Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Should They Just Leave it?
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Should They Just Leave it? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#51 Posted: 19:18:33 30/06/2010
I really would like to see the first three games redone in better graphics.
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#52 Posted: 19:19:08 30/06/2010
Quote: Bolt
I made a list of the combat and power things I would like to see in the next game. If you want, you can comment on the things that you wouldn't like there and why...

My choice of Elements are:
  • Fire- That's a classic.
  • Ice- It's seen a lot, can be used to make platforms as said before with earth.
  • Electricity- It's my favourite element.
  • Wind- This element would be pretty handy.

My choice of Powers are:
  • Flight- I love it! :D
  • Melee Attacks- Makes combat more interesting.
  • Co-op- It would be cool for a friend to join you in your adventures!
  • HUD- May not be a power, but in the Original Series Sparx was like the protector of Spyro and the enemies usually only got one hit dead. So this should go for enemies aswell.

My choice of Power-Ups are:
  • Elemental Upgrades- This will go for around 20 seconds.
  • Spirit Crystals- I did love those gems, you should know what they do.
  • Super Charge- That was a pretty cool ability, 30 seconds you should get it.
  • Elemental Tornado- Instead of your normal element, you will be able to shoot out a tornado of that element.

Just my opinion, but your element ideas are cool, but we can do without any sort of combat. The enemies should have one hit again, I'm tired of these stupid fighting scenes breaking the pace of the game. Spyro was originally what you get when you fuse a platformer with a world that's interactive in ways not imagined before on such a game. Generally, good platformers don't have enemies with health because platformers need paced game play to be good, adding all this fighting just kills that completely.

Adding an HUD kills the interactive part even more, it was cool to see something follow you and change and interact with it's world instead of a static bar that went up and down. I can imagine Sparx was hard to program back then and it seems like somebody went to the trouble of figuring out how for nothing.

If anything the game should be more interactive, we have the technology now. More elements with more crazy effects depending on where you use them, adds the potential for some crazy puzzles and secrets that could surpass even Haunted Castle's twisted Supercharge secret.

I want Spyro's flying levels back, note that I said Spyro and not Sgt Byrd. Not sure how flying would work in a Spyro game based off the originals though, that actually sounds like a game breaker, but I would like it if it were a reward at the end of the game to go back and be able to fly through all the levels, kind of like Spyro's fireball from Spyro 2. That way you can get the flying ability without making clever level builds pointless because people will just fly over all the stuff.

I liked the Supercharge ramps, too. I miss those puzzles, they were so awesome. Supercharging infinitely would be a little pointless though, I mean, it would just be normal charging to the game and it would be designed around it which wouldn't make it 'super' anymore. Again, though, as a power at the end of the game that would be cool.

The wind was necessary for DotD, they had to find some way to make players play the game, but I didn't like the flying in general, it would have been better with the old controls but I guess using those would have been game-breaking as well which is why I think they should just limit flying to certain levels with good flight control and then make it an end-of-game reward. (I would actually love to fly around Dream Weavers...)

TL;DR: Elelemts yes, fighting NO NO NO, HUD please no, flying yes but only in flying levels and as an end-game reward so the game can still have clever lever design, supercharge yes but only from ramps and end of game reward.
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:28 30/06/2010 by Feather Dragon
#53 Posted: 19:48:10 30/06/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon
I made a list of the combat and power things I would like to see in the next game. If you want, you can comment on the things that you wouldn't like there and why...

My choice of Elements are:
  • Fire- That's a classic.
  • Ice- It's seen a lot, can be used to make platforms as said before with earth.
  • Electricity- It's my favourite element.
  • Wind- This element would be pretty handy.

My choice of Powers are:
  • Flight- I love it! smilie
  • Melee Attacks- Makes combat more interesting.
  • Co-op- It would be cool for a friend to join you in your adventures!
  • HUD- May not be a power, but in the Original Series Sparx was like the protector of Spyro and the enemies usually only got one hit dead. So this should go for enemies aswell.

My choice of Power-Ups are:
  • Elemental Upgrades- This will go for around 20 seconds.
  • Spirit Crystals- I did love those gems, you should know what they do.
  • Super Charge- That was a pretty cool ability, 30 seconds you should get it.
  • Elemental Tornado- Instead of your normal element, you will be able to shoot out a tornado of that element.

Just my opinion, but your element ideas are cool, but we can do without any sort of combat. The enemies should have one hit again, I'm tired of these stupid fighting scenes breaking the pace of the game. Spyro was originally what you get when you fuse a platformer with a world that's interactive in ways not imagined before on such a game. Generally, good platformers don't have enemies with health because platformers need paced game play to be good, adding all this fighting just kills that completely.

