Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Next Spyro Game [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#101 Posted: 10:47:19 17/06/2010
Yeah, you have an awesome idea there SpyroLUVA!!!!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#102 Posted: 10:50:55 17/06/2010
Again, only if done right...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#103 Posted: 10:52:10 17/06/2010
Yes, that is correct. The last few games have been rushed...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#104 Posted: 11:40:00 17/06/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
Elora came first i can see elora in there all but since the spyros got blown up (thanks to malefore) they would have to go to a new one

His death mood was filled with shock and outrage.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#105 Posted: 15:09:39 17/06/2010
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, they only mentioned the first Spyro game as one of the many titles Insomniac Games' next title is going to be on the Xbox 360.

i dont follow ya but... i really don't like bacon right now
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#106 Posted: 15:56:26 17/06/2010
I meant that Insomniac Games is making a game for the Xbox 360, and mentioned the first Spyro game, Spyro the Dragon, as one of its many successful titles.

Quote: GamingMaster_76
Yeah, they only mentioned the first Spyro game as one of the many titles Insomniac Games' next title is going to be on the Xbox 360.

Did they give away any Spyro demos/mechandise?

Anyway, sweet... another X Box Spyro.

No, they didn't.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:57:41 17/06/2010 by Aura24
#107 Posted: 15:58:05 17/06/2010
hmmm well i've got ta to yayou did good
---
#108 Posted: 16:19:07 17/06/2010
Quote: Bolt
Well, I don't think it will be set in the Legend of Spyro universe because in the instruction manual of DotD it says the Legend Concludes, therefore they won't do it in the tLoS universe.

They may take it back to the classic OR make up a whole new series of Spyro game. If they make a new type, I think it would have different dragons that are not seen in the other two series and probably no different elements (though I did enjoy it). But if they do I'm guessing Fire, Water/Ice, Wind and Earth. Hopefully a new character to play co-op with and at least ten female dragons.

Well, that's what I think...

They left an opening, Bolt. The trilogy was meant to recreate Spyro's world and characters to allow expansion and growth, making it open for more ideas after the trilogy. But Activision has been changing up a lot of things.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:19:55 17/06/2010 by Aura24
#109 Posted: 16:26:42 17/06/2010
Quote: Bolt
Well, I don't think it will be set in the Legend of Spyro universe because in the instruction manual of DotD it says the Legend Concludes, therefore they won't do it in the tLoS universe.

They may take it back to the classic OR make up a whole new series of Spyro game. If they make a new type, I think it would have different dragons that are not seen in the other two series and probably no different elements (though I did enjoy it). But if they do I'm guessing Fire, Water/Ice, Wind and Earth. Hopefully a new character to play co-op with and at least ten female dragons.

Well, that's what I think...

They left an opening, Bolt. The trilogy was meant to recreate Spyro's world and characters to allow expansion and growth, making it open for more ideas after the trilogy. But Activision has been changing up a lot of things.

everyone here well almost everyone would like a new spyro game they should do that for the devistasted fans!!! right???!!!! smilie lives on forever!!!!
---
#110 Posted: 16:31:01 17/06/2010
Activision is just being too secretive and almost selfish, for not letting the producers of Spyro tell us brief, I mean just brief, small, information about the next Spyro game. You know, so they can show that they're really working on the game instead of hiding it in the shadows and only let the rest of their games like Call of Duty be shown in public.
---
#111 Posted: 16:38:57 17/06/2010
so there is a new game
---
#112 Posted: 16:47:07 17/06/2010
It's been confirmed that there is, since 2008. Activision is just being selfish and doesn't want to reveal anything to us yet.
---
#113 Posted: 16:50:33 17/06/2010
selfih selfish activioisn hmmmm STILL LIVE ON smilie
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#114 Posted: 16:52:25 17/06/2010
yeah call of duty is what they care about and band hero. Well what can you do unfortunatly. If they have co op please make it online, sheesh everygame has online now, get with the times. whether its solving puzzles or doing mini games or hello online battle co op thats something I would like to see in spyro. Again what they did in spyro's lair, make your own dragon and fight others that make their own dragon. You could use the gems you used thru the game to buy armor that would reduce attacks that are against your element. just a thought and thats something that give the gems meaning other than health and something to do while you beat the game.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#115 Posted: 16:58:51 17/06/2010
Quote: S240sx24
yeah call of duty is what they care about and band hero. Well what can you do unfortunatly. If they have co op please make it online, sheesh everygame has online now, get with the times. whether its solving puzzles or doing mini games or hello online battle co op thats something I would like to see in spyro. Again what they did in spyro's lair, make your own dragon and fight others that make their own dragon. You could use the gems you used thru the game to buy armor that would reduce attacks that are against your element. just a thought and thats something that give the gems meaning other than health and something to do while you beat the game.

