Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Why??? [CLOSED]
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1 Posted: 01:38:43 22/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I don't get why people have to complain about the Spyro games, whether they be original or the trilogy games. It's like everywhere I go someone is complaining about something. Now for my speech... sort of.

1.) The producers of this game put a lot of effort into making all of the games, and what do they get? A whole bunch of complaints. Why can't people just take the game for what it is? The Spyro games are really good, all of them are. Of course some things could have been improved, all games need improvment, no matter how good they are. I'm sure if money wasn't an issue, the games would have been improved where needed. But unfortunately, that is not the case. Don't people recognize how lucky we are to even have these games? I mean, decades ago, there wasn't even color, let alone television. Considering that, we really are lucky.

2.) As for those who do not at all appreciate the Legend of Spyro trilogy, because it is not "spyroish", then, what is "spyroish"? What could possibly happen in the Spyro games that would not make Spyro, Spyro? If Spyro turned into a mermaid, I would get that. But "The Legend of Spyro" Spyro not being Spyro?
People think that "The Legend of Spyro" Spyro is not "Spyroish" because he is nothing like the original Spyro, which is true because...

HE GREW UP! Everyone grows up! Even Peter Pan grows up. Of course he loses his attitude as he grows older, it is nature's way: for humans, and, apparently, for dragons as well. Think about it, in the original games, Spyro is really young. He bickers, he argues... (does this sound like you when you were younger?). Okay, then in A New Beginning and The Eternal Night, Spyro still bickers with Sparx (like sibling versus sibling, sound familiar?) but he has more respect for those of higher authority, like Ignitus. In Dawn of the Dragon, when Spyro is a lot older, he has pretty much lost all of his attitude, which makes sense.

I can't think of anything else to type, I'll edit it later.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 22:42:48 22/09/2010
IMO. . . the fact that he grew up. . . has nothing to do with it. To me that just some excuse the developers use to change a characters personality to make it go their own way. That's if to say that once you grow up, you forget everything as you did as a kid. The fun of running around playing tag, having sleep overs, and all that stuff. Saying because someone grows up they are now completely 180 from what they were when they were 10. . . is BS. Sure there are things we don't know because we'd matured. We understand that bickering goes nowhere because we learned that it doesn't go nowhere, that it's immature because it yields nothing.

I don't like TLOS just because "He grew up" - please! I don't like TLOS because it strays so far from its origins that its literally a big "SCREW YOU" from the developers of Sierra and Activision to the OSF (Original Spyro Fans). Spyro and Gary ( smilie ) are not the same dragon. Quite frankly, I don't care what anyone else says, there is no way in heck, that Gary and Spyro are the same dragon.
I've said what I thought about what made Spyro: Spyro in Stormy's thread. I've said this before, there was no need to stray so far from Spyro's origins to make TLOS. Different atmosphere: Fine. Different Gameplay: Unsung, but can tolerate it. Different Personality: I don't think so. That's like taking Sonic, and removing everything that we know about him and turning him into something completely different. "Lets make Sonic a slow, selfish greasy hedgehog. That only does this and this for his own reason and benefits and lets make him drive car and hold a shotgun". That's what its like for me, when I see Gary, and when I play TLOS.

People enjoyed TLOS. . . fine. I'm not saying that's wrong. I'm not saying that you're idiots if you do like TLOS. I'm saying that TLOS and the Origins of Spyro. . . are not even in the same solar system let a lone in the same galaxy. The only reason why its even here, is because it has the name of a well and beloved character in its title: Spyro. The main character in TLOS, is not Spyro, the gameplay, is not Spyro. I enjoyed Spyro for what he was, not for want I think it should have been like, not because of what others think it should be like. Simply because of what it was, for what the character was, for what the atmosphere was. If that's long gone. . . fine, so be it. Spyro is then, to me, dead. Nothing can replace that, because no one wants to it. They'll just keep making these cookie cutter games featuring Spyro which has nothing to do with what made him sell millions of copies. Not one million, millions.

*sigh*

So let me ask you this: Is it really, honestly and truthfully, too much to ask for a Spyro game that goes back to its roots, or even a mixture of TLOS and the Origins? smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#3 Posted: 22:55:44 22/09/2010
Quote: Wylrin
I don't get why people have to complain about the Spyro games, whether they be original or the trilogy games. It's like everywhere I go someone is complaining about something. Now for my speech... sort of.

