Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Changing TLoS [CLOSED]
Eternaly Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1092
#1 Posted: 17:09:51 05/07/2010 | Topic Creator
If you could change anything about TLoS what would you do?
---
I <3 UNICORNS.
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#2 Posted: 17:44:02 05/07/2010
Give Cynder a better personality in Dawn, and also do more with Dark Spyro in Dawn.

I was disappointed when Spyro only went dark one time in Dawn.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 17:45:53 05/07/2010
Make Spyro more upbeat and confident, Make Cynder more like her TEN self or evil, make Sparx funnier in TEN, Make ANB and TEN non linear, Make the models for the elders more like they were in TEN and ANB, and make Spyro look cuter, with some of his old self mixed in.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 17:58:13 05/07/2010
Keep Spyro and Cynder young like they're supposed to in DotD, have a longer storyline in TEN and DotD to fill in the gaps, keep in free-flight in DotD, give Cynder the personality from TEN then slowly develop it in DotD.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#5 Posted: 18:45:58 05/07/2010
I'd make sure it has little to no plotholes.
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#6 Posted: 19:15:55 05/07/2010
Actually, I'd make the statue of Malefor (in the temple) look more like him (it doesn't have the tail end, the middle horn is too small etc.) But that's just me being fussy about small details.
I'd definately do something about Cynder's personality in DotD, and her voice acting. I don't mind her colour change because it sort of seems like the blackness is coming away from her, but I'd make her definate dark blue and not purpleish which confuses/annoys the fans.
I don't even mind the age change too much, but I might do what Aura24 said and keep them young and made by Krome. I'd do something about their weight, since Cynder looks as thin as an orc in DotD.
I'd do somethign to make Ignitus' death scene more tragic, and make Cynder sad too, and not just 'he's died, get over it and budge'.
And I'd get rid of those stupid smiles on their faces. They're wierd.
I'd probably change the cheetahs in the Cheetah Village too, I'd make sure there were more oranges and yellows, so it doesn't make Prowlus, meadow and Hunter look wierd. It woudl be more realistic.
I wouldn't change the music at all.

So basically, I'd redo everything.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#7 Posted: 20:56:26 05/07/2010
i wiild meke sparx funnier
---
,,This is where it really ends''
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#8 Posted: 21:33:12 05/07/2010
Scrap krome Cynder. She is a woosy, helpless thing that has no use or personality.
#9 Posted: 21:38:53 05/07/2010
relly???!!!cynder rocks!!!
---
#10 Posted: 21:41:36 05/07/2010
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Scrap krome Cynder. She is a woosy, helpless thing that has no use or personality.

What? Krome Cynder is better than DotD Cynder fantards constantly drool over.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#11 Posted: 22:00:53 05/07/2010
^ This.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#12 Posted: 22:13:00 05/07/2010
Quote: Aura24

Yes, I agree. Cynder even looked cuter in TEN...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#13 Posted: 04:02:16 06/07/2010
  • Keep Spyro, Sparx and Cynder young in DoTD
  • Make them siblings
  • Make the storyline less cliche
  • Make the games darker and more tragic(Not much)
  • Make combat system better
  • Give them better breaths
  • Make it harder to upgrade elements(But not in TEN)
  • Put in more collectibles and modes
  • Make a longer storyline
  • Tweak with some parts of the storyline
  • Character skins

Pretty much everything...
#14 Posted: 21:11:35 06/07/2010

No, DOTD Cynder is better. There is only 1 cute and good picture of krome Cynder when there are loads of DOTD Cynder.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8537
#15 Posted: 21:12:38 06/07/2010
^What was that picture?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Eternaly Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1092
#16 Posted: 22:16:31 06/07/2010 | Topic Creator
i like DoTD Cynder
---
I <3 UNICORNS.
#17 Posted: 22:57:51 06/07/2010

No, DOTD Cynder is better. There is only 1 cute and good picture of krome Cynder when there are loads of DOTD Cynder.

I thought you hated DotD Cynder, Ice. DotD Cynder is filled with plotholes, and has a voice actor who made the character sound bland. She even looks too skinny than she should've looked like as a teenager.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:43 06/07/2010 by Aura24
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#18 Posted: 04:46:52 07/07/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76
  • Keep Spyro, Sparx and Cynder young in DoTD
  • Make them siblings
  • Make the storyline less cliche
  • Make the games darker and more tragic(Not much)
  • Make combat system better
  • Give them better breaths
  • Make it harder to upgrade elements(But not in TEN)
  • Put in more collectibles and modes
  • Make a longer storyline
  • Tweak with some parts of the storyline
  • Character skins

Pretty much everything...

