Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Old Seris V.S TLOS Which one is truly the best?
Page 1 of 1
Old Seris V.S TLOS Which one is truly the best? [CLOSED]
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#1 Posted: 18:47:39 09/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Since there seems to be a lot of debate on which seris is better, i've decided to finnaly compare which one does better in which category.

Gameplay

TLOS Pro- abilty to fly with almost no limits. The puzzles are simply yet fun to play. It is more challenging to fight enemies. the platforming and bosses are fun when not fustrating.
TLOS Con- Some levels are so stuffed with these puzzles and crowds of enemies it seems endless, and the fun zaps out quick. Checkpoints are ridculously far apart. Checkpoints in battles screw over players top notch.

ORIGINAL Pro- Vast levels to explore and secrets to unlock After game is complete there's always something to go back to. Much more to play. Checkpoints fair
ORIGINAL Con- it only takes one hit to defeat an enemy, way to easy this way. These levels are so fast it's easy to get lost and fustrated. (at least there's a map)
Bottomline: The fun streches on a lot farther for Original
WINNER: Original Seris

StoryLine
TLOS Pro- the story takes on a darker tone, and is much more beliveable than the originals. The villan's intention is also diffrent from the typical "I'll take over the World!"

TLOS Con- the story is sloppy and has many holes. There's no chracter development and everyone seems to have a heroic personailty, aside from Sparx, Cyril, and Volteer. Cynder's personailty constantly changes.

ORIGINAL Pro- The story is air-tight and well-thought out. Chracter development and moral is present.

ORIGINAL Con- it is the same old thing. It's the same old lame plan thought out by a stupid villan intending to take over the world and Spyro stops him every time.

Bottomline: An old, lame story with moral and planning to it is better than a new story with more plotholes than a mine feild.

WINNER: Original Seris

Concepts: (Game and story features)
TLOS Pro: abilty to fly with almost no limits. Romance in a paring that is very popular.(SpyroxCynder) Suprising betrayal (Cynder) Complex villan (Cynder)

TLOS Con: A lot more glitches and plotholes.

Original Pro: a lot more bonus rounds and gameplay. Shocking betrayal, (but forseen) (Bianca)

Original Con: The glitches are more devastating when encountered.

Bottomline: Original has more to offer in gameplay, and TLOS has more to offer in story

TIE!

Comic Relif
TLOS Pro: Jokes are well-placed and funny. Jokes are funny for all ages.

TLOS Con: none

Original Pro: none

Original Con: there's too much of it. it's called comic relif for a reason. Almost none of it is funny.

Bottomline: Lame, old kid jokes always fail.

WINNER: TLOS

Conclusion: it doesn't take a professinal to study the two seris and conclude that the original had a lot more effort thrown into it. TLOS has some new things to offer, but add this to the stack, and the two lines aren't even close.

CHAMPION: ORIGINAL SERIS

Disclaimer: these results are based on my findings and opinions. not all of these recordings are based on influced opinions of others. Please disagree respectfully.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#2 Posted: 18:57:10 09/08/2010
i play both seris
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 18:58:24 09/08/2010
Both Spyro series FTW. No silly debates nor rivalries.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:01 09/08/2010 by Aura24
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#4 Posted: 19:00:03 09/08/2010
Quote: Aura24

Agreed.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#5 Posted: 19:50:25 09/08/2010
Quote: Cynderfyre
Quote: Aura24

Agreed.

Agreed as well.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#6 Posted: 21:19:57 09/08/2010
agreed some more smilie. you can't compare two completely different concepts of spyro.
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 21:23:37 09/08/2010
Others will possibly think otherwise...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#8 Posted: 21:29:35 09/08/2010
yeah but i don't really mind. Whoever does is wasting their own time. It's activision that are calling the shots, not us regarding what spyro will be like. So i ain't gona preach either. I just want a new spyro game to play to be honest smilie
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 23:10:12 09/08/2010
Please... No, don't start this... Close this topic whilst you can...
GrandSpyro18 Blue Sparx Gems: 896
#10 Posted: 23:18:45 09/08/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

i agree close it quick smilie
---
Ugh
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#11 Posted: 23:42:09 09/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809

fine. Nobody really seems to care anyway.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me