Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > A few ideas for the Next Spyro Game...
Page 1 of 1
A few ideas for the Next Spyro Game... [CLOSED]
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#1 Posted: 17:08:18 30/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Ever since AND old Spyro fans have been devestated at the alternative version of Spyro, and also angry. Newer fans argue that they prefer the newer reboot of the series than the old ones. One too many have befanned the newer rebboted characters like the new Sparx, Dark Master, Cynder and Ignitus, e.c.t. So I have an Idea to please all catagories.

Spyro: ????
Now, we know people will be angry if Cynder and so are got rid of. Basically we return to the original series. Spyro (the real spyro, not the LoS one) runs into alternative versions of each character from LoS. This pleases the LoS crowd. Also we bring back the original characters (e.g. the Professor, Bianca). People will create to see sparx loosing his humor so we make the original Sparx talk and have some humor.
Gameplay: We keep the free-fly mode, as many fans enjoyed that. We could possibly keep 2-player, but make it 4-player. The characters?
Player 1 - Spyro
Player 2 - Cynder (Alternative Version, not the LoS Version)
Player 3 - Flame
Player 4 - Ember
The other characters can of course choose their characters and all four characters can be played as in story mode, however in Cutscenes we see Spyro and the other charactr instead of somebody like Ember.
Items: Bring back the Gems! The gems switch to their original form as big, bold, shiney colourful things with stunning graphics and effects and when picked up they should make their classic Spyro 1 sound, the Twing noise. Butterflies as health, but also new additions like Catterpillar and other things suiting it. Fairies and Dragon eggs can be collected reflecting Spyro: Season of Ice and Spyro the Dragon.
Abilities: Breathes. We could do without Bubblebreath, I think. Maybe we could have this:
Fire
Lightning
Ice
Earth (hesitating about this one)
Dark
Yeah I can't think up many more so you think some up and tell me. Anyway, we keep flying and gliding. (Gliding initiated by holding the fly button).
Enemies/ Villians: No idea. Perhaps a classic guy like Ripto, Gnasty gnorc, or an Alternative version of Malefor.

Well, those are some Ideas of mine. I probably won't come on this topic much so think up some good ideas or tell me if you see room for improvement or changes.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:13:07 30/06/2010 by Malefor0001
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#2 Posted: 18:48:19 30/06/2010
I guess that is okay.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
ShadowCynder12 Green Sparx Gems: 122
#3 Posted: 18:51:32 30/06/2010
Sweet ideas.
I have a few of my own:

Spirit as an element
Brand new villans-I kinda get tired of the old ones.
Fairies and Dragon eggs-Really Cool
---
SPYRO HATERS ARE JUST JEALOUS smilie
smilie smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#4 Posted: 19:14:34 30/06/2010
I don't like the idea of having more than one player on a Spyro game, it should just be for a one player. That's just how I would want it to be. We still enjoy the older Spyro games like it, and having more players is just a gimmick.

Items, yes, bring all that back again. I prefer the twinging sound in Spyro 2 and 3, Spyro 1 it sounds slightly different and not as good.

Not too bothered about the abilities, in DOTD, I only ever really used to use fire the most anyway, so having the option to breathe different breaths is like another cheap gimmick.

Villians, it would be pretty cool to have all of them in one game. In better graphics.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 11:13:56 01/07/2010
I have some topics with my ideas for future games. They''re in Fandom.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#6 Posted: 16:15:07 01/07/2010
Apart from all what have been said already:

Spyro : Pride of the Ripto

Plot: Ripto realizes Spyro is merely undefeatable for him, so he dicides befriendship. (is that a word?) However, he gets bound to new vilian just few days before this (I don't think if "ago" will suit here). So, he already knows Bianca, so, by some means of magic, he tells her his decision, and what to do to break him free: Somebody must find "Crown of Pride" and "Sword of Decisions", give these to Ripto so he can literally cut his bond. Ember, Flame and new dragon, Cynder, have decided that Spyro already did many himself, so, they wanted bit of glory for themselves too.

