Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Is it true love? [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#51 Posted: 05:01:55 27/09/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: Aura24
Oh that's your only reason for the reboot then? Typical...

Oh for god's sake! It doesn't matter what my reasoning is, they'll do what they want to do. I'm saying I'd welcome a reboot if that's thier plan. What I'd want is more of the old, or at least something fun.
Honestly Aura, wouldn't you welcome a change if you didn't like the way things are currently going?

@ignitusforever: I never found it hard, just too easy. The boring element came from the repetitiveness of it all.

I found it too repetitive. I mean, TEN is the same as ANB, but with different levels and more emo. ANB was fun at the very beginning, in the Swamp level, and when you're clearing out all the enemies from the temple. But then I thought, "hold on... WTF?" when Spyro learned all these knew moves with Ignitus. I was fine with just the flame, charging, the tail bash and the small combo. And then it got boring when all the enemies came in, and you had to smash that circle button over and over every five seconds....
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#52 Posted: 05:24:00 27/09/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76
I agree with Bolt, and I disagree with Spyro_LUVA. It would be better to have at least one more LoS game, to sort the series out.

Yeah, and answer some unanswered questions. Though Activision will never do it. They said they're heading Spyro in a different direction, original or a whole new thing.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#53 Posted: 05:25:32 27/09/2010
Well, you ever know. They might set it in the same universe with different gameplay. Hopefully they do, DoTD was horribly filled- wait, no- stuffed with plotholes.
#54 Posted: 05:31:27 27/09/2010
Yeah, hope the do. And you're so right about DotD. The only good thing was probably the graphics...
---
I draw stuff.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#55 Posted: 11:13:26 27/09/2010
Same universe doesn't necessarily mean direct continuation...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#56 Posted: 11:23:35 27/09/2010
Quote: Bolt
I know you guys are talking and all, but I think Spyro loves Cynder back. As some people said, look at the actions he did for Cynder. Really, I think Cynder likes Spyro more than he does her because she gave him a hug in the cutscene in the Burnt Lands. And I've always thought that when a girl/boy gives a boy/girl a hug that's not their sibling it means they like, like them.

But I hope that Spyro and Cynder turn out to be brother and sister. In ANB Spyro said there was something familiar in Cynder's eyes. At first I thought she was his mum (befor Ignitus told him about the night of the raid, just after Spyro said that). But it turned out they were born in the same year. So really it's only logical that they're siblings. Because if you weren't family, how could you tell the familiarity in someone else's eyes?

Uh, no, hugging someone after thier father figure died doesn't mean you love them. Do you know anyone who wouldn't hug someone after they and you just saw the closest thing they had to a dad die in a sudden violent death? Heck, I'd hug a total stranger if I was with them and their dad or whoever got run down by a truck right in front of us.

As for Spyro's actions, again I think it's just in hiss good nature to save her.

Don't forget everything wrong with the SxC pairing! I mean, think of it. You're a member of a depleting race, it seems like you're the only young of your species until you mean another young of your race who's of the other gender! Be honest, even if you hate that person, are you really gonna let them run away/be turned evil if they appear to be the only person you could ever mate with? They would need a lot more young males and females for SxC to NOT be gross in my eyes.

Not only that, but Spyro could have been driven by friendship not love. If you save a person from evil that will give you some bond, but not necessarily one of love. And don't forget all I've said in the past about neither of them knowing what love really is, or having shared enough to be in love.
---
#57 Posted: 19:44:33 27/09/2010
Well, I don't like the pairing up much either. I think they should be brother and sister. And really I hate it how there were only three females in the whole series (Cynder, Nina (Sparx's mum) and the Elemental Dragon).
You're not the only one how doesn't like the paring up SpyroLUVA, I was only saying how it could be. It seems to me that they're brother and sister because the events that happened in ANB.
---
I draw stuff.
#58 Posted: 19:47:52 27/09/2010
I know there are many who really don't like SxC. I hope they are bro and sis too.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#59 Posted: 19:50:56 27/09/2010
The producers had since confirmed that they are not siblings.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#60 Posted: 19:54:33 27/09/2010
I know, but I can dream. I actually might not be suprised if they change thier minds about it again.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#61 Posted: 20:02:10 27/09/2010
I don't see why they would change it from them liking eachother.. to them being brother and sister?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#62 Posted: 20:47:32 27/09/2010
Depending on the production team, they can change anything.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#63 Posted: 21:42:03 27/09/2010
Yes, with Activision owning Spyro they could do anything...

