Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Flame the Dragon [CLOSED]
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#51 Posted: 22:29:33 28/06/2010
Nobody knows/remembers Flame and nobody cares, to put it quite bluntly. He's just a Spyro clone, there's nothing different.
#52 Posted: 22:30:05 28/06/2010
no don't close it, that doesn't solve anything
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#53 Posted: 22:30:08 28/06/2010
Quote: black dragon
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Sure, why not?

Got any creative criticism?

YOUR IGNORANCE ASTOUNDS ME

Flame has never been fully fleshed character, he only appeared once in the entire game and only had a few spoken lines. He feels like a last minute add in by the creators, heck even his modal is just a recoloured version of Spyro's

That's wonderful.

So, what's wrong with adding onto the more background/cameo characters?

They don't have much of purpose, they just waste technology and money
Alana-Ne-Chan Blue Sparx Gems: 705
#54 Posted: 22:34:06 28/06/2010
LOL INDEED

I didn't even know Black_Dragon knew what creative criticism was. c:

he's just a recolored version of spyro, so is any dragon in spyro style.

'know it all' ? she only knows it all, causes she actually has a clue about what shes typing about, you on the other hand don't.

SO THEREFORE THIS TOPIC IS FAIL.

[User Posted Image]
---
d(-___-)b
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#55 Posted: 22:34:16 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: dingodile555
Nobody knows/remembers Flame and nobody cares, to put it quite bluntly. He's just a Spyro clone, there's nothing different.

Yes, but my view on it is, can't the developers, go into it a bit more? I honestly don't believe that no one can care about that character. There must be some people who want more from that character.
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#56 Posted: 22:37:01 28/06/2010

YOUR IGNORANCE ASTOUNDS ME

Flame has never been fully fleshed character, he only appeared once in the entire game and only had a few spoken lines. He feels like a last minute add in by the creators, heck even his modal is just a recoloured version of Spyro's

That's wonderful.

So, what's wrong with adding onto the more background/cameo characters?

They don't have much of purpose, they just waste technology and money

I wouldn't say waste, but point taken.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#57 Posted: 22:38:34 28/06/2010
Blackholes_Wolf you are just immature. Posting pointless posts about this being stupid is just immature. If you don't like it then don't post at all!

I like this idea, but maybe Ember could be Flame's side-kick. Flame and Ember could be just like Spyro and Cynder.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#58 Posted: 22:39:50 28/06/2010
I see Alana-Ne-Chan is still being a grudge holder, how sad.

Quote: Fireball
Blackholes_Wolf you are just immature. Posting pointless posts about this being stupid is just immature. If you don't like it then don't post at all!

I like this idea, but maybe Ember could be Flame's side-kick. Flame and Ember could be just like Spyro and Cynder.

Not a bad idea. Pretty good in my opinion actually.
#59 Posted: 22:39:58 28/06/2010

Im allowed to post

^________^
#60 Posted: 22:40:07 28/06/2010

that's even dumber that the OP.
---
d(-___-)b
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:34 28/06/2010 by Alana-Ne-Chan
#61 Posted: 22:40:28 28/06/2010
Thanks.
---
#62 Posted: 22:41:06 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator

Oh yay! Finally, an interesting worthwhile comment.

Yeah, but I don't want any of that 'love' thing going on, if you get what I mean. When it's Spyro and Flame, there can't be any love going on, otherwise that would just been plain wrong.
#63 Posted: 22:41:38 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator

Im allowed to post

^________^

Yes, what ashame.
#64 Posted: 22:42:43 28/06/2010
Thanks.

No problem.
Also ignore them please. Same with you, SuperSpyroFan. It's just text, it's not like they can come and tape you down and make you listen to them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:22 28/06/2010 by black dragon
#65 Posted: 22:43:27 28/06/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Im allowed to post

^________^

Yes, what ashame.

TRULY ISN'T IT?
#66 Posted: 22:45:24 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks.

No problem.
Also ignore them please. Same with you, SuperSpyroFan. It's just text, it's not like they can come and tape you down and make you listen to them.

