Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What do you want the next Spyro game's theme to be?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What do you want the next Spyro game's theme to be? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 17:42:56 17/09/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Quote: Aura24

No, just no. But I respect that that's your speculation.

Even if they do have the characters redesigned and personality changed for the new universe if they continue with it, then they'll probably be way different than what you speculated.

I wasn't completely serious. I was half joking. .__.

I don't think so. Since the trilogy was made to recreate Spyro's world and continue from there, then there's a chance that the next game won't be associated with the trilogy, but still in the same universe. Like Ignitus still alive, and other villian other than Malefor terrorizes the land.

And to some fans who thought the producers were out of ideas for the next villian and other things, they're wrong. They had possibly prepared the storyline and the new villian for the next game back in 2009, before Activision butted in and probably changed the game's universe and story setting just for some idea they think will get them more money from us Spyro fans.

If Activsion would to change it back to the originals, I would love the for ever. smilie

Besides, they never said that they will continue on from TLOS universe in the first place. All they said was that it was made to recreate Spyro's universe.

They never said they would go back to the originals either.

Yeah, and the producers did say that they only "scratched the surface" with the LoS trilogy, meaning there would be more Spyro games in the same universe. But with Activision and all, we don't know what they're up to.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#52 Posted: 17:47:10 17/09/2010
Hm. Activision may look at the long scale facts (read: money maker) over the actual storyline and setting.

Right now, it really could go either way with either series.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#53 Posted: 19:00:31 17/09/2010
Cynder turns out to be a traitor always on Malefor's side just in denial and playing her part.

She turns evil betrays Spyro and ends up dying in the end.

No kids, no second chances, darker story line where Spyro's nightmares come out after him, a character that follows Spyro around and uses his own thoughts against him brings out fake scenes for Spyro to face, and bring in more characters from the past games but Spyro's to freaked out to trust anyone.

o:
That's what I want I don't care about what you all have to say on it really, this is the only way Spyro can redeem himself in my eyes right now he's just a whiny little love struck baby and I hate that. >.>
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:25 17/09/2010 by Adria
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#54 Posted: 21:49:55 17/09/2010
Listen, nothing is certain now. Literally ANYTHING can happen. So just chill out, keep bust (time goes faster when you're busy) and try to keep faith an open mind.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#55 Posted: 07:50:55 20/09/2010

No, just no. But I respect that that's your speculation.

Even if they do have the characters redesigned and personality changed for the new universe if they continue with it, then they'll probably be way different than what you speculated.

I don't think so. Since the trilogy was made to recreate Spyro's world and continue from there, then there's a chance that the next game won't be associated with the trilogy, but still in the same universe. Like Ignitus still alive, and other villian other than Malefor terrorizes the land.

And to some fans who thought the producers were out of ideas for the next villian and other things, they're wrong. They had possibly prepared the storyline and the new villian for the next game back in 2009, before Activision butted in and probably changed the game's universe and story setting just for some idea they think will get them more money from us Spyro fans.

If Activsion would to change it back to the originals, I would love the for ever. smilie

Besides, they never said that they will continue on from TLOS universe in the first place. All they said was that it was made to recreate Spyro's universe.

I know that, do you really think I didn't? I was saying that IF Activision did the originals, then I would be so happy with them. I never said that they WILL do the originals again. >.<

Yeah, and the producers did say that they only "scratched the surface" with the LoS trilogy, meaning there would be more Spyro games in the same universe. But with Activision and all, we don't know what they're up to.

That could mean anything. It could just mean that there will be more Spyro games.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:53:58 20/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#56 Posted: 07:54:51 20/09/2010
I know that there are making more game, I meant that we don't know what Activision is up to changing things with the future of the franchise.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#57 Posted: 08:27:51 20/09/2010
I just hope they change things for the better..... D:
---
#58 Posted: 12:07:35 20/09/2010

I think that was before the merger. Maybe they never meant for Malefor to be defeated, or maybe they meant to introduce a greater evil but didn't because Activision intervened. I've said it before, but I just don't see that much more possibility for the LOS universe.
---
#59 Posted: 12:33:07 20/09/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

I think that was before the merger. Maybe they never meant for Malefor to be defeated, or maybe they meant to introduce a greater evil but didn't because Activision intervened. I've said it before, but I just don't see that much more possibility for the LOS universe.

