Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > are they going to make a spyro game
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
are they going to make a spyro game [CLOSED]
GrandSpyro18 Blue Sparx Gems: 896
#51 Posted: 17:57:54 26/08/2010
exactly i might be a whole different story line different boss creatures just same characters MAYBE smilie
---
Ugh
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 18:03:04 26/08/2010
The same chacters, a more light hearted atmosphere, returning bosses from the original trilogy, some features from the first three games.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#53 Posted: 18:04:47 26/08/2010
exactly just i hope it's not a reboot but yeah what you said smilie
---
Ugh
#54 Posted: 18:06:33 26/08/2010
Something both old and new Spyro can like and enjoy, a complete storyline in one game, some interesting twists, and other things you don't expect in a Spyro game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#55 Posted: 18:11:30 26/08/2010
yeah maybe some future stuff like agent 9 people with ray guns robots maybe smilie
---
Ugh
#56 Posted: 18:12:44 26/08/2010
Hm, I don't know about Agent 9 being in a LoS universe Spyro game.
---
#57 Posted: 18:19:26 26/08/2010
well maybe some future stuff
---
Ugh
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#58 Posted: 22:59:23 26/08/2010
Quote: Aura24
Quote: spyro16
there is a video on youtube i found about the posible new game.(its probably fake though)it said something about the release date being late 2011-early 2012. it also said it is based on the first 3 classics. ile just let you look and see what you think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coxjv9lK0fg

It's possibly fake, Spyro16. They don't have proof that the next game will be based off the first three.

thats what im thinking.
to me what gave it away is that the user who made the video said that he was getting emails about the game and as far as i know it could just be another rumour going around youtube.(agian)*facepalm*
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#59 Posted: 04:44:48 27/08/2010
Did anybody think that the "New Direction" could mean a whole new gameplay. I mean Malefor has to come back!
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#60 Posted: 04:51:38 27/08/2010
It's different direction. Not new direction.
---
#61 Posted: 04:55:39 27/08/2010
Samething in a way.

But I mean it's like Twilight Princess when Miyimoto (can't spell name.) said that was the last game in it's form. Turns out he was talking about the graphics.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#62 Posted: 23:21:55 27/08/2010 | Topic Creator
i did not say there going to make another game
#63 Posted: 23:24:48 27/08/2010
No you didn't, but the question you asked has been answered so MANY times on this forum.
---
#64 Posted: 23:28:51 27/08/2010 | Topic Creator
aaaaaaaaaa to much yelling at me aaaaaa
now running to my emo
corner......happy place happy place happy place
#65 Posted: 23:30:01 27/08/2010
Yes, there is going to be another Spyro game, aran. Next time, look around the forum to see if you're question isn't already made into a topic by someone else.
---
#66 Posted: 23:32:44 27/08/2010 | Topic Creator
but i also said what story line u would want
sooo blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#67 Posted: 23:34:10 27/08/2010
We don't know what storyline it will take place in, aran.
---
#68 Posted: 23:37:15 27/08/2010 | Topic Creator
no no no i was saying what would u want the story line to be
i think u are a person
gust have joy in your life and you are set for the ride that is called life
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:54 28/08/2010 by aran
#69 Posted: 23:39:53 27/08/2010
Why? I wasn't doing anything mean in any way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:00 27/08/2010 by Aura24
#70 Posted: 23:43:41 27/08/2010 | Topic Creator
what about the story line or what as i said that u are not nice or what about life?
give me more detail o yea i made a another topic if u want to see it is on the random section
#71 Posted: 23:56:01 27/08/2010 | Topic Creator
o ok sorry
#72 Posted: 00:19:47 28/08/2010 | Topic Creator
o uncool aura24 said ''what'' .so on #70 Posted so i said

what about the story line or what as i said that u are not nice or what about life?
give me more detail o yea i made a another topic if u want to see it is on the random section
#73 Posted: 00:23:36 28/08/2010
What's with the triple posting, aran? You could've edited your one post and post a different message in it.
---
#74 Posted: 02:10:11 28/08/2010
No you didn't, but the question you asked has been answered so MANY times on this forum.

