Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#201 Posted: 01:40:02 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I agree. Let's get back on topic.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#202 Posted: 01:42:15 30/09/2010
That would be nice...
#203 Posted: 01:47:29 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Now, the reason I like both series of Spyro is because I adore the two seperate storylines of each game, the two universes, and the characters, despite being different from each other. Now I didn't want to pick sides, as there are always wars between Old and New fans on which Spyro is better and such. I noticed that there are no conflicts when you like both series of Spyro and not only one side of the franchise.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:16 30/09/2010 by Aura24
#204 Posted: 01:54:42 30/09/2010
I enjoy the Originals because I do like corny, light-hearted games. The Portals are also fun. Kinda sad they weren't in AHT. smilie Plus, the characters are pretty amusing.

I like LOS because I do like darker plots as well, plus I enjoy combat-oriented games. Plus, I really like the music. And the characters are also interesting to me as well.

And in general, I like Dragons. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:03 30/09/2010 by IsisStormDragon
#205 Posted: 01:58:50 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I also like dragons. Maybe that's the reason why Spyro's change never bothered me before.
---
#206 Posted: 02:00:40 30/09/2010
That might be it. If anything, LOS Spyro seems more Dragonish... smilie Original Spyro's still cool, though.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#207 Posted: 02:05:06 30/09/2010
Quote: Spyroo
Hey come on now..... DarkCynder was only pointing out the hypocrisy in what was said (as I must admit, that second part was very much so). No fights trying to be started, end of. Let's get back on topic.

Exactly.

Meh, just forget it. I don't feel like repeating myself. .__.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#208 Posted: 02:07:45 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: IsisStormDragon
That might be it. If anything, LOS Spyro seems more Dragonish... smilie Original Spyro's still cool, though.

Yeah, I agree.

Original Spyro using cannons and flying saucers was fun X3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:36 30/09/2010 by Aura24
#209 Posted: 02:09:49 30/09/2010
The cannons are fun. The UFO got this reaction from me: smilie Well, there also was a UFO in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask....but that game was serious.

I did, however, love flying the plane, even if it made no sense for a Dragon to be flying a plane.
#210 Posted: 02:16:37 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
And Spyro skateboarding and sledding was fun also :3
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#211 Posted: 03:05:36 30/09/2010
Sledding was one of my favorite parts in the Original games.. I'm not familiar with the sledding though? Where was that?
#212 Posted: 03:13:25 30/09/2010 | Topic Creator
In the last level where you fight the Sorceress a second time, racing against the Yetis.
---
#213 Posted: 19:51:07 30/09/2010
Oh, I meant Skateboarding was one of my favorite parts. Haha
But ohh, I still haven't gotten that far in YotD, so I haven't done sledding yet smilie
#214 Posted: 01:37:01 01/10/2010 | Topic Creator
The sledding part was hard.
---
#215 Posted: 20:45:42 01/10/2010
Sounds different.. I just wish I could find the game
#216 Posted: 23:40:59 01/10/2010 | Topic Creator
The LoS had similar features, like in ANB, Spyro used a large slingshot to break down obstacles that were blocking his path in Dante's Freezer. In TEN, he used a cannon to destroy an obstacle and a few enemies that were in his way.
---
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#217 Posted: 18:25:20 15/10/2010
Quote: Aura24
But they can't force themselves to watch the condition of the franchise go the way they don't it to go so they can flame it for the rest of their lives.

True, but I did see you get annoyed at someone merely for saying 'I miss the old series' with no LOS bashing whatsoever.....

Anyway, I still disagree it was needed, but now I do like both series, classic more though of course. Flamers do suck, no matter where they come from.

.....I also kinda hate the Hermit flamers. Hermit = Epic.

Well, Spyroo, it would get annoying if they kept posting the same thing on every single TLOS video. They only need to do it once not a million times. Get where I am coming from?
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#218 Posted: 20:38:25 15/10/2010
Quote: ShadowDragon91
Quote: Aura24
But they can't force themselves to watch the condition of the franchise go the way they don't it to go so they can flame it for the rest of their lives.