ACIVIOSN is being very selfish indeed
---
sparxman123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#116 Posted: 16:44:49 07/07/2010
Well I stayed to watch all the E3 gaming news today, and well nothing. All I know is that spyro's rivals Sonic, and rayman have new games coming out, but nothing on spyro or crash at the moment. So maybe tomorrow we migh hear something or my friend will tell me if he got to activisions booth and asked.

i thought mario's rival was sonic ?_?

Never mind that i'm craving new spyro games actavistion no more selfishness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my eyes must see new pixils thumbes need more buttun mashing and my brain needs more mushing!!!! smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:19:59 08/07/2010 by sparxman123
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#117 Posted: 18:50:00 07/07/2010
It's been confirmed that there is, since 2008. Activision is just being selfish and doesn't want to reveal anything to us yet.

Well, if they still have nothing, they probably shouldn't tell us. I mean, think about how tough of a position the writers are in right now? This series is kind of at a dead end. They just need to find a way to open it up again, and that's a pretty hard goal, knowing how critical us darkSpyro members are.smilie
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#118 Posted: 14:51:40 11/07/2010
rember vindi universal when they took over for that short period of time? they knew how to make a good spyro game
---
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#119 Posted: 02:07:48 27/07/2010
Does anyone think the company made the original three games available on PS3 and PSP so that they could get an idea of how popular the original series still is? Maybe they're basing their decision on the next game off of whether or not the original Spyro is still a big hit.

Personally, I hope they do bring back the original version of Spyro but maybe with a couple of improvements, another LOS game could be good too. You never know.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:47 29/07/2010 by RubyWings91
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#120 Posted: 06:41:17 27/07/2010
Quote: bacon
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Quote: Tibs

Except Spyro. I am sure it is safe to assume a Spyro game will have Spyro in it. :) *shot*

BTW what does it mean when people say *shot* ? I assume it is a admission that your post is controversial or stupid.

Don't forget Sparx. No Spyro game will be the same without him.

Oi! Read the comment after it! Comment stealer.

WTF are you on about? -_- I'm not a comment stealer. I was just simply stating something.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:49:22 08/08/2010 by DarkCynder_543
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#121 Posted: 02:50:34 28/07/2010
Did I just read that Rayman is going to have more games?
UNBELIEVABLE.

This Spyro game of yours better be good, Activision. smilie
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:51:17 28/07/2010 by Superspyrodude
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#122 Posted: 13:17:14 28/07/2010
Quote: RubyWings91
Does anyone think the company made the original three games available on PS3 and PSP so that they could get an idea of how popular the original series still is. Maybe they're basing their decision on the next game off of whether or not the original Spyro is still a big hit.

Personally, I hope they do bring back the original version of Spyro but maybe with a couple of improvements, another LOS game could be good too. You never know.

Truth.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#123 Posted: 09:40:07 30/07/2010
Seirra is evil and unpredictable. They messed around with Spyro. Sure I like LoS but I prefer originals. Anyway, I want them to reverse and continue the original series.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#124 Posted: 18:15:27 30/07/2010
Why reboot it in the first place is what I'd like to know. It could have used some changes sure, but for the most part Spyro was fine. They REALLY didn't need to abandon what Spyro was and replace him.
---
#125 Posted: 18:21:09 30/07/2010
Yes. I was annoyed with the reebot. Sierra's plan was this.
1) Make a bad game to start.
2) Make a game that will bring excitment around that the games are good again.
3) Reebot the series to annoy the fans.
Honestly, I miss the originals. Given a choice between EtD and TEN I would take EtD
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#126 Posted: 19:05:26 30/07/2010
Yeah, that was a really good game in terms of maintaining Spyroness. If only they had done a better job, AHT wouldn't exist (It's good but a precursor to LOS) and thus LOS wouldn't exist.
---
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#127 Posted: 20:37:56 30/07/2010
I agree that they could have done without the reboot. If they would have just looked back at the first three Spyro games to see what made them so popular, they could have incorporated it into the the next games they made. This would result in much needed awsome games for Spyro fans. Instead, they started up something totally different, cutting off many old fans to bring in the new.

