. It was a romantic imagery IMO.
---
#60 Posted: 23:11:45 03/11/2010
Yeah, it's a good theory, but I somehow doubt that's the case.

I wonder how many other hidden things they snuck into the game about Spyro and Cynder's relationship, or just in general..
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#61 Posted: 03:31:52 04/11/2010 | Topic Creator
its not cynder helping thats for sure
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#62 Posted: 03:48:40 04/11/2010
ok i think the red dragon was a noob being a Liberian
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#63 Posted: 03:51:37 04/11/2010 | Topic Creator
WTF???
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#64 Posted: 18:30:01 04/11/2010
Again, TLOS is:
A ) Spyro's dream
B ) One's of Spyro's fruends dream
C ) Someone's else, who is in o.uni dream
D ) Novel in o.uni
E ) Movie in o.uni

Either way, Moneybags wen't AVGN when he had to critize it

[User Posted Image]
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:30 04/11/2010 by matesds
#65 Posted: 19:44:13 04/11/2010
Well, you can see the two glancing at each other, or, to put in street talk, "checkin' each other out", in some cutscenes. Another thing I noticed was that whenever Spyro showed the slightest hint of being upset, Cynder was quick to try reassure him. I don't know if that second one was intentional though.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#66 Posted: 20:16:16 04/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
They are just plain alive IMO. Anyone else notice that when Spyro started pulling the world back together, Cynder was raising her head and a big light came from her mouth? Keep your eye on Cynder at 1:58

Saw it; I think it was just an error. Maybe the purple light reflecting off her collar. It is shiny and reflective you know.

AAARGH! Sorry, but that 'I love you' STILL annoys the hell out of me!!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#67 Posted: 20:27:00 04/11/2010
I don't think it was a mistake, I think it was intentional. But I don't think it was Cynder helping. It wasn't Cynder helping.

Either..
1. Right after that light came from her mouth, she said "I love you" and that's exactly when Spyro's Orb spread across the Earth rapidly suggesting "I love you" gave Spyro the last bit of courage he needed to save the Earth. So the light came from her mouth as she said the "I love you" line, but we saw the light first since the speed of light is super fast and so on. If you watch that clip and keep what I said in mind, I think it's highly possible that was what the game makers intended. I think it's supposed to be symbolic, as corny as it sounds to non Cynder x Spyro fans
(But I'm not trying to discuss how cheesy that is to non Cynder fans.. I just think that's a possibility and that maybe it was intentional.)
2. It was Spyro's Orb, pulling her in just like in the end of TEN, but we only saw it on her mouth before she dissapeared behind that rock.

That's all I can think of.
#68 Posted: 20:34:08 04/11/2010
I don't think she helped him pull the earth together(though it's possible). I think she saved their lives somehow. She probably blasted them out right before the earth closed up. That would explain the way she lifted her head up and that light appeared. She was charging up a blast.

I also noticed a few similarities between this game and Sonic Unleashed. And the two games were released around the same time.
---
#69 Posted: 20:36:58 04/11/2010
I've actually never played a Sonic game, so I wouldn't know smilie

And your idea is possible. What I would really really want, is if in the next game, they showed this scene again, and what happened after it ended. Then we could know for sure.
#70 Posted: 20:46:14 04/11/2010
That would be a great intro scene! Give fans the chance to relive that touching moment between Spyro and Cynder at a more closer perspective.

Another reason why I think they are alive and well is because in the special ending, you can see the Cheetah Village within the Valley of Avalar. The camera was placed where you meet the elite enemy for the Valley of Avalar.

Wait... I think I figured out who the camera man is!
---
#71 Posted: 20:59:52 04/11/2010
I agree that it would make a great intro scene. It could show the ending scene of DotD, and continue beyond what we saw in DotD. And throughout the game, it could clear up some plotholes and show flashbacks.
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#72 Posted: 23:14:04 04/11/2010
Quote: Gwenio
If he is not listed in the book of the dead then they are alive. That is all it meant.

