Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Changing TLoS [CLOSED]
AvaXRaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1704
#151 Posted: 21:47:00 03/08/2010
continue it!
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#152 Posted: 19:42:32 06/08/2010
Quote: AvaXRaven
continue it!

Naah, that's never gonna happen(thank freakin' god), LoS is a TRIlogy, how could they do a fourth game for a trilogy? No, wait...
Looks like this is "Crashfan25 makes lame jokes"-day.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#153 Posted: 19:45:22 06/08/2010
But that doesn't mean they won't continue from there. Even if the trilogy is over, the next game will possibly continue in the LoS universe, set as a different complete storyline. The trilogy was a starting point, similar to Insomniac's worlds from Spyro 1-3.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#154 Posted: 20:15:19 06/08/2010
Quote: Aura24
the next game will possibly continue in the LoS universe, set as a different complete storyline.

[User Posted Image]
Please god tell me you're joking. Please, I'm begging you on my knees.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:16:34 06/08/2010 by Crashfan25
#155 Posted: 20:18:47 06/08/2010
It's possible. But we don't know for sure. Activision, the current publisher of Spyro, is being secretive. We don't know whether they'll allow the producers to continue what they were originally working, since they cancelled the movie for a 'different direction'.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#156 Posted: 20:18:48 06/08/2010
I hate tLoS. It is nowhere near as good as the first 3. I have difficulties choosing between DotD and EtD.
I mean, Spyro has a Lame voice, none of the classic characters except Spyro, Sparx and Hunter are in it... I mean, what happened to Gnasty Gnorc? The first game was epic and awesome and would destroy tLoS in seconds.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#157 Posted: 20:37:20 06/08/2010
In your opinion that is, right?
---
#158 Posted: 20:40:04 06/08/2010
Of course, I don't want to insult other people and their opinions! I am respectable to all opinions
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#159 Posted: 20:41:27 06/08/2010
Okay, okay.
---
#160 Posted: 20:42:26 06/08/2010
What do you think about tLoS?
---
#161 Posted: 20:45:32 06/08/2010
I like it, maybe because it's different from the light-hearted atmosphere of the Old Spyro, good storyline and interesting characters and the world, and it's something older kids who played Spyro when they were young would like.
---
#162 Posted: 20:47:56 06/08/2010
I do like it in some aspects. I like the idea of the Purple Dragon, and I like Malefor.
---
#163 Posted: 20:49:20 06/08/2010
The purple dragon began since Shadow Legacy, with some of the characters saying that Spyro, being a purple dragon, are strong and powerful since he wasn't affected by the Shadow Realm.
---
#164 Posted: 20:52:53 06/08/2010
Oh... I didn't know that.
But those games are Sierra right?
---
#165 Posted: 20:55:55 06/08/2010
Yeah, the producers of the LoS trilogy did Shadow Legacy too.
---
#166 Posted: 20:57:41 06/08/2010
So I guess they wanted to include some of their original Ideas...
---
#167 Posted: 21:01:30 06/08/2010
I suppose.
---
#168 Posted: 21:02:19 06/08/2010
Also I like the Teenage Spyro in DotD and the Graphics...
---
#169 Posted: 21:03:48 06/08/2010
Estranges Libellules was good, I wonder if they were chosen to do the next game.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#170 Posted: 21:07:49 06/08/2010
I like it, maybe because it's different from the light-hearted atmosphere of the Old Spyro, good storyline and interesting characters and the world, and it's something older kids who played Spyro when they were young would like.

Actually, a good example of a series 'growing up' with the gen it was intended for is Toy Story 3 - Keeping the same light hearted fun that everyone knew and loved it for, but adding a few very mature and grown up subjects in the mix. TLOS was more just made for angsty teens, really.

Of course, that is all just my opinion.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#171 Posted: 04:36:47 07/08/2010
Quote: Spyroo

Actually, a good example of a series 'growing up' with the gen it was intended for is Toy Story 3 - Keeping the same light hearted fun that everyone knew and loved it for, but adding a few very mature and grown up subjects in the mix. TLOS was more just made for angsty teens, really.

