Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro or Cynder? [CLOSED]
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1 Posted: 00:22:38 07/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I know this is a common debate, however, what is usually debated is their elements. In my opinion, there are many things that make Spyro and Cynder different from eachother (besides the obvious: their color, abilities, etc.). I feel that when one dragon's weakness is the other's power, which makes me feel almost as if Spyro and Cynder strengthen eachother (Ah-ha! That is what Ignitus said in Dawn of the Dragon: "Draw strength from eachother..."). Here is a list I came up with that shows how Spyro/Cynder's strength is Cynder/Spyro's weakness:

Strength:

Spyro: In my opinion, Spyro excels in strength while Cynder does not. Spyro's elemental attacks as well as his physical attacks seem to be stronger than Cynder's.

Cynder: In my opinion, Cynder's attacks are not as strong as Spyro's. She seems to rely more on agility than strength, which is what I am getting to now...

Speed:

Cynder: In my opinion, Cynder excels in her speed rather than her attacks. Both her melee attacks and her elemental attacks seem to be less powerful, yet quick and difficult to evade. Also, Cynder can beat her wings more often in flight.

Spyro: In my opinion, Spyro excels in his strength rather than his speed. While both Spyro and Cynder's elemental attacks seem both quick, Spyro's melee attacks seem slower than Cynder's.

Agility/Self Control (In flight and on ground)

Cynder: In my opinion, Cynder can make turns more abruptly than Spyro. For some reason it also seems Cynder has more control of herself when she turns (like, she doesn't slide around as much when she suddenly turns).

Spyro: Not saying that he has no self control or anything, but Spyro does seem to have more trouble making those quick maneuvers than Cynder does, in my opinion.

Elemental Abilities

Spyro: In my opinion, more of Spyro's abilities are useful than Cynder's.

Cynder: Though my favorite ability is one of Cynder's, it seems the majority of Cynder's abilities are not as useful as Spyro's.

This is my opinion, what do you think?
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8537
#2 Posted: 01:19:00 07/09/2010
I agree EXACTLY with you.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#3 Posted: 01:56:27 07/09/2010
I ditto flyingseal: Perfect! That's exactly what I would've said!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#4 Posted: 13:31:57 07/09/2010
To me, it depends. I find it hard playing as Cynder when I'm fighting an enemy, and I'm always getting hit while I'm hitting the enemy, because Cynder does all this twists and turns while she's attacking, which takes a couple of seconds longer to hit the enemy. Spyro seems to attack a lot quicker, and I find that attacking the enemies are easier with him. But I'm forced to play as Cynder when I'm flying. She seems to fly a lot faster, and it's more easier to control her during flight.

There is one part I don't agree with. I think Cynder is a special attack dragon. She seems to attack better with her elements more than her physical attacks. Plus she can fly faster.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#5 Posted: 21:45:07 07/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes, it seems you have to aim more precisely with Cynder's melee attacks, as to where Spyro's you don't have to be right on target.
As for flying, Cynder is both faster and more agile. I have noticed a major difference in Spyro and Cynder's wing structure that may be the reason. Spyro's wings are larger, therefore catching more air, so he can't beat his wings as often. Cynder's wings are smaller, therefore catching less air, so she can beat her wings more often, therefore increasing the speed of her flight.
Also, Cynder is female, and females are usually lighter than males. And when it comes to flying, the lighter you are, the better you can fly.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 21:56:03 07/09/2010
I would actually agree with you there game play wise. I think the developers wanted to make them seem different rather than Cynder just being the same script and animations behind Spyro, but with a Cynder mesh as texture. They did make Cynder faster, have more mana but less health than Spyro, they made her attacks weaker ETC, much like what you listed...

If this was a debate about who's better story wise, I would go with Spyro... But gameplay, I think they're pretty evenly matched. I do mostly use Cynder, because of wind, but that's really it...
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#7 Posted: 07:26:35 08/09/2010
I usually play as Spyro, because his Fire Breath kicks ass at max.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#8 Posted: 13:29:00 08/09/2010
I agree. I used cynder alot, but when i started using spyro, his abilities were MORE stronger and he didnt lose health as much as cynder. And spyro does fly slower than cynder, and cant make turns well. He also walks slow, even when running. Cynder can fly and walk pretty fast, she can make turns well. I agree all the way smilie
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#9 Posted: 15:54:31 08/09/2010
Quote: Wylrin
... so she can beat her wings more often, therefore increasing the speed of her flight...

Doesn't depend on this smilie
---
Keep smile
#10 Posted: 21:05:26 08/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote:

Well, in real life (it was proved dragons did once exist) how many times the dragons beat their wings did not nessesarily increase the speed of their flight. However, in Dawn of the Dragon, if you fly without beating your wings you either stop flying altogether, or you fly extremely slow.
---
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#11 Posted: 21:38:50 08/09/2010
Agreed with all of that. smilie
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#12 Posted: 12:52:59 09/09/2010
Quote:

Well, in real life (it was proved dragons did once exist) how many times the dragons beat their wings did not nessesarily increase the speed of their flight. However, in Dawn of the Dragon, if you fly without beating your wings you either stop flying altogether, or you fly extremely slow.

Ah, OK then, I never played any TLOS game, to be honest smilie
---
Keep smile
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#13 Posted: 16:40:22 09/09/2010
I know this is a common debate, however, what is usually debated is their elements. In my opinion, there are many things that make Spyro and Cynder different from eachother (besides the obvious: their color, abilities, etc.). I feel that when one dragon's weakness is the other's power, which makes me feel almost as if Spyro and Cynder strengthen eachother (Ah-ha! That is what Ignitus said in Dawn of the Dragon: "Draw strength from eachother..."). Here is a list I came up with that shows how Spyro/Cynder's strength is Cynder/Spyro's weakness:

Strength:

Spyro: In my opinion, Spyro excels in strength while Cynder does not. Spyro's elemental attacks as well as his physical attacks seem to be stronger than Cynder's.

Cynder: In my opinion, Cynder's attacks are not as strong as Spyro's. She seems to rely more on agility than strength, which is what I am getting to now...

Speed:

Cynder: In my opinion, Cynder excels in her speed rather than her attacks. Both her melee attacks and her elemental attacks seem to be less powerful, yet quick and difficult to evade. Also, Cynder can beat her wings more often in flight.

Spyro: In my opinion, Spyro excels in his strength rather than his speed. While both Spyro and Cynder's elemental attacks seem both quick, Spyro's melee attacks seem slower than Cynder's.

Agility/Self Control (In flight and on ground)

Cynder: In my opinion, Cynder can make turns more abruptly than Spyro. For some reason it also seems Cynder has more control of herself when she turns (like, she doesn't slide around as much when she suddenly turns).

Spyro: Not saying that he has no self control or anything, but Spyro does seem to have more trouble making those quick maneuvers than Cynder does, in my opinion.

Elemental Abilities

Spyro: In my opinion, more of Spyro's abilities are useful than Cynder's.

Cynder: Though my favorite ability is one of Cynder's, it seems the majority of Cynder's abilities are not as useful as Spyro's.

This is my opinion, what do you think?

I find it hard to believe any Spyro fan would choose Cynder over Spyro. Cynder sort of took over the series in DotD, should've been called tLoC. smilie
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me