Yeah. It's kind fo sad to say, but TLOS isn't that deep. It's pretty easy to see that barely any effort was thrown into the games.
#73 Posted: 01:36:35 05/11/2010
Can we avoid talking about how the creators were lazy, and how TLoS sucks? It just starts arguments..
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#74 Posted: 01:38:12 05/11/2010
Quote: ignitusforever
If he is not listed in the book of the dead then they are alive. That is all it meant.

Yeah. It's kind fo sad to say, but TLOS isn't that deep. It's pretty easy to see that barely any effort was thrown into the games.

It seems to me to have been a matter of time/budget contraints, rather than a lack of effort.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#75 Posted: 01:54:36 05/11/2010

Ignitusforever, do you have to flame about the LoS series here?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:07:01 05/11/2010 by Aura24
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#76 Posted: 03:37:27 06/11/2010
Quote: Aura24

Ignitusforever, do you have to flame about the LoS series here?

He/she should be able to say what he/she wants about TLOS without getting yelled at.

Things won't turn into an argument if people just IGNORE the comments in the first place.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#77 Posted: 03:46:04 06/11/2010
Not unless it unintentionally causes an argument.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#78 Posted: 11:24:50 06/11/2010
Ignitusforever does have that right..
I don't like how an original fan comes trashing TLoS.. then passes the blame to anyone either sticking up for the game, trying to avoid an argument, or both..
#79 Posted: 13:25:40 06/11/2010
^This. I don't see why some fans do that, putting the blame on someone else for causing conflicts, just to avoid being yelled at by other fans themselves. Some fans I've known had done the same thing, and they were in fact Old Spyro fans.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:12:01 06/11/2010 by Aura24
#80 Posted: 15:10:28 06/11/2010
As DarkCynder_543 said, people who don't like those comments can ignore them. I can honestly say it's been a long time since I've seen anyone flame someone just for liking LOS and standing up for it. Posting opposing opinions yes, flaming no. I don't recall seeing anyone place blame either.

@Gwenio: Maybe so, but it is still the fault of the producers for poor planning. They didn't HAVE to hire super expesive hollywood actors to do the voices, and if they hadn't they would have had more money for proper writers, and a better game in general in terms of non oversimplistic gameplay and wider levels.
---
#81 Posted: 15:16:07 06/11/2010
Ignitusforever tried to put the blame on me for starting a fight on another topic, when he or she obviously came barging in with the flaming.
---
#82 Posted: 15:18:32 06/11/2010
So take the high road and forget about it; don't even respond.
---
#83 Posted: 15:29:11 06/11/2010
Fine, but I have a feeling this will be repeated in the future..
---
#84 Posted: 15:48:28 06/11/2010
Yeah so what? Life goes on; if you don't want to fight just don't. You don't even have to look on silently; if it bugs you just ignore it.
---
#85 Posted: 15:52:14 06/11/2010
You're not just saying this to defend ignitusforever, are you? I'm just asking.
---
#86 Posted: 15:55:01 06/11/2010
T.T NO.

I'm just sick of all this B.S. People like you try to stop the fighting by trying to convince people not to do it but it never works and often results in more fighting. The best way to end a fight is just not fight at all. Get what I'm saying.
---
#87 Posted: 16:00:40 06/11/2010
People like me? People like me who don't spend their time arguing and repeatedly quarreling about which side character is better than the other like a bunch of children, and still rage and complain about something that happened two years ago? Well, there's bound to be someone starting a fight, SpyroLUVA. It goes on and on as long as fans have different opinions, and one blurting out their hate for a part of the franchise all of a sudden.

Meh, whatever. Let's just get back on topic..
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:18:33 06/11/2010 by Aura24
#88 Posted: 16:17:51 06/11/2010
Darby, that is one of the reasons I would love a TLoS RPG! They could use the long playtime to give us a really meaty story. Instead of releasing "The Legend of Malefor" or "The Legend of Cynder", just make a long RPG that explains a few things about the past games, aswell as giving us more great LoS moments!
---
#89 Posted: 16:22:00 06/11/2010
That unless Activision really cares what the entire Spyro community needs, but they're money-driven.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:00 06/11/2010 by Aura24
#90 Posted: 16:29:08 06/11/2010
Quote: Aura24
People like me? People like me who don't spend their time arguing and repeatedly quarreling about which side character is better than the other like a bunch of children, and still rage and complain about something that happened two years ago? Well, there's bound to be someone starting a fight, SpyroLUVA. It goes on and on as long as fans have different opinions, and one blurting out their hate for a part of the franchise all of a sudden.

