Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why do people think that Spyro is a childish game?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Why do people think that Spyro is a childish game? [CLOSED]
pokemonka Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1 Posted: 16:15:57 04/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Many people say that Spyro is a childish game. Ok, the old Spyro was directed more to younger audiences, but TLOS is certainly not childish. has a lot of darkness and mystery, is not suitable for children ... But people continue to say that this is a childish game ... Why?
---
smilie ,,I would die for you, cross the sky for you...'' smilie
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#2 Posted: 16:52:19 04/09/2010
TLOS is more childish than the original series. Why? It tries so hard to be 'dark and mysterious' it comes off as being a joke at times. The original series is fun for all ages.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:32 04/09/2010 by dingodile555
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#3 Posted: 16:59:38 04/09/2010
Yep, Spyro is not childish. I will play it even when I will be 40 years old (if there will be still something like electricity and... human kind).
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#4 Posted: 17:22:00 04/09/2010
Classic Spyro is timeless and for all ages, IMO. As for LOS, I agree with dingodile555, and also it's so easy to play a simpleton could figure it out! Also, (and maybe this is off topic) I think that LOS was just made to appeal to the current kid audience. 'Dark' though it may be, it's still E 10+ rated and thus aimed mainly at the younger audience.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#5 Posted: 17:27:30 04/09/2010
I agree, I don't care if someone says it's childish... I think it's awesome for all ages (i've been playing it since i was 5)
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#6 Posted: 17:59:36 04/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I also I believe that none of Spyro is not childish because even my dad, in his game, but you just at my school someone will say that the game in the Spyro the ridicule it, as is a baby :/ I play Spyro bend, even as we will playstation20 smilie But I ask why some think that is a game for children? What semblance of it indicate?
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#7 Posted: 18:09:43 04/09/2010
Quote: dingodile555
TLOS is more childish than the original series. Why? It tries so hard to be 'dark and mysterious' it comes off as being a joke at times. The original series is fun for all ages.

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Classic Spyro is timeless and for all ages, IMO. As for LOS, I agree with dingodile555, and also it's so easy to play a simpleton could figure it out! Also, (and maybe this is off topic) I think that LOS was just made to appeal to the current kid audience. 'Dark' though it may be, it's still E 10+ rated and thus aimed mainly at the younger audience.

Yes, tLoS was a Joke Gone Wrong. why? This:
-The story was rubbish, especially in DotD.
-The Characters lacked personalities and Emotions, especially Cynder.
-At the end of DotD they replaced Sparx with stupid Cynder.
-the whole goddanm series is basically Spyro and Cynders relationship.
-It tries to be more mature than the other True Series, destroying al imagination and work put into the older Spyros.
Many many more, can't think of them all right now or I get mad at tLoS...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 18:13:37 04/09/2010
What's with the flaming all of a sudden, Malefor? This isn't a series difference opinion topic, where you can rant your heart out. Geez..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:14:27 04/09/2010 by Aura24
#9 Posted: 18:20:32 04/09/2010
Quote: Aura24
What's with the flaming all of a sudden, Malefor? This isn't a series difference opinion topic, where you can rant your heart out. Geez..

Okay, I was not Flaming as Flaming is entirely different. two, I was telling the people I quoted why I hated it. Plus, the Topic is about the difference between the two series, just not on opinions. You see, I'm annoyed now because simply stating my opinion has made you accuse me of "Flaming" whilst Flaming is an entirely different thing. Also, I was not the only person to debate about tLoS on the topic.
But, putting this behind me, if this is annoying you then I apologise: Sorry.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:48 04/09/2010 by Malefor0001
#10 Posted: 18:28:27 04/09/2010
Don't want to start anything.

Quote: pokemonka
Many people say that Spyro is a childish game. Ok, the old Spyro was directed more to younger audiences, but TLOS is certainly not childish. has a lot of darkness and mystery, is not suitable for children ... But people continue to say that this is a childish game ... Why?

Probably because most people saw the Old spyro as childish, and thought the new one was no different.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 18:31:05 04/09/2010
Yes, arguments are Pointless therefore illogical. Let us leave this now...

I've not really heard anybody call tLoS childish...
---
#12 Posted: 18:50:44 04/09/2010 | Topic Creator
At my old and new school, so consider a few, like me, love Spyro, and so do not think ...
---
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#13 Posted: 19:40:36 04/09/2010
There's a reason all the games (Not including LOS) where rated E. Its for all ages, and isn't childish at all. In fact, the challenges are difficult for children. (Especially the first game.)
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#14 Posted: 19:50:15 04/09/2010
I've actually only heard Spyro being called childish from TLOS fans, which amuses me.