True, but I did see you get annoyed at someone merely for saying 'I miss the old series' with no LOS bashing whatsoever.....

Anyway, I still disagree it was needed, but now I do like both series, classic more though of course. Flamers do suck, no matter where they come from.

Well, Spyroo, it would get annoying if they kept posting the same thing on every single TLOS video. They only need to do it once not a million times. Get where I am coming from?

Yeah. But when they don't, it gets annoying. A lot of people miss the old series, ya know.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#219 Posted: 23:41:16 15/10/2010
We should be aloud to miss the old series.....
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#220 Posted: 23:51:39 15/10/2010
Sure, just don't expect it to come back any time soon.
---
Eh.
#221 Posted: 23:54:18 15/10/2010
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Sure, just don't expect it to come back any time soon.

Sadly, this is very true, if at all.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#222 Posted: 23:55:03 15/10/2010
And we should be allowed to like both series without being looked upon as crazy. Heck, people should be allowed to only like LOS if they wish. But do we get that right? Doesn't seem like it for some reason.

If you miss Original Spyro, that's fine, but saying it over and over like a robot gets annoying. Especially on LOS videos, or in topics like this. You only need to say it once.

If someone likes only LOS, that's fine, but if they went and said on every Original Spyro video/topic how superior LOS was like a robot, you wouldn't like that, now would you? Frankly, I wouldn't like it.
#223 Posted: 23:57:10 15/10/2010
And we should be allowed to like both series without being looked upon as crazy. Heck, people should be allowed to only like LOS if they wish. But do we get that right? Doesn't seem like it for some reason.

If you miss Original Spyro, that's fine, but saying it over and over like a robot gets annoying. Especially on LOS videos, or in topics like this. You only need to say it once.

If someone likes only LOS, that's fine, but if they went and said on every Original Spyro video/topic how superior LOS was like a robot, you wouldn't like that, now would you? Frankly, I wouldn't like it.

True, but the LOS fans are equally as bad for constantly going
TLOS IS AWESOME DOTD IS AWESOME etc etc. I don't mind TLOS now, but I still get even more sick and tired of hearing it day in day out. So really, both fandoms are as bad as each other.

But really, why must someone keep reviving this argument every time?
---
#224 Posted: 23:58:44 15/10/2010

....I implied both fans are just as bad with this, didn't I? smilie
#225 Posted: 23:59:10 15/10/2010
The thing about the whole repetition thing is that it's pretty much unavoidable. If it was one person repeating it over and over then I'd agree, but we're talking about hundreds of fans each wanting to give their say on the matter. The only way we wouldn't see it over and over again is if every fan of the same mindset elected one person to state it and then leave it at that, but that's not how life works.
---
Eh.
#226 Posted: 23:59:35 15/10/2010

....I implied both fans are just as bad with this, didn't I? smilie

Was there even a need to post it, though? smilie
---
#227 Posted: 00:00:55 16/10/2010
Was there a need for the other posts in this topic as well? I'm done with this...
#228 Posted: 00:02:18 16/10/2010
Was there a need for the other posts in this topic as well? I'm done with this...

No, there wasn't. That was why I was only answering to someone who asked me personally. There was no need to bring it back up yet again.

The thing about the whole repetition thing is that it's pretty much unavoidable. If it was one person repeating it over and over then I'd agree, but we're talking about hundreds of fans each wanting to give their say on the matter. The only way we wouldn't see it over and over again is if every fan of the same mindset elected one person to state it and then leave it at that, but that's not how life works.

Sadly, you are correct.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:39 16/10/2010 by Spyroo
#229 Posted: 00:06:32 16/10/2010
I don't quite...get your logic, Spyroo. It's a discussion on a specific topic, old threads of thought get brought up again all the time. :/
---
Eh.
#230 Posted: 00:08:49 16/10/2010
I don't quite...get your logic, Spyroo. It's a discussion on a specific topic, old threads of thought get brought up again all the time. :/

Because old threads shouldn't be brought up again, if they're only being brought up to start a new argument :/

This is 'Both Old and New Fans', yet people still like looking back and finding older parts of the topic to start with.
---
#231 Posted: 00:10:52 16/10/2010
I only said what I said because Original Fans aren't the only victim in this argument, but I've noticed some like to act like they are. I've seen LOS fans that are just as bad.