But back to SxC, most first loves don't work out anyway. Maybe Spyro will run into another female dragon in future games...
---
I draw stuff.
#64 Posted: 21:55:38 27/09/2010
I'm relly wanting them to introduce more dragons Spyro & Cynder's age. That would be very interesting, and give fans a lot to talk about. But the Cynder thing.. for the time being, they love eachother.. but we'll have to see what happens..
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#65 Posted: 23:02:12 27/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: Aura24
Oh that's your only reason for the reboot then? Typical...

Oh for god's sake! It doesn't matter what my reasoning is, they'll do what they want to do. I'm saying I'd welcome a reboot if that's thier plan. What I'd want is more of the old, or at least something fun.
Honestly Aura, wouldn't you welcome a change if you didn't like the way things are currently going?

@ignitusforever: I never found it hard, just too easy. The boring element came from the repetitiveness of it all.

I found it too repetitive. I mean, TEN is the same as ANB, but with different levels and more emo. ANB was fun at the very beginning, in the Swamp level, and when you're clearing out all the enemies from the temple. But then I thought, "hold on... WTF?" when Spyro learned all these knew moves with Ignitus. I was fine with just the flame, charging, the tail bash and the small combo. And then it got boring when all the enemies came in, and you had to smash that circle button over and over every five seconds....

Exactly. That's my motto for TLOS
When it's not hard, it's boring, when it's not boring, it's hard.
#66 Posted: 11:26:26 28/09/2010
Fair enough. But for me it's just dull and time consuming without any reward in the form of decent entertainment.
---
#67 Posted: 23:51:59 30/09/2010
Quote: Bolt
Yes, with Activision owning Spyro they could do anything...

But back to SxC, most first loves don't work out anyway. Maybe Spyro will run into another female dragon in future games...

Well, I hope not, because they'd probably become a sue and replace Cynder.
pokemonka Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#68 Posted: 19:05:52 01/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Well ... not have to be siblings .. Spyro saw in her eyes srach is that she can not do what he wants the truth ... saw the pain and suffering ... something that is not alien to him ...
---
smilie ,,I would die for you, cross the sky for you...'' smilie
#69 Posted: 19:40:53 01/10/2010
Sorry, I can't understand you.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#70 Posted: 19:42:21 01/10/2010
Yeah, neither can I, sorry....
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#71 Posted: 10:37:22 02/10/2010
Answer:
No, it isn't... Yet... There are still all the possibillities of them breaking up when finding out they aren't as they thank they are, and may, or may not get over it. However, it would be wise if they at last remember it. If Originals and TLOS crossover happens, where Spyro didn't met Cynder before, only Ember..., Elora..., and didn't felt comfy around them, he may be genre savvy enought to actually chant "ZOMG don't love me don't love me don't love me!"
---
Keep smile
DeathStar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#72 Posted: 20:10:35 03/10/2010
Quote:
Tak smilie Czasem zwykłych słów nei tłumaczą,a mój komputer nei uznaje za istniejace słowo: ,,smoczyca''...

-----

Is that Czech?
---
"oh sweet sweet sounds of 80s synthesizers, alleviate me...."
#73 Posted: 13:54:52 04/10/2010
Quote: DeathStar
Quote:
Tak smilie Czasem zwykłych słów nei tłumaczą,a mój komputer nei uznaje za istniejace słowo: ,,smoczyca''...

-----

Is that Czech?

Err, little to the right... It's Polish
---
Keep smile
#74 Posted: 19:18:16 04/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes smilie But I know hard to distinguish these languages are similar smilie
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#75 Posted: 13:16:11 05/10/2010
I think he does.
#76 Posted: 17:27:21 07/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Look! In this film! 2:55! How Spyro looks at Cynder!! And what do you say?