There is one option, which I would HATE to happen. And that's the one about Spyro and Cynder's child.... *gags*
---
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#60 Posted: 13:27:53 20/09/2010
Or Malefor comes back. Why does everyone act like he's trapped forever?
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#61 Posted: 21:13:35 20/09/2010

There is one option, which I would HATE to happen. And that's the one about Spyro and Cynder's child.... *gags*

Ugh. If that happened, I would not even buy the game secondhand.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#62 Posted: 22:27:40 20/09/2010

Because a game were Malefor comes back would be kind of stupid tbh.
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#63 Posted: 22:35:32 20/09/2010

Because a game were Malefor comes back would be kind of stupid tbh.

Malefor:'haha I've returned!! And NOW I'm going to try to blow up the planet!....AGAIN!!!!!1111!'

yea...:l
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#64 Posted: 01:14:47 21/09/2010
How about, they make an orignal Spyro game but with some legend characters (like Cynder and Ignitus)... Because Sheila was my favorite character and I really hate seeing her gone smilie

And also, it would be cool to see Cynder done in orignal Spyro design. She'd be cute smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#65 Posted: 22:35:01 21/09/2010
That's what I'm thinking. Do the originals again, but keep TLOS characters. and maybe add in a few miny games were you use TLOS combat.

I'm drawing original Cynder now. It's like her in TEN, but redone to suit the Original games. Her eyes are like Original Spyro's but a little smaller, with eyelashes on the end. She stands on two legs, but runs on all fours. And, she's BLACK. Not grey. Not dark blue/dark purple.
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#66 Posted: 22:44:19 21/09/2010
I would be happy with a new orginal or a new TLoS game. Even a mixture of the two could be good if they did it right.I just hope they dont do another reboot.

Honestly,I think a new legend game is more likely but like I said another orginal game would be cool too.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#67 Posted: 01:04:27 22/09/2010
A combination of the two set in the classic series universe.( i'm not a fan boy).
#68 Posted: 01:05:37 22/09/2010
It seems like more people are wanting a mix these days. If I recall correctly, people used to say a mix would be aweful.
---
#69 Posted: 13:09:50 22/09/2010
Quote: spyrocrash
A combination of the two set in the classic series universe.( i'm not a fan boy).

This. :3
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#70 Posted: 18:01:37 22/09/2010
That's what I'm thinking. Do the originals again, but keep TLOS characters. and maybe add in a few miny games were you use TLOS combat.

I'm drawing original Cynder now. It's like her in TEN, but redone to suit the Original games. Her eyes are like Original Spyro's but a little smaller, with eyelashes on the end. She stands on two legs, but runs on all fours. And, she's BLACK. Not grey. Not dark blue/dark purple.

I already posted dream and my own ideas to complete it with similiar theme, altrough I dealt with Cynder in different way... I also plan Fanfic prequel...
---
Keep smile
Fasuhn Green Sparx Gems: 211
#71 Posted: 18:17:34 22/09/2010
...I want Krome's art style back. Badly. Don't get me wrong, Etranges Libellules has equally beautiful level design, but their dragon models... bother me, to sugarcoat it. Krome knew how to design dragon models.

I would also beg that Cynder have as small a role as possible, or if that's not possible, at least tone down the fanservice and make her a character that actually has some thought put in.

More than anything, I want the plot to PAY ATTENTION TO OTHER CHARACTERS AS WELL. Cynder has been hogging as much as she could (even when she's barely onscreen) from the very beginning. There are other characters as well. The Guardians, especially, have oh so much potential, and are so interesting with their colorful personalities; but the writers refuse to do squat with them (bar killing certain of them off in the name of the worst fantasy cliche in existence *cough*)

I for one would like to see one of three possible setups in the next game.

1. Post-DotD
The Dark Master has been beaten. That's great; but the world's kinda in shambles. Yeah, Spyro put it back together, but that doesn't change how much was destroyed. I think it's time to skip having a villain for one little game and focus on other things entirely. The world needs reconstruction. Spyro could aid in these efforts - not just in terms of construction work, but imagine if he was sent here and there on missions or whatnot. It has a lot of potential for diversity rather than the predominant fighting theme we've seen thus far.