Perhapse they'll try to do something along those lines with the game that is in progress now. At the very least, they seem to be taking time desighning it, so we should be getting something descent. Surely, they wouldn't hide all the information about the game for so long, build up the suspense and then have a big let down. It would basicly kill what popularity Spyro has left. This would not only be devestating to fans but to buisness as well. That leads me to beleive that, what ever is happening with the next game, it's probably going to be big.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:53 30/07/2010 by RubyWings91
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#128 Posted: 23:27:43 01/08/2010
Well dawn of the dragon was the last Legend game and activision did say they wanted to take spyro into another direction so...

*Going back to the classicssmilie
*Rebootingsmilie
*a spinoff game.smilie
#129 Posted: 15:10:01 02/08/2010
They should continue where SL left off. There was mention of the sorcerer returning and trapping everyone forever. Sounds like a tantilizing cliffhanger to me!
---
#130 Posted: 03:56:24 06/08/2010
There could be the idea of returning to the classic series or a reboot again.
#131 Posted: 19:46:37 07/08/2010
Who knows?
---
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#132 Posted: 19:56:43 07/08/2010
I would gladly play Spyro the Dragon on PS2, with upgraded graphics etc, like God of War collection on PS3. But ONLY grahpics, no new designs of hero's, gnorcs, rhinocs and other things.
#133 Posted: 19:57:05 07/08/2010
But what if they don't return to the Old Spyro?
---
#134 Posted: 19:57:33 07/08/2010
That'd be cool, but not a substitute for the real Spyro's return.
---
#135 Posted: 20:00:18 07/08/2010
If they don't return to old Spyro, they will keep ruining this series. New Moneybags? Why not? More fly restrictions? Yeah. Cutting Spyro's and Cynder's wings, so there will be no flying at all? YAY!!! LET'S **** UP NEXT SPYRO GAME, SPYRO'S FANS WILL HATE US!!!!! YEEESSS!!! RUIN other's dreams!!!
#136 Posted: 20:09:21 07/08/2010
...Uh, okay. You're overreacting. You don't know what they might do, they might add new features that will amaze us. And if the next game is set in the LoS universe, and if you enrages you so much, might as well deal with it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:34 07/08/2010 by Aura24
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#137 Posted: 20:13:42 07/08/2010
i just wanna say something. They tried to continue original spyro with a hero's tale and enter the dragonfly and how did that turn out? there was never any continuous story with the originals.
At first this wasn't a problem all the same, but in the long term it caused a problem. they were just coming up with new stories in each one and they used up most of the plot ideas that were amazing and worked. which is why a hero's tale and enter the dragonfly didn't do as well. Best ideas were used up and they had no where to go to.
So all of that said that's why i think it will be in the legend of spyro setting, there's so much that could be done with it which if you look on fanfiction that really shows.
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#138 Posted: 20:56:31 07/08/2010
Quote: Rock_Mosher
i just wanna say something. They tried to continue original spyro with a hero's tale and enter the dragonfly and how did that turn out? there was never any continuous story with the originals.
At first this wasn't a problem all the same, but in the long term it caused a problem. they were just coming up with new stories in each one and they used up most of the plot ideas that were amazing and worked. which is why a hero's tale and enter the dragonfly didn't do as well. Best ideas were used up and they had no where to go to.
So all of that said that's why i think it will be in the legend of spyro setting, there's so much that could be done with it which if you look on fanfiction that really shows.

Actually, ETD was never truly finished. It could have been amazing if it had been.
And AHT was still quite fun overall, and the storyline was fine to me.

