Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Should They Just Leave it?
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Should They Just Leave it? [CLOSED]
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#1 Posted: 18:58:38 29/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Honestly, who thinks they should just leave the Spyro games the way they ended? I mean...

Ignitus is now the Chronicler, Spyro and Cynder are together, the world is saved from the Dark Master...

What else do they have to rebound on? smilie
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#2 Posted: 19:07:37 29/06/2010
Who says the next game will take place after the LOS trilogy. It may go back to the originals for all we know.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#3 Posted: 19:13:11 29/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but even if they did do that, what would they have to rebound on in that situation? Oh gosh, and the last thing they need to do is bring back Gnasty Gnorc for a 3rd time! If they did that I think I would rip my hair out! smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#4 Posted: 19:14:55 29/06/2010
If they did go back to the originals, they would need to design new villians, and yes, there can't be another TLoS game, storyline wise. I would be suprised if Activision do decide to make another TLoS game.

I wonder if it's a good idea for Activision to remake the TLoS trilogy? And go over all the plot holes and all the parts that don't make any sense and improve on the gameplay.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:16:07 29/06/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#5 Posted: 19:16:28 29/06/2010 | Topic Creator
In all seriousness, I think the best part of the end of the series, is thinking up your own adventures for our dragon-heroes. And people do fan-art and stuff and you can just bring out your own creativity.smilie
---
#6 Posted: 19:20:12 29/06/2010
Oh I've been doing that for ages, not necessarily for Spyro, just other things, like song writing and creating my own games/ideas. I stopped it for a few years but now I am getting back into it.
#7 Posted: 19:22:18 29/06/2010 | Topic Creator
^There you go!smilie
---
#8 Posted: 19:24:51 29/06/2010
Not about Spyro though, I was thinking of creating a story on just about Flame, since he was a dead end character in the series and I also think he is pretty cool, I know people say that he is an exact same copy as Spyro, but with a few improvements to his personality, design and impact to a situation in a series, he could be a decent character, so once I have done doing my own projects, that will be my next thing to do. smilie

I have been songwriting since I was five, which was back in 1998, and I have also been making my own ideas for games since 2005, I just stopped for a while because things were happening.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 19:42:11 29/06/2010
Activision shouldn't try and make another reboot of Spyro. That would be just foolish. Of course, Activision is known to make decisions that they think is the right thing, when it's really a bad idea.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:05 29/06/2010 by Aura24
#10 Posted: 19:46:21 29/06/2010
Going back to the Original series, isn't a reboot in my opinion.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#11 Posted: 21:02:36 29/06/2010
Well just think, the Sorcerer wasn't defeated. Shadow Legacy just left off with a cliff hanger. So yeah, they do still have something to finish.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#12 Posted: 22:57:13 29/06/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Going back to the Original series, isn't a reboot in my opinion.

No, I mean another reboot, as in another back story of Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#13 Posted: 23:11:56 29/06/2010
I would hate for them to do another reboot, but I would give a chance to look at it, otherwise it will just bother me.
ShadowCynder12 Green Sparx Gems: 122
#14 Posted: 23:59:24 29/06/2010
If they do make a reboot, and made a new storyline, they should at least bring back the old characters that were left behind, such as Flame and Ember. They have legions of fans just like Spyro and Cynder. If they kept just the characters in the newest game only, It would be just like a continuation of the series.

If they made a continuation of the series, it would, however, be better than a reboot.
---
SPYRO HATERS ARE JUST JEALOUS smilie
smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:41 30/06/2010 by ShadowCynder12
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#15 Posted: 00:01:26 30/06/2010
If you think about it, nearly every long running, successful game franchise is made up of games that have no story relation (i.e. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, etc). That enables them to continue making games and not facing the problem so many others, Spyro included, run in to. Look at Devil May Cry, for instance; Where's the series to go now? No news for about 3 years, because they've run out of story ideas or maybe just aren't sure where to take it next, without becoming awful. I can name quite a few more series in that position. You've just got to find the place where you know it's best to leave it be.
The question is: Is that Spyro's case? I might think so. But do the producers?
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#16 Posted: 00:42:28 30/06/2010
Quote: Cuzzberry
Yeah, but even if they did do that, what would they have to rebound on in that situation? Oh gosh, and the last thing they need to do is bring back Gnasty Gnorc for a 3rd time! If they did that I think I would rip my hair out! smilie

