Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Changing TLoS [CLOSED]
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#201 Posted: 20:55:02 18/08/2010
True, that's because people automatically panic when they hear the word reboot. I did. Fair enough about rather playing ETD (it's not too bad of a game but i did think that the catching dragonflies with bubble was annoying and the the game was basically year of the dragon but not as good all over again).
But you can't say dawn of the dragon is a bad game, lots of people like it, and some just didn't, but what i'm saying is that everyone had something they didn't like with ETD and AHT. So, big company owning spyro chooses either keep originals and possibly disappoint everyone if it fails, or get a new crowd and some old fans with a reboot.
We didn't ask for a reboot but feedback made them come up with what they thought the best solution was.
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#202 Posted: 15:27:04 19/08/2010
Could they not just change the originals a bit or try thieir best to imitate InOmniac in style while still making something new?
Hell the AHT style was decent they just needed a few changes: Portals not open worlds, and better voices (for Spyro especially).
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#203 Posted: 15:51:13 19/08/2010
yeah they could have right enough, but i wasn't in charge of sierra lol.
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#204 Posted: 15:52:55 19/08/2010
I do understand where you're coming from Rock_Mosher, but the company should have really thought harder.

At first, this game was introduced as a prelogue - So many people were still happy. Right at the last moment, they changed it into a reboot.
The thing is, the feedback they mainly received was the lack of portals, annoying voices, slightly different personalities, and a slightly 'too' childish atmosphere compared to previous games.

Really, DOTD received a lower score overall than AHT, as well as poorer sales, which could have been prevented had they just listened properly to customer requests.

Overall, IMHO, it just seems as though someone in the office had a great idea for a game, but, instead of using their own characters, decided to 'use' the Spyro name to sell it. Just what I think, anyway.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#205 Posted: 15:52:58 19/08/2010
Quote: Rock_Mosher
True, that's because people automatically panic when they hear the word reboot. I did. Fair enough about rather playing ETD (it's not too bad of a game but i did think that the catching dragonflies with bubble was annoying and the the game was basically year of the dragon but not as good all over again).
But you can't say dawn of the dragon is a bad game, lots of people like it, and some just didn't, but what i'm saying is that everyone had something they didn't like with ETD and AHT. So, big company owning spyro chooses either keep originals and possibly disappoint everyone if it fails, or get a new crowd and some old fans with a reboot.
We didn't ask for a reboot but feedback made them come up with what they thought the best solution was.

...And everyone had something they didn't like with TLoS, too.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#206 Posted: 16:10:25 19/08/2010
Quote: Crashfan25

...And everyone had something they didn't like with TLoS, too.

Agreed. I have some things I did not like.

• Okay, so we get there is this ancient war between Dragons and Apes, that devestated the Dragon World. But the War is never explained in full Detail and I don't quite understand it. I want more info, not just saying about some War devestating things.
  • Portals! The fun of the original series was Portals. We need Portals, and there were none. You could not revisit worlds via choice, instead you would have to replay the game until you reach the Level you have been trying to get to.
  • The Gems. It was a fail. Look at them, Gems are collectibles, not random powers. Spirit Gems are useless once you've upgraded everything, Health is meant to be butterflies and since when did Spyro have limited breathe?
  • The enemies were Apes. Apes, seriously. Dragons got defeated and their civilisation mostly lost to a bunch of Monkeys in armour? If one child Dragon could take on half a billion Apes, then why couldn't half a billion fully-trained Dragons take on the Apes?
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#207 Posted: 16:20:04 19/08/2010
from what i can see people either loved the game or hated it. But of course we always want to alter a game in some way, you cant make everyone happy. I didn't dislike TLOS. i loved TLOS and the originals, just not anything that happened in between them, cause they were meant to be like the originals and failed. To me they ruined what i liked about spyro. At least they didn't do that with TLOS, they took on a new story and idea.
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#208 Posted: 16:22:57 19/08/2010
from what i can see people either loved the game or hated it. But of course we always want to alter a game in some way, you cant make everyone happy. I didn't dislike TLOS. i loved TLOS and the originals, just not anything that happened in between them, cause they were meant to be like the originals and failed. To me they ruined what i liked about spyro. At least they didn't do that with TLOS, they took on a new story and idea.

...That's exactly what ruined what I liked about Spyro.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#209 Posted: 16:24:39 19/08/2010

^This.

I won't deny that I enjoyed TEN, but most people hated it.

Although as far as I'm concerned at least, DOTD ruined TLOS entirely.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#210 Posted: 16:25:09 19/08/2010

Agreed. The Originals had a brilliant Story, tLoS had a story that was a rip off from hundreds of Fantasy Books. They got rid of the colourful element and tried to make Spyro more Mature. It failed, for me tLoS was awful. It ruined everything Spyro was about...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#211 Posted: 16:28:20 19/08/2010
I mean, TLoS would have been A HELL OF A LOT better if they hadn't REBOOTED THE DAMN STORY. I mean, there's nothing wrong with giving the characters massive overhauls.

What's the reason I loved the new Crash Bandicoot games? The gameplay's cool, the character revamps are pretty neat, the graphic and music are there, and probably most importantly: IT DIDN'T TRY TO RE-INVENT THE FRANCHISE. Radical Entertainment, the creators of CotT and MoM CONFIRMED that these games were canon, and continued the story of Twinsanity.

That's the biggest issue I have with TLoS. You shouldn't try to re-boot something we've known and loved.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:49 19/08/2010 by Crashfan25
#212 Posted: 16:32:26 19/08/2010
For me, the Legend of Spyro was rubbish. We never saw any classic characters except Spyro, Sparx and Hunter. Look, we should have seen so much more. Also there is the Music. Listen to the Classic music and the new music. Fail.
And, as Crash Bandicoot goes, it was sucessful. It was not rebooted and had brave new gameplay elements. It was fun and adventurous, and kept its classic Charm. The new Spyros do not keep their original charm that hooked us all in, it got rid of the charm and "matured" the series.
---
#213 Posted: 16:38:27 19/08/2010
What I mean is, Compare this Gameplay.

Spyro the Dragon Gameplay
Very nice gameplay. We have the charging effects, the world is bright and colourful, and you don't run out of breathe. Now look at DotD

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Fail.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:13 19/08/2010 by Malefor0001
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me