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:06 07/10/2010 by pokemonka
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#77 Posted: 22:02:36 07/10/2010
Screw Spyro/Cynder... I'm rooting for Flader. ;D (coughflame/cyndercough)
#78 Posted: 22:24:48 07/10/2010
^I LOVE that pairing! Black and red is an AWESOME combo of colors!

Quote: pokemonka
Look! In this film! 2:55! How Spyro looks at Cynder!! And what do you say?

It means he was showing a ver basic level of respect for Cynder by making eye contacet while she spoke.

Spyro and Sparx look at eachother when the other speaks but that doesn't mean they're in love.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#79 Posted: 23:06:52 07/10/2010
^YES.

Mmm, Spyro/Sparx... smilie That's just as canon as Spyro/Cynder, if this is the sort of evidence you're using.

Flame/Cynder is awesome, btw. So is Cynder/Ember. smilie And there's my personal favorite SxC...Sparx/Cynder. smilie
#80 Posted: 09:08:09 10/10/2010
I think Cynder is really better off with Flame...
---
I draw stuff.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#81 Posted: 10:20:14 10/10/2010
The only downside to the logic is that none of these characters exist in LoS (save for Sparx...but didn't he treat Spyro as his brother, pretty much? o_0).

Anyway, having finally played DotD to just after Warfang, I'll say stuff about the couple (even though it makes me nautious to speak of it since Gnasty isn't involved...); I don't particularly like it myself (must be because the only Spyro games I had for a good while were Spyro 2 and YotD), but I can see why people do like it. He's an outgoing destined dragon, she's in her shell and recovering from the shock of being controlled. It's to be expected that she'd sound more subdued than the average romantic.
---
Eh.
#82 Posted: 16:19:38 10/10/2010
I just don't understand why people are so deeply against Spyro x Cynder. Don't get me wrong.. I mean I respect your opinion. It's just, you'll support every couple other than Spyro and Cynder.
Spyro x Ember. Ember just comes off as an obsessed fan girl. Admit it.
Spyro x Elora. I can understand that one..
Flame x Cynder. They weren't even in the same series, and right now, Flame's jut like a re - colored Spyro, though I do like him.
Spyro and Cynder were in the same series after all, and they're shown to have feelings with eachother. Just what is so wrong with this couple?
And it's almost always Original fans who hate this coupl. So does it have to do with just the series in general or something? I'm simply wondering. I don't get it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:20:26 10/10/2010 by Darby
#83 Posted: 17:51:40 10/10/2010
There is a TV trope called "First Girl Wins" Darby, I find that a good source on Spyro Romance Psychology 101.

And SpyroXEmber/FlameXCynder make no sense to me either. SpyroXEmber was so obviously going to hit a brick wall that Bandit was almost an expected character, and the other two just haven't met. At all. And Flame's too much of a wuss for Cynder anyway.
---
Eh.
#84 Posted: 20:31:23 10/10/2010
Quote: Darby
I just don't understand why people are so deeply against Spyro x Cynder. Don't get me wrong.. I mean I respect your opinion. It's just, you'll support every couple other than Spyro and Cynder.
Flame x Cynder. They weren't even in the same series, and right now, Flame's jut like a re - colored Spyro, though I do like him.
Spyro and Cynder were in the same series after all, and they're shown to have feelings with eachother. Just what is so wrong with this couple?
And it's almost always Original fans who hate this coupl. So does it have to do with just the series in general or something? I'm simply wondering. I don't get it.

Personally, I think shipping can be fun, but SxC just has way too many rabid and perverted fans. I'm not saying my sole or main reason for liking less popular pairings is because they're less popular, or that I dislike very popukar pairings becasue they are so popular. It just seem that by coincidence I like the less popular and crack pairings more.

Anyway, another reason why I like SxE and FxC is that Ember and Flame were not developed at all through the corse of AHT ot SL, and so they can be anything you want them to be. As for Ember's fangirlness, yeah I admit it's there, but it can be justified by the fact that she was young and maybe didn't know how to deal with a crush. As for the girliness, she could just get that way around Spyro. Spyro on the other hand did run, but one could say he too was too young to know how to handle a crush, much less such a forward girl, and could also speculate that he's shy.