TLOS was full of plotholes, and like it has been said - Spyro defeated the ultimate evil. You can only go 'back' in terms of powerful villains now, making it the same level as the originals where villains are concerned.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#139 Posted: 06:54:58 08/08/2010
You know I find it funny how many people say ETD would have been great if given more time. Well dotd was rushed now what's the diff between the two I ain't talking about the series I'm talking about the difference about the two games. So what's the difference they both were rushed so why stop with the los series when again they could do better if given time to do so or expand on the series abit. Heck i'd be happy if they reused the same gaming engine and just added a lot more levels and free roam with more puzzles in the next game.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#140 Posted: 08:34:34 08/08/2010
You know I find it funny how many people say ETD would have been great if given more time. Well dotd was rushed now what's the diff between the two I ain't talking about the series I'm talking about the difference about the two games. So what's the difference they both were rushed so why stop with the los series when again they could do better if given time to do so or expand on the series abit. Heck i'd be happy if they reused the same gaming engine and just added a lot more levels and free roam with more puzzles in the next game.

ETD was never finished properly. DOTD was finished properly. They were both rushed, yes, but only one was truly finished. ETD had many things left out, such as levels and dragonflies.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#141 Posted: 08:55:31 08/08/2010
^ I think they were going to have 125 dragonflies... And MUCH more levels.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#142 Posted: 11:59:07 08/08/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ I think they were going to have 125 dragonflies... And MUCH more levels.

Yes,they mentioned that the game was supposed to have over 30 levels with all kinds of stuff.

ah here's the link:
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecu...0061&mode=press

gosh if it only was that good smilie
#143 Posted: 17:15:02 08/08/2010
Well guy's seirra did try to make the legend of spyro part of the classic series.it was going to be a prequel to the first spyro.
#144 Posted: 17:23:23 08/08/2010
yea....
---
#145 Posted: 17:33:28 08/08/2010
AHT would be very cool for me, but there are 2 problems:
1. Ember (she could be nice, but without this "MARRIAGE ME SPYRO!!! I LUV YOU!!!"
2. Spyro's running, watched from profile. He looks stupid, like only he's legs were moving. Watch YT vids of Red's boss fight. Spyro looks very stupid, when running.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#146 Posted: 18:31:31 08/08/2010
Quote: spyrocrash
Well guy's seirra did try to make the legend of spyro part of the classic series.it was going to be a prequel to the first spyro.

At first it was, yeah... Back when it was called Spyro: Legend...
#147 Posted: 18:41:08 08/08/2010
Quote: spyrocrash

I don't believe it was meant to be a prequel. LOS Spyro and Classic Spyro are nothing alike. In order for it to be a true prequel the character wuld have to be the way they are in the classics and Spyro definitely shouldn't have grown up if they really meant for it to tell of a story predating STD. Also, the universe should have been the same as STD as well. That is if they truely wanted a prequel, which I doubt they did. No, given all the changes they didn't try to do that at all.

@ S240sx24: I've always thought that DotD just didn't live up to LOS' potential. A remake of DotD could work if done right. Still, It's all like an interactive movie with the player only being there for plot advancement, and the main reason the games after ANB drew my attention is because I wanted to see the end. Now I do so I never even consider playing LOS anymore. Thus even with collectibles and such in TEN and DotD, replay value is severely lacking for all the games.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:41 08/08/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#148 Posted: 18:42:17 08/08/2010
If it were a Prequal that would have ruined Spyro.
---
#149 Posted: 18:47:19 08/08/2010
Not if it were a proper Spyro game, as in light and actually fun driven by puzzles collecting and exploring. Personally I would still like to know where classic Spyro came from and ho his parents (his REAL parents) are. Y'know, to call LOS a Spyro prequel is laughable not only for all the differences but because it didn't answer one fundamental question about who a character really is and where they come from: Who are the biological parents??
---
#150 Posted: 01:03:42 09/08/2010
Well i personally think it wasnt that bad. But then again it was, the fact both games were rushed was bad weather or not either was finished or not. Now the way DOTD ended angered me in the sense I dont know what happens to them other than they are alive. I think if the los series was done but this time in different levels and a longer game with the same graphics and lots of free roam like the classics it would be a great game but unfortuantly the guys who come up with ideas or activision might turn down the ideas comes into play of acutally realeasing a great game. the spyro team doesnt seem to have a great and encouraging company to back them up in what they want to do. I hope EA or someother company can buy them up. Again for me it doesnt make sense when activision bought crash and spyro to only have him sit in a shelf to collect dust, its like the people who buy a ferarri just to have it sit in the garage to under a car cover, thats stupid and waste of money, and even if you sell it you aint gonna get as much money as when you origianlly got it for, this is what I think of spyro. I think he can make a comeback but we have to wait and see what happenes soon.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me