Adding an HUD kills the interactive part even more, it was cool to see something follow you and change and interact with it's world instead of a static bar that went up and down. I can imagine Sparx was hard to program back then and it seems like somebody went to the trouble of figuring out how for nothing.

If anything the game should be more interactive, we have the technology now. More elements with more crazy effects depending on where you use them, adds the potential for some crazy puzzles and secrets that could surpass even Haunted Castle's twisted Supercharge secret.

I want Spyro's flying levels back, note that I said Spyro and not Sgt Byrd. Not sure how flying would work in a Spyro game based off the originals though, that actually sounds like a game breaker, but I would like it if it were a reward at the end of the game to go back and be able to fly through all the levels, kind of like Spyro's fireball from Spyro 2. That way you can get the flying ability without making clever level builds pointless because people will just fly over all the stuff.

I liked the Supercharge ramps, too. I miss those puzzles, they were so awesome. Supercharging infinitely would be a little pointless though, I mean, it would just be normal charging to the game and it would be designed around it which wouldn't make it 'super' anymore. Again, though, as a power at the end of the game that would be cool.

The wind was necessary for DotD, they had to find some way to make players play the game, but I didn't like the flying in general, it would have been better with the old controls but I guess using those would have been game-breaking as well which is why I think they should just limit flying to certain levels with good flight control and then make it an end-of-game reward. (I would actually love to fly around Dream Weavers...)

TLsmilieR: Elelemts yes, fighting NO NO NO, HUD please no, flying yes but only in flying levels and as an end-game reward so the game can still have clever lever design, supercharge yes but only from ramps and end of game reward.

Definately agreed, I wish you were apart of Activision, lol.
ShadowCynder12 Green Sparx Gems: 122
#54 Posted: 19:58:03 30/06/2010

TLsmilieR: Elelemts yes, fighting NO NO NO, HUD please no, flying yes but only in flying levels and as an end-game reward so the game can still have clever lever design, supercharge yes but only from ramps and end of game reward.

I agree with all of these except for one. In my opinion, flying is what makes a dragon what it is and should be allowed on all levels. But, of course, that is just my opinion and I'm not trying to make you change your mind, Feather Dragon.

Also, just a little fighting would be okay.
---
SPYRO HATERS ARE JUST JEALOUS smilie
smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:05 30/06/2010 by ShadowCynder12
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#55 Posted: 20:27:39 30/06/2010
If It's fun and light, I'll play and probably enjoy.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#56 Posted: 20:30:36 30/06/2010
jijkndknsjfnrmjdcnjfxnhjcxnmjbfyhdcbxmznhbnxfnhcdsnmkxbhcnhnxhx bc dkn
get it???
i will find you!!!
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#57 Posted: 20:43:17 30/06/2010
Stop spamming please. No one even knows whay you're saying some of the time. At least I don't.
---
#58 Posted: 20:46:44 30/06/2010
ummmmmm..............nooooooooooooooo
---
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#59 Posted: 20:48:21 30/06/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Stop spamming please. No one even knows whay you're saying some of the time. At least I don't.

Live and let live friend. I know how you feel and I agree but there is nothing we can realy do.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#60 Posted: 20:50:30 30/06/2010
*Sigh* I know. At least I'm getting a bit of a laugh from another conversation I'm having with her.
---
#61 Posted: 20:51:50 30/06/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
*Sigh* I know. At least I'm getting a bit of a laugh from another conversation I'm having with her.

Wish I could say the same. They are just starting to spam my Fan fic topic.
---
#62 Posted: 20:52:38 30/06/2010
Bummer.
---
#63 Posted: 20:54:00 30/06/2010
ummmm.what??
---
#64 Posted: 20:54:14 30/06/2010
Yup. Well as long as Cynder fan cuts it out there wont be a problem anymore.
---
#65 Posted: 20:55:05 30/06/2010
Quote: cynder fan
ummmm.what??

You really don't know what Bummer means? Wow...
---
#66 Posted: 21:26:14 30/06/2010
It means goonro.
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#67 Posted: 21:49:57 30/06/2010
Quote: Ghakimx
@jamieque: I'd like to say tl;dr
it doesn't matter how much you write, people will skip through it. Write what matters most.

Of course, let me just be blunt. There will be some films based on brand new material. There you go. Is that to the point enough for you? A relaunch of the franchise is coming...

The franchise is not ending. Activision might reboot it but there is no info out of my sources on whether that will happen or not. Either way all you guys need to know is the franchise will be revived. There you go, nice and sweet and short. I won't bother to ever again go into detail with a long drawn out comment since it seems to be a waste of my effort and time. Thank you for pointing that out.
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#68 Posted: 21:52:20 30/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Reboot or no reboot, I hope the next game is good.
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#69 Posted: 21:57:45 30/06/2010
Quote: Spyroo
it doesn't matter how much you write, people will skip through it. Write what matters most.

