Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Legend of Spyro series should have never been made
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
The Legend of Spyro series should have never been made [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 04:40:36 12/09/2010
Blackholes posted this topic for the fun of it, to see us argue with one another. I know, it wouldn't be closed for a while unless dark52 intervenes..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:50:30 12/09/2010 by Aura24
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#52 Posted: 04:47:14 12/09/2010
that's stupid. this topic is better off closed.
#53 Posted: 04:51:20 12/09/2010
I agree.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#54 Posted: 05:02:01 12/09/2010
inb4close
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#55 Posted: 08:06:16 12/09/2010
Rofl. I love how any TLOS hate topic causes srs arguements, but no one cares about ETD and lets the rage fly smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#56 Posted: 08:50:56 12/09/2010
^ Yeah. xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#57 Posted: 11:13:06 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
haters gonna hate

but seriously the LoS series has just made Spyro into a total embarrassment of a franchise, you know its true

Quote: Aura24
To Blackholes, she probably posted this topic just to start a flame war. Why else would she openly posted this pointless LoS hating topic?

Apparently if I make a topic that doesn't agree with your opinion it automatically means I'm flaming? olulz
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:16:38 12/09/2010 by Blackholes_Wolf
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#58 Posted: 12:35:30 12/09/2010
People who want this topic closed: Why not just leave the topic alone and let flamers vent and flame? That way we get to unload all our hate of LOS and you don't have to see it. Win win.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
darkdragon50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2167
#59 Posted: 12:40:22 12/09/2010
^I agree.

I'm a fan of tLoS, but I don't mind if people don't like it. Its their opinion and if people don't like it, just leave it be. Let them talk about how tLoS is bad. I honestly don't care.
---
R E V A L I ' S G A L E I S N O W R E A D Y
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:45 12/09/2010 by darkdragon50
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#60 Posted: 12:48:28 12/09/2010
Exactly. Just leave and don't post in here. It's stupid how every time someone even says one word about TLOS sucking, they get flamed. But it's okay for TLOS fans to diss every other game, ETD is a good example.

If you want to complain, then just make your own, "TLOS rules, Original Spyro sucks" topic.

Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
haters gonna hate

but seriously the LoS series has just made Spyro into a total embarrassment of a franchise, you know its true

To Blackholes, she probably posted this topic just to start a flame war. Why else would she openly posted this pointless LoS hating topic?

Apparently if I make a topic that doesn't agree with your opinion it automatically means I'm flaming? olulz

Lol own'd.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#61 Posted: 12:56:36 12/09/2010
haters gonna hate

Seems to be the case here Blackholes.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#62 Posted: 15:46:56 12/09/2010
Haha, right. Okay, i won't post here anymore, seeing as it's pointless. Have fun bashing TLoS then.
pokemonka Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#63 Posted: 17:27:35 12/09/2010
think that and the old Spyro and TLOS have their pluses and minuses. I like both kinds of Spyro. Had it not been made it would be boring TLOS on this forum smilie, once was - let us rejoice in this. It's lucky that spyro was continued (albeit slightly modified) and not pożucoy the corner, right?
---
smilie ,,I would die for you, cross the sky for you...'' smilie
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#64 Posted: 17:31:12 12/09/2010
I agree that this is a pointless topic.It just asks for a flame war.

Its weird how the TLoS haters are complaining about how they get flamed for bashing TLoS. Legend fans and fans of both get flamed a lot more then original fans.It proboly has something to do with the numbers factor.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#65 Posted: 18:11:58 12/09/2010
C'mon guys, TLOS isn't all that bad. I mean, the only bad TLOS games were DOTD, TEN, and ANB. They rest were . . . oh, wait, that's all of them.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#66 Posted: 18:32:12 12/09/2010
I have my own opinions smilie

you do have youre own opinions but topics like this one saying that a game should have never existed is sometimes considered an in sult to some people.......especialy the tlos fans.
all game are equally made wether someone likes it or not.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#67 Posted: 18:50:06 12/09/2010
I disagree. I think that TLOS should have been made, BUT, it should have been made with more respect to its origins. For this Original Spyro Fan (OSF), that's one of the biggest reason, why I dislike TLOS. If they would have kept Spyro's original personality I could have tolerated - heck even enjoyed TLOS. Its the fact that they decided to completely erase the origins that made Spyro what he is in order to make TLOS is what upsets me. They could have easily just made Original Spyro go through some portal and he ends in TLOS's realm, which in this case could have been The Past.

