Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > are they going to make a spyro game
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
are they going to make a spyro game [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#101 Posted: 09:26:42 30/08/2010
But months has past since you sent that e-mail.... they might know a little bit more about this knew direction or something...

Also, while I was browsing on You-tube I found a comment that caught my eye.

[User Posted Image]

It makes sense, because that post was only two weeks ago..... but half of me thinks he/she is lying.... But still, if that was true, then that would be great, because my wish would have been granted. :D
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#102 Posted: 09:31:09 30/08/2010
Ccrogers15 lied, obviously. He doesn't have proof of the next Spyro game, and was just spreading that fib around to get Spyro fans excited. Don't be deceived by desperate Old Spyro fans on youtube.

And bioncle2809 warned us about ccrogers15 spreading the lies on another topic here, it's been confirmed by ccrogers15 himself that he lied. Here:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=32677
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:47:12 30/08/2010 by Aura24
#103 Posted: 09:56:58 30/08/2010
Meh. I kind of knew that he was lying anyway....
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#104 Posted: 15:42:45 30/08/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
There is still a chance that they will go back to the originals, because one of the writers said that Activision is going in a different direction.... and they canceled the movie because of this direction. It could be a sign that they're going back to the originals. They said DIFFERENT, not new... and the classics is different to TLOS, so maybe, just maybe, they're going back. To me, it's 50-50 now. Before, I was so sure that they were continuing TLOS, but after that... my hope has risen... smilie

I agree with Zackeio. They didn't need to do the reboot. Sure, Spyro was going down hill, but that could have been fixed if they took a step back in time with the series and remade ETD, then continue from there again, as if events from AHT and SL and all the other GBA games never happened. That would have been enough of a reboot, and a good one too, and they could have another chance on making Spyro original again. I don't see what's so hard about putting a bunch of portals in the games.

ETD might have been all glitchy and bad, plus the loading is just horrible, but it's still original Spyro, because you're going to different worlds, you collect gems, and you're collecting something (dragonflies in this game), plus you can toast sheep. It still had the original atmosphere, and it could have been great if done properly. All they need to do is remake it, and now is a perfect chance, and they shouldn't blow it.

To make it original, they just need portals, the same characters, toasting sheep, home worlds, collecting gems and something else, and that's about it...

If they continue the Originals, it could still work. They don't have to act like TLOS never happened. They could just make it that TLOS was Original Spyro's pass. They did say that TLOS was going to come before STD, so maybe it meant that TLOS was Spyro's PAST (that's before STD, so they're still right), and not the same Spyro going on an adventure before Gnasty came in. It could also explain how Spyro and Sparx got his name. And Sheila said that dragons lived in The Forgotten Worlds a long time ago.... so Legend Spyro could have lived in the Forgotten world years ago, when dragons lived there, and before portals excised. And all the places in TLOS could easily match the the levels in YOTD, just remade with knew technology. A lot could have happened to those places in about 200 years or more, before the Sorceress invaded, and the flying scorers never excised in that time.

Floating Islands = Cloud Spires.
Burned Lands, or that lava level in ANB = Molten Crater
The dam = Evening Lake definitely.
Valley of Avalar = Avalar: Summer Forest. Okay, Avalar is far away from The Forgotten Worlds, but Spyro could have traveled to Avalar at some point in TLOS series. He's traveled a long way after all.
Dragon City = Dragon Realms or Artisans World.

And a lot more.

Someone should try to e-mail the writers again and talk about this knew direction. Months has past since they mentioned it, and they should know a little more by now.

*wipes tear* That was... BEAUTIFUL!

They could TOTALLY do that! I'm a little iffy on the LOS Spyro is Classic Spyro's father idea some have had, but the thought of naming a new purple dragon and the golden dragonfly who was born on the same day after the two heros of old? BRILLIANT! And yeah, LOS universe could definitelty be the Forgotten Worlds! Well done, great idea!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#105 Posted: 06:53:46 31/08/2010
Thanks. :D
---
GrandSpyro18 Blue Sparx Gems: 896
#106 Posted: 12:59:54 31/08/2010
lol....
---
Ugh
#107 Posted: 17:54:49 31/08/2010
If Activision is doing the next game in the Old Spyro universe, they probably won't be making it for the fans, probably just doing it as an attempt to keep the franchise going.