Here's my opinion:

Insomniac Trilogy: The Harry Potter of Spyro series.
TLOS: The Twilight of Spyro series.
#172 Posted: 16:27:32 07/08/2010
Quote: Crashfan25

Here's my opinion:

Insomniac Trilogy: The Harry Potter of Spyro series.
TLOS: The Twilight of Spyro series.

Yes, in my opinion, tLoS was nearly as bad as Twilight. I have trouble choosing between tLoS or EtD [shudder]
---
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#173 Posted: 16:30:53 07/08/2010
No, no Harry Potter, cause it's not as good as Lord of the Rings! Spyro Original Trilogy is LotR of Spyro games!
#174 Posted: 17:10:10 07/08/2010
In your opinion.
---
#175 Posted: 17:34:24 07/08/2010
Ok, in my opinion. And in my opinion only DotD is as bad as Tw... twilight. ANB and TEN are good games, as alternative Spyro games. As prequel or sequel to StD trilogy, they suck.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#176 Posted: 19:25:40 07/08/2010
ANB and TEN were only good until I finished LOS. I only played because I wanted to see the end and now that I have why bother replaying? The replay value was lacking in the start given the linear and gloomy world, but I still played out of boredom and axiety for a finish. As for DotD, I really can't stand it so I never even look at it these days.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
AvaXRaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1704
#177 Posted: 11:00:04 09/08/2010
continue it and get rid of Ignitus´s stupid smile in DOTD
#178 Posted: 11:56:15 09/08/2010
All of Guardians have stupid smiles in DotD. This is one of the most annoying glitches/bugs in DotD.

Spyro: Ingitus, watch out!
Ignitus (smiling): Don't worry, it is only a Golem!
Golem stomps on Ignitus. Red Dragon lies on ground.
Spyro: Ignitus, r u all right?
Ignitus (smiling): I am dying. It's a beautiful day to die, isn't it? Hahahahaaaaa... Ghrhrggghyyy...
Ignitus dies with smile on his face.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#179 Posted: 12:01:58 09/08/2010
Quote: Paplok
All of Guardians have stupid smiles in DotD. This is one of the most annoying glitches/bugs in DotD.

Spyro: Ingitus, watch out!
Ignitus (smiling): Don't worry, it is only a Golem!
Golem stomps on Ignitus. Red Dragon lies on ground.
Spyro: Ignitus, r u all right?
Ignitus (smiling): I am dying. It's a beautiful day to die, isn't it? Hahahahaaaaa... Ghrhrggghyyy...
Ignitus dies with smile on his face.

hmmm actually I don't think its a glitch or a bug.
It's just how the Guardians were designed for DoTD.
And yes it does look very stupid =/
Especially at the oooh-DrAAmatic moments ...
#180 Posted: 12:29:50 09/08/2010
Oh my God, Destroyer is still alive! (smile)
World is about to end! (smile)
I have no balls! (smile)
#181 Posted: 13:06:21 09/08/2010
Quote: AvaXRaven
continue it

[User Posted Image]
_____
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#182 Posted: 13:43:13 09/08/2010

No.

I hate TLOS, not because it's not light-hearted, but because the game play is ****. Most older kids would like a game with more to do than go one way and mash o.

Although we are talking about today's generation... smilie

Edit: Most kids that remember Spyro remember it as a scavenger hunting game, not a linear beat em up that was only produced for a story they can't relate to from a nostalgic persoective. (Not that I personally care about nostalgia) The entire point of making a series grow up with its original fanbase is to remind them of something they loved. LoS is as alien from those original elements of the older games as Seth Green's stop motion cartoons are to anything moral and virtuous.
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:49:27 09/08/2010 by Feather Dragon
#183 Posted: 16:27:09 09/08/2010
^So so SOO true!
---
#184 Posted: 16:39:44 09/08/2010
Both old and new Spyro are in the same game franchise isn't it? The recent games are still called Spyro, and he's still a dragon. A purple one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:41:34 09/08/2010 by Aura24
#185 Posted: 16:42:26 09/08/2010
WRONG.

