Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Villainess Treatment in the Spyro Franchise
Page 1 of 1
Villainess Treatment in the Spyro Franchise [CLOSED]
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#1 Posted: 18:50:52 27/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes, I nearly totally messed up the game, so let me vent the name here where I'm safe; CYNDER CYNDER CYNDER CYNDER CYNDER. I felt this topic is worth the discussion so if the game is lost, the thought can still be open.

*Ahem* Anyway, villainesses. Not got a great track record, do they? Have we ever had a recurring villainess before (ie stays alive as a baddie, does not do a heel face turn nor only appear in one game before disappearing)? Would you like a new PERMANENT villainess? What would she be like?
---
Eh.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2 Posted: 19:01:51 27/10/2010
Some sort of wise dragoness who knows a lot about the world. They could have a bit of a seductive personality and figure, and trys to mess with Spyro's head using both her intelligence and her seductive charm. She would be a bit of a femme fatale.

In another thread called "Create Your Own Spyro Game", I outlined my ideas for a TLoS RPG. I have lots of ideas for both story and gameplay, some I never even wrote down, but never really thought of an antagonist (Although Malefor would make a return). Because of this thread, I went out of my way to think of a villain, so thanks! smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#3 Posted: 19:46:13 27/10/2010
Hahaha! smilie Dratted black/gray/blue/purple wretch tries to get into everything, doesn't she? smilie

I'd love to see a recurring villainess in the series. The Sorceress always stood out to me as pretty much the most evil character in the entire franchise (she didn't want to take over the world, she just wanted to rip the wings off baby dragons so she could live forever o.O). It was a bit disappointing that later games in the franchise either used Ripto (with the occasional appearance of Gnasty Gnorc) or created new male villains out of whole cloth instead of bringing her back.

When I was first playing ANB, I was hoping that the Dark Master would turn out to be a similar sort of conniving puppet master to the Sorceress. Alas, it was not meant to be. D: I also had hopes that Cynder would remain or return to being a villain (since that was pretty much her only good role in the series). If she had turned out to be the Dark Master or had at least knowingly betrayed someone just once, I'd have a lot more respect for her than I do.

So we've had two kinds of female villains in Spyro: the older, almost motherly, conniving villainess of the Sorceress and the seductive, crafty almost-villain of Dark Cynder. (I guess Ineptune sort of counts, but she was mostly just a minion who was all talk and no menace.) It'd be nice to see a female villain in the series who wasn't all about sensuality the way Dark Cynder is, but who isn't just a bitter old lady like the Sorceress.

My vote? Either a kindly old lady villain who seems sweet right until she stabs you in the back or a sweet young-seeming kid villain (who is probably a lot older than she looks) who twists everyone around her little finger until the moment she's ready to strike.

Alas, I suspect that's the sort of villain that's too advanced for a kids game. Frankly, I'd settle for just a female villain who was at the top of the food chain for a change (none of this "puppet of masculine evil" garbage we got with Cynder).
#4 Posted: 19:50:04 27/10/2010
I haven't played ANB, so I don't know what Cynder is like as an evil dragon. But she still managed to become my favourite fictional character anyway, so YAY! smilie
---
#5 Posted: 19:53:36 27/10/2010
She was actually pretty cool when she was evil, one of the scarier villains in the series. I liked how malicious and uncaring she came across as.
#6 Posted: 20:05:58 27/10/2010
I did see some clips of her. She seems cool. I love the way she puts on a sexy, seductive voice sometimes. Also, she looks like kind of like a human in terms of her build. DotD Cynder kind of has it too.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#7 Posted: 20:25:16 27/10/2010 | Topic Creator
And we're all omitting Bianca. That darn wabbit and her mutating tricks. Yes, she did fall under well intentioned extremist, but that still counts as a villain.
---
Eh.
#8 Posted: 20:53:32 27/10/2010
Anyone think I should come up with a name and appearance for that dragoness I described above? (Not right now, but sometime)
---
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#9 Posted: 22:42:21 27/10/2010
Permanent villainess! YES YES YES!!! The villainess' of a movie/game/show is my favorite! (ex: Shego is my fave character of everything, so obviously i like the villainesses) I think Legend series should introduce Bianca as a long-term villain, imo.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#10 Posted: 04:30:53 28/10/2010
Man, if Bianca stayed a villain but still loved Hunter, wouldn't that make for an awesome twist on their relationship? smilie

Yay, Shego! And I'm with you about loving the female villains. I'm a Tomb Raider fan, not because of Lara Croft (though she helps), but because her first villain, Jacqueline Natla, was just that friggin' awesome.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#11 Posted: 18:42:03 29/10/2010
Child villian, who is really a really old...
Such as Pride from FMA?

