Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
Both Old and New Fans [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#101 Posted: 18:21:11 30/07/2010 | Topic Creator
In my opinion, fans who like both series are more open minded than fans who stick to just one side of the franchise they like most. They make ideas that are both Old and New Spyro-like.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#102 Posted: 19:03:57 30/07/2010
I don'd know about openminded when it comes to what you like. If you don't like it you don't like it, If you do you do. Refusing to play one or the other is closed minded.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#103 Posted: 20:38:50 30/07/2010 | Topic Creator
And hearing the same thing over and over from some Old Spyro fans on Youtube about the Old Spyro 'being the best' and flaming and trolling on New Spyro constantly, just simply shows the completely different side of a Spyro fan who played the first Spyro game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:51 30/07/2010 by Aura24
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#104 Posted: 20:50:14 30/07/2010
Aura 52:
Quote:
And hearing the same thing over and over from some Old Spyro fans about the Old Spyro 'being the best' and flaming and trolling on New Spyro constantly, just simply shows the completely different side of a Spyro fan who played the first Spyro game.

Don't you think it's a bit harsh to go and throw original Spyro fans into one catagory like that. We're all entitled to our own opinions and we all express them differently. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this site who express their liking for the LOS series in similar ways as you are accusing "Old Spyro fans" of doing.
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#105 Posted: 20:56:28 30/07/2010
Oh. I haven't been on Youtube enough to know about that. Thanks for clearing up what you meant because I would have never gotten that from reading your previous statement.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:06:43 30/07/2010 by RubyWings91
#106 Posted: 20:56:30 30/07/2010 | Topic Creator
I meant the Old Spyro fans on Youtube who flame and troll too much on the videos there, not Old Spyro fans in general.

Quote: RubyWings91
Oh. I haven't been on Youtube enough to know about that. Thanks for clearing up what you meant because I would have never gotten that from reading your previous statement.

It's okay.

It makes me wish that the Old Spyro, on Youtube, would move on to other things than waste their days on commenting hate comments about the new Spyro being so much different than the Old.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:45:49 30/07/2010 by Aura24
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#107 Posted: 23:45:58 30/07/2010
Quote: Aura24

It makes me wish that the Old Spyro, on Youtube, would move on to other things than waste their days on commenting hate comments about the new Spyro being so much different than the Old.

I think it's because sometimes, some companies, after reading so many hate comments about a 'change' have actually given in to the fans and granted their request. Although I do have to agree it can be annoying when they go 'looking' for places to post hate comments. I hate it when people do that on anything >_x
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#108 Posted: 23:54:16 30/07/2010 | Topic Creator
They probably have other games to play and be a fan of. If they hate changes in the Spyro franchise and the current status of the series, why bother repeating yourself to prove a point?
---
#109 Posted: 00:21:42 31/07/2010
They probably have other games to play and be a fan of. If they hate changes in the Spyro franchise and the current status of the series, why bother repeating yourself to prove a point?

Because like I said, some people believe that they can change the series.

I don't know much about it, but when Sega tried to kill off Sally in the comic series, there was a huge uproar about it. Fans acted in a similar manner, and Sega then made a deal to bring her back.

So, for some fans, they're hoping (key word right there) that if they keep on repeating themselves, one company will eventually listen and restore the original games.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#110 Posted: 16:16:20 31/07/2010
And hearing the same thing over and over from some Old Spyro fans on Youtube about the Old Spyro 'being the best' and flaming and trolling on New Spyro constantly, just simply shows the completely different side of a Spyro fan who played the first Spyro game.

LOS fans do that alot too. Have you not Seen Cynder fans b*tch at non Cynder fans, non SxC fans (not haters, non fans), and Ember fans? Lets just say that flamers in general suck.
---
#111 Posted: 18:48:37 31/07/2010 | Topic Creator
It's like they have nothing better to do than just flame and troll about changes in a game franchise. I mean, there are other games to play after all and move on.
---
#112 Posted: 23:04:20 31/07/2010
It's like they have nothing better to do than just flame and troll about changes in a game franchise. I mean, there are other games to play after all and move on.

LOS fans flame too though, like NEW_SpyroLUVA said.

Youtube doesn't help though, when you're viewing a video of classic Spyro and a vid of LOS appears right next to it. It pretty much encourages flamers to view them.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#113 Posted: 23:07:02 31/07/2010
Quote: Spyroo

Youtube doesn't help though, when you're viewing a video of classic Spyro and a vid of LOS appears right next to it. It pretty much encourages flamers to view them.

I have not ever once seen a TLoS fan flame before (Well, when it comes down to the difference in the series)... It just doesn't make sense to flame the original games if you've only played TLoS...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:47 31/07/2010 by bionicle2809
#114 Posted: 23:11:25 31/07/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

I have not ever once seen a TLoS fan flame before (Well, when it comes down to the difference in the series)... It just doesn't make sense to flame the original games if you've only played TLoS...

