Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Legend of Spyro and Classic Spyro ranting
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Legend of Spyro and Classic Spyro ranting [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#101 Posted: 17:27:35 23/05/2010
The LoS did have potential, and I know it was all ruined by Sierra's attempt to make DotD epic by switching the art style at the last minute and rushing the story. But I still enjoyed the whole story nonetheless, and I don't hold any grudges about it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:12:54 23/05/2010 by Aura24
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#102 Posted: 18:08:08 23/05/2010
I completely agree with what Aura said
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#103 Posted: 18:33:53 23/05/2010
Meh...The prophesized hero saves everyone from evil thing is a bit over done. I'm not saying it's not a good plot, but if it had been fleshed out with info about th characters, especially more depth into what happened to Cynder and Malefor's life, which had also been worked into the game rather than having been told to you, it would have come out much better.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#104 Posted: 02:46:57 24/05/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Then I must've been in a nearly non-existent minority as far as believing Cynder was purple DotD, because I did ( let's just drop this one). As for the noticing if she was changing colour, it might not have been THAT noticeable to them. Though we can also say that was just a design mess-up, as you've been saying. That's perfectly reasonable, too ( and I mean it). 'Ever tried searching?' What's that supposed to mean? Am I stupid or something?

I didn't mean to stomp all over your opinion. I apologize for the way I worded my sentences. I was just trying to say that she wouldn't necessarily been spared of being a Mary Sue. And what I said about the sexism thing most likely would've happened, because there are plenty of whiny people to have made a controversy happen ( not directing this at anyone). Also, what's with the 'Let's kill -insert character here-' and '-insert character here would probably die-' stuff? That just seems...weird, to me.

You looked serious to me... I apologize for taking it the wrong way.

Well then, that's fine...

I was mostly making fun of the really whiny people who complain about sexism. Not you, specifically. And it was meant to be over the top. I apologize if any offense was done.

....Rot in a sack...?

I agree. I just think it was a colour mess up. But you have your opinion too. ;3

That's okay. I forgive people easily. And as for the sexism thing, I don't really see that happening. And as for the killing thing, I just feel that Cynder would of died if she stayed evil. All the bosses TLOS Spyro fought seem to always die. So far, not one boss has lived. Although, I'm not quite sure about Skabb. He fell into the water, but he could of survived somehow....

That's okay. I suck at telling jokes like that on the internet. I'm always too serious when I write them, so people always take it seriously.

Okay then. xD

Nah, that's okay.

Meh. I just came up with that on the spot. I know, it's stupid. xD

Yep. Let's just leave it at that.

Thanks. And you may be right, but I'm still sure those whiny people would have made a big fuss about it. And it is possible that Cynder would've died, but I kinda doubt it, given she was controlled, and with Spyro's personality, I can't see him killing someone who has no control over what they're doing. But let's just 'have our opinions and leave it at that'.

That's why I made my 'MegaMan StarForce is sexist' 'joke' over the top. smilie To show blatantly I wasn't being serious. I feel your pain, though. People have taken some of my sarcasm seriously. It happens. I guess the reason I took what you said seriously was because you were serious about everything else. My bad. smilie

smilie

Looking back at the 'joke', I think I may have been high or something when I wrote that... smilie

Oh, I see... It's just that it seemed a little...weird, and kinda violent. smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#105 Posted: 08:07:14 24/05/2010
Then I must've been in a nearly non-existent minority as far as believing Cynder was purple DotD, because I did ( let's just drop this one). As for the noticing if she was changing colour, it might not have been THAT noticeable to them. Though we can also say that was just a design mess-up, as you've been saying. That's perfectly reasonable, too ( and I mean it). 'Ever tried searching?' What's that supposed to mean? Am I stupid or something?

I didn't mean to stomp all over your opinion. I apologize for the way I worded my sentences. I was just trying to say that she wouldn't necessarily been spared of being a Mary Sue. And what I said about the sexism thing most likely would've happened, because there are plenty of whiny people to have made a controversy happen ( not directing this at anyone). Also, what's with the 'Let's kill -insert character here-' and '-insert character here would probably die-' stuff? That just seems...weird, to me.

You looked serious to me... I apologize for taking it the wrong way.

Well then, that's fine...

I was mostly making fun of the really whiny people who complain about sexism. Not you, specifically. And it was meant to be over the top. I apologize if any offense was done.