You know, they COULD make new villains, extra characters worlds, etc.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#17 Posted: 00:42:49 30/06/2010
Quote: Cloudtail4ever

Let's hope they do! D:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:37 30/06/2010 by Spyros Dagger
#18 Posted: 01:12:32 30/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, I love ALL of the Spyro games. But if they make another one just to make it, I guarantee you I would be disappointed. Then again, you never know, maybe the producers have a good story up their sleeve.smilie
---
#19 Posted: 01:18:49 30/06/2010
If you think about it, nearly every long running, successful game franchise is made up of games that have no story relation (i.e. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, etc). That enables them to continue making games and not facing the problem so many others, Spyro included, run in to. Look at Devil May Cry, for instance; Where's the series to go now? No news for about 3 years, because they've run out of story ideas or maybe just aren't sure where to take it next, without becoming awful. I can name quite a few more series in that position. You've just got to find the place where you know it's best to leave it be.

I have to agree with you there. Mario is a great game series, and almost every character has their own game. The legend of Zelda, too.

But I don't think the producers think the same way.
---
smilie smilie
#20 Posted: 01:30:00 30/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShadowCynder12

I have to agree with you there. Mario is a great game series, and almost every character has their own game. The legend of Zelda, too.

But I don't think the producers think the same way.

I agree in a way, but then in another I don't. There are times when I feel like playing Mario, a game just filled with gameplay. But then there are times when I feel like playing a game with a story and more of a point. It all just depends on my mood obviously.smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:22:27 30/06/2010 by Cuzzberry
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#21 Posted: 03:53:00 30/06/2010
Most of those games posted are from Nintendo

Nintendo > Activision

kthnxbai
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#22 Posted: 04:33:40 30/06/2010
They should remake the first Spyro with updated graphics, using the original concept art, hopefully not that awful model from Heroe's Tail. Don't know what it is about that model but it freaks me out. I think it's the eyes... But they should do that, keep the old voice acting, maybe polish the music, update the graphics, maybe even have someone recompose the music without completely rewriting it. The music is fine now, it just needs more updated instruments, that's it. If they did this, I guarantee sales will ensue. I'd buy it.
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
#23 Posted: 04:38:26 30/06/2010
And what if Activision doesn't do a remake of the first Spyro game?
---
#24 Posted: 04:50:15 30/06/2010
Quote: Aura24

Then I guess they don't do a remake of the first Spyro game.

Doesn't really matter at this point. I'm convinced the series is dead. It would surprise me if they made a new game, I mean, it's been over a year. Usually new Spyro games come out annually around Christmas or in the later areas of the year. Unless somebody's working o n a big Spyro project we don't know about. The cancellation of the movie further tells me they either don't have the budget which means their marketing revenue hasn't been very strong or they don't think it will generate enough profit to cover their investment in such an undertaking, and if I remember correctly, games take more effort and money to develop than movies, so they probably don't see any point anymore.

I still believe they should just sell the franchise to someone else who could do better with it. It won't do them any good with the kind of 'ideas' they've had for it.
---
My tips for RP.
ShayminSky Ripto Gems: 943
#25 Posted: 05:10:32 30/06/2010
I have a feeling there's going to be a new series... I hope not.
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#26 Posted: 07:38:16 30/06/2010
Quote: Feather Dragon
Quote: Aura24

Then I guess they don't do a remake of the first Spyro game.

Doesn't really matter at this point. I'm convinced the series is dead. It would surprise me if they made a new game, I mean, it's been over a year. Usually new Spyro games come out annually around Christmas or in the later areas of the year. Unless somebody's working o n a big Spyro project we don't know about. The cancellation of the movie further tells me they either don't have the budget which means their marketing revenue hasn't been very strong or they don't think it will generate enough profit to cover their investment in such an undertaking, and if I remember correctly, games take more effort and money to develop than movies, so they probably don't see any point anymore.