1.) The producers of this game put a lot of effort into making all of the games, and what do they get? A whole bunch of complaints. Why can't people just take the game for what it is? The Spyro games are really good, all of them are. Of course some things could have been improved, all games need improvment, no matter how good they are. I'm sure if money wasn't an issue, the games would have been improved where needed. But unfortunately, that is not the case. Don't people recognize how lucky we are to even have these games? I mean, decades ago, there wasn't even color, let alone television. Considering that, we really are lucky.

2.) As for those who do not at all appreciate the Legend of Spyro trilogy, because it is not "spyroish", then, what is "spyroish"? What could possibly happen in the Spyro games that would not make Spyro, Spyro? If Spyro turned into a mermaid, I would get that. But "The Legend of Spyro" Spyro not being Spyro?
People think that "The Legend of Spyro" Spyro is not "Spyroish" because he is nothing like the original Spyro, which is true because...

HE GREW UP! Everyone grows up! Even Peter Pan grows up. Of course he loses his attitude as he grows older, it is nature's way: for humans, and, apparently, for dragons as well. Think about it, in the original games, Spyro is really young. He bickers, he argues... (does this sound like you when you were younger?). Okay, then in A New Beginning and The Eternal Night, Spyro still bickers with Sparx (like sibling versus sibling, sound familiar?) but he has more respect for those of higher authority, like Ignitus. In Dawn of the Dragon, when Spyro is a lot older, he has pretty much lost all of his attitude, which makes sense.

I can't think of anything else to type, I'll edit it later.

I agree. Personally I think all of the fights between Original and TLoS fans needs to stop.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#4 Posted: 22:59:28 22/09/2010
Quote: Zackeio
IMO. . . the fact that he grew up. . . has nothing to do with it. To me that just some excuse the developers use to change a characters personality to make it go their own way. That's if to say that once you grow up, you forget everything as you did as a kid. The fun of running around playing tag, having sleep overs, and all that stuff. Saying because someone grows up they are now completely 180 from what they were when they were 10. . . is BS. Sure there are things we don't know because we'd matured. We understand that bickering goes nowhere because we learned that it doesn't go nowhere, that it's immature because it yields nothing.

I don't like TLOS just because "He grew up" - please! I don't like TLOS because it strays so far from its origins that its literally a big "SCREW YOU" from the developers of Sierra and Activision to the OSF (Original Spyro Fans). Spyro and Gary ( smilie ) are not the same dragon. Quite frankly, I don't care what anyone else says, there is no way in heck, that Gary and Spyro are the same dragon.
I've said what I thought about what made Spyro: Spyro in Stormy's thread. I've said this before, there was no need to stray so far from Spyro's origins to make TLOS. Different atmosphere: Fine. Different Gameplay: Unsung, but can tolerate it. Different Personality: I don't think so. That's like taking Sonic, and removing everything that we know about him and turning him into something completely different. "Lets make Sonic a slow, selfish greasy hedgehog. That only does this and this for his own reason and benefits and lets make him drive car and hold a shotgun". That's what its like for me, when I see Gary, and when I play TLOS.

People enjoyed TLOS. . . fine. I'm not saying that's wrong. I'm not saying that you're idiots if you do like TLOS. I'm saying that TLOS and the Origins of Spyro. . . are not even in the same solar system let a lone in the same galaxy. The only reason why its even here, is because it has the name of a well and beloved character in its title: Spyro. The main character in TLOS, is not Spyro, the gameplay, is not Spyro. I enjoyed Spyro for what he was, not for want I think it should have been like, not because of what others think it should be like. Simply because of what it was, for what the character was, for what the atmosphere was. If that's long gone. . . fine, so be it. Spyro is then, to me, dead. Nothing can replace that, because no one wants to it. They'll just keep making these cookie cutter games featuring Spyro which has nothing to do with what made him sell millions of copies. Not one million, millions.

*sigh*

So let me ask you this: Is it really, honestly and truthfully, too much to ask for a Spyro game that goes back to its roots, or even a mixture of TLOS and the Origins? smilie

Yet again
Very well said smilie
Agree 100%
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#5 Posted: 23:25:06 22/09/2010
Yet again, Zackeio sums everything up perfectly.

Seriously though, Wylrin, did you have to bring this up when the fans are starting to stop arguing?

The next person to say 'He grew up' gets a seal of disapproval though. Yeah, let's grow up Mario and Sonic then, I can't wait to see what they're like!....Not. smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#6 Posted: 00:57:10 23/09/2010 | Topic Creator

*sigh*

Okay, not saying that your opinion is wrong or anything like that, but I don't really get how Spyro could change so much that he would not even be Spyro anymore, but that is just my opinion.

