Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Elora [CLOSED]
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#1 Posted: 22:44:05 22/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, it sounds strange, but I've suddenly REALLY started to like Elora... and I think she's PERFECT for orignal Spyro. I think this started when I watched the cutscene in YotD, and I loved how cute Elora was with Spyro, she almost acted like they were dating. smilie After that, I really loved the idea of the two together.

So how does everyone else feel about Elora? As a character in general, and as a romantic subject with Spyro.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#2 Posted: 23:19:30 22/10/2010
*points at icon* I think that speaks a lot for how I feel about Elora. smilie That, and I'm the one who created Just for Faun and it's deviantART counterpart.

In general, I think she's a great character and always has been. She's friendly and sweet, but can kick butt when she needs to and is a good leader when the time calls for it. I also think she's a great counterpart to iSpyro, calm where he's hot-headed and a voice of reason for someone who tends to just break things and forgets to sort it out later. smilie
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#3 Posted: 23:34:07 22/10/2010
Elora, as a character. . . She's pretty solid. This isn't to say she doesn't have faults, as she tends to be a bit. . . organized. Basically saying she's the 180 of Spyro. Like Razz has said, Spyro in the Origins of his games, was hot headed, energetic, and didn't really show concern for his safety. While Elora is more cool-headed (But seems to be easily vexed), calm, and shows concern for others more clearly.

All in all, she's a great character to have around, and I don't get how Bianca somehow, someway, got more screen time than her. . . doesn't really make sense if you ask me. I'm not saying Bianca isn't as good as Elora - she's seems pretty solid to me as well - but Elora, is more favorable if you ask me. Also, Elora is more on the lines of the Black sheep in her family - err faun. If we can say that Elora is from Fractured hills, then yeah. . . Elora really, really stands out.

As for the "romance" between her and Spyro. . . I can see it, but I don't want to accept it. I think their relationship is more on the lines of big sister and little brother than two individuals coming together to make something new.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#4 Posted: 00:05:35 23/10/2010
Elora is Sally Acorn, only faun shaped.

And not NEARLY as much of an attention seeking broad.
---
Eh.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#5 Posted: 01:47:31 23/10/2010
Elora is a cool character,but I never thought her and Spyro would make a good relationship. I kinda agree with Zackeio,they seem more like big sister and little brother.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#6 Posted: 04:25:10 23/10/2010
I've always thought of their relationship to be more big sister little brother.. I just simply don't really like the romance relationship between them. But I like her as a character.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#7 Posted: 04:44:56 23/10/2010
i do like elora as a chacter (i hope she comes back smilie ) but i don't support SXE im more of a SXC fan...
but elora is as awesome as can be
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#8 Posted: 18:10:12 23/10/2010
You can support more than one ship, you know. Just sayin'. smilie

I sort of glommed onto Elora/Spyro in terms of romance because a) I played the game as a kid and a kiss only meant one thing to my mind back then, b) mixed-species couples are epically awesome, c) Elora was originally intended as a love interest for Spyro, and b) there are a lot of bits in both of the games she was in that hint at the possibility. The open-ended-ness of the relationship possibility makes it more appealing to me, too; it's not a "absolutely must be" sort of thing, which leaves open a lot of possibilities for a number of different relationships between the two, romantic or otherwise.

I can definitely see the "big sister and little brother" relationship, too. Spyro needs someone to watch out for him sometimes. smilie
#9 Posted: 18:18:44 23/10/2010 | Topic Creator
I honestly don't see why they can't be in love, but also like a big sister and little brother. I mean, when you're in love, it's pretty good to have the other person (or in this case faun) look out for you. Plus it really doesn't matter what species they are. This is a fantasy game after all. It's not like they need to both be dragons.

And I'm not bashing SxC.

I think smilie should be with smilie and smilie should be with smilie

IMO
---
#10 Posted: 18:49:11 23/10/2010
I know but i still like SXC
---
#11 Posted: 18:56:47 23/10/2010
I'm the oldest kid in my family and my husband is the youngest in his. Big sister/little brother relationships work out frequently in the real world. smilie

For the record, LoSpyro and Cynder exist in a different universe from Spyro and Elora.