^ This.

And, pretty much everyone knows Shadow Legacy isn't the end of the original trilogy. And I'm presuming you're referring to 'fan made' movies, which aren't what many of us want.

And who are you to speak for everyone?! And I am not talking about fan movies but MOVIES! I wish people would stop saying fan films like it is a bad thing. Let me tell you something pal fan films or in this case an OAV trilogy of films can be just as professional and detailed looking as the crap that Activision dishes out for us to waste our money on. Besides Activision doesn't seem to care about us or the our beloved franchise. So what do you suggest we do about it... hmmm? Well...? I rather a fan make a professional quality Spyro film trilogy then wait around for Activision to do something because Spyro isn't a very high priority franchise on their list at the moment.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#70 Posted: 21:58:50 30/06/2010
^ Yeah, it doesn't really matter what is in the game, it really only matters if it's good.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#71 Posted: 22:20:13 30/06/2010
Quote: Aura24
Quote: jamieque

We have seen no valid indication that thee is a new game in development, it's been over a year since the last one was released, unless there's some new big game in the making that is being kept behind closed doors, I doubt it's on hiatus.

The film was canceled, I don't understand what you're saying about it there. It's not going to be made, there was an official announcement about it on this very website.

It's pointless to try to elaborate on this series anyway, world-building is always welcome but to delve so deeply into meaningful stories like LOS did was excessive. I would like to think the games could be more like the first and drop little hints about what kind of world everyone exists in. There's little story telling you, but you can see it in the actions of the characters, the builds of the dragons, the landscape, the things the dragons talk about and the way the enemies react to certain things, then you can fill in the gaps with common sense and imagination. You even get a glimpse of what kind of dragon Spyro is by how the other dragons talk about him. One quote I remember specifically was "When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble - not that YOU ever run into trouble, Spyro." You can find that one in Stone hill in the little cave-like area with all those chests. Right there is a glimpse of something that tells you about the character you're playing as, and it sounded sarcastic to me so I guess Spyro's a little mischievous.

I want them to build off of the things started in that game, if you think about it the continuity of it all starts at the second game, the first being merely mentioned at the beginning, as if the first could be considered the prequel, but it's never actually built off of. I think it would be an interesting thing to revisit in a future game if one is ever made.

Who 's says I am speculating or elaborating on anything? Actually, there will be a movie... 3 FILMS AS A MATTER FACT! Just not anything you guys maybe expecting. As for the project... the storyline for it has been in development for years now and no I am not talking about that disaster of a retread film that Legend of Spyro 3D would have been. The storyline of the upcoming 3 Spyro films is brand new material with a slight Legend/Original Universe influence mixed in. In other words, the upcoming 3 films are being set up as Franchise Re-launch that will approach the character of Spyro and his world in a more detailed way while maintaining that sense of fun that the original universe had. In other words, the upcoming films will be everything Legend of Spyro attempted to be but kinda fell short of accomplishing.

Why are you advertsing your fan movie again before you get to the point, jamieque? You always do that.

Excuse me but I am not advertising... I just telling you and everyone else that Spyro is getting films based on him and yes they are FILMS NOT FAN FILMS. Please get your definition right. The films went past being fan films a long time ago. And you have a problem with what I am saying then that is just too bad. Because one way or another this info will keep appearing until the films are released. Besides what I have said does apply to this topic so please spare me the complaint. You guys are getting a quality set of 3 films that have cost a lot time, effort and money to work on. At least pretend you appreciate what is being done for you who I guess is a fan. I know that isn't asking much of you.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Yes, it's actually quite annoying.

Yes, it is quite annoying to see how little appreciation is being given for someone who spending time, money and a whole lot of effort on a project for some fans to just scuff at and gripe about. Well excuse me... I don't see you do much of anything about the franchise at the moment. Well, I shouldn't say nothing because so far all I see is a whole lot of flaming here and stupid pointless bickering there. No wonder Activision isn't rushing to make another game. They have probably seen how fractured the fanbase is currently and have figured that spending money on the franchise right now is perhaps not worth it.

I don't agree with that assessment. If I did I wouldn't be working on the Spyro films, not fan films since I am only a fan of the new relaunch version of the Spyro the dragon universe my company is working on... not the current one.

I don't actually believe that user that typed all that up.

No problem because it is all true whether you believe it or not.

If you're going to post about your fan movie, go post about it to your heart's content in the Fandom section.

