Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Changing TLoS [CLOSED]
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#51 Posted: 20:51:55 13/07/2010
NOTE AGAINsmilieARISRUELZ12 DID NOT GET A VERY GOOD SLEEP IF PROVOKED SHE MIGHT START FLAME WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#52 Posted: 23:13:17 13/07/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
it's physiology but the girl's personality got they can do it with hunter they do can it with the other characters

You want all the characters to have Hunter's personality? o_o Which Hunter? Old or new?
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
#53 Posted: 00:33:09 14/07/2010
no i meant change their personality......
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#54 Posted: 14:25:12 14/07/2010
Heck no! The completely screwed up Hunter by doing that!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#55 Posted: 14:33:28 14/07/2010
hey then they'll probabaly screw up one of the other cacters then!!!!!!!
---
#56 Posted: 16:54:34 14/07/2010
Exactly, so don't change thier persoanlities if you reintroduce them. If thier personalities don't fit LOS, then leave them out of it.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#57 Posted: 18:17:22 14/07/2010
Yeah, tell that to the fans who want the other characters back, even in the LoS universe.

If they do bring them back in the next game, and their personalities are so different than the personalities you're too used to, then don't play the game. Simple.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:35:59 14/07/2010 by Aura24
#58 Posted: 20:04:09 14/07/2010
i think "found elora" in the legend spyro wolrd [User Posted Image]
---
#59 Posted: 21:22:40 14/07/2010
A change in looks is fine, but try and keep the personalities that same. Personally, I think if they had jeps Hunter the same but made him fight, it would be a neat twist on LOS, given that all the heros that cutrrently exist are tough serious hardened warriors. IMO, seeing the usual frightful and 'cool' Hunter fight alongside the others would have been sweet.

@Aura24: I'll at leat play the next game once just to see how it is. Don't worry, if I play it once and dislike it, then I won't play again; I'm already doing that with DotD now that I beat it 100% already.
---
#60 Posted: 21:27:43 14/07/2010
i did'nt make it the photo i just found it do you think thats what elora might look like
---
#61 Posted: 23:41:59 14/07/2010
Quote: Aura24

If they do bring them back in the next game, and their personalities are so different than the personalities you're too used to, then don't play the game. Simple.

You're basically telling fans of a series that want the games to be more enjoyable to just stop playing the games they love, which is pointless, since nobody will do that. If they would, they would have just stopped playing Spyro after LoS.

The only reason I can think of that anyone would tell another fan not to play the next game is because they're perfectly happy with the game as it is and don't want them changing it. Not saying that's why you're saying that, but that's always how it is in my experience.
---
My tips for RP.
#62 Posted: 01:56:28 15/07/2010
Many of us still have hope Aura. Those who don't stopped when InsOmniac sold Spyro. The main reason I stayed with LOS this long because the story was incomplete and I was really curious and because it had potential to be a great trilogy, had it been done better. It was only real fun the first time through, and it still didn't have all the enjoyability of the older Spyro games. I only played them over again because the trilogy's end wasn't out yet. Now that it is and I played/beat it, I barely even look at the games any more. If the next game truely sucks, then I won't play anymore and that'll be that for Spyro and me. Given the failure of LOS I'l probably rent the next game, unless it looks REALLY promising.
---
#63 Posted: 02:19:38 15/07/2010
Yeah, but fans who hate the new series so bad, just play it anyway. I'm just saying that if the fans don't like the looks of the next game or have seen the gameplay that don't have the qualities they were expecting, why bother playing it and ranting about the negativity of the game and how it's not like the original spyro games they grew up with.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:03:37 15/07/2010 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 12:47:40 15/07/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Many of us still have hope Aura. Those who don't stopped when InsOmniac sold Spyro. The main reason I stayed with LOS this long because the story was incomplete and I was really curious and because it had potential to be a great trilogy, had it been done better. It was only real fun the first time through, and it still didn't have all the enjoyability of the older Spyro games. I only played them over again because the trilogy's end wasn't out yet. Now that it is and I played/beat it, I barely even look at the games any more. If the next game truely sucks, then I won't play anymore and that'll be that for Spyro and me. Given the failure of LOS I'l probably rent the next game, unless it looks REALLY promising.

i agreee i have not lost hope!!!!
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#65 Posted: 13:15:02 15/07/2010
Yeah, but fans who hate the new series so bad, just play it anyway. I'm just saying that if the fans don't like the looks of the next game or have seen the gameplay that don't have the qualities they were expecting, why bother playing it and ranting about the negativity of the game and how it's not like the original spyro games they grew up with.