And, for goodness' sakes, can anyone have a topic ever where a SxC fan doesn't feel the need to shove their ship in our faces? I'm getting kind of sick of it. Case in point.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#12 Posted: 19:10:41 23/10/2010
She's just stating her opinion.

And I'm not saying to be in love they have to both have to be dragons. I just never really saw their relationship as a romantic one.

But I'd say, Original Spyro and Elora are a good couple, and TLoS Spyro and Cynder are a good couple, considering they're all in different universes.
#13 Posted: 21:00:06 23/10/2010
I'm just wondering why we need to discuss ships every time a female character is brought up.
---
Eh.
#14 Posted: 21:07:19 23/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Um... A bit off topic from the conversation, but not from the topic: I made a fanpop club for Elora. Any Elora fan can join, they don't have to be smilie/smilie shippers or anything.

Elora the Faun

(and I linked to Just for Faun, BTW... I just wanted people to be able to visit that site)
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#15 Posted: 21:11:41 23/10/2010
Quote: Razz

And, for goodness' sakes, can anyone have a topic ever where a SxC fan doesn't feel the need to shove their ship in our faces? I'm getting kind of sick of it. Case in point.

So am I, really. I understand stating an opinion, but it still somehow keeps sneaking in for no reason.

Anyhow, I've always loved Elora, and I normally can't stand most female characters. She was a great character, and had a great personality. I always thought she was cute and right for Spyro, it doesn't bother me with the whole 'different species' crap - It's a game, in a fantasy world. It can happen.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#16 Posted: 21:16:52 23/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo

So am I, really. I understand stating an opinion, but it still somehow keeps sneaking in for no reason.

Anyhow, I've always loved Elora, and I normally can't stand most female characters. She was a great character, and had a great personality. I always thought she was cute and right for Spyro, it doesn't bother me with the whole 'different species' crap - It's a game, in a fantasy world. It can happen.

Agreed.
---
#17 Posted: 21:17:29 23/10/2010 | Topic Creator

Agreed. I don't mind stating opinion, but I hate it when they start bashing other shippers and such
---
#18 Posted: 21:23:10 23/10/2010
The first post is rather redundant there...

Anyway, I don't see Paris being rude in any way, they were just putting their input into a conversation line already began before.
---
Eh.
#19 Posted: 23:09:24 23/10/2010
no i wasnt trying to be rude and im sorry to anyone i offended
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#20 Posted: 23:46:00 23/10/2010
Elora is an awesome character. Arguably the best female character in the Spyro series, falling behind Krome Cynder just a little. And I do love EloraxSpyro. People say that it can't happened because they're both a different species, but what about HunterxBianca? What about that purple bird and that blob in Zephyr (Romeo and Juliet. xD)? They're mixed breeds, yet no one bothers about them.

I agree. I do understand opinions. But every time we mention something about a relation ship, like EloraxSpyro, HunterxBianca, SpyroxEmber, etc, SpyroxCynder always gets in there even though the topic wasn't even talking about them, yet no other pairing gets mentioned in the topic. It's rather a forced pairing IMHO.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#21 Posted: 00:30:39 24/10/2010
It's popular, that's why it pops up so often. And saying that you just prefer it isn't exactly forced, not when it's in response to a pairing that directly affects it.

Seriously, mountains out of molehills, you're as annoying when you dwell on it.
---
Eh.
#22 Posted: 00:37:16 24/10/2010
re: Bringing up Cynder

Having brought her up in this topic, whether you agree with the shipping discussion or not, is rude and inconsiderate. This is a topic about Elora for people who want to talk about her. If you don't like her, ignore the conversation. If you want to talk about Cynder, go to any other thread on these boards; they're almost all about her. >(

Now, BOT!

That Fanpop page is neat. smilie Thanks for linking to JFF on there. I should find some time to update it someday, I really should.

For those who want some neat trivia on Elora, here's the SpyroWiki page for her: Elora
Lord_of_Sheeps Gold Sparx Gems: 2352
#23 Posted: 00:45:24 24/10/2010
I like Elora, I think she's perfectly awesome the way she is smilie

FUN FACT TIEM!!!