...I probably shouldn't have even said anything...
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#232 Posted: 00:11:25 16/10/2010

Because old threads shouldn't be brought up again, if they're only being brought up to start a new argument :/

This is 'Both Old and New Fans', yet people still like looking back and finding older parts of the topic to start with.

Why are there arguements on this topic anyway?I thought is was created to see how many users like both series and then to let them discuss peacefully.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:11:48 16/10/2010 by crazyspyrofan
#233 Posted: 00:12:35 16/10/2010
Because this is the Internet, where peaceful discussion is almost never sustained when it comes to fandom wars.
---
Eh.
#234 Posted: 00:13:04 16/10/2010
I only said what I said because Original Fans aren't the only victim in this argument, but I've noticed some like to act like they are. I've seen LOS fans that are just as bad.

...I probably shouldn't have even said anything...

Naw, I probably just misunderstood you, that's all.
---
#235 Posted: 00:17:40 16/10/2010
I was responding to Cynder_543's post when I made that earlier post, but got ninja'd... smilie I hope that clears up any confusion... I'm not trying to start an argument or anything.

To further explain my post, I was directing it at the fans ( both Original and LOS before anyone tries to bite my head off) who have already said whether or not they like a series, but say it over and over again like they're robotic.. Not the other fans who haven't said a word but are now...

...smilie
#236 Posted: 03:43:31 16/10/2010
This is a topic for both fans. Not for fans to argue about the other fans. That comment Spyroo said was way back, and since then this topic was what this topic was made to be.. a place where fans of both series can discuss what they like about the games. But someone just always revives the argument. So can we just stop with the arguing?
#237 Posted: 05:03:12 16/10/2010
I was responding to Cynder_543's post when I made that earlier post, but got ninja'd... >_< I hope that clears up any confusion... I'm not trying to start an argument or anything.

To further explain my post, I was directing it at the fans ( both Original and LOS before anyone tries to bite my head off) who have already said whether or not they like a series, but say it over and over again like they're robotic.. Not the other fans who haven't said a word but are now...

...>_<

I would be okay with it as long as they don't go, "OMG DOTD IS THE BEST GAME EVA!!!", which most of the little kids do.

Anyway, this is pointless. Whoever brought it up shouldn't have done it, because now the argument has been brought back up. Come on guys, we should just drop the subject already.
---
#238 Posted: 16:11:50 16/10/2010
Quote: ShadowDragon91

Yeah. But when they don't, it gets annoying. A lot of people miss the old series, ya know.

Yeah, I miss the old ones too. However, I cannot play them because I lost them.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#239 Posted: 01:52:54 24/10/2010 | Topic Creator
There are probably a lot more both series Spyro fans out there who feel that the flame wars between Old and New Spyro fans are pointless.
---
#240 Posted: 02:08:08 24/10/2010
Yeah. I'm glad this topic was bumped so more can see it.
I used to prefer a certain side, but I avoid that now, seeing the arguments it brings.
I hate how we have to seperate the fandom into either "Original Spyro Fans" or "The Legend of Spyro Fans". And fans of both. It's so frustrating. We're all fans of Spyro in the end aren't we?
#241 Posted: 02:13:33 24/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes we are. And all these pointless flame wars are only tearing us apart.
---
#242 Posted: 02:18:22 24/10/2010
Exactly. Every time someone mentions something in a Legend game, someone ends up bashing it, or bringing up something negative, and it just goes back and forth between fans. And vise versa. It's quite frustrating. I wish we could all just put the negativity aside.
#243 Posted: 02:22:31 24/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Unless everyone agrees. But they all have opinions.
---
#244 Posted: 02:31:52 24/10/2010
I'm going to be honest... I hate the fights between both fans, yet I always seem to get involved in them... smilie

It's not just 'LOS is awful!11! Originals are betta!!11"...it's also 'Originals are awful11!11 LOS is betta!!11', though meaning no offense to anyone, I see more of the former HERE. Not sure about places like DeviantArt, as I don't care to go on that site much.