For me at least, the only real reason I continued playing was because I'm one of those people who is a bit OCD - I must complete a set.
When I first played ANB, I was extremely disappointed - More so than even Sonic 06. When TEN came out, I waited for it to go down in price. When DOTD came out..... I didn't have to wait. The very few stores that were stocking the game had discount prices because of poor sales for TEN apparently.

If the new game is set in the TLOS universe, I'll get over it, but I doubt I'll buy it unless I see it at a carboot/garage sale.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#66 Posted: 13:57:22 15/07/2010
we rented TEN bad grapics.....
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#67 Posted: 14:52:59 15/07/2010

Cus some people are trying to find something good in the game (even tho its TloS)
You can't judge the whole game just by a gameplay footage or its looks.
You just have to go and play it ,and THEN place your opinion on it.
Heck,thats what I did...played the two TloS games,didn't like em,heard theres DoTD coming out and hoped it would be better,played it and I was disappointed ...
#68 Posted: 15:34:15 15/07/2010
okay then....
---
#69 Posted: 15:35:25 15/07/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

Some fans do just that sadly.
---
#70 Posted: 15:37:15 15/07/2010
i don't iat frist i did not want to play STD i played the other game instead finaly i tried it's reay fun!!!!!!!!!
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#71 Posted: 15:41:12 15/07/2010
Elora appearing in TloS; I wonder what she would look lie. Maybe some other characters too like Moneybags, Sheila, etc.
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#72 Posted: 15:41:39 15/07/2010
off topic
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#73 Posted: 16:07:26 15/07/2010
no money te gem gems already suck
---
#74 Posted: 16:10:40 15/07/2010
Do you mean you dislike the gems as they are (power/health) or as they were(currency)?

Cus some people are trying to find something good in the game (even tho its TloS)
You just have to go and play it ,and THEN place your opinion on it.
Heck,thats what I did...played the two TloS games,didn't like em,heard theres DoTD coming out and hoped it would be better,played it and I was disappointed ...

I agree.
---
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#75 Posted: 16:12:54 15/07/2010
egred
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#76 Posted: 22:14:36 15/07/2010

Two reasons:

1: Because the general opinion of (mostly annoying) gamers is that to complain about a game you need to play it and not just base your opinion off of reviews (even though they're usually accurate, and people only say this because they don't like getting butthurt, but it's a majority thing.)

2: Because if you don't complain about anything, nothing will change. We want the games to change to what we want them to, we don't want to just drop the series where it left off, we want more and as consumers we have a right to demand it. That doesn't mean the company must/will answer our demands, but if they would, how could they answer a demand that isn't there jst because everyone 'dropped the series'?

Their opinion can't be valid unless they play the game, but you don't want them to play the game, which makes it sound like you only want those fans to disappear instead of complaining about a product that's part of a franchise they've spent money on before and were happy with before. Consumer feedback exists for a reason.

And by the way, this load where you can't judge a game by watching a review or several reviews or playthroughs is exactly that, a big load, especially when you can see what isn't there just by watching a playthrough. I watched a platthrough of Sonic Unleashed because I didn't want to buy the game because I heard that, aside from the Werehog, Sonic was the only playable character. After I was done watching the playthrough I realized how much money I saved because I found out the other things that weren't there (non-linear levels) or things that I didn't like (on-rails tornado stages) so yes, you CAN jusge a game without playing it. The only reason people even came up with that was because they wanted a solid defense for getting buthurt by unhappy customers.
---
My tips for RP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:00 15/07/2010 by Feather Dragon
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#77 Posted: 22:35:18 15/07/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon

Two reasons:

1: Because the general opinion of (mostly annoying) gamers is that to complain about a game you need to play it and not just base your opinion off of reviews (even though they're usually accurate, and people only say this because they don't like getting butthurt, but it's a majority thing.)

2: Because if you don't complain about anything, nothing will change. We want the games to change to what we want them to, we don't want to just drop the series where it left off, we want more and as consumers we have a right to demand it. That doesn't mean the company must/will answer our demands, but if they would, how could they answer a demand that isn't there jst because everyone 'dropped the series'?

Their opinion can't be valid unless they play the game, but you don't want them to play the game, which makes it sound like you only want those fans to disappear instead of complaining about a product that's part of a franchise they've spent money on before and were happy with before. Consumer feedback exists for a reason.