This would explain Spyro's origins or Purple Dragon Origins, and answer the question why everyone thinks that Spyro is destined to save everyone, every time he goes on an adventure. But alas. . . but alas, that's not how it happened. Spyro had go through a reboot, in order for TLOS to exist. To me, because of that reboot, we get another problem: Segregation amongst fans. Oh goody! smilie

Now we got OSF stuck in the wastelands (Original Spyro Trilogy), while the TLOS fans are in their closed society bubble. . . gah, just uncalled for. It would be better, if we're all under the same bubble. . . which, under current circumstances, will only happen when pigs fly!

Its not the concept of TLOS that upsets me, its how it was done, that's why this OSF dislikes it so much. Different atmosphere, fine, different gameplay, uncalled for but is tolerable, different personality NO! Now, I'm not saying TLOS is 100% bad, no-no-no, TLOS at its current standing did bring something good to us. . . traffic. Now I'm not saying how this was done is acceptable, but the way TLOS was executed does bring us more traffic. We do get more fans or more users on this forum and others because of TLOS. It also gives us, new insight on opinions on how we care and love the lil' purple guy. OSF love Spyro for what he was in his origins, while TLOS fans. . . well I can't say, I'm not a TLOS fan smilie .

All in all, TLOS might have done more harm than good, but at least it did something good. Again, I don't like TLOS as much as the next guy, but *sigh* at least it gave us more traffic, and I can reluctantly agree to that.

Quote:
smilie : Because he left nothing for me to fight for.
Me: STUPID! . . . Just, STUPID! smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#68 Posted: 19:07:02 12/09/2010
Quote: Darby
Haha, right. Okay, i won't post here anymore, seeing as it's pointless. Have fun bashing TLoS then.

I agree. Bashing on a 2006-08 Spyro game trilogy, that already happened.
---
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#69 Posted: 19:07:22 12/09/2010
Quote:
If they would have kept Spyro's original personality I could have tolerated

i think that they wanted to try something diferent with spyro but either way i like both the classics and tlos all the same.

Quote:
this topic is better off closed.

i agree this topic is going nowhere to be honest.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#70 Posted: 19:29:13 12/09/2010
I think the reason spyro's personality was changed was because it was starting to be seen as tacky for a hero to have that macho I'll kick his butt thing going on. Almost every game has got a deep storyline to it nowadays. Games are becoming too damn realistic, so in the eyes of a company that has to keep up with all this, his personality had to be changed. I think that the originals should be left were they were with the original 3 but it would be sweeeeet if they maybe updated them for modern day consoles (including graphics and all that, voices can be the same).

They probably will carry on with Tlos since they've gained a new fan base. And hopefully if they're smart and they've done their research. They'll do what Zackeio said and bring some of those original spyro elements in too. I like dawn of the dragon, but I would have liked it more if krome had done it btw.
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
#71 Posted: 19:34:09 12/09/2010
Quote: darkdragon50
^I agree.

I'm a fan of tLoS, but I don't mind if people don't like it. Its their opinion and if people don't like it, just leave it be. Let them talk about how tLoS is bad. I honestly don't care.

This.

Honestly, you Legend fans are making yourselves look just as whiny by actually bothering to come here :/

And seriously - If you're still here, how about sticking up for ETD once in a while? No? Well that's typical smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#72 Posted: 19:35:46 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator

I smell butthurt, my opinion has just as much importance as yours do. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it flaming or any less important.
#73 Posted: 19:36:15 12/09/2010
There have been many topics like this in the past, and most of them got closed because of disagreement and disorder between Old and New Spyro fans. Makes me wish most fans would like both series, instead of making a great deal out of changes in game franchises.

If fans don't like the new series, why make a great big deal out of it and talk about it just to try and prove a point?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:04 12/09/2010 by Aura24
#74 Posted: 19:37:43 12/09/2010
There have been many topics like this in the past, and most of them got closed because of disagreement and disorder between Old and New Spyro fans. Makes me wish most fans would like both series, instead of making a great deal out of changes in game franchises.

It's the personality change more than anything. Some people aren't shallow and like characters for their personality more than what they are.
---
#75 Posted: 19:39:48 12/09/2010

I smell butthurt, my opinion has just as much importance as yours do. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it flaming or any less important.

