Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Check this out!!! [CLOSED]
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#1 Posted: 13:57:25 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
MAN YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! http://www.spyroworld.net/home/6410
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 14:06:32 19/07/2010
I'm amused more by the comments than anything. I still say they should return to the originals, TLOS sold less than they did overall, and Activision loves money.
But anyway, that post is about 2 years old. I still have hope, however.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#3 Posted: 14:15:39 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
does'nt everybody i came across that while trying to find if crash was in DotD
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#4 Posted: 15:29:11 19/07/2010
Quote: Spyroo
I'm amused more by the comments than anything. I still say they should return to the originals, TLOS sold less than they did overall, and Activision loves money.

IMO the main reason the orginals made more money is becuase there were a lot more games made from them.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#5 Posted: 15:31:28 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
IS CRASH IN DAWN OF THE DRAGON
---
#6 Posted: 15:38:33 19/07/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan

IMO the main reason the orginals made more money is becuase there were a lot more games made from them.

I was referring to the original 3.

ANB sold well, but both TEN and DOTD (especially DOTD) sold poorly.

Edit: Sorry paris, I don't know =(
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:39:01 19/07/2010 by Spyroo
#7 Posted: 15:43:12 19/07/2010
@Spyroo:Well from what I hear DOTD sold pretty good in my area,I guess it must be diffrent in the other parts of the country and world.

@Paris:I have no clue.
---
#8 Posted: 15:44:04 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
darn!!!!
---
#9 Posted: 15:48:18 19/07/2010
@Spyroo:Well from what I hear DOTD sold pretty good in my area,I guess it must be diffrent in the other parts of the country and world.

@Paris:I have no clue.

Fair enough then smilie
It sold poorly around where I am, and many local stores refused to sell it at all. The major game company where I normally get 'rarer' games only stocked 2 copies of it, apparently I was the only one who preordered it!
---
#10 Posted: 16:38:11 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
cool!!!!
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#11 Posted: 17:04:32 19/07/2010
I just want to point something out before we rush ahead...

1. This article was made before DOTD was release

2. After DOTD, all of the producers were saying that DOTD wasn't the end of the TLoS universe, and that TLoS was just made to introduce Spyro into the new universe...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12 Posted: 17:18:24 19/07/2010

I don't know about that. A friend of mine has a friend working in one of the game companies in Activision, and he asked him about the next Spyro game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#13 Posted: 17:20:42 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
really? and did he say???!!!!
---
#14 Posted: 17:26:54 19/07/2010
Well, he said that the next game will be in the LoS universe, with Spyro and Cynder as little dragons again before they were frozen in TEN, it will be story-driven, not run from point A to point B with differet level skins. It will be an iPhone game.

But this is a rumor he heard from his friend at Activision, there has not been a press release, a trailer, or anything official other than a friend inside the business. Although, iPhone games are released unexpectedly to the public.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:09 19/07/2010 by Aura24
#15 Posted: 17:28:13 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator
ohhhh NO ps2????
---
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#16 Posted: 17:46:47 19/07/2010
I want EVERY new Spyro on PS2!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!
#17 Posted: 17:48:38 19/07/2010
^I do too,but sadly PS2 is starting to go obsolete thanks to the PS3
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#18 Posted: 17:49:23 19/07/2010
Quote: Aura24
It will be an iPhone game.

:me: It will be $h!t
:Super Mecha Death Christ 2000 B.C. 4.0 beta: *Shoots me with laser* WATCH YOUR EFFING LANGUAGE!!!
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:24 19/07/2010 by matesds
#19 Posted: 17:50:16 19/07/2010
I said it was a rumor, matesds. It's not confirmed.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#20 Posted: 18:08:40 19/07/2010
Y'all know my POV on the issue. I agree with what Spyro on PSX said, though I wouldn't put in the insults and swears, even if it is how I feel half the time.

I Can't see where they would go with LOS unless they remake the final chapter.
A revamp of the classics could go over REALLY well, seeing as it has the potential to get old fans reinterested, keeps current fans and draw in new fans.
Another reboot seems likely; it has all the potential of a classic revamp but with more potential to draw in new fans. Also both old and new fans would be without thier Spyro of choice; a somewhat harsh development on one hand but fair on the other. That way one group won't get P*ssed coz thier Spyro of coice was ditched fro a Spyro they dislike.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#21 Posted: 18:11:47 19/07/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Y'all know my POV on the issue. I agree with what Spyro on PSX said, though I wouldn't put in the insults and swears, even if it is how I feel half the time.