yeah no offence aran but i have seen many topics about a new game and so far the answer is yes there will be a new game just no one knows when it will be released.(if this year or next year)
---
Slendy's Shadow
#75 Posted: 08:50:20 28/08/2010
I'm just waiting until it happens.
---
#76 Posted: 09:36:25 28/08/2010
^same
---
Slendy's Shadow
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#77 Posted: 07:22:12 29/08/2010
Quote: DarkCynder10
I don't think it would be another LOS game. That was a trilogy, and all three parts of the trilogy have come and gone. They might go back with classic Spyro.

Unless they ruin him again... >_>

I have my fingers crossed for this. :D
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#78 Posted: 14:57:48 29/08/2010
...Some fans just keep on forgetting about the whole purpose of the LoS trilogy.
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#79 Posted: 15:37:18 29/08/2010
Wasn't it to re-establish the characters while at the same time explaining what happen before the events of Spyro the Dragon smilie .

If that's true, then quite frankly that's probably why this original Spyro fan dislikes the Los trilogy smilie . Especially the, re-establishing of characters.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#80 Posted: 18:43:01 29/08/2010
The trilogy was made to recreate Spyro's world and its characters, and that it will continue on from there with a different, friendly atmosphere.
---
#81 Posted: 20:13:22 29/08/2010
Yeah, re-establishing characters smilie . I still don't think it was needed, to re-invent Spyro to keep him alive. I'm sorry, but to me that's stupid. Why go through a character/ world/ atmosphere change just to stay alive?

Looney Toons, never changed, and its still good to this day. Mario never changed and he still makes sales. So why is it that Spyro needs to change to make sales or stay alive? I can understand growing up, sure, darker themes, more serious atmosphere, why not, changing the whole gameplay and characters just to make it happen? No.

Spongebob the Movie, where he gets King Trident's Crown back, is taken to a more serious level, YET its still Spongebob. That movie is a good example of taking something silly, making it serious, and not giving up on its charm on what made it popular to begin with.

Why can't Spyro, be like that smilie ?

If LOS was a spin-off series from start to finish, then I wouldn't be so concerning about Spyro's future. I wouldn't be saying, "if they continue with the LOS universe they'll continue to destroy Spyro" . Because if LOS was a spin-off series, then LOS is just a detour of what Spyro really is. LOS is not cannon, its just a silly non-serious idea of what would happen if Spyro was like this in this atmosphere.

I would then have a more less serious tone on LOS, because, who cares, its a spin-off series. Its like a filler if you will, no one really cares about fillers, there just there to keep us occupied and give the developers more time to concentrate on what really matters. If LOS was like that, then heck, I wouldn't even bother buying a LOS game. Its just there to keep us busy while we wait for the actual mainstream Spyro games to come out.

But unfortunately, it sounds like, appears to be like, and looks like LOS is trying to be the new Mainstream of Spyro games. And for this Original Spyro fan that's what's frightening.

Again, if they are going to make a Spyro game, they need to go back to square one. Play the originals, study the originals, see how they improved upon themselves during the originals, and then improve upon that.
---
My Gallery
#82 Posted: 20:18:36 29/08/2010
What if they don't do an Old Spyro game, that would be like the original three?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:36 29/08/2010 by Aura24
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#83 Posted: 20:23:20 29/08/2010
Quote: Zackeio
Yeah, re-establishing characters smilie . I still don't think it was needed, to re-invent Spyro to keep him alive. I'm sorry, but to me that's stupid. Why go through a character/ world/ atmosphere change just to stay alive?