I agree there too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#19 Posted: 08:11:30 07/07/2010
Quote: Eternaly Spyro
If you could change anything about TLoS what would you do?

[User Posted Image]
Erase it from the history.

That, or change the plot and add characters so it would follow Shadow Legacy's plot instead of rebooting the entire series. Much like how Crash Bandicoot did.

Okay, fine, there's also one more thing: MAKE SPYRO LOOK LIKE SPYRO, NOT SOME PURPLE DRAGON WITH HIS HORNS LOOKING TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:12:06 07/07/2010 by Crashfan25
#20 Posted: 08:30:12 07/07/2010
I can tell you really hate the LoS, Crash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:36:57 07/07/2010 by Aura24
Tufu911 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#21 Posted: 14:07:41 07/07/2010
Longer Storyline, Taking the Flying away, Taking the Dark characters out
( Dark Spyro and Dark Cynder ), Keeping characters Alive, Keeping the Characters the same.... Thats it for me...... What the who haw is Krome Cynder?
---
WOLVES FOR LIFE
darkdragon50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2167
#22 Posted: 16:04:25 07/07/2010
Well, I would fix DotD so there wouldn't be any plot holes, change Cynder's personality back to the way it was in TEN, and improve the voice acting.
---
R E V A L I ' S G A L E I S N O W R E A D Y
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:49 11/07/2010 by darkdragon50
#23 Posted: 18:51:30 07/07/2010
well TEN and ANB is nicer!!!
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#24 Posted: 19:27:06 07/07/2010
Quote: cynder fan
well TEN and ANB is nicer!!!

SUCH A COMPELLING ARGUMENT
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#25 Posted: 20:50:24 07/07/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Make Spyro more upbeat and confident, Make Cynder more like her TEN self or evil, make Sparx funnier in TEN, Make ANB and TEN non linear, Make the models for the elders more like they were in TEN and ANB, and make Spyro look cuter, with some of his old self mixed in.

completely agree.
spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#26 Posted: 03:18:58 09/07/2010
i would make the game longer, better replayability(first time i played i completed in 5 hours) even out the difficulty more(the only map that was difficult was burning lands and that was VERY hard, the only map i have to use cheats on), more collectables, hide things better, game modes, better combat system(its just spam grab and the enemy is dead), make furys for every element
---
Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#27 Posted: 13:08:03 11/07/2010
A lot of things.

1. Make is less serious.
  2. Give Spyro a far better personality. Anything would better than the personality he has now, even if he changes to an immature brat.
  3. Make Cynder stay evil. Change her back story so that she wasn't good at first. I miss her awesome dark side. :<
  4. Less enemies please. My god, having to fight around twenty apes all at once every ten seconds was annoying. Reduce it to at least five apes every twenty five seconds. >.<
  5. Make the combat system better. Right now, all you need to do is smash that circle button until you've finished the game. Make the other buttons very useful too, so you have to press all of them, not just one constantly. Poor circle button must have a very bad headache. :<
  6. NEVER make Spyro and Sparx grow up. It's just not the same anymore when a character grows up a lot. A lot of characters don't grow up, like Ash from the Pokemon anime. Why does Spyro have to grow up? I'd rather play as the awesome kid Spyro then the lame adult Spyro any day.
  7. Make it that Spyro can swim.
  8. Make Spyro's breaths better in DOTD. The earth breath was useless, the electricity breath is useless when you're playing alone, and the ice breath was alright. Fire was the only one out of the four that was badass especially when it was fully upgraded. One fully upgraded Comet Dash can send a whole pile of enemies flying everywhere.
  9. One word. PUZZLES.

I could go on, but I don't feel like it at the moment. D:
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#28 Posted: 13:44:51 11/07/2010
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
^What was that picture?

This one:
[User Posted Image]
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#29 Posted: 09:24:06 12/07/2010
GET
RID
OF
COMBAT

My god we DO NOT need combat in a platformer! It kills the pace, it ruins the level design, it's a lazy excuse to make linear levels with no thought put into them whatsoever, I'm tired of beat em ups taking over the kid's games market recently, there were no puzzles, TEN's story was entirely based around combat and that game was tedious just to play, they took out Spyro's charge ability in DotD - yes, they TOOK OUT his charge smilie - to replace it with combat and combat was the entire reason we had a breath limit! A breath limit? On DRAGONS? What the flock, Activision?
[/rant]

I would also add swimming, good level design, treasure-hunting, coop that worked better, nultiple character choices, Sparx as health again, one-hit enemies, power learning that worked like it did on older games and a story that didn't copypaste Avatar (The cartoon, not the movie) and throw dragons into the mix.
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#30 Posted: 13:28:25 12/07/2010
I would change the combat. It either needs to go, or be confined to mini game only state. Swimming needs to be a staple in Spyro games, as well as interactive gameplay. Multiple breaths fine, but the only imitation should be range, and rate of fire.