But then again, one could think that there are indeed two Spyros. There are two storylines- the originals, and the legend trilogy. The original games are all plotted alongside the Year of the Dragon. While the legend trilogy is based off of Spyro saving the world from the clutches of evil. So basically the two series of Spyro games were not really going in order in the same saga, they were like two different versions of Spyro games. Therefore two different versions of Spyro.

I am starting to see where some people are coming from... here's my version of understanding: It's kind of like a movie based off of a television series or book. The basic facts of the tv series/book are kept in the movie, while many changes are made either to please the audience, or because of finacial issues.

There were several little things that stayed the same between each set of Spyro series, however. I cannot think of them all right now, but the one that came to mind is: the eggs were to hatch on the Year of the Dragon (if they had not been killed first smilie poor wyrmlings).

So really either opinion is correct, it depends on one's point of view.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#7 Posted: 01:59:24 23/09/2010

Okay, not saying that your opinion is wrong or anything like that, but I don't really get how Spyro could change so much that he would not even be Spyro anymore, but that is just my opinion.

But then again, one could think that there are indeed two Spyros. There are two storylines- the originals, and the legend trilogy. The original games are all plotted alongside the Year of the Dragon. While the legend trilogy is based off of Spyro saving the world from the clutches of evil. So basically the two series of Spyro games were not really going in order in the same saga, they were like two different versions of Spyro games. Therefore two different versions of Spyro.

I am starting to see where some people are coming from... here's my version of understanding: It's kind of like a movie based off of a television series or book. The basic facts of the tv series/book are kept in the movie, while many changes are made either to please the audience, or because of finacial issues.

There were several little things that stayed the same between each set of Spyro series, however. I cannot think of them all right now, but the one that came to mind is: the eggs were to hatch on the Year of the Dragon (if they had not been killed first smilie poor wyrmlings).

So really either opinion is correct, it depends on one's point of view.

If you want another example of small things that were kept. The Big noisy monsters in StD, Magic Crafters world, Alpine Plains, look similar to the big monsters in Burned Lands that are yellow.

Look, I don't even know if TLOS is just a different version of Spyro, or something different all together. To me, a personality change is more than just a different version, its not even growing up. Through my perception, TLOS is just something completely off the wall. I just feel like they took something that they liked, and corrupted and twisted to satisfy their own needs. I still don't know what Spyro fan wanted a deeper story, a complete absolute nonsense of beating up apes and other creatures to get through, no portals, no flights, no collecting to get through the next area, none of that. So to me, TLOS is a different version than Spyro, just not through the will of the fans.

I certainly didn't ask for something like TLOS. I wouldn't mind something like TLOS: The atmosphere especially, everything else. . . meh. But geeze, was nuking the origins of Spyro truly necessary to make it? What ticks me off more, is that Krome did all this because they felt that "bubble gum atmosphere" in the originals was unappealing to make it epic. . . give me a break smilie .

If they would have actually studied StD they would have added much more depth and drama in that simple game. Look at Super Mario Galaxy. Still aimed at kids, but man is it ever fun, and epic. Just because its aimed at kids, doesn't mean it can't be epic, or dramatic, or suspenseful. They didn't realize that the dragon Worlds in StD were more harmonious to nature than compared to Gnasty's World which was more industrialized. Now again just because it was aimed at kids, doesn't one can't realized that "Crap just got real" when you get the Beast Makers Homeworld, or even Gnasty's world.

The Gnorcs there were pulling off some new tricks that Spyro never encountered before: Electricity, Guns, and Machines. They could have easily turned that into something better besides just another enemy type that you can either flame or charge. But. . . they decided that was too kiddie and gave us this mess instead.

All I'm saying is that they could, and should have studied the originals, made a game based off of that, and made it epic. That's all. Even if TLOS was a reboot, I still don't think it was needed to change Spyro's personality.