And if we need some kind of conflict in the plot, it can be internal conflict. Malefor is gone, but his darkness is still within Spyro. He could very well be feeling like he has less and less control over himself. He needs someone to help him, and I nominate Ignitus for that job. And yes, I do want to see a reunion between the two of them, because if it doesn't happen then there is no justice in the world. XP

2. An interquel. Namely, the gap between ANB and TEN. I don't care if it comprised two weeks or two months; interesting stuff could've happened in that time. This, like the above choice, would entail a lot less fighting (Spyro isn't even capable of it in that time frame) and more weight on other kinds of gameplay. There would also be more weight on plot, again. I have always thought of a mini-story where he went to visit his dragonfly parents in the swamp, and Ignitus accompanied him to make sure he was safe... father figure/possible biological father meeting adoptive parents. Don't know if it's just me, but I actually think that would have happened and would like to see it regardless.

3. A prequel. THE GUARDIANS ARE THE MAIN CHARACTERS!!!!
Admit it. That would rock. I have no idea what the gameplay would be like (most likely fighting and/or strategy) but I would pay through the nose just to see the guardians getting so much attention and development. It would likely be set immediately before ANB/during the time frame when Spyro is growing up in the swamp.

And there's my two cents' worth. smilie
---
If you have a good dad, give him a hug for me, another for yourself, and a third one because he deserves it. Treasure him. You're lucky.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:39 22/09/2010 by Fasuhn
#72 Posted: 21:09:06 22/09/2010

I'd love that too. I think Cynder could be much more of a great character in classic series as well.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#73 Posted: 21:23:57 22/09/2010
same idea there. a combination of both, but in tlos universe, since that's where it was left off.
#74 Posted: 21:31:18 22/09/2010
Here's just a thought: But based off what I said, a sequel to SL. The ending heavily implied he would return, but we never saw the Sorcerer again, and he was such a great character.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#75 Posted: 22:36:29 22/09/2010

Or maybe another reboot. It would be cool to see another version of spyro.
#76 Posted: 00:56:25 23/09/2010
...I personally think a crossover of old and new would be catastrophically bad, but that's just me smilie;

Another reboot... well, I'm not sure how much interest I'd show in that. It would depend, I guess, but I feel it would be a shame at this point, as LoS ended on a cliffhanger and still has a lot to show us.
---
If you have a good dad, give him a hug for me, another for yourself, and a third one because he deserves it. Treasure him. You're lucky.
#77 Posted: 06:41:30 23/09/2010
..... A remake of the first three games....? :D

I would love to see Midnight Mountain and the Artisans World in PS3 graphics. :3

However, when Spyro goes inside the whale's mouth in Evening Lake..... they better not give it too much detail. xD
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:43:04 23/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#78 Posted: 05:48:13 24/09/2010
Something with the new style but old gameplay.
darkcynder-x Green Sparx Gems: 311
#79 Posted: 18:57:02 24/09/2010
i think they should bring back the old games but spyro can fly smilie smilie
---
Dark Cynder-x
#80 Posted: 19:01:49 24/09/2010
It should be something both Old and New Spyro should like. Old Spyro fans want something, and New Spyro fans want something too. Why not combine the qualities of both universes into one? An Old Spyro game with qualities from the LoS trilogy, or a New Spyro game with qualities from the Old Spyro games, like charge, supercharge, or powerups?
---
#81 Posted: 20:29:22 24/09/2010
Or one game for each storyline, alternating them. If anything, I would like an LoS-setting game with a better gameplay. They should really just mix it up - take Beyond Good & Evil as an example. Make it a little bit of everything, and perhaps mainly platforming, since that was Spyro's origin. I'm not sure if I'd want things like supercharge or superflame back, though, since those would be a little out of place in LoS - and charge is actually already there, though more in the form of a mad dash. :P
---
#82 Posted: 20:50:51 24/09/2010
It should be something both Old and New Spyro should like. Old Spyro fans want something, and New Spyro fans want something too. Why not combine the qualities of both universes into one? An Old Spyro game with qualities from the LoS trilogy, or a New Spyro game with qualities from the Old Spyro games, like charge, supercharge, or powerups?

I still love DarkCynder_543's idea of having Old Spyro be a decendant of New Spyro, and the thought of Old Spyro's world being the LOS universe but way into the future.
---
#83 Posted: 21:05:45 24/09/2010
^ The only problem is that it really wouldn't make much sense. Unless we overlook lots and lots of plotholes. ^^; The two series' settings are too vastly different to be one and the same, and I don't just mean that from a visual standpoint. A "gift from the ancestors" can't turn into currency; the two dragon cultures are far too different. What happened to elements? Quadrupeds? The list goes on.

