Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Everyone! I Have Something To Say To All Spyro V.S TLOS War Fans! >:(
Page 1 of 1
Everyone! I Have Something To Say To All Spyro V.S TLOS War Fans! >:( [CLOSED]
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#1 Posted: 03:31:33 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator

Not what you expected, was it? smilie
Well, for those who know about the dead flame wars on the issue, I am sorry, but would you do diffrent in my shoes? smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 03:34:03 25/09/2010
Even when we do stop the flame wars, more will keep coming..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:40:58 25/09/2010 by Aura24
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#3 Posted: 03:36:20 25/09/2010
Nice, but unfortunately I cannot hear this on this computer since there are no speakers since we moved to a new house about a week and a half ago. That is pretty much true. It really needs to stop.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
Fasuhn Green Sparx Gems: 211
#4 Posted: 03:38:06 25/09/2010
Rob Thomas is awesome.

>.> *ahem*

Having said that, I have to add, even though we can laugh about this, you speak the truth. I've seen more New vs. Old wars than I can count, and they need to stop sometime this century. So kudos to you for the fine song example. Ignitus approves. smilie
---
If you have a good dad, give him a hug for me, another for yourself, and a third one because he deserves it. Treasure him. You're lucky.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:38:47 25/09/2010 by Fasuhn
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#5 Posted: 03:40:35 25/09/2010
I love that song, and I love Rob Thomas!
With that said, I can agree, buuut....it's not that easy, sadly...smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#6 Posted: 13:54:31 25/09/2010
Honestly, I have only rarely seen people insult others for thier opinions. (ie. call them nostalgic idiots for likeing the old, or call them stupid kids for likeing the new). Some might disagree, but a discussion in which the old and new are compared and people say what they like and don't like about either of them is not a war. It's also not a war if people say they'd like an old style game next or an LOS continuation next. But that's just my opinion.

I do think people should try and be more accepting of the opinions of others and not be insulting.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 14:20:00 25/09/2010
Not unless someone takes advantage of it and keeps repeating the same exact thing over and over again..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#8 Posted: 14:23:55 25/09/2010
Quote: Fasuhn
Rob Thomas is awesome.

Damn straight. :D
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:24:29 25/09/2010 by Aqua-Dragoness
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#9 Posted: 03:15:01 26/09/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Honestly, I have only rarely seen people insult others for thier opinions. (ie. call them nostalgic idiots for likeing the old, or call them stupid kids for likeing the new). Some might disagree, but a discussion in which the old and new are compared and people say what they like and don't like about either of them is not a war. It's also not a war if people say they'd like an old style game next or an LOS continuation next. But that's just my opinion.

I do think people should try and be more accepting of the opinions of others and not be insulting.

This. We're not flaming. We're just saying our own opinion. We should be able to say it without get flamed.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#10 Posted: 03:23:52 26/09/2010
Why do orginal fans seem to think they get flamed all the time?

They dont get any flaming compared to what TLoS fans usually get.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#11 Posted: 03:27:08 26/09/2010
The TLOS fans only get flamed when they start whining at how the original fans are "flaming their game". If they all would to just back off and act mature in this situation, they wouldn't get flamed. Heck they don't even get flamed. They just think they are, but they're not.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#12 Posted: 03:29:30 26/09/2010
I think that both series are equal. There is no need to fight about what one is better.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#13 Posted: 03:32:23 26/09/2010
Im not so sure about that.Ive seen orginal fans give out a pretty good bashing.Of course,Ive also seen TLoS fans do it too.

It's kinda sad if you think about :/
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#14 Posted: 03:45:34 26/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
The TLOS fans only get flamed when they start whining at how the original fans are "flaming their game". If they all would to just back off and act mature in this situation, they wouldn't get flamed. Heck they don't even get flamed. They just think they are, but they're not.

I can't say that's fully true. Most of the hardcore old series fans I've argued with tend to be obnoxious, arrogant, and look down upon anyone who even thinks LoS is just okay, let alone good. Reasonable old series fans tend to not get themselves into such flame wars.

Case in point, years back on the Sierra forums, there was a user named Raidon Makoto who was constantly wording his posts to provoke people into arguments. At the time, DotD hadn't even been released, yet he claimed he was the only intelligent person on the forum because everyone else was expressing interest in a game that was still on the way. One time when I argued with him, he used his knowledge from lurking to insult me on the most personal level possible, and I don't just mean this from a fan perspective.

