Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Voice Acting - Actors Throughout The Games
Page 1 of 1
Voice Acting - Actors Throughout The Games [CLOSED]
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#1 Posted: 00:59:09 15/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Random topic after this riddle totally threw me off due to finding out new stuff. This topic also doesn't cover the LoS games, just the ones before that.

Honestly, looking back at the various casts for the games, I'm amazed at how sporadic changes and reprisals are.

-Spyro has had quite a lot of changes, with Tom Kenny going longest before LoS by reprising three games (GtG, YotD, ETD)..before being replaced by Jess Harnell in AHT.
-Gregg Berger had a more consistant run, doing Hunter's voice within the same span as Kenny...before being replaced by Jess Harnell in AHT.
-Moneybags has been volatile too, with Richard Barnes for GtG and Neil Ross for YotD and ETD...before being replaced by YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING.
-Elora got a totally new voice in YotD, despite how few lines she spoke.
-Zoe's changed as much as Spyro did, with just one reprisal between YotD and ETD.
-Everyone got a reprisal from YotD to ETD, though, so it's no wonder that Ripto, Crush and Gulp are three of just five that have had constant reprisals throughout their presence in the games.
-AHT seemed to do a complete overhaul of the voices, as you can tell. Every character you heard had a voice completely different to any before...except for two.
-One is Sparx (ironic, as he's the one who gets the stick for having the most voice actor changes in LoS), voiced by Andre Sogliuzzo. He rarely gets in the credits though, poor Andre.
-The other is...the guy everyone accused of having a stupid new voice that replaced their beloved gruff one from 1998. Ironic, as Gnasty would probably have been the easiest to change out of all the the pre-AHT cast. To be fair, they DID give him a new voice actor, for some very minor sound clips. Not only did they reprise Michael Gough from the original, he was the one who replaced Tom Kenny as the voice for the Professor in AHT! Talk about a confusing web of...stuff.
-The other characters haven't really appeared enough to give a look at, although I can say that Bentley was obvious changed in AHT and that there's no info on who voiced Sgt Byrd in said game.

Random conspiracy factoid; Do you know another character who's had games where he's voiced by both his old voice actor and a new one? Here's a clue; GODDAMN IT'S SHIP TEASE. D:
---
Eh.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2 Posted: 01:55:37 15/10/2010
I noticed that Zoe's voice changed multiple times in Ripto's Rage. Like, it seemed almost every time you talked to her, she had a differrent voice. o.O
And woah, apparently Jess Harnell did tons of voices in AHT? Just what voices did he do in that game?
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#3 Posted: 02:57:33 15/10/2010
In YotD, Sgt. Byrd was also voiced by Tom Kenny. :D
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#4 Posted: 03:57:03 15/10/2010
Quote: Darby
I noticed that Zoe's voice changed multiple times in Ripto's Rage. Like, it seemed almost every time you talked to her, she had a differrent voice. o.O
And woah, apparently Jess Harnell did tons of voices in AHT? Just what voices did he do in that game?

maybe she had a lot of 'vocal' problemssmilie
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
#5 Posted: 09:48:22 15/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby

He did Spyro, Hunter, Moneybags and Red, as well as minor soundclips. Tara Strong actually did an equal number, but the characters were more minor (Ember, Flame, Blink and Zoe, as well as minor soundclips). I must say, as much as I accused Jess of having his Spyro voice similar to his Crash voice, you can't say he doesn't have a vocal range in general.

And I know Sgt Byrd was Tom Kenny in YotD AD, which is why I said I can't find info for his AHT portrayal.
---
Eh.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#6 Posted: 10:05:14 15/10/2010
This is based off memory, but I have a pretty good ear for voice talent and I'm pretty sure Jess Harnel was also Sgt. Byrd's voice in AHT. I'd have to see the clips again to be sure, though.
#7 Posted: 10:15:16 15/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Huh. Strange that he never got credit for that, then.
---
Eh.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#8 Posted: 22:58:30 15/10/2010
That's it! The solution! Voice actors to do multiple characters, and money can be saved for production!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 23:55:02 15/10/2010
Quote: Razz
This is based off memory, but I have a pretty good ear for voice talent and I'm pretty sure Jess Harnel was also Sgt. Byrd's voice in AHT. I'd have to see the clips again to be sure, though.

Actually Jeff Bennett voiced Sgt. Byrd in AHT...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#10 Posted: 23:55:57 15/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, there we go.

...Which still begs the question of why he wasn't credited.
---
Eh.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#11 Posted: 00:52:29 16/10/2010
I don't care about the voice actors, as long as they're not annoying, really.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me