BH_W,We all know that you like flame wars and arguements.You knew that this topic would start flaming and thats the main reason you created it.Yes,your opinion does matter but you dont need to start a flame war over it.
---
#76 Posted: 19:41:12 12/09/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan

BH_W,We all know that you like flame wars and arguements.You knew that this topic would start flaming and thats the main reason you created it.Yes,your opinion does matter but you dont need to start a flame war over it.

^This. I don't see why some fans would just start something just for the fun of it.
---
#77 Posted: 19:44:28 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
So I can't make topics because I'm always flaming?

seriesly guys, grow up
#78 Posted: 19:46:50 12/09/2010

^This. I don't see why some fans would just start something just for the fun of it.

.....Probably because some Legend fans get wound up way too easily.
---
#79 Posted: 19:49:50 12/09/2010
So I can't make topics because I'm always flaming?

seriesly guys, grow up

Its pointless to make a topic just becuase you want a flame war.
---
#80 Posted: 19:50:27 12/09/2010
You posted this topic as a way to get fans to argue with each other, Blackholes, and you think it's amusing watching us fight over the two sides of the Spyro franchise.

Seriously, we all shouldn't be fighting anyways. We're all Spyro fans, for pete's sake.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:55 12/09/2010 by Aura24
#81 Posted: 19:52:03 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Who said anything about fighting?
#82 Posted: 19:55:32 12/09/2010
You know what I mean. Arguing pointlessly about something that already happened two years ago, so you can make a big deal out of it and start an argument.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:11 12/09/2010 by Aura24
#83 Posted: 19:57:11 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Some fan you are, LoS AnB was released in 2006
#84 Posted: 19:58:39 12/09/2010
^DotD was realesed in 2008.
---
#85 Posted: 19:59:25 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
^DotD was realesed in 2008.

The series was started in 2006
#86 Posted: 20:00:17 12/09/2010
And DotD was the conclusion, did you forget that?

Seriously, can we all stop this pointless argument? We're only just amusing some fans out there who find Spyro fans who like one side of the series funny.
---
#87 Posted: 20:02:41 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Hows is it a pointless argument? Just because you don't agree with me? grow up Aura24
#88 Posted: 20:04:44 12/09/2010
Hows is it a pointless argument? Just because you don't agree with me? grow up Aura24

No, because you obviously wanted to start a flame war here on purpose, so you made one. Even the topic title was purposely made.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:07:44 12/09/2010 by Aura24
#89 Posted: 20:05:24 12/09/2010

You are the one who needs to grow up BH_W.
---
#90 Posted: 20:08:43 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
If this topic was about praising LoS, they wouldn't be a massive drama yet the second its about hating it. Its all huruuurrderp itz already happennedololol
#91 Posted: 20:14:04 12/09/2010
Quote: Zackeio
I disagree. I think that TLOS should have been made, BUT, it should have been made with more respect to its origins. For this Original Spyro Fan (OSF), that's one of the biggest reason, why I dislike TLOS. If they would have kept Spyro's original personality I could have tolerated - heck even enjoyed TLOS. Its the fact that they decided to completely erase the origins that made Spyro what he is in order to make TLOS is what upsets me. They could have easily just made Original Spyro go through some portal and he ends in TLOS's realm, which in this case could have been The Past.

This would explain Spyro's origins or Purple Dragon Origins, and answer the question why everyone thinks that Spyro is destined to save everyone, every time he goes on an adventure. But alas. . . but alas, that's not how it happened. Spyro had go through a reboot, in order for TLOS to exist. To me, because of that reboot, we get another problem: Segregation amongst fans. Oh goody! smilie

Now we got OSF stuck in the wastelands (Original Spyro Trilogy), while the TLOS fans are in their closed society bubble. . . gah, just uncalled for. It would be better, if we're all under the same bubble. . . which, under current circumstances, will only happen when pigs fly!

Its not the concept of TLOS that upsets me, its how it was done, that's why this OSF dislikes it so much. Different atmosphere, fine, different gameplay, uncalled for but is tolerable, different personality NO! Now, I'm not saying TLOS is 100% bad, no-no-no, TLOS at its current standing did bring something good to us. . . traffic. Now I'm not saying how this was done is acceptable, but the way TLOS was executed does bring us more traffic. We do get more fans or more users on this forum and others because of TLOS. It also gives us, new insight on opinions on how we care and love the lil' purple guy. OSF love Spyro for what he was in his origins, while TLOS fans. . . well I can't say, I'm not a TLOS fan smilie .