Now, on to FlamexCynder. True thay are in separate games, but that is what makes it so great. A fanfiction writer could have the two of them interact however they please. And as for the 'wussiness' of Flame, I fr one didn't see it, but remember what I said earlier about thier personalities being open to change. Also, Cynder's life has been so full of pain and war that one could say she needs a 'safe' guy. And given how he didn't fight Gnasty though he was in his lair, a person could say he is not one to charge into danger making him 'safe'.
---
#85 Posted: 20:35:16 10/10/2010
Changing their personalities is called being OoC, and that's not good writing unless you can do it really, really well...which most fanfiction writers definitely cannot do.
---
Eh.
#86 Posted: 20:42:37 10/10/2010
OoC?

Anyway, that's a matter of opinions and taste.
---
#87 Posted: 20:48:29 10/10/2010
OoC; Out of character. Which is universally regarded as bad writing.
---
Eh.
#88 Posted: 20:58:53 10/10/2010
But Flame and Ember were so minimally developed (if you can even call it that) that thier personalities are left largely to the imagination. And through a little effort and imagination one could invent ways to justify what we've seen of them so far to suit thier fanfiction needs.
---
#89 Posted: 21:11:19 10/10/2010
Quote: Darby

For me personally, it's because it's far too rushed and completely unimaginative. If there were more female dragons in TLOS, and Spyro gradually got to know Cynder, I would probably support it.

I think the fact that I knew what would happen before finishing ANB kinda made it worse for me.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#90 Posted: 21:16:57 10/10/2010
Yeah, they weren't even in like a fifth of the game really (AHT). Ember vanishes after you go to Crocivile Swamp and Flame disappears after you beat Gnasty Gnorc. But in SL, all they do is walk around and you can talk to them.
---
I draw stuff.
#91 Posted: 21:24:59 10/10/2010
Thay don't say much about themselves though, do they?
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#92 Posted: 21:56:15 10/10/2010
I don't exactly understand all the SxC hate either. Out of all the Spyro couples it's actually the one I support the most. Most others don't make much sense to me,becuase a lot of Spyro couples are fan made. No offence to people who support fan made couples but,Fan made shippings are usually just made becuase somebody was trying to be funny.A lot of the time they don't make any sense whatsoever.

I support SxC the most,but SxE and FxE are good ones too.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#93 Posted: 22:36:56 10/10/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan
I don't exactly understand all the SxC hate either. Out of all the Spyro couples it's actually the one I support the most. Most others don't make much sense to me,becuase a lot of Spyro couples are fan made. No offence to people who support fan made couples but,Fan made shippings are usually just made becuase somebody was trying to be funny.A lot of the time they don't make any sense whatsoever.

I support SxC the most,but SxE and FxE are good ones too.

Although I don't support SxC, I actually agree with you on the fan couples thing.
---
#94 Posted: 00:05:37 11/10/2010
Yeah, I do support SxC the most, but that doesn't mean I don't respect your opinions. NEW_SpyroLUVA mentioned that Ember and Flame's personality were little developed, which is true. But Cynder is still open to some personality development, considering through the trilogy, her personality changed in every game, so we really don't know her true personality. Hopefully, we'll see her real personality in the next game.

But yeah, as said above, I don't really get why the crack pairings get support rather than the pairing that's actually existant.
#95 Posted: 00:31:17 11/10/2010
Because it's more fun to support Gnasty/B...

Oh, the dragon pairings! Well, people can support whatever they like really, but outright denial of evidence for a proper couple is what drives conversations into war territory.
---
Eh.
#96 Posted: 04:05:23 12/10/2010
I would really like to see Cynder leave Avalar in the next game then fade into a relationship with Flame. I don't know who Spyro should go with, though, but I think he should stay on his own.
#97 Posted: 11:06:36 12/10/2010
^YES!
---
#98 Posted: 16:35:45 12/10/2010
^ this
---
Keep smile
#99 Posted: 21:15:44 12/10/2010
That really depends on how they develop Flame.. I personally still like the thought of seeing more between Spyro and Cynder. But if they brought back Ember and Flame, a lot could happen.
#100 Posted: 22:17:20 12/10/2010
True, but one thing that should NEVER happen is a fight between Cynder and Ember over EITHER of the boy dragons!
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me