Would do that but as I pointed out above the films are not fan films and don't fit into the Fandom section. I say that because the films are based on a brand new universal storyline and history in a totally revised Spyro Universe. In other words, the game universe as you knew it has changed forever and that is a good thing. So just sit back and enjoy the coming attractions.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:43:53 30/06/2010 by jamieque
#72 Posted: 22:56:47 30/06/2010
Quote: ShadowCynder12

I agree with all of these except for one. In my opinion, flying is what makes a dragon what it is and should be allowed on all levels. But, of course, that is just my opinion and I'm not trying to make you change your mind, Feather Dragon.

Also, just a little fighting would be okay.

Admittedly, I agree about the flying part, I would love to be able to fly fully in Spyro, but it just breaks the game so much there's no right way to do it without lowering the quality of the game, which is why I think it should be an end-of-game reward because then breaking the game won't matter.

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, I'm only trying to point out how much damage flying would do to a game like Spyro. I see a lot of requests for flying, and I don't think many of the fans are aware how hard that is to work into a game like Spyro without reworking the entire system and DotD is as close as we'll ever get probably. The only way I could see it working is if you have a massive hub world like Oblivion did with different 'levels' where flying was rendered useless by gusting wind, cramped space or enemies/traps.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea - but I doubt anyone could do it properly. *coughsellSpyrotobethesdacough*

^ Yeah, it doesn't really matter what is in the game, it really only matters if it's good.

Well, there are some things that should be considered to be added into a certain franchise. Typically, these things are related to what the franchise started as, what genre it fits into and what it's staples are. Transitioning a game between genres is never the best idea, few games do it well and if ever considered it should only be a spinoff. The reason for this is that trying to bring a series into another genre, especially one with rules and requirements alien to the genre it was previously in, will create a wave of fan backlash to rival a tsunami and other fans of the genre it's moving to might look at it and think "Well, this game is a _____ it really doesn't belong in the _____ section." Not to mention it tears down most, if not all, staples of the series established within it's original genre, and as we've seen 'reinventing' games doesn't sit well with the public.

Mario is a platformer, Mario Kart is a racing game. How does Nintendo please fans? Mariokart is a spinoff and they still manage to not destroy the staples of the series.

Spyro is a platforming adventure game with heavy focus on collectibles, how do you turn that into a generic, linear beat em up with heavy focus on what little story there is without creating problems? It probably wouldn't have been such a bad thing if these were made as spin-offs and weren't used as a reboot to the series.

That's another thing, reboots are something a company should only do if they're absolutely sure it's a better choice than anything they have left - a last resort, if you will - take Sonic 4 for example. Sega's fanbase is so hard to please they probably did it to try to unite it, and even then, look at the backlash that hit that game. But it's still probably better than anything else they could come up with.

Spyro had potential that was never tapped, the reboot was an extreme that should have never been taken to begin with and another reboot won't do anything but tick more fans off and drive the series even further into the ground. I think they should just leave it, plug up the hole it's in and let's all leave some flowers and a memorial for it. I would hate to see another bad idea more than seeing it die as it did.
---
My tips for RP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:03 30/06/2010 by Feather Dragon
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#73 Posted: 23:04:03 30/06/2010

^ This.

And, pretty much everyone knows Shadow Legacy isn't the end of the original trilogy. And I'm presuming you're referring to 'fan made' movies, which aren't what many of us want.

And who are you to speak for everyone?! And I am not talking about fan movies but MOVIES! I wish people would stop saying fan films like it is a bad thing. Let me tell you something pal fan films or in this case an OAV trilogy of films can be just as professional and detailed looking as the crap that Activision dishes out for us to waste our money on. Besides Activision doesn't seem to care about us or the our beloved franchise. So what do you suggest we do about it... hmmm? Well...? I rather a fan make a professional quality Spyro film trilogy then wait around for Activision to do something because Spyro isn't a very high priority franchise on their list at the moment.

Ugh, the way you responded to me was highly unprofessional.... Hope your films are better than how you respond....

And erm, no, I wouldn't watch a fan movie in a million years, no matter how, ahem, 'professional' they are. And I wasn't speaking for everyone, you clearly should read english - I said 'MANY' people, which is as a matter of a fact, completely true, based on the fact that it will not receive the television or theater 'hype' it needs.

Edit: By the way. You don't own Spyro. Anything made by someone who does not own Spyro and all their material is FAN material, whether you like it or not.

All I'm saying, is that my answer wasn't 'angry' sounding, whereas yours was. I'm quite happy to speak to you in a calm manner and hear you out, if you're willing to do the same.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:25:52 30/06/2010 by Spyroo
#74 Posted: 23:11:09 30/06/2010
WTF??are you talking abut????
---
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#75 Posted: 23:11:59 30/06/2010
WTF are you trying to type?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#76 Posted: 23:29:36 30/06/2010

^ This.

Ugh, the way you responded to me was highly unprofessional.... Hope your films are better than how you respond....