Looney Toons, never changed, and its still good to this day. Mario never changed and he still makes sales. So why is it that Spyro needs to change to make sales or stay alive? I can understand growing up, sure, darker themes, more serious atmosphere, why not, changing the whole gameplay and characters just to make it happen? No.

Spongebob the Movie, where he gets King Trident's Crown back, is taken to a more serious level, YET its still Spongebob. That movie is a good example of taking something silly, making it serious, and not giving up on its charm on what made it popular to begin with.

Why can't Spyro, be like that smilie ?

If LOS was a spin-off series from start to finish, then I wouldn't be so concerning about Spyro's future. I wouldn't be saying, "if they continue with the LOS universe they'll continue to destroy Spyro" . Because if LOS was a spin-off series, then LOS is just a detour of what Spyro really is. LOS is not cannon, its just a silly non-serious idea of what would happen if Spyro was like this in this atmosphere.

I would then have a more less serious tone on LOS, because, who cares, its a spin-off series. Its like a filler if you will, no one really cares about fillers, there just there to keep us occupied and give the developers more time to concentrate on what really matters. If LOS was like that, then heck, I wouldn't even bother buying a LOS game. Its just there to keep us busy while we wait for the actual mainstream Spyro games to come out.

But unfortunately, it sounds like, appears to be like, and looks like LOS is trying to be the new Mainstream of Spyro games. And for this Original Spyro fan that's what's frightening.

Again, if they are going to make a Spyro game, they need to go back to square one. Play the originals, study the originals, see how they improved upon themselves during the originals, and then improve upon that.

You are wise sir.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#84 Posted: 20:24:31 29/08/2010
What if they don't do an Old Spyro game, that would be like the original three?

No offense, but you keep saying that over and over again......
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#85 Posted: 20:26:24 29/08/2010
Much like how some of you keep saying that you want the old Spyro back, over and over again...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:08 29/08/2010 by Aura24
#86 Posted: 20:28:28 29/08/2010
Much like how some of you keep saying that you want the old Spyro back, over and over again...

Yep, very much so. But at least it's an actual post, rather than asking the same question with no real point to it (again, no offense).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#87 Posted: 20:29:01 29/08/2010
I'm fine with both Spyros. I like old Spyro for his comedy and I like new Spyro for the serious and dark story lines.
---
#88 Posted: 20:29:30 29/08/2010
I don't see the point of the fuss over restating opinions. I imagine that many fans who want old Spyro will cease to play Spyro if LOS continues. After all, who really wants to spend good money renting/buying a game they don't like? I'm not saying all classic fans will leave if they don't return; why do that if they make LOS fun/create another new Spyro that they actually like, but I bet will leave if they keep making games they don't like.
---
#89 Posted: 20:35:46 29/08/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
I'm fine with both Spyros. I like old Spyro for his comedy and I like new Spyro for the serious and dark story lines.

I agree. If it's an old Spyro game, I'm okay with it. I'm just more certain that the next game will probably be set in the LoS universe, after discovering why the trilogy was made.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:16 29/08/2010 by Aura24
#90 Posted: 20:46:09 29/08/2010
What I want is that the basics of the original three, improved in some way, shape or form.

Again, Mario still collects stars or something that helps a land or wold out from Browser's evil clutches. But the main thing is that he still COLLECTS something. He does so through a serious of jumps through one platform to the next, like he did in the originals. Its just now that Mario has more jumping abilities like the Triple jump, long jump, back flip, wall jump, and side jump.

Every now and then Mario can either have a melee move like punching or kicking, or have a water propelled jet back, or a little star like creature that allows him to spin to KO enemies. Regardless of the gimmick, he still jumps from one platform to the next, while trying to collect Stars, Sun Sprites, whatever.

Spyro needs to be collecting something, eggs, fireflies, underwear, who cares. Yet he needs to do so, with his ability to charge, breathe fire (multiple breaths or not) head bash, climb, swim, pole spin, something that's platform related. Adding more, or experimenting with him to see if they should add more is perfectly fine.