Oh, btw, it doesn't matter where you go Wylrin. . . whining and complaining is in every fandom. It just part of it. But I guess Spyro's fandom of whining and complaining can be bit. . . overbearing. I apologize for my long winded post, but *sigh* I guess I still feel suckered punched, and back stabbed by what Sierra and Activision had planned when making TLOS. I just hope. . . that I can at least see one more Spyro game, closer if not completely back to its roots. But I got a feeling that will never happen smilie .
---
My Gallery
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#8 Posted: 02:03:29 23/09/2010
*Sigh* the naive ways of a red sparx..
Money was never a factor. The company of TLOS was too lazy to make a true effort and just threw the game out there hoping people would be too blind to see the flaws.
The old spyro games had unlockables, more modes to play, minigames, probably two year's worth of more gameplay, heck, even the loading screens were more designed. I am sure if they can throw all that in, money is no obstacle.
And for your information, Spyro never grew up. They rebooted him, which included changing his personailty, which left no room for character development.
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#9 Posted: 02:35:29 23/09/2010
yeah the arguements have to stop. i like the point Wylrin made. it should stop we ought to cool it because its spyro.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#10 Posted: 06:36:16 23/09/2010
This is just pointless, Wylrin. Why did you have to bring the subject up again?! The fights were actually calming down, and there was no need to bring this up again.

I agree with Zackeio 100%. I don't like TLOS because it's nothing like the first three Spyro games, which I grew up with. It's like grabbing everything what made Spyro and flushing it down the toilet. Heck I only love the first four Spyro games, it went down hill after ETD.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#11 Posted: 11:40:22 23/09/2010
Huh, I grew up with the first three as well, just as my siblings did. I loved them, i still do, and i also like TLoS, even though it's completely different.

But we all can't agree, so we should really just stop all of this now..
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#12 Posted: 14:37:18 23/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
This is just pointless, Wylrin. Why did you have to bring the subject up again?! The fights were actually calming down, and there was no need to bring this up again.

I agree with Zackeio 100%. I don't like TLOS because it's nothing like the first three Spyro games, which I grew up with. It's like grabbing everything what made Spyro and flushing it down the toilet. Heck I only love the first four Spyro games, it went down hill after ETD.

What about AHT?
---
Keep smile
#13 Posted: 22:12:31 23/09/2010
It's a good game and all. But it just doesn't have the magic, and it ****** up all the characters, including Spyro, and Bentley the most.
---
#14 Posted: 22:42:53 23/09/2010
Wylrin is trying to stop fights,and people are going after him/her like he did something wrong.I dont see how the fights are calming down.Things might be peacefull on this site for the moment but the fights between Orginal fans and TLoS fans are still raging elsewhere.

Seriously,Why are you going after someone who is tyring to do the right thing?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:34 23/09/2010 by crazyspyrofan
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 23:06:56 23/09/2010
Probably to defend their views of the current condition of the franchise and the changes of its titular character.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:24:51 23/09/2010 by Aura24
#16 Posted: 01:26:48 24/09/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan
Wylrin is trying to stop fights,and people are going after him/her like he did something wrong.I dont see how the fights are calming down.Things might be peacefull on this site for the moment but the fights between Orginal fans and TLoS fans are still raging elsewhere.

*sigh* smilie . . . To stop a fight. . . one must understand both sides of the story from the beginning. To stop a fight, one needs to identify the victim(s) and the oppressor(s). One must bring realization and truth on both sides of the argument and bring realization and truth to both so they can come to a conclusion that will end fighting.

No side, OSF or TLOS should remain silent when expressing their opinion on a Spyro game. No side should. Its why some of us here, want a mixture of both, so these "fights" can stop. I've been asking why TLOS fans like TLOS from the start. The closet thing that I got was: I simply enjoy it. Its not much, but heck its something! No one can wave a magic wand and all fighting will stop. . . please. You want all this "fighting" to stop. . . then forget what you know, and start listening to both sides of the story. Start seeking out the truth, start seeking out who's the victim(s) and who's the oppressor(s).

Do I think Wyrlin was doing something wrong here: No. Do I think he was doing something right here: No. IMO, Wyrlin is stating an opinion, maybe even a complaint on the complaints and whining of others. My preferences, my perception, my opinion. . . is just an example. That's all it is, its not right, its not wrong, its just an example. Of what? Of how a fandom is, of how the world is, of how people can act, on how many different ways people can see things. . . its not right nor wrong, to voice in opinion. How it's said, now that can be improved upon, but stating it no.