And by the way, this load where you can't judge a game by watching a review or several reviews or playthroughs is exactly that, a big load, especially when you can see what isn't there just by watching a playthrough. I watched a platthrough of Sonic Unleashed because I didn't want to buy the game because I heard that, aside from the Werehog, Sonic was the only playable character. After I was done watching the playthrough I realized how much money I saved because I found out the other things that weren't there (non-linear levels) or things that I didn't like (on-rails tornado stages) so yes, you CAN jusge a game without playing it. The only reason people even came up with that was because they wanted a solid defense for getting buthurt by unhappy customers.

Yes, you can if you watch a playthrough,I ment gameplay footage as in those short videos with a bunch of gameplay previews.
#78 Posted: 22:48:17 15/07/2010
Are you talking about trailers? If so, most of them are CGI anyway so that's actually true, but there are some people who think watching a playthrough doesn't give the right to complain about a game until they play it themselves, I thought that was what you were talking about, sorry.
---
My tips for RP.
#79 Posted: 22:49:50 15/07/2010
i am totally confued
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#80 Posted: 23:09:51 15/07/2010
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Scrap krome Cynder. She is a woosy, helpless thing that has no use or personality.

What? Krome Cynder is better than DotD Cynder fantards constantly drool over.

people have there own opinins
---
Wow
Such signature
#81 Posted: 01:49:15 16/07/2010
uhhhhh
---
#82 Posted: 01:54:33 16/07/2010
Quote: Yoshi
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Scrap krome Cynder. She is a woosy, helpless thing that has no use or personality.

What? Krome Cynder is better than DotD Cynder fantards constantly drool over.

people have there own opinins

Most of the fans have the same opinion about DotD Cynder as I do. And you're a little late on saying that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:06:23 16/07/2010 by Aura24
#83 Posted: 18:34:13 16/07/2010
Well exsuse me gesh
---
Wow
Such signature
#84 Posted: 23:15:34 16/07/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon

Two reasons:

Yeah very true Feather Dragon.
---
#85 Posted: 23:42:59 16/07/2010
A change in looks is fine, but try and keep the personalities that same. Personally, I think if they had jeps Hunter the same but made him fight, it would be a neat twist on LOS, given that all the heros that cutrrently exist are tough serious hardened warriors. IMO, seeing the usual frightful and 'cool' Hunter fight alongside the others would have been sweet.

@Aura24: I'll at leat play the next game once just to see how it is. Don't worry, if I play it once and dislike it, then I won't play again; I'm already doing that with DotD now that I beat it 100% already.

So, if Elora and Bianca came back in the LoS universe with slightly different designs, you'll still play the game even though their personalities might be different from their Insomniac counterparts?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:39 16/07/2010 by Aura24
#86 Posted: 23:54:21 16/07/2010
of course i would (what would they look likeanyways?)
---
#87 Posted: 23:59:23 16/07/2010
I said "if". If the current producers of the next Spyro game decide to bring back the other characters from the old spyro trilogy, then they'll possibly look slightly different from their Insomniac counterparts and will probably have different personalities.
---
#88 Posted: 00:05:41 17/07/2010
okay.... but what would they look like!!!!?????
---
#89 Posted: 00:36:10 17/07/2010
How should I know? They're appearances will probaby be altered, like Hunter's, to match the LoS atmosphere.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:49 17/07/2010 by Aura24
#90 Posted: 01:51:40 17/07/2010

So, if Elora and Bianca came back in the LoS universe with slightly different designs, you'll still play the game even though their personalities might be different from their Insomniac counterparts?

I would certainly rent it, yes. I can't say whether I'd like it or not of course, but I'd play it. So long as they didn't change them too much the way they did with Spyro and Hunter (ie. make Elora flirty, aloof and giggly or make Bianca a dark brooding creepy magic user), I might be able to live with the changes. While we're on the subject of my tolerance for character changes, let me point out that Sparx changed when LOS came about, and I like the new Sparx fine. The only problem is that I dislike his voice in DotD, and although he was comical, he could have been funnier.
---
#91 Posted: 02:49:40 17/07/2010
They can make Elora male for all I care as long as the next game doesn't show just how fail they are at designing real levels and not button-mashing sessions where you occasionally hold forward and jump. :l

