Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Changing TLoS [CLOSED]
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#101 Posted: 18:39:22 18/07/2010
Quote:
Look in the back of the manual of Spyro 1.

Please, past a pic or link, I hadn't seen it before!
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#102 Posted: 19:18:53 18/07/2010
Me nether smilie
---
Wow
Such signature
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#103 Posted: 19:30:51 18/07/2010
I believe they mean this image:

[User Posted Image]
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#104 Posted: 19:39:59 18/07/2010
Yeah that's the one. I have no idea why it's in the manual though. Perhaps it was intended to explain what Spyro would be like years after his game. (I've always thought the first game was supposed to be the last one and that the games were never meant to have sequels.)
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#105 Posted: 20:17:25 18/07/2010
Oh ****, bearded Spyro... He looks like my grandpa xD
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#106 Posted: 21:45:15 18/07/2010
always wondered if the little purple dude turned out to be like that i was a topic about it (i think i still am)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#107 Posted: 03:07:32 19/07/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I think the melee was cool looking and added a martial arts-ish acrobatic feel to Spyro's butt kicking. It wasn't as good as it could have been in LOS given that it dominated the first two games which made it get old and it didn't quite work on a non kick-butt character with elemental abilities. Mana bar or no, couldn't a truely legendary dragon mow down enemies with his breath ablities? It would work better in classic Spyro because he had basic breaths and no explosive furies, so I could see him using fancy aerial combat. Also, Spyro seemed to take pleasure in beating up villains, so it would suit him to beat on them with more than one move, so long as it isn't too drawn out.

Now that I think of the furies, they were pretty cool in ANB and TEN, so why not introduce a power up with supercharges Spyro's breath abilities (I think he should have more than one) and give him a burst of energy which he can release in an explosion when he sees fit. I think more movie-ish cinematics and explosions and the like would give a classic Style Spyro game and action-y feel which would fit a little fireball like old Spyro and please some gamers who REALLY like that stuff.

Agree?

Unfortunately. . . no. I wouldn't mind what you said if Spyro was like that from the begging but, Spyro wandering into Beat-em-up style gameplay feels, far too, alien for me. I prefer they stick to what Spyro was that made him lovable: A platformer. Enemies having health bars and what not will simply just slow down the gameplay. Now mind you that could be used for a puzzle or challenge of gameplay if it were to be like - - - your both on a crumbling platform and the only way to continue is to defeat your enemy - - - then yes. But even that, has to be confined to just mini-game state only .

This way, if a good majority of players like that, then they can experiment with it more, and if not, then well its simply just a mini-game.

Mini boss and Boss are the only enemies that I can accept having more than 2 hits. I say more than 2 hits, because in Spyro 1 there was one enemy that took 2 hits to kill. . . the Shepard dogs in Toasty's level. That fit perfectly IMO, as it did have a bit of comical to it (Flame their face their face was burnt).

I can understand that having enemies with health bars can add a bit of a challenge in gameplay but so can cleverly designed puzzles that use the 1-2 hit rule for your enemies. Personally I think that it will also add more variety of enemies as well. Its like I said in Cuzzberry's thread "How you interact with your enemies and how they interact with you is what made it fun in the old Spyro games" or something along those lines (IDK College makes my memory shaky smilie )

I'm not doing this to gang up you. . . just saying having Spyro turn into a beat-em-up is like Spyro turning into what he was in LOS, at least in character . . . Gary the Stu, as I call him smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:59 19/07/2010 by Zackeio
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#108 Posted: 06:24:02 19/07/2010
Quote: Spyroo

[User Posted Image]

This picture is not in my manual, could be only in the American ones, I've seen the differences between the European and American versions, and the American manuals and cases always look much better.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#109 Posted: 13:24:23 19/07/2010
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#110 Posted: 14:43:51 19/07/2010
Quote: Zackeio
I think the melee was cool looking and added a martial arts-ish acrobatic feel to Spyro's butt kicking. It wasn't as good as it could have been in LOS given that it dominated the first two games which made it get old and it didn't quite work on a non kick-butt character with elemental abilities. Mana bar or no, couldn't a truely legendary dragon mow down enemies with his breath ablities? It would work better in classic Spyro because he had basic breaths and no explosive furies, so I could see him using fancy aerial combat. Also, Spyro seemed to take pleasure in beating up villains, so it would suit him to beat on them with more than one move, so long as it isn't too drawn out.

