Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Who loves Cynder [CLOSED]
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8537
#51 Posted: 13:01:54 11/06/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan
^Finally someone else sticking up for Cynder.Cynder is my second favorite character for TLoS,and I dont like all the bad things people say about her.

Yea! Give justice to Cynder! Woo!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#52 Posted: 13:32:16 11/06/2010
Being controlled by the dark master is easily ruled out by Mary's ( ←smilie ) inexplicably new ability to walk right out of his control smilie . However, most characters in TLOS can all be sues do to poor writing, which is the main culprit in the TLOS tirade. Not only that, but how this story was written, doesn't give the readers, or viewers much of a choice but to either, bluntly despise the characters, or give into the spoon fed story smilie .

Perhaps if the writers didn't try to force me to feel sorry for the characters, or feel happy for them I wouldn't be so exasperated at the thought. I don't 100% hate Cynder, to be honest, she is my favorite, heck I'll even say that she is the best boss in this entire tirade smilie .

Why?

• She has the most moves
  • Takes four bars of health to defeat her
  • There are two ways that you can fall off the area where you fight her
  • Her strength is fair but if you get too cocky your dead (Unlike Gaul and Malefor who are way overpowered smilie )
  • She gives the most aggressive advance towards you (Gual simply walks to you, Cynder literally looks like she's going on the hunt and your the prey, Malefor stays in one spot and jets off to another and does the same thing over and over and over).

Allow me to back peddle here, because I get the feeling some of you are confused. Cynder is the name that I use when I'm referring to ANB and TEN Cynder. . . Mary is the name that I use when I'm referring to DOTD Cynder.

Now, if you really want a sue that I can't stand in this triad its Gary (← smilie ). I use this name throughout the entire tirade, this is the name that I use for the purple crocodile that you control in this game series (IE Spyro). Hardly, and I mean hardly anything bad happens to him, and if it does, he somehow overcomes that problem with little to no effort... ugh.

But back to Cynder / Mary... Cynder only gets a free pass from the Sue'ness because, unfortunately we don't get much of her in both ANB and TEN... so her sudden attitude change in TEN is ruled out because we don't see her as often, however we know that she is quite tactful as she was trying to come up with a plan to escape both times when we meet up with her after the temple.

Mary, does prove to be tactful, but her sudden willful, or spark of life is simply out shined by Gary who more than likely gets more praise for ideas that weren't his smilie . Not to mention that her strong feelings for Gary turned into an unsung relationship which really dowsed her character even more...

Nonetheless, Cynder could have been such a wonderful character, independent, strong, kind, heck even anti-hero type character but instead we get Mary... just the self-doubting, toothpick with basketballs attached, girlfriend, who is only there to add a not so needed love interest into a poorly written story.

Perhaps those that call Cynder a Mary-sue is because they don't like the direction of her character has taken, or maybe they don't like Cynder in general *shrugs*... despite that, its their opinion, getting offended/angered/insulted by it isn't going to make the situation any better.

Well that's my two cent rant for ya... hopefully that shed's a little light on the situation.

for info on Mary-sues go here
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:07 11/06/2010 by Zackeio
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#53 Posted: 13:53:29 11/06/2010
^Ok,it's not people's opinions about Cynder that get me mad.It just gets annoying becuase some people rant on and on about how much they hate her.There is also the people who seem to feel the need to say they are going to murder her and I have even seen rude comments posted about her.Final points is:I'm fine if some people dont like Cynder but there is such a thing as taking it too far.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#54 Posted: 13:55:39 11/06/2010
^ Yea! Like I said before! Give justic to Cynder!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#55 Posted: 14:03:23 11/06/2010
If that's the case, then its just as equally fair for those who don't favor her, to get exasperated by those who take it too far in the sense of liking her. There are those kinds of knuckleheads that take their favor of Cynder to extreme levels which is by far, depraved and disturbing on both fronts.

Some call this white-knighting, some call it being perverted, and some turn a blind eye. Despite this, zealots on both sides of the party are not necessary, and it will only cause more frivolous arguments over a fictional character that doesn't exist smilie .

I guess I just get too vexed by those who do like Cynder and provide such little effort to actually prove on why they like her. I guess I just expect those who do like her to give out more of a reason than just simply liking a couple of things about her and ignore the rest of her... which IMO is unfair.