I mean, have they really been looking at our opinions of the current status of the franchise for the past two years, instead of busy revealing their other money-making game titles to the public? I know they leave the 'looking at the opinions and suggestions of the Spyro franchise' to the current producers, but still the company of Activision itself probably doesn't care about what we want.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:03:01 31/08/2010 by Aura24
#108 Posted: 18:09:57 31/08/2010
activison probably doesn't know squat about this siite but yea if they make a game of the old series they do it to keep the franchise going
---
Ugh
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#109 Posted: 20:01:50 31/08/2010
^Activision didn't pay any attention to community ideas or complaints. They're paying too much for scriptwriters, testers, marketing analytics etc. They don't need to listen us. If EA or Valve would be involved in Spyro franchise... well it would be a diffrent story.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:03 31/08/2010 by Omikron Dragon
#110 Posted: 20:06:26 31/08/2010
In the game industry ,the producers are suppose to be the ones in charge of the game franchise they are assigned in, listening to the feedback of the fans of that franchise. Activision is making decisions they shouldn't be making, and not letting the producers do their job.
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#111 Posted: 20:11:10 31/08/2010
Shouldn't they made a game with Ember and Flame in it?
#112 Posted: 20:12:43 31/08/2010
yes listen to us activison we r the right ones that know what will make the game great! smilie
---
Ugh
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#113 Posted: 20:14:23 31/08/2010
We need to think of some ideas for them.
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#114 Posted: 20:27:47 31/08/2010
We need to flood activision email with our suggestions smilie
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
#115 Posted: 20:40:23 31/08/2010
yeah i tried to ask em question and still got know anwser
---
Ugh
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#116 Posted: 20:40:43 31/08/2010
They're not supposed to be listening to fan feedback, they're supposed to be listening to market feedback. There's a difference,
---
Eh.
#117 Posted: 20:44:43 31/08/2010
yeah but it doesn't hurt to say we can't say or something
---
Ugh
#118 Posted: 20:47:26 31/08/2010
Obviously you can send in suggestions, just don't lose your heads and accuse them of betrayal just for doing the job they're supposed to do.
---
Eh.
#119 Posted: 20:49:11 31/08/2010
im not crazy mad about just i want 1 anwser
---
Ugh
#120 Posted: 20:49:55 31/08/2010
Activision has changed ideas the producers originally had, like having the original composers of the LoS trilogy return, since another department of Activision chose another composer. And also, they cancelled the Movie over some idea that they think will live up to the Spyro franchise.

Who knows what other things Activision changed for the next Spyro game, for something they think will get them money..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:20 31/08/2010 by Aura24
#121 Posted: 20:51:09 31/08/2010
yeah your right......again
---
Ugh
#122 Posted: 20:52:25 31/08/2010
To be frank, with things like that, the heads can ignore the producers' advice if they deem it beneficial to the company. It's harsh, but that's business for you.
---
Eh.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#123 Posted: 20:53:19 31/08/2010
Activision has indeed made changes within the Spyro franchise that has caused both unsettling and puffery amongst us fans. However Burning Gnorc, is right. Publishers and or Big Wigs like Activision don't listen to fan feedback, they listen to market feedback. If this title has sold well then they'll make more, if not then its possible that they will either investigate why, or stop making that title all together.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#124 Posted: 21:50:44 31/08/2010
Activision is probably just making a Spyro game just to continue the franchise without thinking beforehand.
---
#125 Posted: 22:33:37 31/08/2010
Quote: Zackeio
Activision has indeed made changes within the Spyro franchise that has caused both unsettling and puffery amongst us fans. However Burning Gnorc, is right. Publishers and or Big Wigs like Activision don't listen to fan feedback, they listen to market feedback. If this title has sold well then they'll make more, if not then its possible that they will either investigate why, or stop making that title all together.