Now that I think of the furies, they were pretty cool in ANB and TEN, so why not introduce a power up with supercharges Spyro's breath abilities (I think he should have more than one) and give him a burst of energy which he can release in an explosion when he sees fit. I think more movie-ish cinematics and explosions and the like would give a classic Style Spyro game and action-y feel which would fit a little fireball like old Spyro and please some gamers who REALLY like that stuff.

Agree?

Unfortunately. . . no. I wouldn't mind what you said if Spyro was like that from the begging but, Spyro wandering into Beat-em-up style gameplay feels, far too, alien for me. I prefer they stick to what Spyro was that made him lovable: A platformer. Enemies having health bars and what not will simply just slow down the gameplay. Now mind you that could be used for a puzzle or challenge of gameplay if it were to be like - - - your both on a crumbling platform and the only way to continue is to defeat your enemy - - - then yes. But even that, has to be confined to just mini-game state only .

This way, if a good majority of players like that, then they can experiment with it more, and if not, then well its simply just a mini-game.

Mini boss and Boss are the only enemies that I can accept having more than 2 hits. I say more than 2 hits, because in Spyro 1 there was one enemy that took 2 hits to kill. . . the Shepard dogs in Toasty's level. That fit perfectly IMO, as it did have a bit of comical to it (Flame their face their face was burnt).

I can understand that having enemies with health bars can add a bit of a challenge in gameplay but so can cleverly designed puzzles that use the 1-2 hit rule for your enemies. Personally I think that it will also add more variety of enemies as well. Its like I said in Cuzzberry's thread "How you interact with your enemas and how they interact with you is what made it fun in the old Spyro games" or something along those lines (IDK College makes my memory shaky smilie )

I'm not doing this to gang up you. . . just saying having Spyro turn into a beat-em-up is like Spyro turning into what he was in LOS, at least in character . . . Gary the Stu, as I call him smilie .

I'll read all that later.

Anyway, though I'd like melee with changes, Spyro has a good ol platformer would be sweet too.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#111 Posted: 17:18:27 19/07/2010
How you interact with your enemas

Note to self: Warning, Zackeio is into BDSM... Or is Cuzzberry?
---
Keep smile
#112 Posted: 21:26:14 19/07/2010
Quote: matesds
How you interact with your enemas

Note to self: Warning, Zackeio is into BDSM... Or is Cuzzberry?

*sigh* My fault entirely smilie didn't even know that was a word smilie!
---
My Gallery
#113 Posted: 22:33:49 19/07/2010
And I thought I was a grammar nazi... :l

Wonder why that picture wasn't in the European manual... I thought the only differences in the manuals would be the obvious language / dilect edits and the inking. (American manual is lighter than European) Oh well.
---
My tips for RP.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#114 Posted: 11:10:54 20/07/2010
I'm not grammar nazi, I am just pointing at hilarious typos, and share the LULZ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enema
---
Keep smile
Eternaly Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1092
#115 Posted: 01:18:51 23/07/2010 | Topic Creator
thanks for all the comments guys! i think there should be less combat but not none,more puzzle-like levels, and make the places brighter(a game can be good without being so dark!)smilie
---
I <3 UNICORNS.
Red Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#116 Posted: 01:30:38 23/07/2010
TLOS killed spyro IMO should of made the game for another dragon.
---
Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#117 Posted: 01:38:32 23/07/2010
Why bother posting if you don't like the new Spyro? This is an LoS topic.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:07 23/07/2010 by Aura24
#118 Posted: 02:05:37 23/07/2010
Quote: Aura24

An LoS topic that revolves around changing TLOS. Obviously if people liked TloS, they wouldn't post in a topic about changing it. The ones that didn't like it and think it needs to change would though.
---
My tips for RP.
SpyroStar Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#119 Posted: 02:18:01 23/07/2010
i, like most people apparently, would so take out the combat and definitely keep them cute. i like the idea of multiple breaths, but, at the same time, THEY. MUST. BE. AWESOME. each one. i miss the ole homeyness of the Insomniac Spyro games. the personalities were dorky and amazingly realistic. i miss sparx being there for health and 1-hit enemies that didn't flood all over you. (i also wish some would stand there and cower at the cute little dragon that could easily annihilate them. smilie) i must say that i loved sparx in ANB, but mostly because David Spade's voice went perfectly with the personality. there are probably other things i'd change but i can't remember or don't know them yet.
---
Just coast with me.
"The secret is I'm angry all the time." - Pete Wentz
#120 Posted: 04:43:16 23/07/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon

An LoS topic that revolves around changing TLOS. Obviously if people liked TloS, they wouldn't post in a topic about changing it. The ones that didn't like it and think it needs to change would though.