All in all, TLOS might have done more harm than good, but at least it did something good. Again, I don't like TLOS as much as the next guy, but *sigh* at least it gave us more traffic, and I can reluctantly agree to that.

Quote:
smilie : Because he left nothing for me to fight for.
Me: STUPID! . . . Just, STUPID! smilie

This. Nuff said. Speaking of time travel, didn't the Professor mention something about a time machine he was making in the GBA only games? Not only that but I always thought time travelling in a Spyro game would be fun.
---
#92 Posted: 20:14:08 12/09/2010
Arguments between old and new Spyro fans amuses you so much, doesn't it, Blackholes? Sad...
---
#93 Posted: 20:15:59 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Stop implying Aura24
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#94 Posted: 20:18:46 12/09/2010
Ok, this has gone on long enough! In case you guys forgot, this thread was made in the GENERAL Board, which means that's its open to everyone! That means both TLOS, OSF, and fans of both are welcome to share their opinions on any topic that is made here.

Saying that the OP is making a Flame topic just because the Title "appears" to be degrading TLOS or any other Spyro game is completely, and absolutely, CHILDISH.

Now, lets take this topic seriously: The topic is simply stating: TLOS should not have been made, the OP simply said this: Discuss.

Now what does discuss mean people? It means to speak, deliberate, elaborate, and share thoughts on the subject. YES people will disagree, agree, and feel in the middle, but that's what ARGUING is about. It only because flamming when people are deliberately insulting one another, by name calling, or acting immature. To be frank, there is nothing wrong with the topic itself, but those who are posting in it, that's the problem!

If you feel uncomfortable with the topic, then who the hell is forcing you to post here!? Seriously, if you don't like it, then don't post, its that simple. Let the underlings squabble, *****, moan, complain all they want, its their own folly! Its not mine, its not yours, and its not anyone eases responsibility to keep others in check. Why? There are no MODS here. In fact, let them walk straight into danger. They'll learn soon enough that they should have either listen to you, or simple wise up and not do it again.

That simple.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#95 Posted: 20:19:07 12/09/2010
Stop implying Aura24

Whatever...

Fights between Old and New Spyro fans will never end anyways..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:21 12/09/2010 by Aura24
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#96 Posted: 20:19:15 12/09/2010
It actually can be rather interesting..
#97 Posted: 20:20:18 12/09/2010
Ok, this has gone on long enough! In case you guys forgot, this thread was made in the GENERAL Board, which means that's its open to everyone! That means both TLOS, OSF, and fans of both are welcome to share their opinions on any topic that is made here.

Saying that the OP is making a Flame topic just because the Title "appears" to be degrading TLOS or any other Spyro game is completely, and absolutely, CHILDISH.

Now, lets take this topic seriously: The topic is simply stating: TLOS should not have been made, the OP simply said this: Discuss.

Now what does discuss mean people? It means to speak, deliberate, elaborate, and share thoughts on the subject. YES people will disagree, agree, and feel in the middle, but that's what ARGUING is about. It only because flamming when people are deliberately insulting one another, by name calling, or acting immature. To be frank, there is nothing wrong with the topic itself, but those who are posting in it, that's the problem!

If you feel uncomfortable with the topic, then who the hell is forcing you to post here!? Seriously, if you don't like it, then don't post, its that simple. Let the underlings squabble, *****, moan, complain all they want, its their own folly! Its not mine, its not yours, and its not anyone eases responsibility to keep others in check. Why? There are no MODS here. In fact, let them walk straight into danger. They'll learn soon enough that they should have either listen to you, or simple wise up and not do it again.

That simple.

Well said, as always.
---
#98 Posted: 20:27:05 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Just because I have reputation for flaming doesn't mean every topic I make is a trollin attempt
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:36 12/09/2010 by Blackholes_Wolf
#99 Posted: 20:40:02 12/09/2010

That simple.

Once again, THIS!
---
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#100 Posted: 03:17:57 13/09/2010
I agree 100% with the last two posts from Zackeio.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me