....Rot in a sack...?

I agree. I just think it was a colour mess up. But you have your opinion too. ;3

That's okay. I forgive people easily. And as for the sexism thing, I don't really see that happening. And as for the killing thing, I just feel that Cynder would of died if she stayed evil. All the bosses TLOS Spyro fought seem to always die. So far, not one boss has lived. Although, I'm not quite sure about Skabb. He fell into the water, but he could of survived somehow....

That's okay. I suck at telling jokes like that on the internet. I'm always too serious when I write them, so people always take it seriously.

Okay then. xD

Nah, that's okay.

Thanks. And you may be right, but I'm still sure those whiny people would have made a big fuss about it. And it is possible that Cynder would've died, but I kinda doubt it, given she was controlled, and with Spyro's personality, I can't see him killing someone who has no control over what they're doing. But let's just 'have our opinions and leave it at that'.

That's why I made my 'MegaMan StarForce is sexist' 'joke' over the top. XD To show blatantly I wasn't being serious. I feel your pain, though. People have taken some of my sarcasm seriously. It happens. I guess the reason I took what you said seriously was because you were serious about everything else. My bad. XD

:P

Looking back at the 'joke', I think I may have been high or something when I wrote that... O_O

Oh, I see... It's just that it seemed a little...weird, and kinda violent. O_O

No, what I mean is, Cynder being fully evil. Not controlled by Malefor or anything like that.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#106 Posted: 11:48:56 24/05/2010
this topic is of topic smilie
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#107 Posted: 12:20:13 24/05/2010
^ How is it off topic!? We're talking about TLOS and original Spyro.
---
#108 Posted: 12:25:27 24/05/2010
^ Um..... I can't understand that. D:

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
^TRUTH!

It's a real shame that LOS's potential had to be destroyed like that.

I'm glad that Activision decided to go to a different direction. I hope that means they're doing the originals. I have my figures crossed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:26:19 24/05/2010 by DarkCynder_543
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#109 Posted: 16:09:05 24/05/2010
Just ignore her, she's just here to ruin the discussion. :P
#110 Posted: 16:42:35 24/05/2010
People like cynder fan are another reason why old Spyro or a reboot is the way to go. It'll get rid of all the annoying rabbid fans, and hopefully the perves will leave too.
---
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#111 Posted: 17:54:14 24/05/2010
If you dont want to be in this discussion go away.

I grew up with the Originals <3 I remember my Uncle giving me my 1st ever Spyro Game, GTG/RR x333

DotD started the perves Dx All because of Cynder's body, thats a reason why i hated her in DotD. I loved DotD at first, but after seeing how much the Characters had changed and the fan-tard base, i started to lower my interest towards it. When i meant 'fan-tard' base, i only meant the perves, fan-tards e.t.c Not those who love/like DotD, i have full respect for others opinions. I still like DotD, but i hardly play it anymore, last time i played it was like 3 months ago. I hardly ever play any of the TloS trilogy now to be honest, its boring to me now, and as Me and spyroLUVA said before, its a truth the Originals never get boring :3 I wanna see that happy atmosphere and that spunky awesome lil' Spyro again! x333

But.....although i want the Originals to return, i doubt they are gonna be anything like the first few. But i could be wrong.
#112 Posted: 17:57:56 24/05/2010
If Activision did try and make a Spyro game with the old Spyro to be like the originals, it would probably be like AHT, and not have the same exact same happy-go-lucky atmosphere Insomniac put in the originals.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#113 Posted: 18:07:03 24/05/2010

Okay then. xD

Nah, that's okay.

That's why I made my 'MegaMan StarForce is sexist' 'joke' over the top. smilie To show blatantly I wasn't being serious. I feel your pain, though. People have taken some of my sarcasm seriously. It happens. I guess the reason I took what you said seriously was because you were serious about everything else. My bad. smilie

smilie

Looking back at the 'joke', I think I may have been high or something when I wrote that... smilie

Oh, I see... It's just that it seemed a little...weird, and kinda violent. smilie

No, what I mean is, Cynder being fully evil. Not controlled by Malefor or anything like that.

Oh, now I see.
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#114 Posted: 18:08:15 24/05/2010
Exactly, thats one down-side of them going back to the Originals. But otherwise, i guess it will be interesting to see what they do with Spyro, wether its staying with TloS, going back to the Originals or taking it in a completely new direction.