Everyone here has that right, and that right to "fight" for it as well. Stopping all fights, its. . . almost if you're saying no one should say their opinion. I dunno, but if that's your train of thought. . . fine, no one is forcing you to post anyway. In fact, if you are posting, then wouldn't that mean that you're willing to fight for something?
---
My Gallery
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#17 Posted: 01:50:45 24/09/2010

He maybe doing the right thing, but he's doing it the wrong way.
1. The wars of Originalv.sTLOS have calmed down around DarkSpyro, therefore the exisitence of this thread isn't nesseary
2.His arguements are wrong and biast. I'll say this again, money was NOT a factor, and Spyro did NOT grow up, he was rebooted. Look at the original Spyro's personailty and design my friend, there is a very wide distance.
#18 Posted: 02:22:20 24/09/2010

*sigh* smilie . . . To stop a fight. . . one must understand both sides of the story from the beginning. To stop a fight, one needs to identify the victim(s) and the oppressor(s). One must bring realization and truth on both sides of the argument and bring realization and truth to both so they can come to a conclusion that will end fighting.

No side, OSF or TLOS should remain silent when expressing their opinion on a Spyro game. No side should. Its why some of us here, want a mixture of both, so these "fights" can stop. I've been asking why TLOS fans like TLOS from the start. The closet thing that I got was: I simply enjoy it. Its not much, but heck its something! No one can wave a magic wand and all fighting will stop. . . please. You want all this "fighting" to stop. . . then forget what you know, and start listening to both sides of the story. Start seeking out the truth, start seeking out who's the victim(s) and who's the oppressor(s).

Do I think Wyrlin was doing something wrong here: No. Do I think he was doing something right here: No. IMO, Wyrlin is stating an opinion, maybe even a complaint on the complaints and whining of others. My preferences, my perception, my opinion. . . is just an example. That's all it is, its not right, its not wrong, its just an example. Of what? Of how a fandom is, of how the world is, of how people can act, on how many different ways people can see things. . . its not right nor wrong, to voice in opinion. How it's said, now that can be improved upon, but stating it no.

Everyone here has that right, and that right to "fight" for it as well. Stopping all fights, its. . . almost if you're saying no one should say their opinion. I dunno, but if that's your train of thought. . . fine, no one is forcing you to post anyway. In fact, if you are posting, then wouldn't that mean that you're willing to fight for something?

I completely agree there.
Like you had said, fans will defend something they care about. And here, that's what happened. Wyrlin wasn't trying to start an argument. I made the mistake of making one of these topics back when I joined this site, and it started a big argument.. smilie Heck, I still make those kinds of mistakes. We just have to let others have their opinions.
#19 Posted: 22:24:17 24/09/2010

You misunderstood me. I beleive everyone has the right to state their opinion,and I have nothing against friendly debates,but far too often those debates turn into flame wars becuase an orginal fan or a TLoS fan will take it too far. I think Wylrin was trying to stop these flame wars,not trying to take rights away.Yes,I am willing to stand up for the series I like but I dont think a video game is worth going overboard for.
---
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#20 Posted: 22:33:24 24/09/2010
Quote: shorty
While everyone does have their likes and dislikes of both series,every has to think:Spyro is still Spyro. If you really think about it he's still the purple dragon who saves the world,he may have changed forms,he may have been rebooted,his personality may have changed but he is still Spyro. And unless any one gets one million dollars(or so),hands it to Activision and then hands Spyro to Insomniac,the games probably won't improve and possibly will cease. But after all that is the way of the world,life isn't fair and we don't always get what we want.Who knows? Perhaps Insomniac sold Spyro because they were done with him. Perhaps if Insomniac got Spyro back they wouldn't continue him. You never know. But Insomniac was bankrupt(as says my sister) and they could have sold Ratchet&Clank or Sonic but they didn't,they sold Spyro. Meaning as said above:Maybe they were done with him.
Hate to break it to ya'll but it's quite true.

enough said...
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:38 24/09/2010 by NightBlade
#21 Posted: 22:48:08 24/09/2010
I've never understood how the same character can be born in two different worlds....

In other words: I don't believe Spyro is still Spyro. Not when there's nothing except a name and colour matching them.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#22 Posted: 23:21:47 24/09/2010

You misunderstood me. I beleive everyone has the right to state their opinion,and I have nothing against friendly debates,but far too often those debates turn into flame wars becuase an orginal fan or a TLoS fan will take it too far. I think Wylrin was trying to stop these flame wars,not trying to take rights away.Yes,I am willing to stand up for the series I like but I dont think a video game is worth going overboard for.

Very well. . . However, whether it starts out as a friendly debate or a heated flame war, that doesn't mean that it'll end in the same manner. How each side presents and understands the opposition's point of view will decide on how a. . . argument will end. One has got to give that argument a chance to see where it will end. Regardless of what you feel, or think on the subject, I'll leave it be. If you think this is flaming, then I won't bother to start another argument proving that it isn't.