Enemies having multiple hits I don't mind, BUT they have to have a really high flinch rate in order for it work. Spyro 1 had a couple of enemies that took more than one hit, yet they "Flinched" every time you hit them. The Shepard dogs, took two hits, the Gnorc Gem thieves took three hits, etc. This I don't mind.

Are the enemies Passive or Aggressive (do they sit and wait for you to get in range, or do they come after you), this, needs to be taken into consideration. Do they have ranged attacks, do they have melee attacks, do they do something that pushes the limits of the Player to handle Spyro correctly to deal with a threat, do they simply block the way? Who knows, but that is something that they can improve on while still keeping the 1-2 hit rule for the enemies.

Having more than one thing to collect, through a series of different challenges needs to be in here as well. Spyro collected more than one thing in all of his early games. Be it Eggs, Gems, Orbs, Dragons, Dragon Eggs, Talismans, Gears, Balloons, something. Yet he did so in all different types of scenarios that the game presented to the player to keep it fresh and interesting.

I don't care if it takes 2+ Years to make, as long as it pays its respects to what Spyro is, and what made it popular, then I don't care what extra gimmick they trow in there. As long it fits with whats going in the atmosphere of the game, I'll roll with it.

All in all, whether the next Spyro game is a reboot, continuing off of LOS or the Original trilogy, it needs to be a Platformer. Spyro needs to be collecting something, he needs to be able to do all the things he was able to do in the early games then, and improved so they work in today's configuration.

Even the simple things like holding down ▲ and looking around, burning plant life and they lie there brunt and motionless, stuff like that. . . needs to be there. . . I just don't understand why all of that, needs to be thrown out the window, to keep Spyro alive smilie . . . I don't! Its ludicrous to me, its mind boggling. . .

*sigh* smilie . I just hope they pay their proper respects of what made Spyro, Spyro, and not twist, corrupt him, into something that he is not. And we all know that all of what I said also includes his Personality from the originals as well.
---
My Gallery
#91 Posted: 20:51:26 29/08/2010
VERY well said!

As for what you said about the enemies being passive and what not, all I have to add is that variety is the spice of life! So mix it up!
---
#92 Posted: 21:10:03 29/08/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
VERY well said!

As for what you said about the enemies being passive and what not, all I have to add is that variety is the spice of life! So mix it up!

*deep breathe* Yeah. . . That would be nice to see in a Spyro game. . . heck even cowardly enemies would be nice to see again in a Spyro game.
---
My Gallery
#93 Posted: 21:31:26 29/08/2010
Um new Spyro does collect things. Does Eternal Night rings a bell? You have to find collectables in it.
---
#94 Posted: 21:34:35 29/08/2010
Um new Spyro does collect things. Does Eternal Night rings a bell? You have to find collectables in it.

But it doesn't constitute to complete or beat the game, like Mario and the old Spyro games did. You could easily skip the Relics, and Feathers, and still beat the game.

In both Mario and the old Spyro games you need to collect a certain amount of everything to progress to the rest of the game.
---
My Gallery
#95 Posted: 21:37:28 29/08/2010
But at least he collects something.
---
#96 Posted: 21:42:41 29/08/2010
But at least he collects something.

True, he is collecting something, but there is no substance or value in them to complete or beat the game. Even if you did collect everything your only reward is an art gallery. Its a nice gallery yes, but that doesn't mean anything to the actual game.