Outside of that, I know a lot of people who consider TLOS childish more than the classics, for the reasons Dingodile stated.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#15 Posted: 20:09:23 04/09/2010
TLOS is so not childish unless you want to call teenagers childish which I say no.

It had a dark story line which made it totally awesome. Now old Spyro did not have a dark storyline. Instead it had a comedic storyline. Pretty much the comedic storyline was kid friendly. The new one had a dark storyline that well some things in the TLOS games could frighten them.

I know this because most of my cousins are little kids and when they visit I learn what basically I have to watch or play around them. So that's why people think what they think.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#16 Posted: 20:18:53 04/09/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
TLOS is so not childish unless you want to call teenagers childish which I say no.

Actually.... From an adult perspective, yes, teenagers are childish. They 'think' they know what they're doing, but they don't.

Dark story does NOT mean 'not suitable for kids'. TLOS is still advertised as a kids game by everyone.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#17 Posted: 21:34:50 04/09/2010
Don't want to start anything.

Probably because most people saw the Old spyro as childish, and thought the new one was no different.

They're kinda right. They're both childish games, but for different reasons.
---
#18 Posted: 21:37:23 04/09/2010

They're kinda right. They're both childish games, but for different reasons.

This.

Although, I always say, when it comes to videogames, it all depends on the individual. Personally, I don't think there is such a thing as a childish game. There's a big difference between 'having a laugh' and 'being childish'.
---
#19 Posted: 21:49:44 04/09/2010
I don't think the makers were having a laugh when they made LOS. I think they genuinely wanted it to be serious. If they were joking they could have done it way better! Y'know silly, overdone faces when characters talk of certain events, highly elaborate movements, especially when Spyro and a villain are getting riled in a cutscene. There are probably other ways, but I can't think of any right now.
---
#20 Posted: 21:53:43 04/09/2010
I don't think the makers were having a laugh when they made LOS. I think they genuinely wanted it to be serious. If they were joking they could have done it way better! Y'know silly, overdone faces when characters talk of certain events, highly elaborate movements, especially when Spyro and a villain are getting riled in a cutscene. There are probably other ways, but I can't think of any right now.

No, I meant when you're playing the game - Like say, you pick up a game clearly aimed for kids just for the 'lulz' so to speak.
But yeah, they actually tried to make it serious, really smilie
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#21 Posted: 23:57:00 04/09/2010

How was that flaming? Geez.. please learn what 'flaming' means before accusing people of it.
thanks.
#22 Posted: 02:06:06 05/09/2010
I thought we left it alone..
---
darkcynder951 Green Sparx Gems: 158
#23 Posted: 03:11:57 05/09/2010
I don't think that Tlos is childish mainly because i'm 11 and i cant play things that are childish due to moral standers and i have played all the Tlos games and well they are kinda dark i mean have you seen the things you kill.
---
Posted Image: http://dragcave.net/image/tkYp.gif
P.S please read my current fanfic A new dragon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:16:31 05/09/2010 by darkcynder951
#24 Posted: 07:31:32 05/09/2010 | Topic Creator
PEOPLE! I do not ask YOU Spyro is childish, because I know that it is not, but I ask WHY, people say the game is childish!
---
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#25 Posted: 07:48:28 05/09/2010
^Becasue you are playing as a little,cute,purple dragon? People saying that Spyro is childish don't need other arguments for this affirmation.

But like the others here, I dont care about them. It's their problem if they don't undertand such thing like nostalgia.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:00:34 05/09/2010 by Omikron Dragon
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#26 Posted: 13:33:20 05/09/2010
PEOPLE! I do not ask YOU Spyro is childish, because I know that it is not, but I ask WHY, people say the game is childish!

Because most noob's think it's ficticious.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#27 Posted: 14:37:53 05/09/2010
Just a theory on why TLOS may be considered childish:

Every major character that dies in DOTD magically comes back to life at the end. That counts as childish to some.
---
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#28 Posted: 15:02:08 05/09/2010
yea but it brings up good memories when there was no care in the world
#29 Posted: 17:32:39 05/09/2010 | Topic Creator
People who think this game is childish, it usually does not play ... Ignorant and so...
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#30 Posted: 06:57:18 06/09/2010
Original Spyro isn't childish. It's suitable for all ages, but just a little too easy. It has a light hearted atmosphear, yes, but a teenager can still play it and find it fun. Well, the first three games fit into the last sentence at least. >.>

I find TLOS childish, however, because they try so hard to make it look awesome and epic that it just turns into a complete mess.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#31 Posted: 12:59:24 06/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh, the next person who says, whether it considers to be a childish game, hold me!
---
#32 Posted: 16:57:21 06/09/2010
Why each era is childish:

Classic Spyro:
Very bright, dream-like worlds, happy-go-lucky characters, unrealistic deaths, non-frightening enemies, upbeat music, cute characters including some villains.