True, a lot of the arguments here has gone up in flames. But whose fault is that? It's the not case (subject), but who's fighting (posting) for that case. The person behind it is what cause a flame war or simply a heated discussion. Getting this worked up over a video game is a bit. . . silly. But that's why I said that if they no longer make a Spyro game close to his origins, then there will be no need for me to come here anymore. There will be no need for me to even think about playing or even buying the game to check it out. Spyro. . . his true origins will just be tossed aside and forgotten. Because no one, or more importantly, the market doesn't care for a game like Spyro unless he's like this.

I don't follow Spyro just because a character looks like him, has his name, abilities, species. . . I do so for his Game Genre, and his personality, is true personality.

Spyro gave me something as a kid and I think taking that for granted is. . . well inconsiderate. Maybe I'm being selfish to want Spyro to go back to its roots. . . but heck I'm willing to take stuff from TLOS and incorporate that into an Origin Spyro game. I don't know if that's enough, I don't know if this long winded rant is getting through to anyone. But heck, I gotta try at least.

I don't think that Wyrlin was trying to start something or trying to end something. I see it as him stating an opinion and that's all.
---
My Gallery
#23 Posted: 23:34:49 24/09/2010

*sigh* -_- . . . To stop a fight. . . one must understand both sides of the story from the beginning. To stop a fight, one needs to identify the victim(s) and the oppressor(s). One must bring realization and truth on both sides of the argument and bring realization and truth to both so they can come to a conclusion that will end fighting.

Why try to stop one when it's already dieing down? It's pointless.

And why must the Original Spyro fans suddenly get hated? This topic was aimed at both sides, not just the Original Spyro fans. There is no need to flame us, because it's just adding fuel to the fire.

Original Spyro fan: "TLOS-"
Legend Spyro fan: "OMG HE'S FLAMING TLOS! GET HIM!!!"

That's pretty much happening now, and it's getting out of hand.
---
#24 Posted: 23:38:19 24/09/2010

Very well. . . However, whether it starts out as a friendly debate or a heated flame war, that doesn't mean that it'll end in the same manner. How each side presents and understands the opposition's point of view will decide on how a. . . argument will end. One has got to give that argument a chance to see where it will end. Regardless of what you feel, or think on the subject, I'll leave it be. If you think this is flaming, then I won't bother to start another argument proving that it isn't.

True, a lot of the arguments here has gone up in flames. But whose fault is that? It's the not case (subject), but who's fighting (posting) for that case. The person behind it is what cause a flame war or simply a heated discussion. Getting this worked up over a video game is a bit. . . silly. But that's why I said that if they no longer make a Spyro game close to his origins, then there will be no need for me to come here anymore. There will be no need for me to even think about playing or even buying the game to check it out. Spyro. . . his true origins will just be tossed aside and forgotten. Because no one, or more importantly, the market doesn't care for a game like Spyro unless he's like this.

I don't follow Spyro just because a character looks like him, has his name, abilities, species. . . I do so for his Game Genre, and his personality, is true personality.

Spyro gave me something as a kid and I think taking that for granted is. . . well inconsiderate. Maybe I'm being selfish to want Spyro to go back to its roots. . . but heck I'm willing to take stuff from TLOS and incorporate that into an Origin Spyro game. I don't know if that's enough, I don't know if this long winded rant is getting through to anyone. But heck, I gotta try at least.

I don't think that Wyrlin was trying to start something or trying to end something. I see it as him stating an opinion and that's all.

That's your views.Fair enough.

I dont think this is flaming I just dont think Wrylin deserved all the negative response he was getting. It wasnt you I was referring to.

Edit: To DarkCynder 543: I wasnt flaming orginal fans.I said orginal fans AND TLoS fans.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:40:39 24/09/2010 by crazyspyrofan
#25 Posted: 00:50:59 25/09/2010
Then I apologized. I must have read it wrong.

But still, the fight was dieing down, and saying this will just bring it all back up again. And Aura, why say that? The fight was already dieing down. There was no need to say that, same goes to you, csf.

I'm just pissed at the fact that people are continuing to complain over nothing. The fight is dieing down. What more do you possibly want!?
---
#26 Posted: 00:54:18 25/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

I'm just pissed at the fact that people are continuing to complain over nothing. The fight is dieing down. What more do you possibly want!?

I gotta admit.