I still believe they should just sell the franchise to someone else who could do better with it. It won't do them any good with the kind of 'ideas' they've had for it.

Your point is valid to a point but then again it is also quite wrong. The Spyro the Dragon franchise isn't dead. Nope, it is more like a hiatus. At least on their side that what it is. However, on the film side of the equation, Spyro will be re-imagined with a brand new storyline that finally does what the games failed to do... DEVELOP SPYRO'S PERSONALITY AND ALLOW HIM TO FINALLY MATURE. It is way past time for Spyro to break free of the stagnant mold he is been trapped in for 10 years.
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#27 Posted: 07:39:32 30/06/2010
I'm hoping they will continue with original Spyro...but yeah, they will have to make new enemies up and stuff, which is harder than it looks.
---
N/A
#28 Posted: 07:55:44 30/06/2010
Quote: jamieque
Your point is valid to a point but then again it is also quite wrong. The Spyro the Dragon franchise isn't dead. Nope, it is more like a hiatus. At least on their side that what it is. However, on the film side of the equation, Spyro will be re-imagined with a brand new storyline that finally does what the games failed to do... DEVELOP SPYRO'S PERSONALITY AND ALLOW HIM TO FINALLY MATURE. It is way past time for Spyro to break free of the stagnant mold he is been trapped in for 10 years.

We have seen no valid indication that thee is a new game in development, it's been over a year since the last one was released, unless there's some new big game in the making that is being kept behind closed doors, I doubt it's on hiatus.

The film was canceled, I don't understand what you're saying about it there. It's not going to be made, there was an official announcement about it on this very website.

It's pointless to try to elaborate on this series anyway, world-building is always welcome but to delve so deeply into meaningful stories like LOS did was excessive. I would like to think the games could be more like the first and drop little hints about what kind of world everyone exists in. There's little story telling you, but you can see it in the actions of the characters, the builds of the dragons, the landscape, the things the dragons talk about and the way the enemies react to certain things, then you can fill in the gaps with common sense and imagination. You even get a glimpse of what kind of dragon Spyro is by how the other dragons talk about him. One quote I remember specifically was "When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble - not that YOU ever run into trouble, Spyro." You can find that one in Stone hill in the little cave-like area with all those chests. Right there is a glimpse of something that tells you about the character you're playing as, and it sounded sarcastic to me so I guess Spyro's a little mischievous.

I want them to build off of the things started in that game, if you think about it the continuity of it all starts at the second game, the first being merely mentioned at the beginning, as if the first could be considered the prequel, but it's never actually built off of. I think it would be an interesting thing to revisit in a future game if one is ever made.
---
My tips for RP.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#29 Posted: 08:13:59 30/06/2010
And as some people said, they might make a new series altogether.

It would be cool if the made Spyro an adult. He would have better powers, new enemies and new allies. I hope they include elements in it though because many people enjoyed them. And they should bring Flame and Ember back, there are lots of fans of them out there. I don't really care if they bring the LoS characters back though...

I don't think that they could even make a new Legend of Spyro game. Really, Malefor died, (or got trapped back in Convexity?) Ignitus died and became the Chronicler and the World got fixed from Spyro. It would be cool to know what happens after that though...

The Original Series weren't ended properly though. It would be really cool to see what happened after Shadow Legacy and what the proper effect of the Shadow Realm was. For example, how would they clean up properly. Spyro probably only fixed the minor problems. And were any other creatures affected by it? What will the new nemesis do to effect the world this time?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#30 Posted: 09:02:28 30/06/2010
I'd like it if they stop trying to age Spyro, actually. He works best as a little dragon, I don't think it would be the same if he were an adult. The game would need a more mature feel to it and that doesn't sound like the Spyro I know and love, just my opinion.

I would like elements though. I liked the abilities you could get in the third GBA game, but I also wouldn't mind having the abilities from EtD, except bubble because it sucks and is pointless after beating the game. Maybe replace that one with some plant breath that makes flora grow to create platforms or do other things and give the ability to flap your wings to make gusts of air.