Wow, thanks for the advice, how polite of you. smilie Thank you for making me realise that. All I'm doing is just wasting my time replying to them, all I'm doing is feeding them, I don't think they have much of a life.
#67 Posted: 22:45:38 28/06/2010
I see Alana-Ne-Chan is still being a grudge holder, how sad.

Not a bad idea. Pretty good in my opinion actually.

Grudge against who? you? I hardly think so. theres nothing there to hold a grudge against.

also why would they waste time and money? investing in old characters that are just recolors? it would sever them no actual outcome.

Thanks.

No problem.

Wow, thanks for the advice, how polite of you. smilie Thank you for making me realise that. All I'm doing is just wasting my time replying to them, all I'm doing is feeding them, I don't think they have much of a life.

No there is only idiots like yourself out there.
---
d(-___-)b
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:48:19 28/06/2010 by Alana-Ne-Chan
#68 Posted: 22:46:59 28/06/2010

Yes, but my view on it is, can't the developers, go into it a bit more? I honestly don't believe that no one can care about that character. There must be some people who want more from that character.

But there's nothing else to him. He's just another dragon from the same village as Spyro but unlike Spyro, he isn't special. He's just normal. He clearly doesn't embark on any exciting adventures worth making a video game about.

Simply put, Flame is a LOOZER! A goonro!
#69 Posted: 22:47:22 28/06/2010
Thanks.

No problem.

Wow, thanks for the advice, how polite of you. :) Thank you for making me realise that. All I'm doing is just wasting my time replying to them, all I'm doing is feeding them, I don't think they have much of a life.

More than you
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#70 Posted: 22:47:45 28/06/2010

Yeah, but I don't want any of that 'love' thing going on, if you get what I mean. When it's Spyro and Flame, there can't be any love going on, otherwise that would just been plain wrong.

Wait a minute lets not rule anything out! I can imagen Flame becoming realy attached to Spyro as a brother but Spyro getting the wrong message. smilie

However with nearly all kids shows, romance is probably going to be there. In fact it is mostly interspecies. I blame Disney.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#71 Posted: 22:47:59 28/06/2010
oh i'm sure they have lots of life!
#72 Posted: 22:48:37 28/06/2010
Quote: Tibs

Wait a minute lets not rule anything out! I can imagen Flame becoming realy attached to Spyro as a brother but Spyro getting the wrong message. smilie

However with nearly all kids shows, romance is probably going to be there. In fact it is mostly interspecies. I blame Disney.

Homosexual dragon romance? Not gonna happen chuck.
#73 Posted: 22:49:12 28/06/2010
Thanks.

No problem.

Wow, thanks for the advice, how polite of you. :) Thank you for making me realise that. All I'm doing is just wasting my time replying to them, all I'm doing is feeding them, I don't think they have much of a life.

No problem, glad to help.
Actually, I think a bit of what helped was the whole "words can't hurt you." stamp I saw on DA. It was related to chains, but it was still very useful.
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#74 Posted: 22:49:40 28/06/2010

I mean just think about it, I thought it was rather funny. I in no way was serious.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#75 Posted: 22:49:59 28/06/2010
oh i'm sure they have lots of life!

Thats what video games are for! C:
---
d(-___-)b
#76 Posted: 22:50:22 28/06/2010
Yeah, just ignore them and they will go away to find another topic to be stupid at.
---
#77 Posted: 22:50:28 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I think that both Ember and Flame have potential, it's like going back to the days of Insomniac when they first had an idea to create Spyro, someone could have easily turned around and said "Oh well, he's nothing special, just a purple dragon and that's it" See what I mean? And now look at Spyro.
#78 Posted: 22:50:53 28/06/2010

Wait a minute lets not rule anything out! I can imagen Flame becoming realy attached to Spyro as a brother but Spyro getting the wrong message. :P

I mean just think about it, I thought it was rather funny. I in no way was serious.

I agree, it did seem funny.
#79 Posted: 22:51:41 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, just ignore them and they will go away to find another topic to be stupid at.

Thank you for your support.
#80 Posted: 22:51:41 28/06/2010
I think that both Ember and Flame have potential, it's like going back to the days of Insomniac when they first had an idea to create Spyro, someone could have easily turned around and said "Oh well, he's nothing special, just a purple dragon and that's it" See what I mean? And now look at Spyro.