I did like the Dragon body structures and Character designs in TloS better though, along with the Thrill i had when 1st playing each game of the trilogy. I just wish they could have added a little more to TloS, like mabye making the story a little more breath-taking and more slow, so we would keep playing the game on and on to see what happens next, not to mention mabye adding more time for gameplay. I saw TloS as a mini-movie tbh.
#115 Posted: 18:12:48 24/05/2010
The merger is probably to blame for the rushing in the LoS story. With Activision trying to be a more bigger company. I mean, the merger was to take place in mid-2008, and the producers knew of this and wanted to end the story around that time so Activision wouldn't do anything stupid, like stopping DotD from being made so they put in their own ideas for a Spyro game.
---
#116 Posted: 18:21:51 24/05/2010
^ I agree.

I think change is good, so long as you don't eliminate what made Spyro Spyro in the first place. I likes AHT. It was fun and very much like the originals, but could have been better with proper voice actors, music more like the old, portals, and maybe more collectables, puzzles, and mini games.
---
#117 Posted: 18:48:27 24/05/2010
To all the 'Spyro is about Spyro, no one else' people...

Mario should only be about Mario, not Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, etc, right?

MegaMan should only be about MegaMan, not Zero and Tron Bonne, right?

Sonic should only be about Sonic, not Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, etc, right?

I guess the only reason all the Mario spin-offs are accepted is because Mario's name isn't in the title... Same with Sonic...oh wait, Sonic character spin-offs are just wrong to some people...

And as for MegaMan, what's with MegaMan Zero? It's clearly about Zero, not MegaMan, so why do they have MegaMan's name in the title? Sure, MegaMan X has an important role in the story, but still...why MegaMan Zero? Is Zero considered a 'MegaMan' or is the title just to make it clear that it takes place in the MegaMan series?

Tron Bonne, you're fine. MegaMan's name isn't in the title of your game.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this. smilie I worded it as politely as I could.
#118 Posted: 18:56:39 24/05/2010
In terms of the main focus, yes, Spyro SHOULD be about Spyro. If Spyro is in the title, it is a Spyro game, not a spinoff about someone else. However, I have no problem with Spyro being close to his friends, as long as it doesn't completely take over the story and one person (other than the main villain) proves to be his only reason for doing anything. As for Spyro being in love, I still think it should only be suggested, or he should stay single.
---
#119 Posted: 19:08:00 24/05/2010
So if, let's say, they did a Hunter spin-off, is that acceptable, as long as they don't have Spyro in the title?
#120 Posted: 19:50:11 24/05/2010
If it's a spinoff about hunter, then it only makes sense that the focus would be on Hunter, not Spyro or anyone else.
---
#121 Posted: 19:53:43 24/05/2010
Ah, that makes sense.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#122 Posted: 20:28:14 25/05/2010
Quote: xx chloebabez
If you dont want to be in this discussion go away.

I grew up with the Originals <3 I remember my Uncle giving me my 1st ever Spyro Game, GTG/RR x333

DotD started the perves Dx All because of Cynder's body, thats a reason why i hated her in DotD. I loved DotD at first, but after seeing how much the Characters had changed and the fan-tard base, i started to lower my interest towards it. When i meant 'fan-tard' base, i only meant the perves, fan-tards e.t.c Not those who love/like DotD, i have full respect for others opinions. I still like DotD, but i hardly play it anymore, last time i played it was like 3 months ago. I hardly ever play any of the TloS trilogy now to be honest, its boring to me now, and as Me and spyroLUVA said before, its a truth the Originals never get boring :3 I wanna see that happy atmosphere and that spunky awesome lil' Spyro again! x333

But.....although i want the Originals to return, i doubt they are gonna be anything like the first few. But i could be wrong.

Perves will be perves no matter what. They can make anything dirty, so I wouldn't blame the game.
#123 Posted: 05:23:17 12/06/2010
This topic needed to come back to the dead. I have yet to put in all the TLOS plot holes, because I have nothing better to do then act like a b!tch. >:[

1. How did Cynder put her jewelry back on in that crystal?!

2. How did Sparx, Spyro and Cynder grow up in that crystal?

3. The cheetahs call there village the "cheetah village", but they look more like Tigers, Leopards and Lynx to me (I suppose this isn't really a plothole).