Yeah, I have. I won't deny they're nowhere near as common as the LOS haters, but they tend to complain over how 'kiddyish' the older games are, and how 'boring' the classics are too. They also complain about graphics on the originals.
---
#115 Posted: 23:19:18 31/07/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

Yeah, I have. I won't deny they're nowhere near as common as the LOS haters, but they tend to complain over how 'kiddyish' the older games are, and how 'boring' the classics are too. They also complain about graphics on the originals.

Wow... Really? Just... Wow, fail much?
#116 Posted: 23:44:48 31/07/2010
I know. Who are any of us to flame something we've never tried? Personally I've seen very few people talk about the oldies and it's not usually flaming, but that's just my experience.
---
#117 Posted: 23:50:31 31/07/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I know. Who are any of us to flame something we've never tried? Personally I've seen very few people talk about the oldies and it's not usually flaming, but that's just my experience.

Yeah, that's what I always say... I can't say I hate something, if I've never played/watched it... I have to give it a chance, no matter how much I think it'll fail to begin with...
#118 Posted: 00:19:08 01/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Many people say that change is good. And changes in a video game franchise happens almost all the time. To me, even though Spyro has a different personality and universe in the LoS, I still like him because, well, he's Spyro.
---
#119 Posted: 15:18:09 02/08/2010
See, I'm not going to blindly pursue the franchise simply becasue it bears the title of Spyro. I don't mean to insinuate anything about you Aura or anyone else, but I care a little more about the game itself ie. entertainment value than I do simpy about what the franchise is called.

I've never once thought change wasn't good. However I will be the first to say change isn't always good. I'm not in the mood to restate all my points about the reboot, but let me just say that Spyro was fine as a cocky kid hero not from any prophecy. That's how he began and it was with that persona that he became so popular in the first place. True at the time of LOS' creation Spyro wasn't doing so well, but was it really out of the question to return him to the way he was or at least maintain the essence of Spyro as he made his foray into his new and the new world of LOS? I would say no it was not and thus a full and total reboot/elimination of what Spyro once was wasn't necessary.
---
#120 Posted: 17:45:17 02/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, think about it, Spyro LUVA, the Old Spyro wasn't going to continue to be all light-hearted and humor like the original three games. From the looks of Shadow Legacy, they were going to continue with the serious and dark atmosphere for a while. But, I suppose, it wouldn't matter to some fans anyways, because the Old Spyro would still be around.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:18 02/08/2010 by Aura24
#121 Posted: 00:35:17 03/08/2010
I have no real problem if the games get a little darker than the originals. The thing they MUST do however is keep Spyro as Spyro always was, same as the other old characters, and maintain the humor and don't let Spyro get so down or way too in love. Also don't crowd the games with hoards of enemies, and keep the side quests, mini games, secret areas, collectables, unlockables, etc.

Also, don't misunderstand me, I wont just like a Spyro game if the classic Spyro is in it, even if he does have his personality if I don't think the game is fun.
---
#122 Posted: 08:49:14 03/08/2010
What, and you thought Shadow Legacy was fun?
#123 Posted: 15:49:52 03/08/2010
Yeah I did. I liked how all the worlds from the other games were brought into the same game and the combat was unlike anything I had ever tried at the time (I hadn't yet experienced RPGs).

Don't you like Shadow Legacy?
---
#124 Posted: 16:19:18 03/08/2010
I've never played it myself, I was just curious...
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#125 Posted: 16:46:43 03/08/2010
Isn't Shadow Legacy like, a sequel for A Hero's Tail?
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#126 Posted: 18:16:05 03/08/2010 | Topic Creator
But I noticed Shadow Legacy was darker than the other Old Spyro games.
---
#127 Posted: 19:13:38 03/08/2010
I have no real problem if the games get a little darker than the originals. The thing they MUST do however is keep Spyro as Spyro always was, same as the other old characters, and maintain the humor and don't let Spyro get so down or way too in love. Also don't crowd the games with hoards of enemies, and keep the side quests, mini games, secret areas, collectables, unlockables, etc.

Also, don't misunderstand me, I wont just like a Spyro game if the classic Spyro is in it, even if he does have his personality if I don't think the game is fun.

Read my post more carefully please.
---
#128 Posted: 20:16:47 19/08/2010 | Topic Creator
I know that already. I was just saying that Shadow Legacy was a little darker, with the Shadow Realm plot, SpyroLUVA. Geez, no need to repeat yourself. You were fine with the dark Shadow Legacy because the old Spyro was in it, I get it.