I wouldn't mind seeing Flame and Ember back, as long as Ember isn't talking. smilie
---
My tips for RP.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#31 Posted: 09:09:51 30/06/2010
DEVELOP SPYRO'S PERSONALITY AND ALLOW HIM TO FINALLY MATURE. It is way past time for Spyro to break free of the stagnant mold he is been trapped in for 10 years.

No, just no.

Does Mario's gameplay have to mature? No. Does Crash himself need to mature? No. Does Ash from Pokemon ever mature? No.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:10:38 30/06/2010 by Spyroo
#32 Posted: 09:11:00 30/06/2010
The Legend of Spyro series has ended FULL STOP, in Dawn of the Dragon the ending was clearly made to be a FINAL ending to the whole series, there seriously can't be another TLOS game, that would be a bit stupid if they decide to continue on with it.

I can't believe that Spyro has ended, I mean, he's still got lot's of potential. It's like me saying: "Well, I doubt if they could make any more Ratchet and Clank games" and most of you, if not all of you, would disagree and say that there is still potential there, which there is.

I think the sensible thing to with Spyro is these five options:

Go back to the original series and continue the storyline just after 'Year of the Dragon' and kind of reinvent the rest of the storyline so it's like 'Enter the Dragonfly', 'A Hero's Tail' & 'Shadow Legacy' never exisisted.

-or-

Go and remake the orginial series, updates graphics, extend the levels areas a little bit, all that....

-or-

Continue from 'Shadow Legacy' as mentioned before

-or-

Make another reboot, but make it more decent than the last reboot.

And in my opinion, I hate Mario, used to love it as a kid and play it on my Gameboy Colour but now it just annoys me, with Zelda, I don't own a Nintendo console or Wii so straight away I wouldn't be interested in that. Although I have seen videos of it on YouTube and it looks pretty good and I've often thought to myself, why not make Spyro like that? But then again, I suppose fans would moan about it because it is copying Zelda.
#33 Posted: 09:27:23 30/06/2010
The Legend of Spyro series has ended FULL STOP, in Dawn of the Dragon the ending was clearly made to be a FINAL ending to the whole series, there seriously can't be another TLOS game, that would be a bit stupid if they decide to continue on with it.

I can't believe that Spyro has ended, I mean, he's still got lot's of potential. It's like me saying: "Well, I doubt if they could make any more Ratchet and Clank games" and most of you, if not all of you, would disagree and say that there is still potential there, which there is.

Go back to the original series and continue the storyline just after 'Year of the Dragon' and kind of reinvent the rest of the storyline so it's like 'Enter the Dragonfly', 'A Hero's Tail' & 'Shadow Legacy' never exisisted.

-or-

Go and remake the orginial series, updates graphics, extend the levels areas a little bit, all that....

-or-

-or-

And in my opinion, I hate Mario, used to love it as a kid and play it on my Gameboy Colour but now it just annoys me, with Zelda, I don't own a Nintendo console or Wii so straight away I wouldn't be interested in that. Although I have seen videos of it on YouTube and it looks pretty good and I've often thought to myself, why not make Spyro like that? But then again, I suppose fans would moan about it because it is copying Zelda.

Why moan about it? Everything else copies Zelda. smilie

One feature I would love to a 'remade' game is the option if, whenever you enter a level, if you've already beaten that level, to put all the gems and chests back so you can go back and get them again, it would still say that you have them but just for fun. I wish those chests with the spinning tops could come back, I like finding new ways to kill enemies with them. smilie
---
My tips for RP.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#34 Posted: 10:11:34 30/06/2010
I made a list of the combat and power things I would like to see in the next game. If you want, you can comment on the things that you wouldn't like there and why...

My choice of Elements are:
  • Fire- That's a classic.
  • Ice- It's seen a lot, can be used to make platforms as said before with earth.
  • Electricity- It's my favourite element.
  • Wind- This element would be pretty handy.

My choice of Powers are:
  • Flight- I love it! smilie
  • Melee Attacks- Makes combat more interesting.
  • Co-op- It would be cool for a friend to join you in your adventures!
  • HUD- May not be a power, but in the Original Series Sparx was like the protector of Spyro and the enemies usually only got one hit dead. So this should go for enemies aswell.