There are a great deal of LoS fans that are similarly narrow-minded and insensitive - almost entirely the Cynder mob, really, if not just them. I find it's the old series' extremists who are more prone to starting wars, however.

All in all, expressing an opinion is fine, but we should all be tactful when we do so. Here are some ground rules I would lay for everyone:
Don't just say something sucks, give a reason for why you think that way. You don't have to write miniature essays like I do, but still, no one should be terribly vague in expression an opinion. Moreover, people should use a little logic. Don't like something? Don't post on positive topics. I've seen many perfectly good, fun threads get derailed over the ages because someone had to throw in some bad comments. If you dislike something, don't say it on a thread celebrating it - go someplace else to badmouth it or make your own thread. Most of all, don't condemn others for disagreeing with your own opinions. Their opinion is just as good as yours - something the Cynder zombies and the hardcore Insomniac brats will never comprehend. Don't insult, don't get your undies in a bunch, and don't derail topics.

...now let's listen to some more Rob Thomas to get us into a happy mood. "Little Wonders", anyone? smilie
---
If you have a good dad, give him a hug for me, another for yourself, and a third one because he deserves it. Treasure him. You're lucky.
#15 Posted: 05:35:10 26/09/2010
Quote: Fasuhn

I can't say that's fully true. Most of the hardcore old series fans I've argued with tend to be obnoxious, arrogant, and look down upon anyone who even thinks LoS is just okay, let alone good. Reasonable old series fans tend to not get themselves into such flame wars.

Case in point, years back on the Sierra forums, there was a user named Raidon Makoto who was constantly wording his posts to provoke people into arguments. At the time, DotD hadn't even been released, yet he claimed he was the only intelligent person on the forum because everyone else was expressing interest in a game that was still on the way. One time when I argued with him, he used his knowledge from lurking to insult me on the most personal level possible, and I don't just mean this from a fan perspective.

There are a great deal of LoS fans that are similarly narrow-minded and insensitive - almost entirely the Cynder mob, really, if not just them. I find it's the old series' extremists who are more prone to starting wars, however.

All in all, expressing an opinion is fine, but we should all be tactful when we do so. Here are some ground rules I would lay for everyone:
Don't just say something sucks, give a reason for why you think that way. You don't have to write miniature essays like I do, but still, no one should be terribly vague in expression an opinion. Moreover, people should use a little logic. Don't like something? Don't post on positive topics. I've seen many perfectly good, fun threads get derailed over the ages because someone had to throw in some bad comments. If you dislike something, don't say it on a thread celebrating it - go someplace else to badmouth it or make your own thread. Most of all, don't condemn others for disagreeing with your own opinions. Their opinion is just as good as yours - something the Cynder zombies and the hardcore Insomniac brats will never comprehend. Don't insult, don't get your undies in a bunch, and don't derail topics.

...now let's listen to some more Rob Thomas to get us into a happy mood. "Little Wonders", anyone? smilie

I couldn't agree more with you, Fasuhn.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:12 26/09/2010 by ShadowDragon91
#16 Posted: 11:34:36 26/09/2010
I agree with Fashun. I've been a little fire-tounged before, if you catch my drift, but I don't think I'm what one would call and InsOmniac Brat, am I?
---
#17 Posted: 15:40:06 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
You should be on the offical warrior forums Fashun. Now THAT is a war torn forum!
#18 Posted: 18:13:15 26/09/2010
What do they fight about?
---
#19 Posted: 18:40:04 26/09/2010
I agree with Fashun. I've been a little fire-tounged before, if you catch my drift, but I don't think I'm what one would call and InsOmniac Brat, am I?

I've met a lot of fanbrats over time, and intuition tells me you're not one of them. :) The fact that you said what you just said rather proves it. Don't worry about being fire-tongued; I mean, yeah, I may seem all cool-headed and calm right now, but I've had lots of snappy moments, myself, and gotten in trouble for it. So don't worry about losing your cool now and then, it happens to the best of us. What matters is your overall intention, and to me it seems like you prefer peace :)

@ ignitusforever: Warrior forum? I've never been there, but don't worry, I know some fandoms are worse than Spyro's, and without even being in them. (See: Sonic :p) Yet still, that doesn't make the Spyro fandom's situation any less bad in my eyes. And trust me, I've been through a good few nasty forum wars in the past. Sierra forums was quite a battleground, and I'm a seasoned warrior who fought upon it. :p
---
#20 Posted: 20:58:50 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
What do they fight about?