Seriously, rename Spyro, Sparx and Hunter, and there you go: An all-new series. Which it should've been in the first place instead of disgracing the name of Spyro.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#186 Posted: 16:43:25 09/08/2010
WRONG.

Seriously, rename Spyro, Sparx and Hunter, and there you go: An all-new series. Which it should've been in the first place instead of disgracing the name of Spyro.

agreed 100%
#187 Posted: 16:44:23 09/08/2010
WRONG.

In your opinion. The reboot already happened, and if the next Spyro game is set in the LoS universe, most of us had saw it coming.
---
#188 Posted: 16:46:39 09/08/2010
WRONG.

In your opinion. The reboot already happened, and if the next Spyro game is set in the LoS universe, most of us had saw it coming.

And you back up this opinion with..?

DotD was said to be "culmination of the trilogy", which I understood as the end of TLoS, and hopefully the return to the story that wasn't finished in Shadow Legacy.
#189 Posted: 16:50:11 09/08/2010
So? They confirmed that they only scratched the surface with the trilogy, meaning they'll probably be making more Spyro games set in the LoS universe and not named 'The Legend of Spyro'. It could possibly move away from the serious and "dark" atmosphere you dislike so much. You think that after a reboot they would just go right back to the old Spyro that was dying? I doubt it.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:17:52 09/08/2010 by Aura24
#190 Posted: 20:08:30 09/08/2010
So? They confirmed that they only scratched the surface with the trilogy, meaning they'll probably be making more Spyro games set in the LoS universe and not named 'The Legend of Spyro'. It could possibly move away from the serious and "dark" atmosphere you dislike so much. You think that after a reboot they would just go right back to the old Spyro that was dying? I doubt it.

TLOS died. Old Spyro never died though. Sales were still good, but TLOS went down with sales, and, when you check sales for the games, they sold poorly after ANB (which was probably people, including myself, being unaware that right at the last moment they told us it was a reboot and not a prequel).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#191 Posted: 20:57:36 09/08/2010
Does sales matter? It depends on the audience.
---
#192 Posted: 21:06:18 09/08/2010

Activision = MONEYMONEYMONEY smilie
And yeah, with most companies, sales matter. Very much.
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#193 Posted: 21:29:56 09/08/2010

If I'm not mistaken, that whole, scratching the surface with the trilogy was during when TEN and DOTD were being develop, not after. smilie

Nonetheless, if they continue to go with the LOS universe, then I'm afraid they will be continuing to defile the true essence of what Spyro truly is: A Platformer. This. . . ludicrous nonsense of turning Spyro into a God of War rip-off is simply not called for smilie . That right there shows that developers are simply trying to take a beloved franchise name to make a quick buck. As some other users have said, I rather see Spyro die, then him tun into something that he is not smilie .

I take LOS as I see it, not for what it could have been if there was more time on spent on it; if they did this instead of that, I take for what they gave me: A lackluster "epic" adventure, with a fan-fiction like storyline, a monotonous and uncreative gameplay features and mechanics, and a very-very-very underwhelming main character ( smilie ). . . .

This is not the Spyro I know and grew up with. I'm not looking for nostalgia, I'm not looking for something that was just like it was in the old days, I'm looking for something, some Developer to take Spyro for what he is, and not corrupt him to be something better.

Mario, the reason why his games are so great, is because Nintendo doesn't change the fact that Mario is a Platformer, they add in new platforms, for the player to experience, more tricky traps, more insane camera angles. Every Mario player knows the story is the same, but they don't play for story, they play for gameplay. . . and it always delivers.

If they want to make something big out of Spyro, then they need to go back to Square one and learn, see and understand that this is what made Spyro good. . . now improve it, don't change it.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#194 Posted: 11:24:01 10/08/2010

Activision = MONEYMONEYMONEY smilie
And yeah, with most companies, sales matter. Very much.