My choice of Power-Ups are:
  • Elemental Upgrades- This will go for around 20 seconds.
  • Spirit Crystals- I did love those gems, you should know what they do.
  • Super Charge- That was a pretty cool ability, 30 seconds you should get it.
  • Elemental Tornado- Instead of your normal element, you will be able to shoot out a tornado of that element.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#35 Posted: 10:21:45 30/06/2010
um ok........
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#36 Posted: 11:32:27 30/06/2010
Quote: Bolt
I made a list of the combat and power things I would like to see in the next game. If you want, you can comment on the things that you wouldn't like there and why...

• Ice- It's seen a lot, can be used to make platforms as said before with earth.

My choice of Powers are:
  • HUD- May not be a power, but in the Original Series Sparx was like the protector of Spyro and the enemies usually only got one hit dead. So this should go for enemies aswell.

• Elemental Tornado- Instead of your normal element, you will be able to shoot out a tornado of that element.

Ok, I agree to all the elements you listed, they're pretty cool.

Yes, flight should be in a Spyro game, after all, he is a dragon and there should not be any annoying winds pushing you down, that was ridiculous, at least have a big height limit.

Melee attacks, urgh, they just annoy me really.

Co-op, not really that bothered about it.

HUD? I don't mind, Sparx could be the health or you just have a health bar, not bothered as much with that.

Don't like any of the power-ups you listed.
#37 Posted: 11:33:19 30/06/2010

-or-

-or-

-or-

Why moan about it? Everything else copies Zelda. smilie

One feature I would love to a 'remade' game is the option if, whenever you enter a level, if you've already beaten that level, to put all the gems and chests back so you can go back and get them again, it would still say that you have them but just for fun. I wish those chests with the spinning tops could come back, I like finding new ways to kill enemies with them. smilie

What games copy Zelda?
#38 Posted: 14:06:58 30/06/2010
Quote: Bolt

My choice of Powers are:

That's a pretty cool list, but I would also like to see Spirit as an element. That would be cool.smilie
---
smilie smilie
#39 Posted: 14:37:31 30/06/2010

We have seen no valid indication that thee is a new game in development, it's been over a year since the last one was released, unless there's some new big game in the making that is being kept behind closed doors, I doubt it's on hiatus.

The film was canceled, I don't understand what you're saying about it there. It's not going to be made, there was an official announcement about it on this very website.

It's pointless to try to elaborate on this series anyway, world-building is always welcome but to delve so deeply into meaningful stories like LOS did was excessive. I would like to think the games could be more like the first and drop little hints about what kind of world everyone exists in. There's little story telling you, but you can see it in the actions of the characters, the builds of the dragons, the landscape, the things the dragons talk about and the way the enemies react to certain things, then you can fill in the gaps with common sense and imagination. You even get a glimpse of what kind of dragon Spyro is by how the other dragons talk about him. One quote I remember specifically was "When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble - not that YOU ever run into trouble, Spyro." You can find that one in Stone hill in the little cave-like area with all those chests. Right there is a glimpse of something that tells you about the character you're playing as, and it sounded sarcastic to me so I guess Spyro's a little mischievous.

I want them to build off of the things started in that game, if you think about it the continuity of it all starts at the second game, the first being merely mentioned at the beginning, as if the first could be considered the prequel, but it's never actually built off of. I think it would be an interesting thing to revisit in a future game if one is ever made.

Who 's says I am speculating or elaborating on anything? Actually, there will be a movie... 3 FILMS AS A MATTER FACT! Just not anything you guys maybe expecting. As for the project... the storyline for it has been in development for years now and no I am not talking about that disaster of a retread film that Legend of Spyro 3D would have been. The storyline of the upcoming 3 Spyro films is brand new material with a slight Legend/Original Universe influence mixed in. In other words, the upcoming 3 films are being set up as Franchise Re-launch that will approach the character of Spyro and his world in a more detailed way while maintaining that sense of fun that the original universe had. In other words, the upcoming films will be everything Legend of Spyro attempted to be but kinda fell short of accomplishing.