TLOS:
Unrealistic deaths, non frightening enemies, simple to play, the attempted maturity was overdone and comes off as being 'wannabe-ish', unrealistic love (they treat it as a feeling and force it to happen WAY too fast), no real death (all good guys are revived), tremendous evil is overcome quite easily (eg. just pound on the master of darkness incessently with no strategy and he dies; beat on the hands of a fire beast and it dies)
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#33 Posted: 20:14:21 06/09/2010
Ive not heard anyone call Spyro childish before.

And why has this turned into a flame TLoS topic anyways?

IMO the orginals were more directed to younger audiences then TLoS.
The bosses from both orginals and TLoS didnt scare me,but I did take the legend bosses more seriously.Also,The orginal characters never acted like the world was in mortal danger becuase of the happiness tone of the games.(Please dont take me wrong in this post,I am a fan of both TLoS and orginals.)
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8537
#34 Posted: 20:44:00 06/09/2010
The Classic Spyro was of course for younger children. TLoS is for younger kids, teens, and possibly adults. Either way, Spyro is in both groups for younger kids. Thus, being a childish game. So its not the gameplay thats childish, its just the groups the company want it to be.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#35 Posted: 21:47:21 06/09/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan

That was what I was thinking earlier...
---
#36 Posted: 21:49:44 06/09/2010

IMO the orginals were more directed to younger audiences then TLoS.
The bosses from both orginals and TLoS didnt scare me,but I did take the legend bosses more seriously.Also,The orginal characters never acted like the world was in mortal danger becuase of the happiness tone of the games.(Please dont take me wrong in this post,I am a fan of both TLoS and orginals.)

I think people are just stating opinions as to why they think LOS is childish, not necessarily flaming it.
---
#37 Posted: 21:51:44 06/09/2010
I don't think there are any flames here at all....
---
#38 Posted: 22:57:15 06/09/2010
I think you can call it flaming when people use words like,"Rubbish,"Stupid",and people are calling TLoS a joke.
---
#39 Posted: 23:17:51 06/09/2010
Only one person has called it by any of those, and that's it. So it's certainly not a flame topic.
---
#40 Posted: 23:21:44 06/09/2010
I was just giving examples.

And more then one person on this topic has been attacking TLoS.
---
#41 Posted: 23:52:10 06/09/2010
Let it be, crazy..
---
#42 Posted: 23:58:48 06/09/2010
Why should I?The legend haters never give up on their opinions.
---
#43 Posted: 23:59:32 06/09/2010
I just don't know where this 'flaming' is coming from - The question is 'why do people think it's childish', so people are answering.
---
#44 Posted: 00:01:03 07/09/2010
Some people are.But it seems this topic is more focused on TLoS then the orginals and I dont think it was meant to be that way.
---
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#45 Posted: 00:04:37 07/09/2010
Mostly because it doesn't have guns, blood and gore, nudity or any of that other crap they have in games nowadays. They don't make good games like Spyro anymore.smilie
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#46 Posted: 00:11:59 07/09/2010
Quote: Spyroo
I just don't know where this 'flaming' is coming from - The question is 'why do people think it's childish', so people are answering.

Series differences, that's why.
---
#47 Posted: 09:57:46 07/09/2010
Quote: Spyroo

Series differences, that's why.

But that doesn't mean it's flaming.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#48 Posted: 10:58:47 07/09/2010
Quote: Cuzzberry
Mostly because it doesn't have guns, blood and gore, nudity or any of that other crap they have in games nowadays. They don't make good games like Spyro anymore.smilie

Last time I checked, the Mario series was still very much alive.
---
Eh.
#49 Posted: 12:22:49 07/09/2010
Why should I?The legend haters never give up on their opinions.

Tell me, when do lover give up on thier opinions. Perhaps they don't state them as often as haters, but fans talk about how much they love it alot as well. Anyway, this arguement is pointless.
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#50 Posted: 13:35:02 07/09/2010
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Quote: Cuzzberry

Last time I checked, the Zelda series was still very much alive.

FIX'D, Mario is turning to minigames-pack series...
---
Keep smile
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me