Also, I would change the whole, Purple dragons bring a new era crap. Honestly this put to much pressure or responsibility onto Gary (← smilie TLOS Spyro ) and everything was just taken too seriously. Also IMO, it seemed like a cheap excuse to make the whole story deeper, is to make Gary's race have: Life changing abilities. Honestly we see it enough in today's action cartoons (Generator Rex), so yeah I would change that as well.

This may be a bit vain, but Gary's model I would change, I would make it look like he did in the Original Concept designs (Look at my avatar for a reference). Mary's (← smilie DOTD Cynder to be precise ) model as well, she is just too physically generic looking.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#31 Posted: 14:15:29 12/07/2010
Everyting.
Bring back:
Portals
Old characters (AS THEY WERE, NOT AS OVER SERIOUS STALKERS)
Old gems (used as currency, not health/energy)
Old fodder (give Sparx his purpose back!)
Mini games (with an LOS appropriate twist if necessary)
Vehicles (also with the necessary changes)
Flight arenas
Gliding (maybe)

Change:
Spyro's look (doesn't have to be exactly like old Spyro, but try to keep a closer image of what he was and at least make him cute and young again)
Cynder (EVERYTHING! Make her less sexy, keep her young, make her like she was in TEN with some appropriate changes in they can't make her evil again, FIX THE PLOTHOLES!)
The Guardians (get rid of the smiles, make the feet les rounded, give Volteer and Cyril more like they were with more lines)
Malefor (make him harder, fix his voice so you can understand him, make him more demonic like he was in the DS version give him a better death)
Emotional scenes (NO I love you! A better death for Iggy. Give Cynder and Spyro the guts/balls to fight when the only young dragon they know has gone evil and is trying to kill them. Don't leave Sparx behind; he's been there since the start and gone through plenty of dangerous things, he can handle fire.)
Make Spyro and Cynder siblings
Make it more humorous in DotD
Fix all plotholes
Fix the limitations of the flight or bring back gliding

Add:
Color (at least to TEN)
---
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#32 Posted: 17:58:38 12/07/2010
)
Cynder (EVERYTHING! Make her less sexy, keep her young, make her like she was in TEN with some appropriate changes in they can't make her evil again, FIX THE PLOTHOLES!)

Excuse me, but... Whut?

Cynder's SEXY?!

I... I really don't know... I mean, Rouge the Bat from Sonic is sexy, and I think Coco from the later Crash Bandicoot games is too, and, well, Elora and Bianca possibly also, but Cynder??
Never thought of that...
#33 Posted: 18:52:56 12/07/2010
It doesn't need boobs to 'interest' men. smilie

The shape of her body, her legs are slender, with sharp lines for emphasis on the 'deadly' factor, her petite shape in general, along with her eyes, her fierce and feminine expression, the way that she moves. Men find that feminine form of walking and the precision in her steps attractive. I don't know why, it has to do with that wild attraction.

That's how I understand it, anyway. I actually know more about this subject than anyone else wants to. smilie Truthfully the problem comes from trying to make them more dragonic, which takes away the cute feeling. It's been going in this direction since aHT anyway. They should take some advice from the American/European models for the GBA manuals. Those were pretty accurate to a modernized appearance.
---
My tips for RP.
#34 Posted: 18:52:58 12/07/2010
NO! No, I meant make her less sexy in the eyes of her fantards and the furverts. I do NOT think she's sexy! Ugh! No, just no!
---
#35 Posted: 19:12:37 12/07/2010
Neither do most of us. DotD Cynder's design was the one who set those fantards off when EL designed her to look like that.
---
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#36 Posted: 19:15:53 12/07/2010
Too lazy to type, I'll list them in a video
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#37 Posted: 20:12:32 12/07/2010
add more females
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#38 Posted: 00:00:22 13/07/2010
^yes! And young dragons and dragonesses of Spyro and Cynder's Age.
---
#39 Posted: 03:50:12 13/07/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon
GET
RID
OF
COMBAT