Well, I would care a little, but if they make the gameplay more like the originals with real treasure-hunting focus and real environment puzzles and real non-linear limited sandbox style levels I'll be happy. I want my scavenger-hunting, 'go anywhere' levels back, and I want them to throw away leveling and EXP, health and breath limits and all this other garbage that was never needed and is too limiting. Just throw out combat all together or confine it to another area and you can make everyone emo for all I care.
---
My tips for RP.
#92 Posted: 19:58:53 17/07/2010
I care a bit more about the actual characters than that, but I get what you're saying and I agree to an extent. I'd like to keeps the combat but decrease the amount of enemies significantly, and keep the meele, but no more than 3 hits for lesser enemies, four for med. enemies, and five for greater enemies. Maybe ten for elete-ise enemies.
---
#93 Posted: 07:47:38 18/07/2010
Here's what I don't understand. What does combat add to a Spyro game that makes it worth keeping?
---
My tips for RP.
#94 Posted: 17:41:04 18/07/2010
I think the melee was cool looking and added a martial arts-ish acrobatic feel to Spyro's butt kicking. It wasn't as good as it could have been in LOS given that it dominated the first two games which made it get old and it didn't quite work on a non kick-butt character with elemental abilities. Mana bar or no, couldn't a truely legendary dragon mow down enemies with his breath ablities? It would work better in classic Spyro because he had basic breaths and no explosive furies, so I could see him using fancy aerial combat. Also, Spyro seemed to take pleasure in beating up villains, so it would suit him to beat on them with more than one move, so long as it isn't too drawn out.

Now that I think of the furies, they were pretty cool in ANB and TEN, so why not introduce a power up with supercharges Spyro's breath abilities (I think he should have more than one) and give him a burst of energy which he can release in an explosion when he sees fit. I think more movie-ish cinematics and explosions and the like would give a classic Style Spyro game and action-y feel which would fit a little fireball like old Spyro and please some gamers who REALLY like that stuff.

Agree?
---
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#95 Posted: 17:55:28 18/07/2010
Hmmm, I think I agree. The perfect Spyro for me would be classic, sand-box Spyro levels with a bit of combat (SpyroLUVA) and TEN graphics. I would bring back gameplay as other characters, like Bentley, Sheyla, even Elora and Hunter. Sparx levels i YotD were also good, 2D in LoS graphics, with funny David Spade comments... Free flying can be in power-up after beating 100% game, like super flame in Gateway tro Glimmer.
If the final boss doesn't have Ripto, Gnasty Gnorc or Sorceress on his name, I would enjoy mix of LoS (without DotD) and StD.
#96 Posted: 18:05:45 18/07/2010
I think the melee was cool looking and added a martial arts-ish acrobatic feel to Spyro's butt kicking. It wasn't as good as it could have been in LOS given that it dominated the first two games which made it get old and it didn't quite work on a non kick-butt character with elemental abilities. Mana bar or no, couldn't a truely legendary dragon mow down enemies with his breath ablities? It would work better in classic Spyro because he had basic breaths and no explosive furies, so I could see him using fancy aerial combat. Also, Spyro seemed to take pleasure in beating up villains, so it would suit him to beat on them with more than one move, so long as it isn't too drawn out.

Now that I think of the furies, they were pretty cool in ANB and TEN, so why not introduce a power up with supercharges Spyro's breath abilities (I think he should have more than one) and give him a burst of energy which he can release in an explosion when he sees fit. I think more movie-ish cinematics and explosions and the like would give a classic Style Spyro game and action-y feel which would fit a little fireball like old Spyro and please some gamers who REALLY like that stuff.

Agree?

No, not really, because Spyro isn't about kicking enemy butts, and it never was until SL went and screwed everything up. It was about finding treasure and exploring giant worlds and not being slowed down just because some stupid gem with legs won't die in one hit like a good platformer enemy.

Most platformer enemies die in one hit anyway, see Mario, Sonic and Crash.

But that probably won't change your mind anyway so disagreeing is pointless.
---
My tips for RP.
#97 Posted: 18:06:49 18/07/2010
Make Cynder and Spyro as big as the gurdians smilie
---
Wow
Such signature
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#98 Posted: 18:20:13 18/07/2010
No, Yoshi, NOOOO!!! Keep Spyro and Cynder YOUNG, CUTE and SMALL!!! Even in DotD they were too mature!!!
#99 Posted: 18:30:49 18/07/2010
Idc I just wanted to see what Spyro would look like big.
---
Wow
Such signature
#100 Posted: 18:32:19 18/07/2010
Quote: Paplok
No, Yoshi, NOOOO!!! Keep Spyro and Cynder YOUNG, CUTE and SMALL!!! Even in DotD they were too mature!!!

Pretty much. smilie

By aging Spyro, they shot a lot of things out the window such as logical explnations for why he can't fly or why he hadn't fully mastered his flame ability. These are limitations mandatory for the kind of game Spyro is meant to be. DotD threw out too many concepts, the addition of flightonly masked how limited the game really was.

Quote: Yoshi
Idc I just wanted to see what Spyro would look like big.

Look in the back of the manual of Spyro 1.
---
My tips for RP.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:33:26 18/07/2010 by Feather Dragon
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me