Practically everything.
Whenever Firestar should die, why Millie sucks and Graystripe should be with Silverstream instead, LionxCinder,LionxIce,Spam,the hatred of admins for deleting Roleplaying threads,Ivypaw,Dovepaw, People who report others for no good reason,thread in the wrong forums, and so forth. In fact, the spam in the poll section was so bad the Admins were forced to close it.

Quote:
Warrior forum? I've never been there, but don't worry, I know some fandoms are worse than Spyro's
My point was that that forum could use someone like you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:43 26/09/2010 by ignitusforever
#21 Posted: 01:30:02 27/09/2010
^ I feel that the Warriors forums is aimed at a younger audience. I mean, you're not aloud to swear, or even cover it up with '*'. And even words like 'pee', 'darn', 'stupid' and many more are replaced with '*'. And it's all, "hey kids! Remember, never say your real name on the internet!". Trackers need more than just your name to hunt you down.

Mah name is Alicia. OMG some guy is gonna hunt me down now! (sarcasm in case you're wondering) D:
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:34 27/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#22 Posted: 03:15:20 27/09/2010
Quote:
Quote:
Warrior forum? I've never been there, but don't worry, I know some fandoms are worse than Spyro's
My point was that that forum could use someone like you.

Gah, I'm sorry, I was a little dense at the time when I read that post. I was working on a lab report for my Chemistry Lab class today, and it was draining my brains smilie

Well, what can I say? I take that as a high compliment smilie Thank you so much. I like to think I know how to be level-headed in the right situations, even though I do lose my temper on certain issues without wanting to. To put it one way, if you go on TV tropes, I might be what one would call a single topic wonk. smilie (or was it single issue wonk? I forget...) Look it up, though I warn you, that site can become addicting smilie
---
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#23 Posted: 04:18:47 27/09/2010
I actually now know how all the Old Spyro fans feel like. Except I felt it through the Looney Toons.

When I saw the Looney Toons new look I was furious that they changed their looks and wished they stayed with the old look. Then I realized this was exactly how all the Old Spyro fans felt about new Spyro.

At first I thought you guys were being ridiculous about it. But now that I got a sample of how you felt I felt guilty and realized I was wrong.

I'm sorry to all the Old Spyro fans. I now know why you say the things you do about New Spyro.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#24 Posted: 20:22:07 27/09/2010
Thanks for the understanding, but it's mor than just the look. It's everything really, the gameplay the tone, primarily the attitude of Spyro for some, including me.
---
#25 Posted: 23:00:46 27/09/2010 | Topic Creator
^ I feel that the Warriors forums is aimed at a younger audience. I mean, you're not aloud to swear, or even cover it up with '*'. And even words like 'pee', 'darn', 'stupid' and many more are replaced with '*'. And it's all, "hey kids! Remember, never say your real name on the internet!". Trackers need more than just your name to hunt you down.

Mah name is Alicia. OMG some guy is gonna hunt me down now! (sarcasm in case you're wondering) D:

Oh. Well, that's kind of stupid, forums are not meant for kids. Forums are for people who can take another opinion without immideatley flaming the person with all the swear words you know. smilie I kind of doubt the warriors forum is meant for a younger audience, not just for my reasoning above, but since Warriors is for people my age, (you know, old enough to be online)it shouldn't be for nine year olds. I guess the admins just thinks of us as babies who can't take care of themselves. smilie
#26 Posted: 23:23:10 27/09/2010
Meh. The Warriors fanbase is so horrible anyways, so it wouldn't matter if the forums are aimed at an older age. They think that gay relation ships is immature, they believe that Warriors is their life, they can't take opinions..... did I mention that they believe in StarClan...?

The Seekers area is good though. The people there are still immature, however. They're not as bad, and it's more peaceful there. But the problem is, the Warriors fans are spamming there, saying, "WARRIORS RULES SEEKERS SUCKS!" all over it, which is just annoying because that's all they type, and don't give a reason, and they're not mature about it ether. The seekers fans have tried reasoning with them, but they believe that they're not in the wrong and continue to do it. >.<

So basically, the Seekers fans are more mature than the Warriors fans. Yes, I do like Warriors more than Seekers, but the Seekers fanbase is much better than the Warriors fanbase. However, the Warriors books are getting a bit sucky now, and it's the same thing over and over. The first 6 books were great. The second series was great too, although not as good as the first, but it was still interesting. The third and fourth series just wasn't as good, and the plot got repetitive. The only reason why I'm still reading is the fact that my fave character is in them, Jayfeather, and I want to see the big battle with the Dark Forest at the end of the fourth season. I hate the fact that they use a character for one series, and then ditch it in the rest and leave that character to grow old and sucky, Firestar is a good example. I hate how they just ditched him in the third series. He was still a main character in the second, but he hardly appeared in the third. The Seekers books, however, get better and better every book.