They're getting sick of people complaining about TLOS, I'm getting sick of them whining about it. Don't like it? Just. Leave. It.

If people don't like the originals, I certainly don't stick my nose in smilie
---
#27 Posted: 02:22:38 25/09/2010
I dont get why people are saying the fight is dying down,becuase it's not.It may be calm on this site at the moment.

Plus,Wylrin's post might have been refering to the whole internet in general not just DS.

There was a need for me to say what I said.He/She doesnt deserve all the negativity that was getting shoved at them.
---
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#28 Posted: 02:30:49 25/09/2010
I convinced myself that there will never be peace on this topic. Just like how there will never be peace about 2d and 3d Sonic. Also how there will never be peace on Link's new look. Finally there will never be peace when it comes to game couples.

It's a never ending war to me. I tried to make them have peace many times before but they would only cause me to start to argue too.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#29 Posted: 02:37:41 25/09/2010
Honestly, it just gets me...extremely annoyed...with people either bashing or complaining about TLoS everywhere i go.
We get that you dislike it by now. We get it.
It's just tiring to hear after a while.
So you can't blame us if we get mad.
And I can't blame you if you get mad at me...I'm just saying it how I see it.

And I'm definitely not trying to start up a whole argument about it. I just wish we could talk it over, but someone always ends up saying something that puts someone off, all of us.
#30 Posted: 02:39:01 25/09/2010
^ I am so glad someone see my point.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#31 Posted: 02:43:14 25/09/2010
Quote: Darby
Honestly, it just gets me...extremely annoyed...with people either bashing or complaining about TLoS everywhere i go.

And I'm definitely not trying to start up a whole argument about it. I just wish we could talk it over, but someone always ends up saying something that puts someone off, all of us.

Well put. I agree.
---
#32 Posted: 02:48:32 25/09/2010
Quote: shorty
While everyone does have their likes and dislikes of both series,every has to think:Spyro is still Spyro. If you really think about it he's still the purple dragon who saves the world,he may have changed forms,he may have been rebooted,his personality may have changed but he is still Spyro. And unless any one gets one million dollars(or so),hands it to Activision and then hands Spyro to Insomniac,the games probably won't improve and possibly will cease. But after all that is the way of the world,life isn't fair and we don't always get what we want.Who knows? Perhaps Insomniac sold Spyro because they were done with him. Perhaps if Insomniac got Spyro back they wouldn't continue him. You never know. But Insomniac was bankrupt(as says my sister) and they could have sold Ratchet&Clank or Sonic but they didn't,they sold Spyro. Meaning as said above:Maybe they were done with him.
Hate to break it to ya'll but it's quite true.

I agree. I really agree.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#33 Posted: 13:59:23 25/09/2010
I hope you realized a topic about the fight between old and new would attract fans of both and lead not to a fight, but to a debate about the whole thing. You can make whatever topics you like, but if you want the fights to end it's best to just not make topics concerning the two.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#34 Posted: 14:23:13 25/09/2010
Quote: Darby

I can see your point, really I can. I'm trying not to bash TLOS anymore, but there are some points (read: DOTD's storyline) that I still feel 'rawr why did they do that' so to speak. Yes it's done, but it still annoys me.

But yeah, I don't mind TLOS anymore. I still don't like it as much as classic of course, but I can accept it better now.
---
#35 Posted: 19:17:29 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator
... Well, this is certainly not what I was hoping would happen in this post. I had assumed my mere statement of understanding thought would not arrise yet another pointless war between Spyro fans. I refuse to argue with how the Spyro games are and have been. The Originals are the Originals, the Trilogy is the Trilogy, and for the time it will be so. They are what they are, and they are here now, and they will stay here. Argueing will not make anything better, only worse, by bringing this once peaceful site into a fiery inferno of chaos....

For those of you who lithe me and my attempts to try to die down the flames of war, for those of you who think that I am, indeed, feeding these flames, then do so. I have always been one that others misunderstand. Not just here, but everywhere else I go, in real life as well, I am either liked or hated, no more, no less, never in between. How? Good question. Sometimes I wonder whether it is that my words are not heard correctly, or if some do not here my words at all. Positive or negative thoughts of me? No matter. I still try my best as a misunderstood loner to bring some equality into this universe.

In my opinion, there is a deep secret within everything, including these arguements. I intend to find out such secrets, no matter the costs. Sometimes you have to make a mess to clean up, and if this mess is able to be cleaned, possibly making it worse momentarily will be worth while.