4. The Chronicler, and Ignitus said that Spyro and Malefor are the only two purple dragons. But then Malefor said that there had been many purple dragons. WTF?

5. Malefor said that Cynder used Spyro to free him and all that. Cynder denies it. Was Malefor right, or was he lying? This has never been confirmed.

6. The crystal was strong enough to stop the rocks from falling on Spyro, Sparx and Cynder, but then it shattered into pieces when some troll smashes it with it's club. That doesn't make sense.

7. The mountain of Malefor was a mountain, that had fallen to pieces. How can it suddenly look like some dungeon?

8. The trolls released the dragons and dragonfly from the crystal, but they let them wake up before facing the Golem. Why didn't they just kill them while they were sleeping? All what they had to do was smash them with their clubs on the head or neck.

9. They walked through the belt of fire, which cost Ignitus's life. Why didn't they just just FLY over it? Cynder could of used her Wind breath to keep it back a little more. It looked small enough for them to fly over it. I don't see why they couldn't.

10. This one isn't a plothole, but I just wanted to point out something. Spyro showed some stupidity when they were at the belt of fire. Spyro said "Lets go back. There has to be another way." I'm sure they were at least half way through the belt of fire. What's the point off turning back? Not to mention they could have walked through it faster. If they did, then Ignitus could of made it. I'm sure he can at least power walk.

11. At the dragon city, a building fell in between Hunter and Spyro (and Cynder and Sparx). They had to go through the trouble off finding another way through. They could of just FLOWN OVER IT.

12. At the end, why didn't Cynder and Spyro fly back to the others? Instead they were flying around in the sky. How could Spyro forget about Sparx?

13. How did Spyro and Cynder save the world, and survive?

14. Ignitus came back and is now the knew chronicler. Is he really dead, or is he still alive?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:02:24 12/06/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#124 Posted: 05:41:59 12/06/2010
Oh goody...
---
#125 Posted: 06:03:17 12/06/2010
I am one awesome b!tch. :D
---
#126 Posted: 06:39:10 12/06/2010
This topic needed to come back to the dead. I have yet to put in all the TLOS plot holes, because I have nothing better to do then act like a b!tch. >:[

1. How did Cynder put her jewelry back on in that crystal?!

2. How did Sparx, Spyro and Cynder grow up in that crystal?

3. The cheetahs call there village the "cheetah village", but they look more like Tigers, Leopards and Lynx to me (I suppose this isn't really a plothole).

4. The Chronicler, and Ignitus said that Spyro and Malefor are the only two purple dragons. But then Malefor said that there had been many purple dragons. WTF?

5. Malefor said that Cynder used Spyro to free him and all that. Cynder denies it. Was Malefor right, or was he lying? This has never been confirmed.

6. The crystal was strong enough to stop the rocks from falling on Spyro, Sparx and Cynder, but then it shattered into pieces when some troll smashes it with it's club. That doesn't make sense.

7. The mountain of Malefor was a mountain, that had fallen to pieces. How can it suddenly look like some dungeon?

8. The trolls released the dragons and dragonfly from the crystal, but they let them wake up before facing the Golem. Why didn't they just kill them while they were sleeping? All what they had to do was smash them with their clubs on the head or neck.

9. They walked through the belt of fire, which cost Ignitus's life. Why didn't they just just FLY over it? Cynder could of used her Wind breath to keep it back a little more. It looked small enough for them to fly over it. I don't see why they couldn't.

10. This one isn't a plothole, but I just wanted to point out something. Spyro showed some stupidity when they were at the belt of fire. Spyro said "Lets go back. There has to be another way." I'm sure they were at least half way through the belt of fire. What's the point off turning back? Not to mention they could have walked through it faster. If they did, then Ignitus could of made it. I'm sure he can at least power walk.

11. At the dragon city, a building fell in between Hunter and Spyro (and Cynder and Sparx). They had to go through the trouble off finding another way through. They could of just FLOWN OVER IT.

12. At the end, why didn't Cynder and Spyro fly back to the others? Instead they were flying around in the sky. How could Spyro forget about Sparx?