The Legend film was canceled due to many various reasons and considering all the info I heard from inside sources you guys would have not been so thrilled about the Legend of Spyro 3D film anyway. They were having a lot of budget and various other problems with the film. Problems ranging from the animation company wanting more money and time and Sierra at first then Activision not wanting to go along with the deal. Chris and Mike also kinda got pushed a side which didn't sit too well with them. I am not too surprised about that considering the film was supposed to be based on THEIR IDEAS. The writers they brought in weren't that familiar with the franchise and so on and on. In the end, let's just say that the film is part of the reason Chris Wilson went bye bye when he was reassigned. In other words, all the head butting and disagreements from a lot of the people working on the film project inside the company led to film production that was not working out very well and at the same time starting to have budget overruns due to the film taking too long to make. So in the end the film, which was planned as just the opening first chapter of 3 possible films, crashed and burned. Which is a real shame since there would have been some differences from the game in some ways due to the film using some of the deleted story material from the first game.

And when I say deleted oh boy I do mean deleted because Chris and Mike had to trim out or completely modify a lot of material just to get Sierra to approve of going forward with producing the first game of the trilogy in the first place and that was just the FIRST GAME! The two sequels... well they got trimmed because of all the trimming and modifications that had to be done to the first game just so that the trilogy could get produced in the first place. Which is really a shame. A lot of that deleted material would shed some light on many of the characters including Malefor himself. There was way more backstory and info then the Chronicler revealed in Eternal Night to Spyro. And you guys wonder why the games were so short...

Getting back to the film... As for the film, the writers, that were hired to convert the story ideas and premises that Chris & Mike came up with, were trying to expand upon the ideas of the game but due to the limit budget and time they were given the film would probably ended up not making many fans that happy. I know Chris and Mike weren't to thrilled about how things were progressing. The budget being trimmed and reduced along with all the unsatisfactory meetings and various other issues are pretty much what doomed the film from the start. Chris and Mike had this interesting idea that got trimmed and cut down to being a pale shadow of itself.
#40 Posted: 14:38:49 30/06/2010
(Continued from above post...)

The Legend of Spyro trilogy wasn't initially going to be a trilogy but a single game that was in fact the lost third chapter of the original Spyro universe storyline that started with A Hero's Tale and was followed directly by Shadow Legacy which itself wasn't suppose to be a handheld DS game but a full blown console game like AHT was before it but due to budget cuts well... you get it I hope. Yep, this reboot grew out of ideas and material that was never used for the canceled 3rd game of the never finished A Hero's Tale/Shadow Legacy trilogy storyline. What?! You guys didn't think that Shadow Legacy was the end of the original Spyro universe did you? In case you haven't noticed and some fans have since they noticed that there are too many similarities between the Legend games and A Hero's Tale/Shadow Legacy to be mere coincidence. And that is because Legend is basically the offspring of the those two previous works. Chris and Mike joined the Spyro franchise during Shadow Legacy's development and creation so put two and two together and you got your answer right there.

So in truth I think the real answer to this topic is just another question in itself: Why not just continue? But this time actually do the research and respect the original material when making a new game. Chris and Mike didn't do that much research on the original Spyro and thus didn't understand why the older fans liked it. The truth behind Spyro is that he was never meant to be a destine hero like Legend made him out to be. No, he was hero because he chose to be one. He was basically like you and me, the players. He was just a young dragon, a kid, who got caught up in the situation that was taken place at the moment and made a choice to do something about it. And as a result he became a hero. That is why I liked him because he was that type of every man hero. In other words, he was the hero that lies within all of us that rises to the surface at strange moments when you least expect it. You see something is wrong and you chose to do something about it. It is that potential heroic quality for doing the right thing not because of destiny or birth but for the sheer reason that in your heart of hearts you have chosen to do it because you know it is the right thing to do.
#41 Posted: 14:42:59 30/06/2010
Quote: Cuzzberry
Honestly, who thinks they should just leave the Spyro games the way they ended? I mean...

Ignitus is now the Chronicler, Spyro and Cynder are together, the world is saved from the Dark Master...