Maybe because you don't know what ideas they have in store for us, SpyroLUVA. Did you already forget that they said they've only scratched the surface with the trilogy? And it's possible the next game will be set in the LoS universe. They were probably prepared to have the ideas ready for the next game before the Activision merger.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:18:52 19/07/2010 by Aura24
#22 Posted: 18:32:11 19/07/2010

I don't know about that. A friend of mine has a friend working in one of the game companies in Activision, and he asked him about the next Spyro game.

I read that, on the Activision boards, right?

I dunno, I'm sceptical.... I have a friend who works for Sony, but he isn't allowed to give out any information on any games whatsoever. Not saying it's completely false of course.
---
#23 Posted: 18:57:51 19/07/2010
Except SMG's friend is working in Bungie. But it's a rumor.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:46 19/07/2010 by Aura24
#24 Posted: 18:59:13 19/07/2010 | Topic Creator

i know that
---
#25 Posted: 19:13:17 19/07/2010
Except SMG's friend is working in Bungie. But it's a rumor.

lol, the friend of a Bungie employee... Called SMG *laughs quietly*... But yeah, seeing as Bungie are now allied with Activision, they have like, full watch on what Activision are doing. So, it could be true...
#26 Posted: 20:04:03 19/07/2010
Quote: parisruelz12

i know that

I wasnt talking to you.
---
#27 Posted: 21:23:12 19/07/2010

Maybe because you don't know what ideas they have in store for us, SpyroLUVA. Did you already forget that they said they've only scratched the surface with the trilogy? And it's possible the next game will be set in the LoS universe. They were probably prepared to have the ideas ready for the next game before the Activision merger.

Yeah, maybe, but where can they go after ultimate evil? Who knows, maybe before the Activision merger they intended for the trilogy to end differently, leaving more room for a continuation. Perhaps they wanted to introduce a greater evil which controlled Malefor and then make more villains under the evil's control. All us fans can offer about former of future plans is speculation.
---
#28 Posted: 21:28:56 19/07/2010

I managed it smilie... If I can, I assumed that multiple employees of Activision can as well
#29 Posted: 21:41:02 19/07/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

I managed it smilie... If I can, I assumed that multiple employees of Activision can as well

Who knows? Iphones are released unexpectedly, with no announcement before their release.
---
#30 Posted: 21:52:02 19/07/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

Who knows? Iphones are released unexpectedly, with no announcement before their release.

Wait, what? I meant that I managed to think of a perfectly logical way to continue after DOTD ended, so Activision should be able to.
#31 Posted: 21:55:56 19/07/2010
I know, I know. I mean IF the next game is going to be solely on the iPhone, then it will be announced unexpectedly like the recent Crash iPhone game.
---
#32 Posted: 22:02:45 19/07/2010
I know, I know. I mean IF the next game is going to be solely on the iPhone, then it will be announced unexpectedly like the recent Crash iPhone game.

Yeah, but it shouldn't be anything big. Just like crash was a racing game. Spyro would probably be a flying game smilie... Like that cavern escape mini game on the website.
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#33 Posted: 22:09:19 19/07/2010
Anybody whos says that there nothing to do with the LOS universe isnt thinking very straight, yse the storyline is somewhat done, but then again with the cutscene at the end there could be a continuation but anyways, they could go anywhere with the LOS universe, just by adding free roam the game itself would be much better because the levels will have so much depth in them.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#34 Posted: 05:54:32 20/07/2010
Easy, S24.
---
#35 Posted: 17:26:59 20/07/2010
Quote: S240sx24
Anybody whos says that there nothing to do with the LOS universe isnt thinking very straight, yse the storyline is somewhat done, but then again with the cutscene at the end there could be a continuation but anyways, they could go anywhere with the LOS universe, just by adding free roam the game itself would be much better because the levels will have so much depth in them.

Sure but my main concern is what do you do after an evil like Malefor? The best I can come up with (not because of a lack of imagination but because I'm just not thinking so much about LOS) is a greater evil than Malefor which he was serving.

I guess it's possible the next game could be dedicated to reuniting Spyro with Ignitus, but that would kinda fail with no main villain to fight. Sure there would be rouges and monsters, but with no true evil to combat it would kinda be 'meh' to me.

Of course there's also the potential for Cynder to betray Spyro, having been in control of her darkness the whole time and only fighting Malefor so SHE could rule the world alone one day. But the fantards would go mad once Spyro killed her. Spyro could finally toughen up due in part to victory over Malefor and anger over Cynder's betrayal after all he's done, or he'd get all pouty coz his 'love' betrayed him and become wimpier, if that's even possible without eliminating his heroic nature entirely.