Abou reccuring villianess...

I had idea about "thunderstruck crazy", crazy awesome young dragoness, who is "that kind of stalker" for Spyro (Who is still underage, so, paedo to the mix?)... And just before she goes "villiany," she stoles Spyro's, mildly, reproductive cells... "Gene kleptomania, whut?" And injects them to number of dragoness, of course in way without rosing up suspicions... She basically wants "her own" Spyro. But, all will hatch and are girls... UNSTPPABLE RAEG!!!
Here Razz, idea for story, would 'cha apcept it? Would be interesting what such of gread artist would do with this mess, especially to be E rated... (with subtle innuendo, of course smilie)
Crazy am I. Now in sure version!
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:27 29/10/2010 by matesds
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#12 Posted: 19:17:48 29/10/2010
It would be cool if they actually had a reoccuring villianess,but TBH it seems like the Spyro franchise has a lack of female characters in general.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#13 Posted: 20:29:54 29/10/2010
Sorry, Matesds, but I've already got my plate full with stories and I'm not into anything involving under age girls and the slightest hint of inappropriate behavior. Besides, if I worked on this, she'd be older and she'd forget Spyro and just have a harem of girls. smilie

re: girls in Spyro

There were actually a lot of them early on:
Elora
Bianca
Sorceress
dozens of baby dragons
dozens of NPCs
dozens of enemies
Nanny
Kaitlin
Ember
Ineptune

And that's just off the top of my head. It's LoS that has no girls (okay, it's got one and a half: Cynder and Nina, and that's it).
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#14 Posted: 21:02:00 29/10/2010
Quote: Razz
Sorry, Matesds, but I've already got my plate full with stories and I'm not into anything involving under age girls and the slightest hint of inappropriate behavior. Besides, if I worked on this, she'd be older and she'd forget Spyro and just have a harem of girls. smilie

Elora
Bianca
Sorceress
dozens of baby dragons
dozens of NPCs
dozens of enemies
Nanny
Kaitlin
Ember
Ineptune

And that's just off the top of my head. It's LoS that has no girls (okay, it's got one and a half: Cynder and Nina, and that's it).

Don't forget the Voice from White Isle in TEN.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#15 Posted: 21:22:38 29/10/2010
Huh. I never even registered that as a character. I figured it was just the Chronicler messing with Spyro's mind (he does that a lot) since the voice was Cynder's.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#16 Posted: 21:31:59 29/10/2010
I don't think of it as a character either, but it is a female voice. . . so I just thought their were more females in LOS, not like that's a bad thing. I mean geeze, even I would be freaked out if there only two females in the entire world o_o!
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#17 Posted: 21:33:15 29/10/2010
Having only three doesn't make it any better. D: Heh, maybe that's Nina talking. smilie
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#18 Posted: 21:35:34 29/10/2010
I know this is going off subject a little but,Has anyone else ever wondered what happened to Nina and Flash?They were at the beginning of ANB then they were just gone.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#19 Posted: 22:09:43 29/10/2010
All the time! I think they died, though. D: The Burned Lands is right where the Swamp used to be and we don't see any other dragonflies ever after ANB.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#20 Posted: 22:10:55 29/10/2010
Or they probably escaped, and the producers didn't have time to mention Flash and Nina in the trilogy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#21 Posted: 22:17:20 29/10/2010
I always thought that when Sparx said "Got stuff to do" in DotD, he meant meeting up with Flash and Nina. But obviously, stupid Chief Prowlus knocked them out!

I would of loved to see a scene where Sparx awkwardly introduces Cynder to his parents. Could be pretty funny.
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#22 Posted: 08:25:13 30/10/2010
Quote: Razz

Elora
Bianca
Sorceress
dozens of baby dragons
dozens of NPCs
dozens of enemies
Nanny
Kaitlin
Ember
Ineptune

HEY! The only only character I conned with word "underage" was Spyro! o_o

Why would then she, or any underage girl, use remains at herself?
---
Keep smile
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#23 Posted: 22:54:42 04/11/2010
i've got a couple of female villians in my stories. none of them have appeared to be puppets for a male villian. either they were equal with an evil male, or were at the top of the evil food chain. i typically try to give my female villians diffrent personallities from the males. where my males seem quick to anger, have more brute force, and care more for the destruction of the world as a whole, my females are more on the calm side. they seem wiser, and make plans, use tricks, and more powerful magically. i normally use adults, but occasionally i use a younger character. sometimes my female villians are even mothers. one of my newer stories, the Descendant, has a female villian who is a mother. this character hasn't been formally introduced into the story yet, but her daughter has. this topic has given me more ideas on the personallities of these two. i will certainly take all of this into consideration as i reveal the newest female villian.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me