And erm, no, I wouldn't watch a fan movie in a million years, no matter how, ahem, 'professional' they are. And I wasn't speaking for everyone, you clearly should read english - I said 'MANY' people, which is as a matter of a fact, completely true, based on the fact that it will not receive the television or theater 'hype' it needs.

Edit: By the way. You don't own Spyro. Anything made by someone who does not own Spyro and all their material is FAN material, whether you like it or not.

Exactly!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#77 Posted: 00:29:36 01/07/2010
Honestly I would probably take a look at a fan video. I put faith in fan projects, not all of them are terrible products of amateur Flash skills, technically the word 'fan product' is used to describe anything made of the character that is usually done for non-commercial purposes or without the consent or knowledge of the current rights holder, but that doesn't instantly mean that any fan product is a terrible one just because it isn't being developed by a reputable company with a budget the size of Texas and a team of 2,000+ employees. Some fans put a lot of work into their projects born from the passion they have for a series or icon. Passion is something I believe is the key to a great product, because it usually entails making the best product you can possibly make, putting your heart and soul into it, it's something some of these companies could benefit from appreciating a little more.

Besides, often it's fans that care more about a series more than the rights holders do.
---
My tips for RP.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#78 Posted: 02:13:16 01/07/2010
@Feather Dragon ^ I concur, commitment and dedication is mostly the two things that are very rare to see in a company. They only care about how much profit they will get from a project rather than making someone happy. I know the world is rough and our finances are not looking too good, but screwing people over isn't going to help the situation.

Fan movie or not, I will be highly skeptical of watching it. I've seen a very bad, movie trailer that bares resemblance to TLOS, Passion of Flame, or something like that; but it was painful to watch, and that was just the trailer.

If a fan can make a decent movie from their own drive, skills, and love of a franchise then more power to you. Its going to be tough though smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#79 Posted: 05:50:26 01/07/2010
They probably should leave it,but I wish Spyro could go out on a high note.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#80 Posted: 05:55:11 01/07/2010
They already created a universe. Why throw it away over some idea Activision thinks will sell well for them?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#81 Posted: 06:06:17 01/07/2010
Heck I would help mike graham and the spyro crew make a game, for little to almost no money. I know the LOS universe can work, if they put effort and time to it. If it aint broke dont fix it, and if its doing ok then try harder to do better, keep moving forward not backwards. I say they should leave the LOS universe.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#82 Posted: 06:13:23 01/07/2010
They already created a universe. Why throw it away over some idea Activision thinks will sell well for them?

Because they're a company interested in creating a product for consumers.

I know that was a rhetorical question, I'm sure everyone knows the answer. A better question is; Why are companies so without passion and drive?

I think the passion for Spyro died when Insomniac sought to break away from Universal because the people who created it and know it's heart and soul left it to someone else who didn't spend time developing the idea. It's another person's / group's idea, not theirs. I think if every game company developed their own ideas, ones that they put time and effort into, we would see games that true passion went into. But right now, it's just old series being tossed around, and who really wants to put effort into another person's idea they probably know nothing about?

It's like if an artist gave up a work of art for someone else to complete. That person would probably finish the picture, but have no idea of the original creator's idea for it, love for it, interest in it. This would reflect on the picture in an obvious way. Love breads passion, passion breathes life.
---
My tips for RP.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#83 Posted: 07:19:03 01/07/2010

Exactly!

I also agree. I would never watch a fan movie. Fan movies are just fake movies, just like how you can get fake games, IMO.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#84 Posted: 07:58:13 01/07/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

I also agree. I would never watch a fan movie. Fan movies are just fake movies, just like how you can get fake games, IMO.

Well actually, fan movies are real movies, they just aren't usually licensed. A fan movie is only a bad thing if the user is trying to make money off of it. Otherwise most license holders don't bother with them because they believe their huge companies can always make better products than, what is usually, two or three people, and they know that people will buy it because of the attitude that "fan products suck because they're fake, this is official so it must be good!" This is a common attitude that comes from what the general public sees of fan products, the majority of which end up on Flash sites like Newgrounds and usually have poor quality, most of the good products are buried under it, thus giving fan made products a bad name.

I encourage everyone to give an individual product a chance and judge it on it's own quality and not simply turn your nose up to it just because it isn't official.

My words only go so far though. smilie
---
My tips for RP.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#85 Posted: 12:17:48 01/07/2010
No. Both series' stories need to be continued. LoS to fix plotholes, original to go on from SL(and for the fun of them).

We have seen no valid indication that thee is a new game in development, it's been over a year since the last one was released, unless there's some new big game in the making that is being kept behind closed doors, I doubt it's on hiatus.

The film was canceled, I don't understand what you're saying about it there. It's not going to be made, there was an official announcement about it on this very website.