Then again they could just introduce a random monster or indevidual who wishes to take Malefor's place now that's he's gone. But a random monster wouldn't be so impressive; they've already fought a tree, lava, and planet destroying monster, and as lesser villains working under a greater evil at that. Another trying to take Malefor's throne might be interesting, but if one so powerful existed, why have they not made themselves known before? Working for Malefor perhaps? They could bring in the one who seeks to replace Malefor/have Cynder betray Spyro and also reunite Spyro with Iggy and the others (Sparx, Guardians, Atlowa, Cheetahs, Manweersmalls, etc.) and have Spyro face the pirate dog and his birds again (they escaped in TEN, right?).

But never the less, I for one am tired of the ultimate evil thing, whether it's Malefor, Cynder, a bodyless evil or someone new. Meh, all we can do is wait and see.
---
#36 Posted: 17:36:31 20/07/2010

Of course there's also the potential for Cynder to betray Spyro, having been in control of her darkness the whole time and only fighting Malefor so SHE could rule the world alone one day. But the fantards would go mad once Spyro killed her. Spyro could finally toughen up due in part to victory over Malefor and anger over Cynder's betrayal after all he's done, or he'd get all pouty coz his 'love' betrayed him and become wimpier, if that's even possible without eliminating his heroic nature entirely.

...Get used to it, SpyroLUVA. Cynder is good, and not evil. If you want Cynder to be evil so much, make your own Spyro game and make her a villian. And if they don't have Cynder evil in the next game, you'll have to get used to that too, and not assume that she was evil the whole time.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:13:42 20/07/2010 by Aura24
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#37 Posted: 17:49:27 20/07/2010
Maybe the Sorcerer returns in the tlos series? After all, in Shadow Legacy, it said that he disappeared and that he may return again.

Or maybe there was a dark spirit that corrupted Malefor. Maybe now that Malefor is gone, the dark spirit is the only thing left.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#38 Posted: 17:53:04 20/07/2010
That was in the Old Spyro universe. And the Sorceror would have a new plan if he's going to face Spyro for the first time.
---
#39 Posted: 17:56:11 20/07/2010
Maybe the next game will take place in the tlos universe, but will not be based off of the tlos trilogy. Maybe it could be in the universe, but the original places are in it. That way Spyro would face the Sorcerer.
---
#40 Posted: 18:00:39 20/07/2010
I kinda doubt it.
---
#41 Posted: 18:04:48 20/07/2010
Well that's just an idea...
---
#42 Posted: 18:05:04 20/07/2010
They could actually bring back the Sorcerer, it wouldn't be hard. If they can return Hunter and Avalar..... They can bring back anyone and anything.

I'll still be disappointed if this turns out true - A minor part for continuing TLoS, but mainly because I don't have an iPhone to play (and even if I did, I wouldn't bother with it, mobile games bore me unless puzzle-based).
---
#43 Posted: 18:06:59 20/07/2010
I wouldn't mind if it will be on the iPhone. I don't have an iPhone myself, but at least we know they're working on something that could continue from that game.
---
#44 Posted: 18:09:23 20/07/2010
I guess you're right. If they do decide to continue TLoS, I just want the games to be fun again.
---
#45 Posted: 18:14:28 20/07/2010
With the trilogy acting as a starting point and an introduction to the new universe, I'm guessing they'll move away from the dark and serious atmosphere.
---
#46 Posted: 18:32:32 20/07/2010
Yeah.
---
#47 Posted: 20:11:54 20/07/2010 | Topic Creator
well it always goes the same like with the socerecer
---
#48 Posted: 12:38:17 21/07/2010
Random, but I've just been thinking.... This different direction.... If this rumour does turn out to be true.... Could they be thinking of 'altering' the direction TLOS took? Like, change the events around so that DOTD never happened, etc.? Just a thought.
---
#49 Posted: 13:22:08 21/07/2010
Maybe the Sorcerer could come up with a plan. He was defeated by the original Spyro, so maybe he could create a spell which would take him to the tlos universe. Then the Sorcerer would fight the tlos Spyro to see if he could beat him.
---
#50 Posted: 16:44:51 21/07/2010

...Get used to it, SpyroLUVA. Cynder is good, and not evil. If you want Cynder to be evil so much, make your own Spyro game and make her a villian. And if they don't have Cynder evil in the next game, you'll have to get used to that too, and not assume that she was evil the whole time.

Don't take that tone with me. I was just offering some options for continuations. Anyway you missed my point: As far as I can tell the best way to continue is
A: A DotD remake
B: Introduce a greater evil
C: Introduce another who wishes to take M's place
or D: Have Cynder try to take M's place.

In other words, the best continuations that I see are basically a repeat of Malefor.
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me