Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why Don't They Just Tell us Already?
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Why Don't They Just Tell us Already? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 23:09:59 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zackeio
Aura, that guys is just, abrasive to the core. He only cares about money as it would seem. *sigh* Great smilie. . . this could be a very bad thing for us. However, since we hold what he wants. . . perhaps we can persuade him into giving us what we want so that he can get what he wants. . . hmm.

If he's that easily moved to give the fans what we want for money...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:16:29 17/09/2010 by Aura24
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#52 Posted: 23:15:43 17/09/2010
Quote: Aura24

If he's that easily moved to give the fans what we want for money...

That would mean that we're all in trouble. All it takes is some rich fool, to persuade him to do what he wants, and Spyro will be at the hands of someone who sees Spyro only through his eyes. Or vice versa, through our eyes, but still. This is bad, I don't like the fact that Spyro is being handled by someone so. . . power-hungry smilie .

I just hope this, Spyro-Team pulls through. smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#53 Posted: 23:17:17 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
New producers who never had experience in doing a Spyro game before. I hope Mike Graham is still carrying the torch at least.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:22:30 17/09/2010 by Aura24
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#54 Posted: 23:21:49 17/09/2010
New producers who never had experience in doing a Spyro game before. I hope Mike Graham is still carrying the torch at least.

Perhaps. However, worrying about it won't solve anything. As I said before, we'll all have to wait in see what Activision wants to reveal to us. I'll still remain pessimistic / skeptical on what is going to happen (hopefully I'll turn out to be wrong) to Spyro till then.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#55 Posted: 23:24:07 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision is one game company we need to wary of. Money-driven as they are, especially when their CEO is greedy with his ideas to make more profit.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#56 Posted: 00:10:15 18/09/2010
Quote: Zackeio
@ SpyroLUVA: Oh, that's what you're getting at smilie . I understand now. Well alright then, if that's how you want to do it. But for me, I rather be pessimistic and be proven wrong, then be optimistic and be proven wrong. That's just me, and for the record: I hope I'm wrong.

I see the logic in that.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#57 Posted: 00:21:59 18/09/2010
I agree completely.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#58 Posted: 00:33:33 18/09/2010
Agreed. I don't know why their hiding information from us. The longer they keep up that wall, the more impatient they get and by the time they open that gate, no one will be waiting for them.
#59 Posted: 06:37:22 18/09/2010 | Topic Creator
We're going to discover more leaked info anyways. They should at least they tell us what universe the next Spyro game is in.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#60 Posted: 00:31:19 19/09/2010
Quote: ignitusforever
Agreed. I don't know why their hiding information from us. The longer they keep up that wall, the more impatient they get and by the time they open that gate, no one will be waiting for them.

That's what I'm thinking. By the time they finally reveal some info, everyone would have already given up on Spyro, and they would have moved on.

Activion would kill Spyro by just being stubborn.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#61 Posted: 05:17:15 19/09/2010 | Topic Creator
And Activision is a money-craving game company that can put any game franchise they can own to the grave, even if it's unintentional.
---
#62 Posted: 08:18:30 19/09/2010
It would be funny if they gave us more info tomorrow. xD
---
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#63 Posted: 08:44:44 19/09/2010
^I would be happy if they did that.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#64 Posted: 13:37:37 19/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
It would be funny if they gave us more info tomorrow. xD