It's pointless to try to elaborate on this series anyway, world-building is always welcome but to delve so deeply into meaningful stories like LOS did was excessive. I would like to think the games could be more like the first and drop little hints about what kind of world everyone exists in. There's little story telling you, but you can see it in the actions of the characters, the builds of the dragons, the landscape, the things the dragons talk about and the way the enemies react to certain things, then you can fill in the gaps with common sense and imagination. You even get a glimpse of what kind of dragon Spyro is by how the other dragons talk about him. One quote I remember specifically was "When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble - not that YOU ever run into trouble, Spyro." You can find that one in Stone hill in the little cave-like area with all those chests. Right there is a glimpse of something that tells you about the character you're playing as, and it sounded sarcastic to me so I guess Spyro's a little mischievous.

I want them to build off of the things started in that game, if you think about it the continuity of it all starts at the second game, the first being merely mentioned at the beginning, as if the first could be considered the prequel, but it's never actually built off of. I think it would be an interesting thing to revisit in a future game if one is ever made.

Who 's says I am speculating or elaborating on anything? Actually, there will be a movie... 3 FILMS AS A MATTER FACT! Just not anything you guys maybe expecting. As for the project... the storyline for it has been in development for years now and no I am not talking about that disaster of a retread film that Legend of Spyro 3D would have been. The storyline of the upcoming 3 Spyro films is brand new material with a slight Legend/Original Universe influence mixed in. In other words, the upcoming 3 films are being set up as Franchise Re-launch that will approach the character of Spyro and his world in a more detailed way while maintaining that sense of fun that the original universe had. In other words, the upcoming films will be everything Legend of Spyro attempted to be but kinda fell short of accomplishing.

The Legend film was canceled due to many various reasons and considering all the info I heard from inside sources you guys would have not been so thrilled about the Legend of Spyro 3D film anyway. They were having a lot of budget and various other problems with the film. Problems ranging from the animation company wanting more money and time and Sierra at first then Activision not wanting to go along with the deal. Chris and Mike also kinda got pushed a side which didn't sit too well with them. I am not too surprised about that considering the film was supposed to be based on THEIR IDEAS. The writers they brought in weren't that familiar with the franchise and so on and on. In the end, let's just say that the film is part of the reason Chris Wilson went bye bye when he was reassigned. In other words, all the head butting and disagreements from a lot of the people working on the film project inside the company led to film production that was not working out very well and at the same time starting to have budget overruns due to the film taking too long to make. So in the end the film, which was planned as just the opening first chapter of 3 possible films, crashed and burned. Which is a real shame since there would have been some differences from the game in some ways due to the film using some of the deleted story material from the first game.

And when I say deleted oh boy I do mean deleted because Chris and Mike had to trim out or completely modify a lot of material just to get Sierra to approve of going forward with producing the first game of the trilogy in the first place and that was just the FIRST GAME! The two sequels... well they got trimmed because of all the trimming and modifications that had to be done to the first game just so that the trilogy could get produced in the first place. Which is really a shame. A lot of that deleted material would shed some light on many of the characters including Malefor himself. There was way more backstory and info then the Chronicler revealed in Eternal Night to Spyro. And you guys wonder why the games were so short...

Getting back to the film... As for the film, the writers, that were hired to convert the story ideas and premises that Chris & Mike came up with, were trying to expand upon the ideas of the game but due to the limit budget and time they were given the film would probably ended up not making many fans that happy. I know Chris and Mike weren't to thrilled about how things were progressing. The budget being trimmed and reduced along with all the unsatisfactory meetings and various other issues are pretty much what doomed the film from the start. Chris and Mike had this interesting idea that got trimmed and cut down to being a pale shadow of itself.

Why are you advertsing your fan movie again before you get to the point, jamieque? You always do that.

I'd like to see him/her stop. They should at least note it's fan-made, jamieque's not a mod nor member of any game or movie company.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:18:30 01/07/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#86 Posted: 12:18:41 01/07/2010

no it isent
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#87 Posted: 12:19:58 01/07/2010

no it isent

It is, jamieque is advertising a fan-made movie like it's official.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#88 Posted: 12:39:00 01/07/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Well actually, fan movies are real movies, they just aren't usually licensed. A fan movie is only a bad thing if the user is trying to make money off of it. Otherwise most license holders don't bother with them because they believe their huge companies can always make better products than, what is usually, two or three people, and they know that people will buy it because of the attitude that "fan products suck because they're fake, this is official so it must be good!" This is a common attitude that comes from what the general public sees of fan products, the majority of which end up on Flash sites like Newgrounds and usually have poor quality, most of the good products are buried under it, thus giving fan made products a bad name.

I encourage everyone to give an individual product a chance and judge it on it's own quality and not simply turn your nose up to it just because it isn't official.