My god we DO NOT need combat in a platformer! It kills the pace, it ruins the level design, it's a lazy excuse to make linear levels with no thought put into them whatsoever, I'm tired of beat em ups taking over the kid's games market recently, there were no puzzles, TEN's story was entirely based around combat and that game was tedious just to play, they took out Spyro's charge ability in DotD - yes, they TOOK OUT his charge :( - to replace it with combat and combat was the entire reason we had a breath limit! A breath limit? On DRAGONS? What the flock, Activision?
[/rant]

I would also add swimming, good level design, treasure-hunting, coop that worked better, nultiple character choices, Sparx as health again, one-hit enemies, power learning that worked like it did on older games and a story that didn't copypaste Avatar (The cartoon, not the movie) and throw dragons into the mix.

I agree. :3

Heck everything in TLOS needs changing. xD
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#40 Posted: 07:01:40 13/07/2010
I think they should tone the combat down alot instead of get rid of it, it does give the game abit more intresting as long as no blood is made then I say just tone it down, like keep the combat but put a good percentage of it like some combat but dont make the whole game a combat style game, it does take away the beauty of the levels, but dont make it boring where all I do is scorch and flame add some combos in there too with elemental breathes doing most of the work as well. Add more puzzles more free roam because I bet many people who played it felt trapped to only have to go to where you were suppose to go and not where you wanted too go. There were many levels of avalar and the burned lands I wanted to keep exploring still. Free roam and make it 3 times as long as DOTD it was way too short i beat it in one day and I only play racing games, if I beat it in ine day then thats bad.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#41 Posted: 10:48:29 13/07/2010
Oh! And bring back Speedways and Skill Points. :D
---
claw Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#42 Posted: 13:44:25 13/07/2010
Destroy it.
---
No signature for you!
#43 Posted: 15:32:15 13/07/2010
Quote: S240sx24
I think they should tone the combat down alot instead of get rid of it, it does give the game abit more intresting as long as no blood is made then I say just tone it down, like keep the combat but put a good percentage of it like some combat but dont make the whole game a combat style game, it does take away the beauty of the levels, but dont make it boring where all I do is scorch and flame add some combos in there too with elemental breathes doing most of the work as well. Add more puzzles more free roam because I bet many people who played it felt trapped to only have to go to where you were suppose to go and not where you wanted too go. There were many levels of avalar and the burned lands I wanted to keep exploring still. Free roam and make it 3 times as long as DOTD it was way too short i beat it in one day and I only play racing games, if I beat it in ine day then thats bad.

Are you saying the older games weren't interesting because there was no combat, or that it just makes them more interesting to have it outside of minigame stages?
---
My tips for RP.
#44 Posted: 18:01:02 13/07/2010
^yes! And young dragons and dragonesses of Spyro and Cynder's Age.

no i meant smilie,smilie,smilie and smilie (mabey smilie ) ya'know cuase is ONE OF THE ONLY feamle
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:37 13/07/2010 by parisruelz12
#45 Posted: 19:55:39 13/07/2010
Yeah, but we also need more young male AND females dragons of Spyro and Cynder's age so it makes SxC less wrong, given that there s more choice of mates and other ppl to repopulate the dragon race.
---
#46 Posted: 20:28:20 13/07/2010
The lack of kids and girls does bother me a little. Spyro 1 is a sausage fest, I think that one dragon in Dream Weavers is female (You save him/her after gliding from the cannon) but otherwise, what's with all the males? It's weird... And what happened to those baby dragons in Spyro 3 anyway?
---
My tips for RP.
#47 Posted: 20:31:11 13/07/2010
Yeah, but we also need more young male AND females dragons of Spyro and Cynder's age so it makes SxC less wrong, given that there s more choice of mates and other ppl to repopulate the dragon race.

i know it woud make S+C less wrong but cynder might need friends that is not a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#48 Posted: 20:34:26 13/07/2010
I get the impression she's more or less a tomboy anyway and probably wouldn't think anything of other women, or would attack them randomly so they would focus on being tougher more. That could be fun to watch...
---
My tips for RP.
#49 Posted: 20:47:44 13/07/2010
it's physiology but the girl's personality got they can do it with hunter they do can it with the other characters
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:13 13/07/2010 by parisruelz12
#50 Posted: 20:48:40 13/07/2010
Quote: parisruelz12

i know it woud make S+C less wrong but cynder might need friends that is not a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the more reason to have more she dragons.
---
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me