The old games give you a secret level to play once you have collected a certain amount of everything. This prolongs the replayablity of the games because there's much, much more to it then just an art gallery of your characters or enemies.
---
My Gallery
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#97 Posted: 22:12:17 29/08/2010
games can't be the same forever you know. Harsh reality i know but games only stay the same (example: mario, legend of zelda,...) if the sales are high and the game is extremely popular, you know, why would it be changed if it's perfect. And i'm just gona roll my eyes if you say but spyro was fine...no. It was not going good. spyro the dragon, gateway to glimmer/ripto's rage and year of the dragon were amazing and sold at that too. A hero's tale and enter the dragonfly barely got an advert in a magazine and were only bought in hope that it would be as good as the originals.
If the next game is set in the originals i will be happy all the same, but i just don't see that happening given the circumstances.

i'm not gona say that they shouldn't have done what they did as i like Tlos too. But yeah they could have just actually tried to make spyro games better and not rebot it but who knows what that could have turned out like.
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
#98 Posted: 23:28:39 29/08/2010
The thing is though.... Spyro was still selling well overall. I've said it once and I'll say it again - AHT hit Platinum, meaning sales were still good for him.
I actually saw a lot of advertising for AHT and ETD, and ANB too, but DOTD..... I saw 2 adverts on a childrens station and not a single poster even in the biggest videogame store in my country. Even SL had a poster at least.
But if comparing to the original trilogy, then yes, I do agree.

And Zackeio - I agree. Collecting things to progress makes the user actually do something other than smashing a button over and over again. No matter which direction they take, I hope they'll bring that aspect back at least.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#99 Posted: 06:58:52 30/08/2010
There is still a chance that they will go back to the originals, because one of the writers said that Activision is going in a different direction.... and they canceled the movie because of this direction. It could be a sign that they're going back to the originals. They said DIFFERENT, not new... and the classics is different to TLOS, so maybe, just maybe, they're going back. To me, it's 50-50 now. Before, I was so sure that they were continuing TLOS, but after that... my hope has risen... :D

I agree with Zackeio. They didn't need to do the reboot. Sure, Spyro was going down hill, but that could have been fixed if they took a step back in time with the series and remade ETD, then continue from there again, as if events from AHT and SL and all the other GBA games never happened. That would have been enough of a reboot, and a good one too, and they could have another chance on making Spyro original again. I don't see what's so hard about putting a bunch of portals in the games.

ETD might have been all glitchy and bad, plus the loading is just horrible, but it's still original Spyro, because you're going to different worlds, you collect gems, and you're collecting something (dragonflies in this game), plus you can toast sheep. It still had the original atmosphere, and it could have been great if done properly. All they need to do is remake it, and now is a perfect chance, and they shouldn't blow it.

To make it original, they just need portals, the same characters, toasting sheep, home worlds, collecting gems and something else, and that's about it...

If they continue the Originals, it could still work. They don't have to act like TLOS never happened. They could just make it that TLOS was Original Spyro's pass. They did say that TLOS was going to come before STD, so maybe it meant that TLOS was Spyro's PAST (that's before STD, so they're still right), and not the same Spyro going on an adventure before Gnasty came in. It could also explain how Spyro and Sparx got his name. And Sheila said that dragons lived in The Forgotten Worlds a long time ago.... so Legend Spyro could have lived in the Forgotten world years ago, when dragons lived there, and before portals excised. And all the places in TLOS could easily match the the levels in YOTD, just remade with knew technology. A lot could have happened to those places in about 200 years or more, before the Sorceress invaded, and the flying scorers never excised in that time.

Floating Islands = Cloud Spires.
Burned Lands, or that lava level in ANB = Molten Crater
The dam = Evening Lake definitely.
Valley of Avalar = Avalar: Summer Forest. Okay, Avalar is far away from The Forgotten Worlds, but Spyro could have traveled to Avalar at some point in TLOS series. He's traveled a long way after all.
Dragon City = Dragon Realms or Artisans World.

And a lot more.

Someone should try to e-mail the writers again and talk about this knew direction. Months has past since they mentioned it, and they should know a little more by now.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:46:08 30/08/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#100 Posted: 08:29:39 30/08/2010
I know a lot of Spyro fans will be agitated and fustrated if the next game is set in the LoS universe..

And the writers don't know about the different direction. If they knew it, they would've shared it with us.
---
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me