Gameplay: two modes of game, Singleplayer, for any of playable characters, with more or less altered storyline, or Multiplayer with any combination of characters (E.G. one can select all four (or more, if game will have more playables and is on PS3 (Xbox360 can have up to 4 gamepads, so does fow wii, but PS3 handles 7 pads without a shame)), or exclude Cynder, or just play with Cynder and Flame, or else....);
everyone have their own set of 4 (for Ember: Sand, Snow, sharp "Petals" (that things on flowers) and Ashes (hence "Ember"); and Flame (former "superflame" powerup), Glass, Metal and "Heat" (blue cloured fire; from physics, "yellow" is when liquid is in fire, "blue" flame is when gas is, (also diferent colorations for some chemicals, but it will be too difficult then...)) for Flame ) elements and fighting moves as would be for good in their own areas (E.G. Spyro is "Golden middle", while Ember have superior defence...);
Enemies would be like from YOTD/RR/STD, with some TLOS type ones (to be able to defeat them player must go "TLOS MODE" where they do these combat thingys and the controls will remind TLOS more than rest of game, which reminds originals), also new type of "strategive" ones;
unlimited "basic" breath for every element, with "better breath" bar, also element weaknesess for some (E.G. it can also be that in Ember's story (when she is alone) there will be enemy strong againist all her elements, but is uber weak againist Flame's glass, which should be bit bull**** to fight againist), also "powerups" from originals will also include "element borrowing" which will grant this element to other dragons for short period of time (E.G. Superflame, now Flame's namesake element, will "borrow" this element to others) (noticed how the bull****hess mentioned before dissappeared a bit?), and to those who "fluently" have it, will allow the unlimited use of it for a given time;
"levels" like in originals, by portals (now thou're thinking with them); IDKABOUTMORE
---
Keep smile
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#7 Posted: 16:19:54 01/07/2010
Nice.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#8 Posted: 16:24:52 01/07/2010
nice and cool
---
,,This is where it really ends''
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#9 Posted: 16:27:07 01/07/2010
No Cynder/Ignitius/Malefor/Any LoS characters to the original series PLZ.
#10 Posted: 09:29:55 02/07/2010
TLOS characters have potential BECAUSE if somebody will give it enought work, out of mary-sues we can get great, non-sue characters!

DOWN WITH MARY SUE CYNDER, ALL AWE TO NON-SUE CYNDER!!!!
---
Keep smile
#11 Posted: 11:09:17 02/07/2010
I kind of liked Ignitus and Hunter in DOTD, but that's probably about it.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#12 Posted: 11:50:28 02/07/2010
You know what I want for future Spyro games?

Re:Season of Ice, Re:Season of Flame and Re:Adventure. Basically they're console remakes of the GBA Spyro games. When I played SOI the other day, I imagined what it would look like in full 3D graphics.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#13 Posted: 14:21:41 02/07/2010
chacters, wolrd items,etc i'd bring back

• smilie

• smilie

• frogotten realms (i love year of the dragon)

• sheep

• rabbits
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#14 Posted: 16:26:15 02/07/2010
Remakes of the first three Spyro games!!!!
The Gunslinger Ripto Gems: 477
#15 Posted: 16:41:59 02/07/2010
I would remake them, but make Spyro bipedal. Give him a vest that cuts off at his chest to show off his rock-hard six-pack. Have him wearing a broad-brimmed hat with a stylish feather tucked in it and a cloak that shimmers with the colors of the rainbow. Also give him an eye patch.
#16 Posted: 16:50:22 02/07/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Remakes of the first three Spyro games!!!!

uhhhh i don't know remakes always suck.....
---
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#17 Posted: 17:02:52 02/07/2010
I would buy a Spyro game like this I guess. Spyro still is Spyro afterall.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#18 Posted: 17:04:00 02/07/2010
i know but A remake?
---
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#19 Posted: 17:06:23 02/07/2010
Depends on how they did it to me.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#20 Posted: 17:16:43 02/07/2010
What's wrong with a remake? As long as they keep it all the same, maybe make the level areas larger, improve the graphics and sound, what's wrong with that?
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#21 Posted: 17:19:37 02/07/2010
What's wrong with a remake? As long as they keep it all the same, maybe make the level areas larger, improve the graphics and sound, what's wrong with that?

Because Activision would fail... Even if it was a remake...
#22 Posted: 22:04:00 02/07/2010
Well how do you know? Activision haven't even produced a Spyro game yet, I don't understand why everybody is becoming so negative all of a sudden.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23 Posted: 22:09:58 02/07/2010
Activision is known to milk money out of the games they make. They probably won't put much effort in making the next game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#24 Posted: 22:13:07 02/07/2010
It's so random that Activision have randomly bought the rights to Spyro and Crash, I just hope that there will be more Spyro games. No matter what they are, it will still be interesting for me to look at.

Heck, at first, I was even interested in TLOS when that first came out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:36 02/07/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#25 Posted: 22:59:08 02/07/2010
It's so random that Activision have randomly bought the rights to Spyro and Crash, I just hope that there will be more Spyro games. No matter what they are, it will still be interesting for me to look at.

Heck, at first, I was even interested in TLOS when that first came out.

I wouldn't be surprised that to them, Spyro and Crash is just an extra that they got by expanding their empire when they bought Sierra...
#26 Posted: 08:50:48 03/07/2010
Quote: The Gunslinger
I would remake them, but make Spyro bipedal. Give him a vest that cuts off at his chest to show off his rock-hard six-pack. Have him wearing a broad-brimmed hat with a stylish feather tucked in it and a cloak that shimmers with the colors of the rainbow. Also give him an eye patch.

GO SHI BACK TO B/
---
Keep smile
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me