Meh, whatever. Let's just get back on topic..

No, I mean people like you who always try to convince people not to fight (thereby getting involved in the fight to a degree) even though it is evident given what has happened in the past with spammers and flamers that it is a useless (albiet well meaning) effort. You are right in say it's bound to happen. Thus there's no point expending any time or effort on trying to prevent or stop it. Best just to move on and enjoy the company of the people who don't behave in any way you dislike. Get me?
---
#91 Posted: 16:32:53 06/11/2010
Yes I suppose..
---
#92 Posted: 17:33:06 06/11/2010
I know, but I can dream, can't I! smilie
---
#93 Posted: 01:25:24 07/11/2010
I was saying that if a TLoS fan trashed or made a negative comment about the Original games, they would get yelled at, but when an Original Fan trashes TLoS, they pass the blame to whoever responds, and TLoS fans are told they're wrong for "getting involved", then other Original fans back up the Original fan who started the whole thing. I am not saying all Original fans are like this, but I see it happen constantly, and the people who do so happen to be Original fans. I'm sorry.. It just.. Bugs me.

ANYWAY.
I've probably asked this before but can someone re-explain to me what exactly an RPG is?
Quote:
Darby, that is one of the reasons I would love a TLoS RPG! They could use the long playtime to give us a really meaty story. Instead of releasing "The Legend of Malefor" or "The Legend of Cynder", just make a long RPG that explains a few things about the past games, aswell as giving us more great LoS moments!

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. They can include flashbacks, have explanations snuck in there, as well as new scenes (:
#94 Posted: 01:30:43 07/11/2010
Quote: Darby

ANYWAY.
I've probably asked this before but can someone re-explain to me what exactly an RPG is?

That is the subject of a great debate. It stands for 'Role Playing Game', but there is some contention as to what constitutes role playing.
#95 Posted: 01:32:16 07/11/2010
And what exactly is a Role Playing game? smilie I'm an idiot.
#96 Posted: 01:34:39 07/11/2010
Quote: Darby
And what exactly is a Role Playing game? smilie I'm an idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

It boils down to 'you play as a character', and then gets more specific as you get into the sub-genre.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:35 07/11/2010 by Gwenio
#97 Posted: 01:38:17 07/11/2010
An RPG video game, at it's most basic form, is a game that revolves around developing your characters. At first, this only meant their stats could be upgraded and the game would follow a set story but with todays technology, we have RPGs that let us choose our own paths and have branching upgrade systems, like the Fable games.
---
#98 Posted: 01:46:12 07/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
An RPG video game, at it's most basic form, is a game that revolves around developing your characters. At first, this only meant their stats could be upgraded and the game would follow a set story but with todays technology, we have RPGs that let us choose our own paths and have branching upgrade systems, like the Fable games.

And that is playing a role how exactly? One of the more debated matters is if games that have what you describe but no story/choices that matter are RPGs or not.
#99 Posted: 02:07:25 07/11/2010
It's considered playing a role because your characters grow and develop. Just like real people grow and develop. You know the way RPG heroes get strength upgrades as you battle through the game? Well, it's just like working out in the gym or practicing martial arts or boxing. RPG heroes get stat boosts and learn new moves, in real life you get physically stronger and learn new skills. You're still playing a role, even if there is no story choice. Because your character is developing, just like a real living person.

And in Fable, you can have a gay sex orgy, choose if you want to use a condom, have kids, get married to more than one person even if they are the same gender as your character, own a dog, play with your dog and kids, do random expressions at anytime, as well as more stuff, including your usual RPG fare.

How's that for Role-Playing? smilie

I am not saying all that just to be dirty. I was just giving an example of a very advanced RPG game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:31 07/11/2010 by sonicbrawler182
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#100 Posted: 03:30:16 07/11/2010
I think the dark part was the dark side of the world. The light side was in day, and the dark side was in night.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me