But that would make Spyro un-special.
#81 Posted: 22:52:02 28/06/2010

OHLOL
#82 Posted: 22:52:42 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator

But that would make Spyro un-special.

Ok then, well what about Cynder? I just can't think that Flame is a dead end character, all characters can have meanings to them.
#83 Posted: 22:53:21 28/06/2010
*Now ignoring all idiots*
---
#84 Posted: 22:53:22 28/06/2010

Personally I want more Traveler's Tales.
I agree. You usually start out small, but get larger as you keep going. Says who it couldn't be the same for Flame and Ember.
#85 Posted: 22:54:14 28/06/2010

IM FLATTERED
#86 Posted: 22:55:38 28/06/2010

IM FLATTERED

LOL CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK DEAR ONE.
---
d(-___-)b
#87 Posted: 22:56:00 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I mean, I've seen written stories about Flame on the internet so that means he must have some sort of impact on some people?
#88 Posted: 22:56:39 28/06/2010
Quote: Alana-Ne-Chan

IM FLATTERED

LOL CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK DEAR ONE.

THAT SOUNDS FUN

BTW THIS TOPIC IS STILL DUMB
#89 Posted: 22:56:41 28/06/2010

Well I'm still here...

Why not give Flame and Ember their own dragonflies to help, kinda like Spyro?

I mean, I've seen written stories about Flame on the internet so that means he must have some sort of impact on some people?

Links please. I wouldn't mind taking a look at some.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:15 28/06/2010 by black dragon
#90 Posted: 22:57:07 28/06/2010

DUURRRRR
#91 Posted: 22:57:22 28/06/2010
I'd actually like to learn more about Flame.
---
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#92 Posted: 22:57:48 28/06/2010
TO SHOW ITS STUPIDITY

It's not stupid. This is her opioin, and let's face it. If Flame was more popular, not everybody here would be cold to the idea. I know I would like a spin off game about Ember, but that's never going to happen, since most of the fanbase hates her and no company would make any money from the game. That's problay the case with Flame too. Go around and fetch more Flame fans, then try suggesting this again!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:28 28/06/2010 by ignitusforever
#93 Posted: 22:58:16 28/06/2010
But there's nothing more to learn about him, he's just a friggin red Spyro palette swap last minute addition character who has absolutely no value at all!!!!!!!!!!
#94 Posted: 22:58:18 28/06/2010
I totally agree, Fireball. His personality seemed rather interesting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:36 28/06/2010 by black dragon
#95 Posted: 22:59:01 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator

Well I'm still here...

Sorry, no proof, it was way back in 2007 to 2008 when I was interested in reading about fan fics. Maybe if you search the internet you may find some with Flame in it?
#96 Posted: 22:59:20 28/06/2010
FLAME IS SUCH A BREAKTHROUGH IN TERMS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
#97 Posted: 23:00:20 28/06/2010 | Topic Creator
But there's nothing more to learn about him, he's just a friggin red Spyro palette swap last minute addition character who has absolutely no value at all!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know that, but the character could have potential by giving him more of a personality and changing his design.
#98 Posted: 23:01:10 28/06/2010
LOL SHALL I CALL A WAAABALAMCE DEAR SIR? AS THIS IS JUST A VERY SAD DREAM OF YOURS.

lets put it simply in a logical term c:...

if a company was to re-vest in a game, the game costs money, and there fore creating a spin off of a spyro game would not generate any income for the company, which means the company is wasting money by creating games that far and few between would play and this would be bad for the company as they could go in to bankruptcy? Get it? No then your truly thick. LOL
---
d(-___-)b
#99 Posted: 23:01:38 28/06/2010

Yes, I know that, but the character could have potential by giving him more of a personality and changing his design.

OH YES THAT 1 MINUTE APPEARANCE SHOWED SOME GREAT POTENTIAL
#100 Posted: 23:01:49 28/06/2010

Well I'm still here...

Sorry, no proof, it was way back in 2007 to 2008 when I was interested in reading about fan fics. Maybe if you search the internet you may find some with Flame in it?

I wasn't asking for proof. I was interested in the stories themselves.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me