My words only go so far though. smilie

I wasn't thinking of that site (Newgounds) at all. In fact, there are many movies I enjoy watching there.

The thing is, regardless of what the quality of the movie is, for me, there is always something missing. As a parody? Yeah, go for it! As a serious movie? I'll pass.
It's not just fan movies - any sort of fan merchandise does not interest me either. Some people would much rather just support the company instead, so to speak, regardless of how bad they might be, in the hopes that they'll make something great.

I agree it's great that people put so much dedication and work into it, but often, it's not what I'm looking for. And with the exception of TLOS (which I don't hate however), there has never been a Spyro game I've been utterly disappointed with. Even ETD was, to an extent, fun to play.

Anyhow, this whole talk of movies/fan movies is getting way off topic.
For me, no, they shouldn't just leave Spyro, but they should continue from Shadow Legacy, seeing as it was left at a cliffhanger.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#89 Posted: 12:43:12 01/07/2010
STOP DELITING MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#90 Posted: 12:50:24 01/07/2010
STOP DELITING MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then stop spamming and you'll stop being reported, it's common sense.
---
My tips for RP.
#91 Posted: 13:32:47 01/07/2010
Quote: Cuzzberry
Honestly, who thinks they should just leave the Spyro games the way they ended? I mean...

Ignitus is now the Chronicler, Spyro and Cynder are together, the world is saved from the Dark Master...

What else do they have to rebound on? smilie

Your guess is as good as mine. I honestly can't think of what they can do with the LOS universe, besides filling in the plot-holes. Others say that they can make one more game to do that but think about it. A game that is basically meant to fill in the gaps of three previous games. . . I dunno that seems to haphazard to me smilie .

Now what they can do is remake TLOS and make them better... Think of it has remixing them. Keeping the ideas and concept but adding in a different flavor and style to it. This way you still get the same events that happened but in a different way (hopefully better), and with very little changes to make it all work. This way we can actually get TLOS in one game instead of three. smilie

Even if they do leave it as it is now, that leaves two series with cliffhangers or with unfinished business. We all know that Shadow Legacy and TLOS fit under that bill, so its all in what will Activision Blizzard do about it?

Shadow Legacy is unknown to me so I can care less about it to be blunt. TLOS well you all know how I feel on that one so off it goes. I guess, what would be a better choice for Activision Blizzard to do is to finish ETD, since it never truly was finished. The game was still in beta stages, never got reach Gold status.

This way the Activision Blizzard can get a feel for what the original gaming style was like and see what post trilogy and new trilogy had to offer and go off from there. But who knows, time will tell all things.
---
My Gallery
#92 Posted: 14:06:46 01/07/2010
EtD was probably the worst Spyro game in terms of technical issues, that game could have really gone somewhere but the hubworld was just too small and there were only nine levels. You fought the same boss three times, too... I'd like for someone to revisit that game and make it a true Spyro 4.
---
My tips for RP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:38 01/07/2010 by Feather Dragon
#93 Posted: 14:27:27 01/07/2010
The level designs in ETD were quite fun IMO. I especially enjoyed the thieves level (The name eludes me at the moment). The slide mini-games were a fair challenge as well. Not to hard, just based off of your sliding skills, sure I died a couple of times but that is to be expected if you don't know where you are going.

The only thing that I can think off that needs to change is the whole Dragonfly scenario. Its the only thing that clashes with previous Spyro games. Instead of making them some Guardian Dragonfly it should of been Sparx's family or something.

I guess its the old switch hero thing but it would have been better IMO. In the first game you rescued Spyro's race, and in this one you can rescue Sparx's kin from some greater threat than Ripto... but alas that is all just speculation and wishful thinking smilie .
---
My Gallery
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#94 Posted: 06:02:18 02/07/2010
Aah yes, Thieves Den is the name you're looking for. I never got that far myself, I was stuck in Monkey Monastery for good :/
I really didn't expect the game to be only 9 levels and then a boss fight against Ripto... I saw my brother beat him once, and then he got so bored with the game that he didn't bother to get 100%.
#95 Posted: 18:13:08 02/07/2010
The story doesn't bother me. I thought it gave a purpose for Sparx to follow Spyro. Doesn't make any sense that a glowing bug just appears behind you when you start your adventure but collecting them could have been less of a pain. Maybe make them caged up or something, why would they run from you?

Thieves Den is amazing, the level design was pretty good (bugs aside), none of the minigames were bothersome to me (except maybe the tank one in the honey level) and the game did play like a Spyro game, it just needed more time to be fixed up, graphics needed more polishing and it needed to be longer.

Also, a strange complaint about the game, but I'm a little OCD. You dont get the gems back from Moneybags like you did in the other games and he shows up once. The game would have worked fine without him, he could have been in more areas for comical reasons, but one time? Pointless.