yes then we choke who ever diced they needed to keep quiet
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#65 Posted: 17:16:21 19/09/2010
I doubt they're deliberately hiding anything from the public. It's most likely that some people revealed its existance on the net, but they're just going to officially unveil it as normal like it didn't happen....if they even know that we know.
---
Eh.
#66 Posted: 19:51:41 19/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision's probably busy with their other games to notice.
---
darkcynder951 Green Sparx Gems: 158
#67 Posted: 02:25:30 20/09/2010
Now you guys got me scared of them rebooting it I mean I love Tlos and dark spyro and malefor and cynder.
---
Posted Image: http://dragcave.net/image/tkYp.gif
P.S please read my current fanfic A new dragon.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#68 Posted: 02:30:52 20/09/2010
^i know smilie
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#69 Posted: 02:40:15 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision will probably change Spyro again anyways. What would you expect from a game company so greedy?
---
#70 Posted: 02:51:52 20/09/2010
^I will be so ticked if they reboot the series! In fact I'll start a riot!
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
Cynderfan1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1098
#71 Posted: 02:58:22 20/09/2010
I will mad at Activision if they get rid of CYNDER! Because I don't Cynder to go away because I like her I just hope they keep Cynder because if they don't I will just play the three Spyro games with her in it.
---
I am Daring Do the worlds best treasure hunter.
#72 Posted: 03:03:00 20/09/2010
^I'll still play Spyro but I will still be ticked at Activision.
---
#73 Posted: 07:47:48 20/09/2010
IMO, they will ether continue the series that sold the most copies (and would give them the most money), or they will be greedy and do a reboot just so the Spyro games can go their way. Evening though I hoping that they will do the first option (the originals sold more than TLOS, especially the first three. I know TLOS was made to refresh the series, but do you really think Activsion would care about that?) I have a bad feeling that they will do the second option.

I suppose we will have to wait and see. I just don't feel like trying to get used to a brand knew Spyro all over again.
---
#74 Posted: 12:11:03 20/09/2010
Activision will probably change Spyro again anyways. What would you expect from a game company so greedy?

How could you possibly know that? YOU DON'T! Literally anything could happen and it could be good. Stop freaking out about a reboot because you don't know if it's going to be a reboot. And even if it were, who knows you might actually like it, maybe even more than the other Spyros. Maybe they'll combine the two into a really good blend.
---
#75 Posted: 12:31:24 20/09/2010
I don't mind the reboot. I mean, I'd rather have a reboot than play another TLOS game. It's just that I don't feel like getting used to another Spyro again, and I have a feeling that the original characters aren't coming back.

I will like it if it's like the old Spyro. Being a 3D platformer, collecting stuff and has a friendly atmosphear. They also should bring back more characters, like the ones from YOTD and GTG, and DON'T **** them up and change their personality.

What I want most of all is a continuation from the original Spyro series, starting from YOTD, or remaking the first three games onto the PS3, then continuing on from there. The reboot comes second. The other two options (continuing from SL/AHT or continuing on from TLOS) don't even make it on my list. D;
---
#76 Posted: 17:11:22 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

How could you possibly know that? YOU DON'T! Literally anything could happen and it could be good. Stop freaking out about a reboot because you don't know if it's going to be a reboot. And even if it were, who knows you might actually like it, maybe even more than the other Spyros. Maybe they'll combine the two into a really good blend.

Think the words "different direction", SpyroLUVA. If it's going to be different than the Old Spyro series and the Legend series, then it could possibly be a reboot that Activision is forcing the franchise to go their way. Can't go defending Activision and their actions forever.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#77 Posted: 17:55:30 20/09/2010

Think the words "different direction", SpyroLUVA. If it's going to be different than the Old Spyro series and the Legend series, then it could possibly be a reboot that Activision is forcing the franchise to go their way. Can't go defending Activision and their actions forever.

I think what they mean though, that was exactly what Sierra did - Force the franchise to 'go their own way'. Some people still loved TLOS though, so.... It's possible another reboot could still bring in more fans if done right.

I'm still just hoping for a classic remake, if I'm honest. Hey, it might never come true, but it's always nice to dream.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#78 Posted: 20:14:59 20/09/2010

Okay fine good point, but why go dreading and bashing a reboot IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT YET?! Give. It. A. Chance! Reboot or no, it could be fun! If you're so sure it's gonna suck, will you not be buying the next game if it's a reboot?
---
#79 Posted: 20:36:46 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision has done a lot of risky decisions on their games just to make them sell. And no, I'm not dreading or bashing a reboot, I'm dreading Activision will make Spyro into something far from both Old and New Spyro, into their own Spyro the Dragon game since they're a money-milking company. And don't you go saying that 'Why bash it if you haven't played it' bit.

Either Activision will make the right decision and continue the Spyro series in the LoS universe, go back to the Old Spyro to be just making it, or do a reboot that is their version of the Spyro series.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:43:28 20/09/2010 by Aura24
#80 Posted: 21:12:37 20/09/2010

Either Activision will make the right decision and continue the Spyro series in the LoS universe, go back to the Old Spyro to be just making it, or do a reboot that is their version of the Spyro series.