As a fan who liked the LoS trilogy, I did post a few changes that the LoS trilogy should've made, if you hadn't noticed.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:57:29 23/07/2010 by Aura24
#121 Posted: 06:05:07 23/07/2010

As a fan who liked the LoS trilogy, I did post a few changes that the LoS trilogy should've made, if you hadn't noticed.

And as a fan who hardly likes anything about LoS, I, and everyone else here, have as much right to post what we think as you do. Just because we don't like something doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to say why we don't like it and how it could change. It's a topic about improving LoS, so obviously you'll get people who didn't like it at all and want a lot to change.
---
My tips for RP.
#122 Posted: 06:14:40 23/07/2010
Obviously, if one fan flames on the series instead of suggesting changes to the LoS, why bother posting? Ah, whatver.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:32:10 23/07/2010 by Aura24
#123 Posted: 18:35:16 23/07/2010
I didn't see anyone do that.
---
My tips for RP.
#124 Posted: 18:39:20 23/07/2010
Quote: Red Spyro

^This.
---
#125 Posted: 18:46:59 23/07/2010

^This.

Making it with another dragon is still changing the game.
---
My tips for RP.
#126 Posted: 18:50:12 23/07/2010
Yuppers smilie
---
Wow
Such signature
#127 Posted: 18:50:18 23/07/2010
Another dragon in the Spyro franchise, or another dragon that's not in the Spyro series? We may never know.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:50:51 23/07/2010 by Aura24
#128 Posted: 18:56:57 23/07/2010
sadly smilie
---
Wow
Such signature
#129 Posted: 02:07:52 24/07/2010

^This.

Yeah. The main problem I have with LOS is that it killed what Spyro should be (IMO). If it were about another dragon unrelated to Spyro, I l might actually like it.
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#130 Posted: 06:20:53 24/07/2010
Meh for me the feeling is mutual wheather or not LOS ended up how it did, I liked it because spyro was in it and it did give me a new perspective on spyro. Should it been better yeah of course. Is it something so bad that we have to end the series and start over? No of course not, it just need some TLC is all.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#131 Posted: 06:41:07 24/07/2010

Yeah. The main problem I have with LOS is that it killed what Spyro should be (IMO). If it were about another dragon unrelated to Spyro, I l might actually like it.

If they didn't use Spyro in it, I would have never cared to be honest. I would have never bought it either, which is the only reason game companies stick familiar characters in other genres to begin with, but it would have been much better on its own and the company probably would have tried harder.

Oh but that means more work and less profit so of course they wouldn't do that.
---
My tips for RP.
#132 Posted: 16:39:39 24/07/2010
I think I would have been drawn to a game about a young dragon hero even if it wasn't Spyro.
---
#133 Posted: 16:44:35 24/07/2010
Quote: S240sx24
Is it something so bad that we have to end the series and start over? No of course not, it just need some TLC is all.

And that's exactly how fans of the original series feel.

Same here. Spyro was like Mario - Always happy, but sometimes with a bit of maturity here and there (excluding AHT of course). If this was another dragon? Go for it. Spyro? Well....

'Another noble warrior falls victim to the plague of love.'
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#134 Posted: 17:21:37 24/07/2010
LOVE that line!
---
#135 Posted: 04:40:43 25/07/2010
LOVE that line!

i'll sit there and watch that part just for the line. my mom said i was a weirdo..a "lovable" one, but still
---
Just coast with me.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#136 Posted: 13:35:21 25/07/2010
LOVE that line!

agreed
It's so true xD
#137 Posted: 01:22:02 26/07/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon

If they didn't use Spyro in it, I would have never cared to be honest. I would have never bought it either, which is the only reason game companies stick familiar characters in other genres to begin with, but it would have been much better on its own and the company probably would have tried harder.

Oh but that means more work and less profit so of course they wouldn't do that.