Maybe it's because I have a natural tendency to be against combining LoS with the Insomniac trilogy because they are two very different things that don't look like they'd mix well - but I have yet to see any fan theories to cover up all the plotholes and gaps in logic that would result from any such combination. That's my two cents' worth, at least XD
---
#84 Posted: 21:17:10 24/09/2010
1. DarkCynder posted how some levels from old could be like the new; I'll post it later.

2. The gems could be separate. The currency gems are jewels, like rubies and such, and the ancestor gems are hidden until Spyro stumbles across them.

3. As for elements, it could be that Spyro's elements are 'awakened' when he finds each gem. NOTE: Perhaps most of the energy gems were depleted by the dragon population which grew after Malefor's defeat.

4. As for going from quadrupeds to bipeds, it could have been done by evelution, and it wouldn't be so bad (IMO) if the dragons stayed as quadrupeds.
---
#85 Posted: 21:47:34 24/09/2010
1. DarkCynder posted how some levels from old could be like the new; I'll post it later.

2. The gems could be separate. The currency gems are jewels, like rubies and such, and the ancestor gems are hidden until Spyro stumbles across them.

3. As for elements, it could be that Spyro's elements are 'awakened' when he finds each gem. NOTE: Perhaps most of the energy gems were depleted by the dragon population which grew after Malefor's defeat.

4. As for going from quadrupeds to bipeds, it could have been done by evelution, and it wouldn't be so bad (IMO) if the dragons stayed as quadrupeds.

1. As I said, level appearance isn't such a big issue for me. With a little re-imagining, Insomniac levels could definitely pass as LoS-verse after a few, er, thousand-to-tens-of-thousands of years. (this is the only way to explain the way more advanced technology and the formation of portals)

2. That could be one explanation, but it would seem a little strange that they are called the exact same thing and are two completely different things altogether. Still, a valid enough explanation.

3. I don't necessarily mean Spyro's elements. I mean elements of dragons in general. The original trilogy implied that fire was the only proper element any dragon had; what happened to the different kinds of dragons, and why were they replaced with the dragon families instead?

4. I prefer LoS's quadruped format to the bipedal style, myself. (though bipedal can also be awesome depending on the style) I would just say that it's kind of difficult to justify it with evolution, as that doesn't occur that quickly. It took millions of years for people to evolve from apes, and primates were semi-bipedal to begin with.

All in all, you made some good points there :) I still feel there would be other issues to address as well, but like I said, I'm just awkward towards the idea. I guess I would also rather see a proper ending to LoS, and I would hate to have to say goodbye to this cast as well, just as I felt when the reboot was announced years back. The Insomniac-verse contains no references to the theoretical past LoS, and after DotD's less than satisfactory ending... there's not much closure.
---
#86 Posted: 00:08:54 25/09/2010
I'm just gonna say something here. xD

Sheila did mention something about dragons living in the Forgotten Worlds thousands of years ago. So maybe new Spyro lived there about a thousand years ago, when they didn't know about technology? Maybe even two thousand years ago? It makes sense to me. And some of the places in TLOS could have been redesigned/rebuilt two thousand years (or just a thousand years later) with knew technology, and buildings.

The Dam = Evening Lake
Floating Islands = Cloud Spires
The Valley of Avalar = Summer Forest. I know, this isn't the Forgotten Worlds, but Legend Spyro has been traveling a lot, and he could have passed through Avalar at one point.
Twilight Falls = Autumn Plains at night time. Both Valley of Avalar and Twilight Falls are right next to each other.
They could have passed through Winter Tundra on their way to Dragon City.
That Lava level ANB = Lava level in Sunrise Spring.
Swamp = Spooky Swamp at night. Thousand year later, they could have dug most of it up, and added water.
The Catacombs = Maybe Fireworks Factory
Dante's Freezer = Icy Peak or Frozen Altars
I could still go on.

It still makes sense, because Old Spyro knows four elements (purple dragons can wield four elements while other dragons can only master one), he can save the world multiple times while most dragons can't.... OH PURPLE DRAGONS IN STD, JUST GET OUT OF HERE! >:C

What I want most of all is a remake of the first three Spyro games. Seeing the first three games in those PS3 graphics.... and the nostalgia..... OH YES! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:43 25/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#87 Posted: 11:43:35 26/09/2010
Quote: Fasuhn

1. As I said, level appearance isn't such a big issue for me. With a little re-imagining, Insomniac levels could definitely pass as LoS-verse after a few, er, thousand-to-tens-of-thousands of years. (this is the only way to explain the way more advanced technology and the formation of portals)

2. That could be one explanation, but it would seem a little strange that they are called the exact same thing and are two completely different things altogether. Still, a valid enough explanation.