13. How did Spyro and Cynder save the world, and survive?

14. Ignitus came back and is now the knew chronicler. Is he really dead, or is he still alive?

Ask some of the questions to the producers. It was their idea for making Spyro and Cynder look like teenagers for free-flight, creating a plothole in why didn't fly just over obstacles that blocked their way. I bet they already know about the plotholes by now.
---
AvaXRaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1704
#127 Posted: 22:01:46 03/08/2010
TLoS is the best
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#128 Posted: 20:28:10 06/08/2010
I didn't like TLos.
Why? The first one was my favorite. It had good music, memorable bosses and was magical. TLoS is just really making Spyro "Mature into a Darker Side". It's about the end of the World because of this war between Apes [I mean, Apes. Seriously?] and Dragons. I mean, if one child Dragon can take out half a hundred Apes then surely the Elders can take out that much! And we see no Classic Enemies, Hunter doesn't look like Hunter and Malefor was ruined in DotD. I miss Gnasty and Ripto because they were Lwegend. And the Gems in TLoS were rubbish. Spirit Gems are useless after you've upgraded everything, Health is annoying because you are meant to make Sparx eat Butterflies... I mean, did classic Spyro have a bar of how much Fire he could use? Spyro was meant to be childish and funny, tLoS made it all serious and apopolyptic.
For me, My rating is:
Classic: 10/10
A truley thrilling adventure with magical friends and lots of fun.
tLoS: 3/10
Just too serious and the villians are utter Rubbish... I mean, seriously, Apes? Monkeys? Then weird Goblins?

But that's just my opinion, sorry anybody who likes tLoS. I respect your opinions too. smilie
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#129 Posted: 21:10:34 06/08/2010
Quote: Malefor0001
I didn't like TLos.
Why? The first one was my favorite. It had good music, memorable bosses and was magical. TLoS is just really making Spyro "Mature into a Darker Side". It's about the end of the World because of this war between Apes [I mean, Apes. Seriously?] and Dragons. I mean, if one child Dragon can take out half a hundred Apes then surely the Elders can take out that much! And we see no Classic Enemies, Hunter doesn't look like Hunter and Malefor was ruined in DotD. I miss Gnasty and Ripto because they were Lwegend. And the Gems in TLoS were rubbish. Spirit Gems are useless after you've upgraded everything, Health is annoying because you are meant to make Sparx eat Butterflies... I mean, did classic Spyro have a bar of how much Fire he could use? Spyro was meant to be childish and funny, tLoS made it all serious and apopolyptic.
For me, My rating is:
Just too serious and the villians are utter Rubbish... I mean, seriously, Apes? Monkeys? Then weird Goblins?

But that's just my opinion, sorry anybody who likes tLoS. I respect your opinions too. smilie

That makes me wonder why Sparx never yelled out
'Get your hands off me, damn dirty ape!'

And Malefor should have been so much better, agreed.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#130 Posted: 16:00:44 07/08/2010
^Yeah, they ruined him by his voice and he just wasn't... evil enough.
And the Apes - I mean, what a pathetic Villian! Come on!
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#131 Posted: 19:41:04 07/08/2010
I didn't like TLos.
For me, My rating is:

I agree, as many could predict.

The thing that bugged me about Cynder in ANB is that there was all this hype about her being an evil horrific terrifying corrupt black dragoness serving under the Dark Master who led the apes and thwarted the bulk of th dragons' forces and stole the guardians! OoooO! Then you meet her after she stole Spyro's father figure and Spyro's trying to save him all by himself and then she approaches and all you do is spam attack her till she runs off. Then you follow her into convexity and repeat the whole thing over except you use a big fance finishing move this time. Speaking of convexity, why did the portal just pop open in front of them like that? Cynder must have opened it to get there in the first place so in theory she's the one who opened it again right? If so, why'd she do it? Why not leave the portal closed until Malefor is free so Spyro can't get in to stop her. As for the battle with Cynder, magic or no, couldn't the guardians help at least with thier melee ability? At least it would make more sense for spam attack to be so effective on someone who was supposed to be as evil as Cynder if there were three adults and a dragon of legend beating on her simultaneously.
---
#132 Posted: 11:54:29 12/08/2010

He took drugs. D:
Having to fight other dragons (evil dragons) would of been nice. :3
---
#133 Posted: 17:13:11 19/08/2010

He took drugs. D:
Having to fight other dragons (evil dragons) would of been nice. :3

Agreed. I wanted to fight Malefors followers.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me