If that's the case, then wouldn't that mean that they would continue were YOTD left off again? Or remake ETD? Because those three games sold the highest, YOTD getting the highest score out of the three. TLOS didn't get as good reviews, and DOTD got bad reviews....

I makes me wonder... They canceled the TLOS movie. They got rid of one of the TLOS producers. It's all connected to TLOS in some way, which is more proof of the originals coming back. :\
---
#126 Posted: 22:36:18 31/08/2010
Still, who knows what they'll change up in the next game. They may have already made changes without us knowing.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#127 Posted: 22:49:31 31/08/2010

If that's the case, then wouldn't that mean that they would continue were YOTD left off again? Or remake ETD? Because those three games sold the highest, YOTD getting the highest score out of the three. TLOS didn't get as good reviews, and DOTD got bad reviews....

I makes me wonder... They canceled the TLOS movie. They got rid of one of the TLOS producers. It's all connected to TLOS in some way, which is more proof of the originals coming back. smilie

I think what Zackeio meant by market feedback, is recent market feedback.
#128 Posted: 22:53:57 31/08/2010
Yes, recent market feedback, like the feedback of AHT, SL, and the LoS trilogy. And, DarkCynder, ETD's market was released since 2002. Activision wouldn't look at a Spyro game that old.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:16 31/08/2010 by Aura24
#129 Posted: 23:21:07 31/08/2010
Quote: Aura24
Yes, recent market feedback, like the feedback of AHT, SL, and the LoS trilogy. And, DarkCynder, ETD's market was released since 2002. Activision wouldn't look at a Spyro game that old.

I have to agree. I don't believe that Activision would be that interested in Spyro to dig up sales records of all the Spyro games, and be willing to spend resources to track, purchase, and buy the games that sold the most to see where they can go next.

In fact, we don't even know how Activision works within their walls. Any thought of Activision being Spyro's savior is nothing more than an illusion (or even allusion) until we actually see some cold hard evidence that they are guiding Spyro in the right direction.

But even that leads to what I said that Activision's changes with Spyro has caused. . . concern amongst us fans. We simple don't know what Activision is planning. . . time will tell whether or not Activision is good for Spyro or worst.

*sigh* I just pray that I'm wrong about Activision and that they'll actual pull through. smilie
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:27 31/08/2010 by Zackeio
#130 Posted: 23:31:07 31/08/2010
For the company, reviews are pretty much a non-factor when compared to the selling performance. In that regards, looking to the past where Activision wouldn't (probably), Spyro the Dragon itself sold the most while the series has been on a decline since (really, the original was the only one to sell close to 5 million copies! Must be why there were so many attempts to shoehorn Gnasty into the games even before AHT).

As for recent sales, there's barely anything on it. What I did find was that SL sold 0.56m units, while DotD sold 1.76m units (although no one platform sold any more than 0.45m units). Seriously, I would have expected AHT sales, at least. :/
---
Eh.
#131 Posted: 23:38:02 31/08/2010
Quote: Burning Gnorc
For the company, reviews are pretty much a non-factor when compared to the selling performance. In that regards, looking to the past where Activision wouldn't (probably), Spyro the Dragon itself sold the most while the series has been on a decline since (really, the original was the only one to sell close to 5 million copies! Must be why there were so many attempts to shoehorn Gnasty into the games even before AHT).