I just couldn't take the immaturity, and fact that the admins are aiming the forums at a younger age, so I just left.

Thanks for the understanding, but it's mor than just the look. It's everything really, the gameplay the tone, primarily the attitude of Spyro for some, including me.

Yes, thanks for understanding. :3
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#27 Posted: 23:28:02 27/09/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
I actually now know how all the Old Spyro fans feel like. Except I felt it through the Looney Toons.

When I saw the Looney Toons new look I was furious that they changed their looks and wished they stayed with the old look. Then I realized this was exactly how all the Old Spyro fans felt about new Spyro.

At first I thought you guys were being ridiculous about it. But now that I got a sample of how you felt I felt guilty and realized I was wrong.

I'm sorry to all the Old Spyro fans. I now know why you say the things you do about New Spyro.

It's okay. We all sometimes feel that way, especially when we love a subject so much.

This song should be the Classic vs LOS fan's theme:

---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#28 Posted: 23:51:43 27/09/2010
Is the Warriors forum really that bad? Is there a link to it?
---
#29 Posted: 01:50:48 28/09/2010 | Topic Creator
well, the flame wars died down, but I'd say it's still pretty war divided.
http://forums.warriorcats.com/ Look around the Omen of The Stars forum, that's where most of it is.

@Spyroo I love Phil Collins!
#30 Posted: 02:14:07 28/09/2010
Quote: ignitusforever
http://forums.warriorcats.com/ Look around the Omen of The Stars forum, that's where most of it is.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any.
---
#31 Posted: 02:26:45 28/09/2010
I am looking up the Warrior Cats series and it intrigues me. Is the series any good? It kind of reminds me of the Ginga series except with cats.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:31 15/10/2010 by ShadowDragon91
#32 Posted: 08:10:57 28/09/2010
The first season is really great, and interesting. The second series is also good, but not as good as the first. But then it just went down hill from there, and the story got repetitive. Plus, the clan is all immature now, and the fifth series won't have Firestar in it obviously, and not matter what people say, Warriors won't be the same without Firestar. He started it all, and he should have been the one to end it.

Ugh. I just saw a topic were it was confirmed that there will be a fifth Warriors series. Honestly!? Warriors should stop already. It gets worse each season. I liked it when it was just Firestar and Greystripe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:13:54 28/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#33 Posted: 21:03:29 28/09/2010
^ I get annoyed with all the forbidden love in the Warrios books. I'm fine when it happens sometimes but when it's over and over like in Warriors it gets really annoying.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#34 Posted: 22:51:58 29/09/2010 | Topic Creator
The first season is really great, and interesting. The second series is also good, but not as good as the first. But then it just went down hill from there, and the story got repetitive. Plus, the clan is all immature now, and the fifth series won't have Firestar in it obviously, and not matter what people say, Warriors won't be the same without Firestar. He started it all, and he should have been the one to end it.

Ugh. I just saw a topic were it was confirmed that there will be a fifth Warriors series. Honestly!? Warriors should stop already. It gets worse each season. I liked it when it was just Firestar and Greystripe.

Well, I agree that POT was pretty bad, but OOTS has really picked up the mess so far. And well, I am not sure what people mean when the say Warriors won't be the same without Firestar. I kind of find Firestar to be a Gary sue. He tries his best to be perfect, he's loyal and brave and courageous all the time, and his flaws don't really make the fans feel closer to him. Lionblaze and Jayfeather seem to be fully functioning characters, with flaws that allowed them to develop throughout the seris, and those flaws allowed the fans to feel equal to them.
And on a last note, I can't agree more about the fifth seris. It's clear that Warriors has run it's course, and there really is no need to continue it.
#35 Posted: 00:13:51 30/09/2010
I have bad feeling that it's the fans pestering the authors to write a knew series......

Firestar was great in the first series, and did had flaws. I know, he turned all horrible after Dawn (I still found him good in Midnight and Moonrise. He started to suck after Greystripe disappeared), and I hate the fact that he let a whole bunch of useless kitty pets into the Clan, but the books still just won't be the same without him. However, I will be satisfied if he appears in StarClan many times, guiding the knew character in the fifth series....

IMO, Warriors is done, and they should write a knew book. IMO, a book about wolves or foxes would be great.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me