While I was browing through some baby naming sites to give my original characters names, I happen to find out the Elora's name is Greek for the word "Light," pretty trippy right?
#24 Posted: 00:47:46 24/10/2010
But nobody said that they didn't like her, anywhere! As I said, it was in response to another point, mentioned for about three words, and then dropped. I'd rather talk about Elora now too, but I'm just forced to defend one member who never meant to cause a fight. So all I'll say for now is that Elora would make a good guide character to return if we ever went back to the classics since she's far more level-headed than the scatter-brained and sometimes downright sadistic Dragon Elders.
---
Eh.
#25 Posted: 01:00:13 24/10/2010
Sorry to be causing trouble, Burning Gnorc, but this is the third topic in two days where Paris brought it up, and this isn't the first time we've encountered an inability on the part of this fandom to not talk about a certain something in a topic that had nothing to do with it.

Anyway...

I had no idea that's what Elora meant, and I agree that she'd make a good guide in any capacity.

Another fun fact: Elora was named after Caroline Trujilo (who worked at Insomniac at the time and later went on to produce A Hero's Tail). Oliver Wade re-arranged the letters in Caroline's name to get "Elora".
#26 Posted: 01:04:08 24/10/2010
That's one hell of a rearrangement. I knew about the trivia before, but I'd like to know what happened to the 'C', 'I' and 'N'.
---
Eh.
#27 Posted: 01:06:44 24/10/2010
Speaking as someone who plays this exact game with words all the time, he probably just took them out after all variants that included those letters didn't result in something that sounded like a good name. Or Elora just sounded the best. smilie
#28 Posted: 01:07:49 24/10/2010
i said i DID like elora
---
#29 Posted: 01:20:50 24/10/2010
Hooray! But that's not what I've been responding to or talking about. You keep bringing up Cynder and SxC in topics that aren't about her/them and where it isn't appreciated. That's inconsiderate and a lot of folks would appreciate it if you'd stay on topic from the start.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#30 Posted: 03:30:00 24/10/2010

I honestly don't see what Paris is doing wrong here. If someone, just for the heck of it, made a topic JUST about the 'new' Star Wars trilogy, and someone came in and said, 'I like the story, but I do prefer the originals' story more'... is that off-topic? Also...

Quote:
So how does everyone else feel about Elora? As a character in general, and as a romantic subject with Spyro.

All she was saying was that while she liked Elora, she preferred SxC when it came to a romantic couple. I don't see how she was rude or inconsiderate by saying she preferred something. I also fail to see how she's forcing it on anyone in this topic.

On topic, I don't know much about Elora, but what I have seen and heard, I've liked.
#31 Posted: 03:38:30 24/10/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm not angry with Paris. They were just stating an opinion, and that doesn't bother me. But this is an Elora topic, so we don't want to go over the top with Cynder. I never even said anything about her.

On topic:
Elora should have been in AHT! It would have been fun to see her, maybe she could even flirt with Spyro. (though not like Ember did smilie)

Sadly, I have a feeling that the Legend Trilogy would have ruined her. But I don't know, they might have done her well. Maybe she'll even be in this next game coming out. (I think it's called 'Spyro's Kingdom', right?)

And here's a fan question: What song would you say fits Elora? Yes, it's random, but I was listening to music today and the question just kind of popped into mind. smilie
---
#32 Posted: 05:25:40 24/10/2010
^thank u QC

Quote: IsisStormDragon

I honestly don't see what Paris is doing wrong here. If someone, just for the heck of it, made a topic JUST about the 'new' Star Wars trilogy, and someone came in and said, 'I like the story, but I do prefer the originals' story more'... is that off-topic? Also...

Quote:

All she was saying was that while she liked Elora, she preferred SxC when it came to a romantic couple. I don't see how she was rude or inconsiderate by saying she preferred something. I also fail to see how she's forcing it on anyone in this topic.

On topic, I don't know much about Elora, but what I have seen and heard, I've liked.

excatly my point!
---
#33 Posted: 08:15:25 24/10/2010
I think what Razz means is that we want one topic where Cynder's name doesn't even pop up. Plus, I do believe paris came in another topic to do with Cynder not being liked just to say they liked her and then bash Ember for no reason whatsoever.