As for recent sales, there's barely anything on it. What I did find was that SL sold 0.56m units, while DotD sold 1.76m units (although no one platform sold any more than 0.45m units). Seriously, I would have expected AHT sales, at least. :/

Interesting smilie . . . Where did you obtain this from Burning Gnorc?
---
My Gallery
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#132 Posted: 23:51:30 31/08/2010
OKAY THIS TIME ACTIVISON NEEDS TO FRICKEN LISTEN TO US!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:46 31/08/2010 by parisruelz12
#133 Posted: 23:56:00 31/08/2010
Unfortunately, it was from VGchartz. smilie;

However, I do know that several sources have said that Spyro 1 was the only one to sell 5 million (even though it fell slightly short), so that at least is true. After seaching for half an hour at least, those were the only whole sets of figures I could find (with some but not all for TEN, one set for ANB and NONE for AHT). Until I can find a better source, that's all we have.
---
Eh.
#134 Posted: 23:58:04 31/08/2010
what?
---
#135 Posted: 00:00:20 01/09/2010
Unfortunately, it was from VGchartz. smilie;

However, I do know that several sources have said that Spyro 1 was the only one to sell 5 million (even though it fell slightly short), so that at least is true. After seaching for half an hour at least, those were the only whole sets of figures I could find (with some but not all for TEN, one set for ANB and NONE for AHT). Until I can find a better source, that's all we have.

I hear ya. No matter, I'm sure the best way to see how well a Game series has actually sold to the day it was released till know is to read their annual records.

I doubt they'll detail it enough to list every components total sales though.
---
My Gallery
#136 Posted: 00:04:07 01/09/2010
Just updating what I've found randomly.

Okay, not exactly the most specific of selling figures, but an IGN XBox preview for AHT said that the Spyro franchise had sold over 13 million units (meaning everything before AHT), and a Wendy promotional announcement for TEN stated that the Spyro franchise had sold over 20 million (meaning everything before TEN). If this was right, AHT, SL and AND combined would have been about 7 million, and with SL being about 0.5/6 million, AHT and ANB combined would be about 6.5 million.

Not bad...but it suggests that the 1.76m figure is a decline, depending on where the split lies (but really, I doubt AHT sold 4.5 million...).
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:53 01/09/2010 by Burning Gnorc
#137 Posted: 00:08:03 01/09/2010
yeah...
---
#138 Posted: 00:25:25 01/09/2010

Okay, not exactly the most specific of selling figures, but an IGN XBox preview for AHT said that the Spyro franchise had sold over 13 million units (meaning everything before AHT), and a Wendy promotional announcement for TEN stated that the Spyro franchise had sold over 20 million (meaning everything before TEN). If this was right, AHT, SL and AND combined would have been about 7 million, and with SL being about 0.5/6 million, AHT and ANB combined would be about 6.5 million.

Not bad...but it suggests that the 1.76m figure is a decline, depending on where the split lies (but really, I doubt AHT sold 4.5 million...).

It is probable, a user here has stated that AHT has reached a Platinum level in terms of sales. I'm not sure what Platinum means over where he is but it must be big if it where to get such a title.

I think those figures might be close to accurate. I tallied up VGChartz total worldwide sales excluding AHT - DOTD, and it rallies up to 17.54 Million; if both of these figures are correct, that still means that when Spyro the Dragon was still in its Original Saga / Trilogy, it was still popular.

But, we all know that ETD did not receive the best of reviews, and this info can be misleading. More digging is indeed required to get the best accurate sales records, but I feel that its worth it.

However, if Activision is going with Sales to determine the direction of the next Spyro game then we might expect original characters, gameplay, or aesthetics in the next Spyro game. But AHT and ETD proved that it takes more than just Original Characters appearance to appeal to the Spyro's fan-base.

*sigh* We'll see, we'll all see when it comes to bare.
---
My Gallery
#139 Posted: 01:41:33 01/09/2010
I think what Activision are going to do is look at TLoS and think "Hey! DotD sold over 1m copies and is the first Spyro game to do so since the originals!" thinking that their getting somewhere, when in actual fact if you minus the people who hated the game or took it back, then it would probably only be the same amount of sales as ANB or TEN.
#140 Posted: 01:54:49 01/09/2010
1m sales isn't much in the Video Game Biz from what I hear. Normal games usually sell 2m to be worth something. Since TLOS sold an estimate of 2-4m with all three games combine that's hardly worth snuffing at. While the original series sold an estimate of 5-7m total combine (the first three anyway).