Also if you use the swimming-in-air glitches, you might notice there's a limit to how high you can go. Why would they program something like that into the game? I'm thinking the game had much more to it at one point, including an infinite flight ability, and I've even heard somewhere that 3/4s of the beta were scrapped due to time constraints.
---
My tips for RP.
#96 Posted: 21:12:07 02/07/2010
Quote: Crashfan25
Aah yes, Thieves Den is the name you're looking for. I never got that far myself, I was stuck in Monkey Monastery for good :/
I really didn't expect the game to be only 9 levels and then a boss fight against Ripto... I saw my brother beat him once, and then he got so bored with the game that he didn't bother to get 100%.

Ahh, Thieves Den that's the name thank you kindly. Loved that level... even there torture devices where made of pure gems... abstract, but indeed intriguing.

The story doesn't bother me. I thought it gave a purpose for Sparx to follow Spyro. Doesn't make any sense that a glowing bug just appears behind you when you start your adventure but collecting them could have been less of a pain. Maybe make them caged up or something, why would they run from you?

Thieves Den is amazing, the level design was pretty good (bugs aside), none of the minigames were bothersome to me (except maybe the tank one in the honey level) and the game did play like a Spyro game, it just needed more time to be fixed up, graphics needed more polishing and it needed to be longer.

Also, a strange complaint about the game, but I'm a little OCD. You dont get the gems back from Moneybags like you did in the other games and he shows up once. The game would have worked fine without him, he could have been in more areas for comical reasons, but one time? Pointless.

Also if you use the swimming-in-air glitches, you might notice there's a limit to how high you can go. Why would they program something like that into the game? I'm thinking the game had much more to it at one point, including an infinite flight ability, and I've even heard somewhere that 3/4s of the beta were scrapped due to time constraints.

As for Sparx, Sparx was always with Spyro from the very beginning. I don't have the source, I think Aura24 does smilie but Insomniac actually gave out a small history of Spyro and Sparx during is first trilogy, I'll try to sum it all up.

Apparently, Sparx's egg was attached to Spyro's egg during their days of incubation. Sparx hatched first and was found crawling on Spyro's egg when his egg was beginning to hatch. During this time the Dragon elders found Spyro and Sparx like this and decided to adopt them.

They knew that Spyro was a dragon but they have no idea what kind of dragon he was. Dreamweaver, Beastmaker, perhaps a Peackepper? No one knew, but the raised him like their own regardless. When all of this was transpiring Sparx must have been just sticking close to Spyro for protection at first and now because... well, Spyro seems to have the knack to pummel helpless fodder into the ground which turns them into butterflies so Sparx can eat.

So Spyro became Sparx's meal ticket if you will, and since Spyro is constantly on the move it keeps Sparx fit and slim.

What gets me is that how can a small dragonfly like Sparx take more damage than Spyro? You would think that Spyro, despite being a young dragon, would be able to endure two hits himself before getting KO'ed.

Oh well gameplay logic and story logic are hard to connect sometimes *shrugs* smilie
---
My Gallery
#97 Posted: 22:28:56 02/07/2010
Interesting. They should have put that in the game somewhere, that's more interesting than EtD's story but strangely reminds me of LOS...

I just accepted EtD's because there's no explanation in the games, but now I think I'll go look in the manual. smilie
---
My tips for RP.
#98 Posted: 22:34:02 02/07/2010
If I may: The reason why that sounds familiar to TLOS is because at first TLOS was suppose to be a game that was before the events of Gnasty Gnorc. It was suppose to be the game that explains where Spyro and Sparx came from, why their friends / brothers, etc.

However, the details to this switch has been kept away from the public. Speculation is the only thing redirecting the concern of why this sudden change was here.

Of course that's if I remember correctly of the events that happen since DOTD came out.
---
My Gallery
#99 Posted: 23:14:46 02/07/2010
If I could take a guess: Writer's arrogance or inability to get more details from the original company. Or budget constraints. If they edited out the majority of the old concept it's likely one of these three.

Aw the story isn't in the manual but at least I have the name of Gnasty's World before he occupied it. I needed that for something anyway. Where did you hear the story of Spyro and Sparx? Is there an archive of these things or something?
---
My tips for RP.
#100 Posted: 23:21:20 02/07/2010
Unfortunately my memory is not as infinite as I would like it to be... The best assumption that I can give you is that I found it on a web article. I believe IGN has the article in their archives. . .

Ah here it is:

Click

This is where I found the info. The Spyro wiki, not exactly the most reliable of sources but nonetheless info that hope can be useful to you.

Perhaps my memory is scrambled at the moment but I got the feeling that it was indeed Insomniac that gave out this info. If the Dragon News Network is still up and working then by all means check that place out.
---
My Gallery
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me