The staff of Activision.
#195 Posted: 16:02:41 10/08/2010
@Aura24: Same name and similar designs or no, it's so different that you really can't say that LOS and Classic are the same even if they are in the same franchise. Also, about what you said about it being about audience not sales, do you really think any company will hold onto a franchise that sells poorly just because it has dedicated fans?

About the whole greed thing: perhaps Activision is greedy, I don't know, but you all need to realize that game making is not just an art form it is a business and in order for a business to not only thrive but survive the products MUST be making money. It's not a greedy way to look at it because if games don't sell and sell well then there is no funding going into that franchise and thus they have no funds with which to buy the tools and pay the staff needed to make the game in the first place. Thus they'll make the changes they see fit to get it to sell (god knows what they'll be). Some of us may not like it, but that's the way it goes.

@Zackieo: Good points: are you sure about the scratching the surface thing though?

I like nostalgia but hell I'll be happy as a clam with something like what Spyro should be: Happy, fun platformer.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:13:59 10/08/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#196 Posted: 20:54:32 10/08/2010
There's a high probability that I'm in the wrong with the whole [ scratching the surface ] bit . The best that I can recall is that I remember reading about it in a article or watching the DOTD cast trailer. . . one of the two.

As I've said before, my memory is not as good as I want it to be smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
immortal doom Red Sparx Gems: 14
#197 Posted: 17:39:48 17/08/2010
I think "Krome Cynder" is refering to Cynder from TEN.
---
In time, all things will solve themselves.
Just don't expect them to do all of the work.
#198 Posted: 17:52:57 17/08/2010
In my opinion, this was my reaction to the Reboot. [I got this from a post on another site I did...]

Quote:
The Legend of Spyro
Will Seirra never stop ruining things? What did Spyro do to deserve this? Seirra, go back to the originals please. But I have many reasons as to why we should go back to the Original Seres.
Firstly, the first series is what made Spyro famous. He did not get famous via being a special Purple Dragon and some war between a evil Dragon. His original adventures were fun, comedic and didn't suck.
Then look at the new Characters. Sparx is slightly weird, and then look at Hunter. What have they done to him? The original design is something we know and love - why kill the original apperance and make him look real?
Then we have the Gems. Since when did Spyro have a meter on how much breath he could use? It was not fun, and battles were less fun. And Spirit Gems... What? What about when you are fully upgraded? Is Seirra stupid? And when did Gems fuel your health? Butterflies are meant to be the source of life.
Then look at Charging. the new Charging sucks, the old one was legend.
---
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#199 Posted: 19:40:21 18/08/2010
no offence but who ever quoted that needs to realise he's wrong.why? Well, let me ask you this, were enter the dragonfly and a hero's tale as good as the original three....no, not close. Did they try and want to make it as good.... yes of course. ergo they stopped the originals. If they continued with the originals instead of doing a rebot you would be bashing your head against a wall saying that spyro is now dead forever. that's the way i see it anyway. And i loved the originals, i played them till my playstation stopped working (literally)lol. so I'm not taking sides. I'm just saying, spyro would be in a terrible state if the originals continued. If insomatic still done it obviously I'd be saying different, but what's the chances of that happening now?
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
#200 Posted: 20:13:12 18/08/2010
Quote: Rock_Mosher
no offence but who ever quoted that needs to realise he's wrong.why? Well, let me ask you this, were enter the dragonfly and a hero's tale as good as the original three....no, not close. Did they try and want to make it as good.... yes of course. ergo they stopped the originals. If they continued with the originals instead of doing a rebot you would be bashing your head against a wall saying that spyro is now dead forever. that's the way i see it anyway. And i loved the originals, i played them till my playstation stopped working (literally)lol. so I'm not taking sides. I'm just saying, spyro would be in a terrible state if the originals continued. If insomatic still done it obviously I'd be saying different, but what's the chances of that happening now?

Some people will disagree - Personally, I can't see how much worse they could do compared to DOTD. I'd rather play ETD more than that.

And whilst fans were complaining, none of them asked for a reboot.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me