Even if the new Spyro franchise is different from the Old counterpart, the main character is still Spyro, to me, and both Old and new Spyro are in one popular franchise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:30 19/08/2010 by Aura24
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#129 Posted: 04:25:25 25/09/2010
Has anyone here in this topic had fans flaming on you because you like both series, instead of solely going with the Old Spyro or the New Spyro?

I had some fans who flamed me a lot on YT, because I liked both series and not the Old Spyro.

I would call them Original fanbrats. I have experienced one while watching A New Beginning cutscene on YouTube.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#130 Posted: 06:04:15 25/09/2010
I love Old Spyro for his comedy and New Spyro for his epic storyline.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#131 Posted: 06:05:00 25/09/2010
Agreed
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#132 Posted: 11:13:12 25/09/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77

Agreed as well.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#133 Posted: 11:28:01 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm surprised this topic got brought back to life smilie
---
#134 Posted: 13:47:25 25/09/2010
I know that already. I was just saying that Shadow Legacy was a little darker, with the Shadow Realm plot, SpyroLUVA. Geez, no need to repeat yourself. You were fine with the dark Shadow Legacy because the old Spyro was in it, I get it.

Even if the new Spyro franchise is different from the Old counterpart, the main character is still Spyro, to me, and both Old and new Spyro are in one popular franchise.

No, no, no! You don't get it! I didn't like it just because old Spyro was in it. I liked it because though it was dark it was not totally gloomy and the characters were not all subdued and going on about doom and the end of the world and what not. Spyro wasn't as upbeat at before but he didn't seem to be hopeless like new Spyro does. It was also good because it brought in new things never seen in a Spyro game before like the melee, magic power, and a combination of all the worlds.

If I had to change anything, I'd put in on a home console (like PS2), make the final boss more difficult (all you do is deflect his elements), have speedways, put in playable characters, have a finite number of gems, have more mini games in it, and have Spyro talk more to show his personality.

Do you get it now?
---
#135 Posted: 14:16:49 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator
At least it was different than the usual portal and saving worlds thing the Old Spyro games had.

From the topics I've posted with you in the past, SpyroLUVA, I know you like the Old Spyro the most than just both, and I just find it hard to believe you like both series..
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 14:35:09 25/09/2010 by Aura24
#136 Posted: 18:09:59 25/09/2010
I DON'T like both series! I was saying that i like SL for reasons other than old Spyro's prescence in it! I like some aspects of LOS though they need improvement, but I'm still not a fan of the trilogy anymore.
---
#137 Posted: 18:12:49 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator
If you don't like both series, why are you even on this topic?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:16 26/09/2010 by Aura24
#138 Posted: 18:14:54 25/09/2010
I was browsing through the topics and found your little misunderstanding and I thought I'd set you straight on what I was trying to say.

I'll be on my way now.
---
#139 Posted: 05:57:15 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
See ya.

Quote: crazyspyrofan
Quote: StartheDragon77

Agreed as well.

Agreed too.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#140 Posted: 09:39:51 26/09/2010

LOS fans do that alot too. Have you not Seen Cynder fans b*tch at non Cynder fans, non SxC fans (not haters, non fans), and Ember fans? Lets just say that flamers in general suck.

Agreed. Why pick on the Original Spyro fans, when there are other fans out there who are a lot worse?

Sorry, just had to point this out. D:
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:47:00 26/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#141 Posted: 15:00:56 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Probably because there are other fans that are Insomniac Old Spyro fans, some who just flame and troll neutral and LoS Spyro fans for liking the current condition of Spyro after Insomniac ran out of ideas for him. And the victims mistake the ones who trolled them as the Old Spyro fans instead of the ones who only liked the original trilogy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:18 26/09/2010 by Aura24
#142 Posted: 15:32:52 26/09/2010
There are LOS fans like that too though.
---
#143 Posted: 18:42:43 26/09/2010
^True,but orginal fans don't get flamed near as much.
---
#144 Posted: 19:27:44 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Why are the ones who like both Spyro treated like outcasts, neutral, in the Spyro fanbase? Is it because we like both Spyros instead of sticking to one side of the franchise?
---
#145 Posted: 19:33:35 26/09/2010
^I think so,To some one-sided fans,your're either soley with them,or you're against them.
---
#146 Posted: 19:39:46 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
And we made the choice to like both Spyros, which ended up leading us to some conflicts with the one-sided fans.
---
#147 Posted: 19:50:09 26/09/2010
I don't see what's so bad about liking both series.
---
#148 Posted: 20:03:23 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Probably because some fans don't like the idea of Spyro still being Spyro despite changes every franchise go through.
---
#149 Posted: 20:12:19 26/09/2010
I've never thought the neutral fans were outcasts.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#150 Posted: 21:40:46 26/09/2010
Maybe you haven't, but others make it feel that way..
First | Previous | Page 3 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me