Anyhow, I wish Elora would come back to the games, Bianca too. They were both so awesome smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#34 Posted: 13:29:51 24/10/2010
exuse me for even coming to DS then.....
---
#35 Posted: 16:28:24 24/10/2010
Spyroo has the right of it. I've said my peace and I'm not going to debate it further. BOT!

If you ever want someone to obsess over Elora with, Queen-Cynder, feel free to PM me any time. smilie I'm fantarded over her to have met her original designer (and one of these days, I'm going to post the rest of the interview I got to have with him over e-mail; he had a lot of cool stuff to say about Elora).

I've never really associated any songs with her beyond the music from RR/GTG, which is odd since I usually have a song for any given character. I think she came into my life before I did stuff like that, so I've never really changed my thoughts on her.

I don't know if LoS would have ruined her. I pretty much ignore its take on the...one...classic character we saw. It would've been fun to see her in that so-epic-it-hurts style, though. And she totally should have been in AHT; that would've been awesome!
#36 Posted: 03:09:59 25/10/2010
Just did a little doodle of Elora to warm up tonight. Thought you guys would like to see it. smilie
#37 Posted: 15:12:41 25/10/2010
Adorable <3

You're very talented :3
---
#38 Posted: 16:45:30 25/10/2010
Thank you. smilie I've done a lot more Elora art, that was just the latest one.

Night in Summer Forest
Mini Book Elora
Elora's Dress
Our Hero
My Lady
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#39 Posted: 19:52:48 25/10/2010
^ smilie that is reeeaaally good. great artist skillz
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#40 Posted: 21:24:06 25/10/2010
Thanks. smilie I do freelance art for a living right now and run a couple of webcomics. Fanart is a fun way to keep in practice sometimes, though.
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#41 Posted: 21:50:35 25/10/2010
I partially blame Razz for me liking EloraxSpyro more than anything. Hurhur

But I love Elora. 8D First character I liked in the games since Ripto's Rage was the first Spyro game I had ever played. xD
#42 Posted: 22:00:24 25/10/2010
My powers of obsession tend to bleed into other people's brains. smilie It sure worked with a certain other Spyro character (I feel so dirty D: ). I'm glad I can at least corrupt the youth by spreading the word that Elora is awesome. smilie
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#43 Posted: 22:05:11 25/10/2010
Oh and Lord_of_Sheeps. e.e Curse you two for making such cutastic art. D8

Yes Razz, you'll start an army of Elora fans with your artwork and your words. xD Now I need to go browse some of your pics to see some and get the odd coupling of BiancaxSpyro out of my head that I poked at while playing YOTD.
#44 Posted: 22:14:48 25/10/2010
My powers of obsession tend to bleed into other people's brains. smilie It sure worked with a certain other Spyro character (I feel so dirty D: ). I'm glad I can at least corrupt the youth by spreading the word that Elora is awesome. smilie

I'm actually the same.

Except my powers are not in the positive territory. Nor are they done at Spyro forums, for that matter.
---
Eh.
#45 Posted: 22:45:31 27/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Awe, i love your artwork, Razz smilie

I wish I could draw Elora that well! smilie
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#46 Posted: 03:25:42 28/10/2010
i wish i could draw even close to that well period smilie
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#47 Posted: 03:59:33 28/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Lol, I know smilie

And btw, I had a dream that Elora and Malefor were daiting. It was terrifying! smilie
---
#48 Posted: 04:28:51 28/10/2010
I've been drawing for almost 25 years; it just takes time and practice. smilie As for drawing Elora, well...I draw her a lot and practice makes you better at things... smilie

Elora/Malefor? Yeek! o.o
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#49 Posted: 18:14:58 29/10/2010
I've been drawing for almost 25 years; it just takes time and practice. smilie As for drawing Elora, well...I draw her a lot and practice makes you better at things... smilie

Elora/Malefor? Yeek! o.o

Why not? Try to draw that smilie

Maybe with elora mistaking him for Spyro? smilie smilie
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:23 29/10/2010 by matesds
#50 Posted: 20:33:30 29/10/2010
Heck no. Malefor is a giant weeny and the worst villain I've ever seen. He doesn't deserve Cyril, let alone Elora.

Gaul, on the other hand... smilie There was a time when I totally shipped those two and almost did a comic about it (I started said comic, but I got bored).
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me