Agree? Disagree? That is your decision to make. I do not expect people to understand me, nor agree with me. But if it takes only my confidence to guide me on this near impossible task, then so be it. I do not expect others to support me, in fact I nearly expect people to hate me. But if that is the way it must be, then I will do what I must.

I am not wise, not nearly, but I am not naive either. I will strive to find out the hidden link to this conflict, for I feel that I must...

And I haven't had to have been here long to know how much argueing some can do.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:27:53 25/09/2010 by Wylrin
#36 Posted: 20:12:53 25/09/2010
I don't hate you at all - I would never hate anyone over something like this. People just have strong opinions, is all.

Although, with topics like this, when you're new to a forum, it's always best to look back at older posts. It always gives me an idea of the people that use the forum, how they react, etc.
---
#37 Posted: 21:24:05 25/09/2010
... Well, this is certainly not what I was hoping would happen in this post. I had assumed my mere statement of understanding thought would not arrise yet another pointless war between Spyro fans. I refuse to argue with how the Spyro games are and have been. The Originals are the Originals, the Trilogy is the Trilogy, and for the time it will be so. They are what they are, and they are here now, and they will stay here. Argueing will not make anything better, only worse, by bringing this once peaceful site into a fiery inferno of chaos....

For those of you who lithe me and my attempts to try to die down the flames of war, for those of you who think that I am, indeed, feeding these flames, then do so. I have always been one that others misunderstand. Not just here, but everywhere else I go, in real life as well, I am either loved or hated, no more, no less, never in between. How? Good question. Sometimes I wonder whether it is that my words are not heard correctly, or if some do not here my words at all. Positive or negative thoughts of me? No matter. I still try my best as a misunderstood loner to bring some equality into this universe.

In my opinion, there is a deep secret within everything, including these arguements. I intend to find out such secrets, no matter the costs. Sometimes you have to make a mess to clean up, and if this mess is able to be cleaned, possibly making it worse momentarily will be worth while.

Agree? Disagree? That is your decision to make. I do not expect people to understand me, nor agree with me. But if it takes only my confidence to guide me on this near impossible task, then so be it. I do not expect others to support me, in fact I nearly expect people to hate me. But if that is the way it must be, then I will do what I must.

I am not wise, not nearly, but I am not naive either. I will strive to find out the hidden link to this conflict, for I feel that I must...

And I haven't had to have been here long to know how much argueing some can do.

I agree. That is exactly how I feel.
---
#38 Posted: 22:34:21 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I state by pure truth, that I always try to find peace within war. However, it seems my efforts burst into an uproar of flames. But perhaps that is my fault... I'm not exactly your professional diplomat now am I? smilie I will double my efforts to word my thoughts differently, and, perhaps, the peace within can be found.
---
#39 Posted: 00:04:34 26/09/2010
I state by pure truth, that I always try to find peace within war. However, it seems my efforts burst into an uproar of flames. But perhaps that is my fault... I'm not exactly your professional diplomat now am I? smilie I will double my efforts to word my thoughts differently, and, perhaps, the peace within can be found.

I don't know why, but I feel I must apologize to you. I guess I misunderstood you and other Spyro Fans here within this thread. However, I mean what I meant when I said that Spyro, or Gary ( smilie ), growing up was not the reason why I specifically dislike TLOS (There are way more reasons why I dislike the series. . . trust me on that one smilie ). I'm sure you meet some Spyro Fans who moan and whine about that particular aspect.

Maybe I just feel that there is more than just one problem within the fanbase beside the characters themselves. Maybe its just us. Maybe we want something out of the little purple guy so much that we forget why we are here in the first place. To me, and maybe its just only me, TLOS Spyro will probably never be the same Spyro as I knew him as a kid. Maybe, but to those who just now played TLOS, or define Spyro outside of my logical understanding, Gary is Spyro.

I don't like it, but hey, I'm just fan of the original Spyro games. I can't stop you or anyone else from thinking differently. Heck, I can't stop people who do agree with me, which at times is sometimes more confusing then people who do disagree me. . . don't ask me why smilie . But - *sigh* Sorry for seeing your thread end up like this. I guess I'm partially to blame for it. . . at least that's what I feel like smilie .
---
My Gallery
#40 Posted: 01:30:40 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
No need to apologize, we all have our own opinions, and we all have our own ways of expressing them. smilie Perhaps making this thread was a bad idea... but it could give clues to figure out a way of "defining" Spyro.

smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me