3. I don't necessarily mean Spyro's elements. I mean elements of dragons in general. The original trilogy implied that fire was the only proper element any dragon had; what happened to the different kinds of dragons, and why were they replaced with the dragon families instead?

4. I prefer LoS's quadruped format to the bipedal style, myself. (though bipedal can also be awesome depending on the style) I would just say that it's kind of difficult to justify it with evolution, as that doesn't occur that quickly. It took millions of years for people to evolve from apes, and primates were semi-bipedal to begin with.

All in all, you made some good points there smilie I still feel there would be other issues to address as well, but like I said, I'm just awkward towards the idea. I guess I would also rather see a proper ending to LoS, and I would hate to have to say goodbye to this cast as well, just as I felt when the reboot was announced years back. The Insomniac-verse contains no references to the theoretical past LoS, and after DotD's less than satisfactory ending... there's not much closure.

Good points.

Perhaps they could call currency jewels and the jems crystals. That way theye's no fight about which should have gotten the name of jems.

As for dragons, no reason some couldn't have Ice, Wind, Earth, Fire, Electricity and other elements but still be divided into families as well.

I guess they would have to stick with the quadrupeds for it to make sense, but that's cool with me.

Here's another idea I had: You know the sunken ship in evening lake? That could be one of the flying pirate ships that had fallen after LOS Spyro destroyed it. And as for the whale, that could be replaced with the sea creature from ANB and TEN, or one of it's descendants(sp?). Course Evening Lake may need to be enlarged for that to work, but that's fine with me.
---
#88 Posted: 18:35:31 26/09/2010
^ I am glad that we agree on this one thing: Adjustments need to be made to the old series in order to make a possible connection actually work.

You have a point regarding the elements. I suppose they never explicitly stated that all dragons in the original trilogy had fire breath, but it seemed strongly implied.

And you know, the idea with Evening Lake is something I never thought of, but it's a really cool concept! :D

Now, I think we may also have to get rid of the other purple dragons in Spyro 1, as has already been stated. XD
---
#89 Posted: 20:14:19 26/09/2010
Oh, yeah.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#90 Posted: 20:22:59 26/09/2010
I thought a game's theme was it's leitmotiff music track. In which case, I don't really think it'd be suitable to give him one at this point.

But if they somehow managed to find a way to cram in a Toasty remix somewhere...<3
---
Eh.
#91 Posted: 20:28:23 26/09/2010
leitmotiff?

Give who one, Spyro?
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#92 Posted: 20:55:18 26/09/2010
Yeah. I mean, no two games have had the same theme up to now, and Spyro certainly hasn't had a personal theme before now.
---
Eh.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#93 Posted: 01:27:10 27/09/2010
I would chronologically prefer it if new Spyro descended from old Spyro.

1. Obviously, many of the places changed over time. Castles are built in ice levels such as Icy Flight, Beast Maker's homeworld turns into a swamp where the temple is built, Magma cone turns into Munition's Forge, Evening Lake becomes abandoned and destroyed and turns into the Celestial Caves, portals are destroyed, etc.
2. Over time, purple dragons became more powerful and rarer. The Scorcerror lays a curse on them that makes them born only every 300 years and kills all of them that aren't eggs, including himself. This causes gems to become a life source, his powers sliping into them but not corrupting. Instead, his evil becomes the reason for dark dragon forms. He knows of a dark purple egg across the world, his magic-born son, and doesn't affect it: Malefor is hatched shortly after, raised by apes. Only 3 years later he is rescued by dragon elders and is corrupted by power after 30 more. Dark Forces grow dramatically, Malefor is exiled to Convexity, other points gradually continue happening and 267 years later the LoS storyline begins.
3. Most dragons choose being quadruped over bipedal.
4. Dragons evolve into more separate chains, new elemental families evolve.
5. With Spyro_LUVA's ship idea, the ships would have already existed, appearing in Spyro 2's Breeze Harbour. Villains eventually overtake these for entertainment, but because the pelicans don't fight well, they leave them in Breeze Harbour, taking all of their ships. These are redesigned. Pelicans move to new home and Breeze Harbour becomes part of the Mountain of Malefor.
6. Gnorcs and other classic enemies become extinct.
7. Just to clear it up, in my version, death hounds and apes did exist, but on the other side of the world, and old Spyro never met them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:27 27/09/2010 by GamingMaster_76
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me