Hard work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. . . but all play and no work makes Jack a lazy, sorry, good for nothing, poor boy smilie .

Anyway, there are a lot of changes that needs to be done with TLOS. Mostly character personalities, and the fact that it completely smashed and replace Spyro with this. . . blasphemy smilie . Out of anything, I would like them to go back to the original personalities. Out of all the stuff I said, this needs to be done first.

I would have tolerated TLOS a lot more if they didn't dink around with the original characters personalities. Still. Wasn't. Called. For! smilie . I say this, because I can tolerate Sonic Unleashed. Still think the Werehog was stupid as heck, still think that should be Knuckles' gameplay style, but still, at least Sonic's personality isn't . . . blasphemous.
---
My Gallery
#138 Posted: 14:03:09 26/07/2010
Heh, a little dramatic but on the other hand when you compare it to the originals LOS could be blasphemy to some.

I definitely agree about the personalities needing change though. It's not like it wouldn't work either; why shouldn't Spyro perk up and be confident after what he's acomplished? Also, now that the war is mostly over, no reason why Hunter can't mellow out. As for Cynder, they already changed her without due cause, so why not do it again? Back to the TEN personality with her! I actually like Sprxs personality, he just needs to be funnier and also needs a better voice. Either David Spade or Billy West.
---
#139 Posted: 21:56:45 26/07/2010
I'd also want the personalities changed... Just not before they scrap combat or make it less required. I don't play platformers to play beat em ups, screw the guy who thought this genre change was a good thing. smilie
---
My tips for RP.
#140 Posted: 22:49:36 26/07/2010
Apparently they did it to make it sell better. What kind of BS what that?! Spyro might not have been doing so well at the time, but Look at the first three!!
---
#141 Posted: 22:54:20 26/07/2010
Apparently they did it to make it sell better. What kind of BS what that?! Spyro might not have been doing so well at the time, but Look at the first three!!

Well.... ANB made it to Platinum, but neither TEN or DOTD did. I could be wrong, but I believe they're the first Spyro games to not make Platinum on the PS2..... So overall, the change was a fairly bad move.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:01 26/07/2010 by Spyroo
#142 Posted: 22:54:55 26/07/2010
What's done is done. Who knows what qualities they'll go with now.
---
#143 Posted: 23:26:44 26/07/2010
None but those in league with Avtivision.
---
#144 Posted: 03:18:41 27/07/2010
I actually like Sprxs personality, he just needs to be funnier and also needs a better voice. Either David Spade or Billy West.

i agree smilie

What's done is done. Who knows what qualities they'll go with now.

as much as i hate it, that's right. what i hate is that it's done and can't be undone, because Activision was too stupid to think far ahead in spyro's future. they wanted to get the money, get it over with, and get over it. it's like an author accidentally writing a story to its close when the people want more; but there's only so much it can give
---
Just coast with me.
#145 Posted: 04:02:13 27/07/2010
They didn't have time to further the story of the trilogy, crazy. Because of the merger between Vivendi Games and Activision.
---
#146 Posted: 14:21:04 27/07/2010
I think that's her pont; if Activision had been patient and let Krome and Sierra finish LOS the way they wanted then it wouldn't have failed so hard.
---
#147 Posted: 02:54:48 28/07/2010
I think that's her pont; if Activision had been patient and let Krome and Sierra finish LOS the way they wanted then it wouldn't have failed so hard.

Plot-wise, that might be the case. I doubt it would have made a difference with the horrible linear level design though. The game suffers from the Vandal Hearts (sp?) syndrome; it was meant to be an epic story with some crappy battle system implemented to justify it being a game. That was its biggest problem from the start, they should have made a movie instead.
---
My tips for RP.
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#148 Posted: 03:04:53 28/07/2010

[User Posted Image]

Zuko's Uncle.

Didn't he appear somewhere in-game?

Anywho, if you wanna change TLoS...
Try all of it.
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
#149 Posted: 04:56:15 28/07/2010
Quote: Superspyrodude

[User Posted Image]

Zuko's Uncle.

Try all of it.

That is potentially the funniest post on this entire thread.
---
My tips for RP.
#150 Posted: 13:15:42 28/07/2010
Quote: Superspyrodude

[User Posted Image]

Zuko's Uncle.

Try all of it.

^TRUTH! About the changes I mean.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me