Also, just for the heck of it, I've heard people say a mix of the two series would be good, but after playing a little of Shadow Legacy... I'm not sure it would work. Original Spyro CAN do minimal combat, and LOS Spyro CAN do collecting, but messing with the atmosphere...no...just...no... Honestly, the more I play SL, the more it scares me. LOS didn't stomp all over the cheery atmosphere of the Originals, as they aren't even connected. SL...seems to have done so. But that's my opinion.
#245 Posted: 02:51:32 24/10/2010
Yeah.. I've gotten involved in the arguments too honestly. Just sometimes what somebody says angers me, and it just gets out of control.

But to be honest, I only see TLoS get bashed. I never seen the Original Spyro get bashed to be honest, except maybe a few times, which is why I get really annoyed when TLoS gets bashed, because I see that happen all the time. I happen to like TLoS. It's a really enjoyable trilogy. And so are the Original games. Both series are great in my opinion.
So that's just from self experience I guess.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not choosing any side right here, I'm just saying from my own experience I rarely see the Original games get bashed. I know it does happen though, and it's so frustrating. I wish people could just keep "Original sucks!" and "TLoS sucks!" to themselves. It would save so many arguments.
#246 Posted: 03:04:53 24/10/2010
*nods*.

Agreed. To me, both sides are a victim. It just seems here it's LOS that get bashed more. The Originals are probably bashed more elsewhere, however. But still... smilie' It's annoying as heck either way.

And to add more to my 'mix of both' comment... I feel like tackling another suggestion: Doing both series. This, to me, is the best thing they can do, but I don't think it'll shut the crazy Original and LOS fans up. Why? Four words:

Mega. Man. Battle. Network.

If no one understands this, I'll say it as short as I can. BN is the LOS of MegaMan; it's an alternate universe, and is nothing like the original MegaMan series. Original (NOT Classic; I'm talking timeline here)fans absolutely hate it, because it's 'not MegaMan'. However, Capcom has chosen to make games for both timelines.

The haters are not satisfied. BN (and now StarForce) still exists, and they're mad as heck.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:06:10 24/10/2010 by IsisStormDragon
#247 Posted: 03:43:29 24/10/2010
Quote: Darby
Yeah.. I've gotten involved in the arguments too honestly. Just sometimes what somebody says angers me, and it just gets out of control.

But to be honest, I only see TLoS get bashed. I never seen the Original Spyro get bashed to be honest, except maybe a few times, which is why I get really annoyed when TLoS gets bashed, because I see that happen all the time. I happen to like TLoS. It's a really enjoyable trilogy. And so are the Original games. Both series are great in my opinion.
So that's just from self experience I guess.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not choosing any side right here, I'm just saying from my own experience I rarely see the Original games get bashed. I know it does happen though, and it's so frustrating. I wish people could just keep "Original sucks!" and "TLoS sucks!" to themselves. It would save so many arguments.

I couldn't agree more with you, Darby. I am really starting to find the TLOS series is seriously becoming underrated whilst that the Originals are becoming quite overrated. I think, because of DOTD, that the TLOS series is getting all the hatred because of it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:34 24/10/2010 by ShadowDragon91
#248 Posted: 03:46:43 24/10/2010
^I agree. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but one not-so-good game doesn't ruin an entire series to me ( I'm looking at you tacked-on MegaMan Zero 4, epic you may be...).
#249 Posted: 03:50:41 24/10/2010
^I agree. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but one not-so-good game doesn't ruin an entire series to me ( I'm looking at you tacked-on MegaMan Zero 4, epic you may be...).

Try telling that to the Original fans. Yet, however, they probably will not listen anyway.
---
#250 Posted: 03:54:29 24/10/2010
Probably... And some crazy LOS fans might not either ( I think some LOS fans consider DotD its own thing 'cause they dislike it so much).

Also... Anyone gonna respond to my Shadow Legacy and MegaMan comments? Not saying you have to, but I'd like to see if anyone agrees or disagrees.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me