What else do they have to rebound on? smilie

ommm noooooooo
---
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#42 Posted: 14:50:54 30/06/2010
@jamieque: I'd like to say tl;dr
it doesn't matter how much you write, people will skip through it. Write what matters most.
#43 Posted: 14:52:03 30/06/2010
ummmmmmmmmm.....what??????????????????
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#44 Posted: 15:19:35 30/06/2010
Quote: Ghakimx
@jamieque: I'd like to say tl;dr
it doesn't matter how much you write, people will skip through it. Write what matters most.

^ This.

And, pretty much everyone knows Shadow Legacy isn't the end of the original trilogy. And I'm presuming you're referring to 'fan made' movies, which aren't what many of us want.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#45 Posted: 15:27:21 30/06/2010
1.cool avi
2.WTF
3.fan movis are fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#46 Posted: 15:35:25 30/06/2010
I don't actually believe that user that typed all that up.
#47 Posted: 15:49:40 30/06/2010

Who 's says I am speculating or elaborating on anything? Actually, there will be a movie... 3 FILMS AS A MATTER FACT! Just not anything you guys maybe expecting. As for the project... the storyline for it has been in development for years now and no I am not talking about that disaster of a retread film that Legend of Spyro 3D would have been. The storyline of the upcoming 3 Spyro films is brand new material with a slight Legend/Original Universe influence mixed in. In other words, the upcoming 3 films are being set up as Franchise Re-launch that will approach the character of Spyro and his world in a more detailed way while maintaining that sense of fun that the original universe had. In other words, the upcoming films will be everything Legend of Spyro attempted to be but kinda fell short of accomplishing.

The Legend film was canceled due to many various reasons and considering all the info I heard from inside sources you guys would have not been so thrilled about the Legend of Spyro 3D film anyway. They were having a lot of budget and various other problems with the film. Problems ranging from the animation company wanting more money and time and Sierra at first then Activision not wanting to go along with the deal. Chris and Mike also kinda got pushed a side which didn't sit too well with them. I am not too surprised about that considering the film was supposed to be based on THEIR IDEAS. The writers they brought in weren't that familiar with the franchise and so on and on. In the end, let's just say that the film is part of the reason Chris Wilson went bye bye when he was reassigned. In other words, all the head butting and disagreements from a lot of the people working on the film project inside the company led to film production that was not working out very well and at the same time starting to have budget overruns due to the film taking too long to make. So in the end the film, which was planned as just the opening first chapter of 3 possible films, crashed and burned. Which is a real shame since there would have been some differences from the game in some ways due to the film using some of the deleted story material from the first game.

And when I say deleted oh boy I do mean deleted because Chris and Mike had to trim out or completely modify a lot of material just to get Sierra to approve of going forward with producing the first game of the trilogy in the first place and that was just the FIRST GAME! The two sequels... well they got trimmed because of all the trimming and modifications that had to be done to the first game just so that the trilogy could get produced in the first place. Which is really a shame. A lot of that deleted material would shed some light on many of the characters including Malefor himself. There was way more backstory and info then the Chronicler revealed in Eternal Night to Spyro. And you guys wonder why the games were so short...

Getting back to the film... As for the film, the writers, that were hired to convert the story ideas and premises that Chris & Mike came up with, were trying to expand upon the ideas of the game but due to the limit budget and time they were given the film would probably ended up not making many fans that happy. I know Chris and Mike weren't to thrilled about how things were progressing. The budget being trimmed and reduced along with all the unsatisfactory meetings and various other issues are pretty much what doomed the film from the start. Chris and Mike had this interesting idea that got trimmed and cut down to being a pale shadow of itself.

Why are you advertsing your fan movie again before you get to the point, jamieque? You always do that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:16 30/06/2010 by Aura24
#48 Posted: 15:58:43 30/06/2010
Yes, it's actually quite annoying.
#49 Posted: 16:11:15 30/06/2010
If you're going to post about your fan movie, go post about it to your heart's content in the Fandom section.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#50 Posted: 17:15:43 30/06/2010
I strongly believe they should go to the classic series. if fans are not happy, then bring in elements and characters from the LoS in alternative forms. It would be newer fans who met LoS first who'd complain.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me