If Activision wants to rank in the money, then their going to have to study the original series very hard. I may not know what potential profit TLOS might hold, and if TLOS is still trying to be the new Mainstream of Spyro games, then I'll stick to what I said earlier: If they go down this route, they'll continue to corrupt Spyro.
---
My Gallery
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#141 Posted: 02:18:51 01/09/2010
Why does nobody think "Different Direction" means different gameplay! It's like how Miyomoto said Twilight Princess was the last game in it's form. People thought gameplay. Other people thought storyline. Also others thought design.

Turns out it was the design. See even though Activision said "Different Direction" we can never be sure what it is. A new look. A new storyline. New gameplay. We'll never know until they tell.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#142 Posted: 03:38:40 01/09/2010
No offense Star but, going back to the originals is thinking about gameplay, and story, design, atmosphere, and character personality, and probably much more. TLOS and the Originals, share very, very little with each other. This we all know to accept as true. By saying that some of us want it to go back to the originals is a different direction. As such we mean not only just gameplay, but also story, and direction (where future games might lead to) as well.

We all don't know what different direction implies as its a vague statement within itself. We can only speculate.

As you said:
Quote: StartheDragon77
We'll never know until they tell.
---
My Gallery
#143 Posted: 03:52:10 01/09/2010
http://www.spyroworld.net/home/6410

From the looks of this 2008 article, with the interview from CEO Mike Griffith, Activision was using consumer testing to determine what direction Spyro should go.

It didn't note about the old Spyro returning, they were still determining at the time.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:57:04 01/09/2010 by Aura24
#144 Posted: 04:04:52 01/09/2010
I'm just crossing my fingers they'll bring back Malefor.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
deco2709 Blue Sparx Gems: 864
#145 Posted: 06:29:57 01/09/2010
i also prefer the old series although i prefer the american name of riptos rage to gateway to glimmer
#146 Posted: 06:37:53 01/09/2010
Malefor is DEAD. The spirits drove him back inside the core. He's not getting out. And if he does..... then he will be Ripto's clone. >.<
---
#147 Posted: 09:20:54 01/09/2010
Malefor is DEAD. The spirits drove him back inside the core. He's not getting out. And if he does..... then he will be Ripto's clone. >.<

So? I know tons of game villians that come back despite being killed. Like Ganondorf, Bowser, etc. So that won't stop them from bringing back Malefor and also he is not dead he is imprisoned!
---
#148 Posted: 11:01:13 01/09/2010
Sorry. I just think that Malefor coming back isn't a good idea.... They should think of something more original. :\
---
#149 Posted: 11:01:43 01/09/2010
Quote: deco2709
i also prefer the old series although i prefer the american name of riptos rage to gateway to glimmer

Um... That came out of no where...

Actually, Malefor isn't dead, he's just trapped. Pretty much, they were trying to pull off the old "He's not actually dead, so we could bring him back any time we wanted" thing.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#150 Posted: 13:43:36 01/09/2010

It is probable, a user here has stated that AHT has reached a Platinum level in terms of sales. I'm not sure what Platinum means over where he is but it must be big if it where to get such a title.

I think those figures might be close to accurate. I tallied up VGChartz total worldwide sales excluding AHT - DOTD, and it rallies up to 17.54 Million; if both of these figures are correct, that still means that when Spyro the Dragon was still in its Original Saga / Trilogy, it was still popular.

But, we all know that ETD did not receive the best of reviews, and this info can be misleading. More digging is indeed required to get the best accurate sales records, but I feel that its worth it.

However, if Activision is going with Sales to determine the direction of the next Spyro game then we might expect original characters, gameplay, or aesthetics in the next Spyro game. But AHT and ETD proved that it takes more than just Original Characters appearance to appeal to the Spyro's fan-base.

*sigh* We'll see, we'll all see when it comes to bare.

I recently bought Spyro a Hero's Tail,and it has the Platinum title .
Heres some pictures I took.
see for yourselves.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
you're right Zackeio,
AHT seems to have sold quite a lot ...
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me