There's no 'right' decision. They could make another LOS game with terrible gameplay and story, or they could do an amazing classic. Or, vice versa on both accounts.

They're right, we can't knock a reboot until we've tried it. If we had done that for LOS now...... How would all the fans feel when they played it?
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#81 Posted: 21:15:48 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo

There's no 'right' decision. They could make another LOS game with terrible gameplay and story, or they could do an amazing classic. Or, vice versa on both accounts.

They're right, we can't knock a reboot until we've tried it. If we had done that for LOS now...... How would all the fans feel when they played it?

Well, for some fans, they would say "Spyro's dead" since he had gone through another reboot and if they seen what it will be about.
---
#82 Posted: 21:18:57 20/09/2010
Quote: Spyroo

Well, for some fans, they would say "Spyro's dead" since he had gone through another reboot and if they seen what it will be about.

True.

But then, like I said, fans could (and some have, of course) said that about LOS. But then they played it. And then some people found they loved it, some even more than the original series.

I'm not saying I want a reboot, by no means - But Activision hold the shots now. They'll go with what they think they can get the most money from.
---
#83 Posted: 21:23:07 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I just hope Activision don't do anything foolish, which they do sometimes with their games. I mean, they already changed some ideas the previous producers had in store for us. They weren't planning on telling us about the cancellation of the Spyro Movie, which was cancelled over some idea they decided to go with that they possibly did to make more money from the franchise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:49 20/09/2010 by Aura24
darkcynder951 Green Sparx Gems: 158
#84 Posted: 21:55:38 20/09/2010

I agree ultimate alliance 2 DLC they took it ticked us off and put it back on for more money than ever greedy pigs.
---
Posted Image: http://dragcave.net/image/tkYp.gif
P.S please read my current fanfic A new dragon.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#85 Posted: 22:16:12 20/09/2010
Maybe someone should go to the Activision Blizzard site, and just ask them if they are making the game.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#86 Posted: 22:25:26 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
They'll just ignore the message, and act like it never reach them. I've tried before, never got a response.
---
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#87 Posted: 22:33:36 20/09/2010
It's not a bad idea for people to keep sending them messages though. Let them know there is a fanbase out there that is interested in their product.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#88 Posted: 17:30:47 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, Activision needs to get their act together and let the producers tell us.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#89 Posted: 17:37:31 21/09/2010
I still haven't figured out how to reach them properly, but I wish I did. I'm really wanting to at least send a message where it has chances of being read.
#90 Posted: 17:39:00 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, there is a way to reach their Public Relations group, the ones who told the producers to keep quiet about the next game until "the time is right".
---
#91 Posted: 17:40:06 21/09/2010
How's that?
#92 Posted: 17:42:33 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
You know what Activision has in common thier emails? That they have their names in them, separated by dots, almost making them easier to contact.

One of the Public Relation's email is found on here, one of Activision's news articles:

http://investor.activision.com...eleaseid=386257
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:49 21/09/2010 by Aura24
#93 Posted: 17:47:32 21/09/2010
would that be michelle.schroder@activision.com? or do I have the wrong person?
#94 Posted: 17:48:57 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that's right. He's one of the Public Relations group, the ones who told the producers of the Spyro franchise to keep the next game a low profile.
---
#95 Posted: 17:50:20 21/09/2010
Huh, have you ever tried emailing him?
#96 Posted: 17:51:57 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I did, but I got no response. The administrator of the other Spyro Forums got in contact with another person from the Relations, and she was surprised how many fans of Spyro there are, but didn't provide any information.
---
#97 Posted: 17:53:18 21/09/2010
Well I'm glad that maybe they've realized a lot of people are counting on them, and looking forward to the next game.
#98 Posted: 17:59:34 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
And that they shouldn't keep it behind their walls forever.
---
#99 Posted: 18:53:43 21/09/2010
Exactly. I don't see what's holding them back. If they're looking for "the right time", now would be that time...

I sent an email, but i doubt I'll get a response. Who else is ithe Public Relations that knows about Spyro?
#100 Posted: 19:38:59 21/09/2010
Do we know who replaced the producer who got cut from the 'Spyro Team'? If so we could look up what games they've been involved with and possibly make some more speculations with that info.
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me