I can't honestly say that I never met a Cynder fan who likes her for who she is (pros and cons included) and or respects others disapproval of her... *shakes head and sighs* no matter, their opinion is their opinion, as long as it doesn't boil over out of control, then there should be no reason for alarm smilie .
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:34 11/06/2010 by Zackeio
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#56 Posted: 14:04:42 11/06/2010
I don't find the whole Mary-sue excuse to be valid
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#57 Posted: 14:24:55 11/06/2010
Quote: Levi
Quote: Spyroo
Quote: Darby
I love Cynder in all of her forms, including ANB, TEN, and DotD. Nothings wrong with her, and it ticks me off when people call her "Mary Sue". Really, that name or whatever is really overused. It's just thrown around. And nobody backs it up with reasoning.

I have rarely used the word myself, but even I use it for Cynder. I don't 'hate' her completely, I just think she's a bit overrated.

My personal reasons being that she always seems to know what to do in a situation, she's always 'Oh noes it's all my fault I have to leave etc', she's forgiven instantly by everyone (I know it wasn't her fault, but in other series with the same storyline, there have been several characters still wary of them).

You can argue some of it, but then people can argue those complaints too. I'm quite a bad explainer, but she does indeed fit under several areas where mary sues are known for.

I do understand what your saying there, you make some good points, but do you understand why spyro, ingitous, or the other characters in the series instantly forgive her? she has had a bad past of being malefor's slave, and if cynder regrets her past life and blames everything on herself, let her, it was ALMOST all her fault anyway in the games, not all of it, but some of it. I hope you understood what i just said

Your friend: Levi

I do understand where you're coming from, but that's the whole point - You're made to feel sorry for her.

But I do understand, and I do respect your (and other Cynder fans'!) opinions smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#58 Posted: 14:39:35 11/06/2010
Quote: shorty
I think that maybe Cynder should have been neutral,not deciding her side. I think,for one,in a game you could rotate her appearances and switch which dragons appeared,like switching between Ember,Flame and Cynder during different levels,depending on the place.

Wasn't she kind of neutral in Eternal Night?
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#59 Posted: 15:24:36 11/06/2010
You got a point.

That's pretty much the reason why I only pretty much like her.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#60 Posted: 15:46:37 11/06/2010
She's okay.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#61 Posted: 02:46:45 12/06/2010
Quote: Kariana
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Quote: Kariana
I support Krome Cynder (Cynder from New Beginning and Eternal Night). She had such a great personality and great design in the first two. I love the old Cynder:D.I didn't like her in Dawn of the Dragon though. No offence.

Same here. Krome Cynder FTW.

DOTD Cynder is just some overrated, underweight marry-sue. She is to perfect and she has no faults.

And another thing you forgot, she had a mean additude in DOTD, and in the first two games she was so sweet. I miss the old Cynder D:

I agree. I wish she didn't had that personality change.

She went from confused and sweet to sassy and sarcastic.

Every time she made a snappy remark in DOTD, I grinned my teeth (not literally. If I did, then my teeth would be all ruined). There wasn't much, but it was enough to make me think she wasn't the real Cynder.

"What is your problem!?"
"Why should you lead?"
"Hey this reunion is really touching and everything, but should we be going, unless you want for that thing to climb back up. I'd hate to think what it might do to Sparx."
"Twist what? It's magic!"
"Keep it up Sparx! I think It's working!"
"Well, it's not like I've really had much of a choice in the matter, seeing as how we're stuck together.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#62 Posted: 03:10:39 12/06/2010
I miss the old Cynder too. It didn't make sense for the producers to suddenly make her sassy without any explanation. They should've kept her old personality even if they did switch game developers.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cynderfan1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1098
#63 Posted: 10:34:44 12/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Hey I like the old and New Cynder and I love her in all three games but I really love her in Dawn of the Dragon.
---
I am Daring Do the worlds best treasure hunter.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#64 Posted: 11:01:14 12/06/2010
People are asking, "Hey, what's so bad about DOTD Cynder!?". Well, what I want to know is, what is so GREAT about DOTD Cynder? What makes people love her so much.

Heck, I think I already know the answer. About half of the DOTD Cynder fantards only like her because she is 'sexy'. To me, she needs to put on more weight, and her chest needs to be smaller. Maybe all her fat went to her chest? xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#65 Posted: 13:10:46 12/06/2010
People are asking, "Hey, what's so bad about DOTD Cynder!?". Well, what I want to know is, what is so GREAT about DOTD Cynder? What makes people love her so much.

Heck, I think I already know the answer. About half of the DOTD Cynder fantards only like her because she is 'sexy'. To me, she needs to put on more weight, and her chest needs to be smaller. Maybe all her fat went to her chest? xD

ORIHIME? smilie

Michiru: How come Orihime can eat that stuff and never get fat?
Ryō: Obviously all the nutrition goes to her breasts.
---
Keep smile
#66 Posted: 14:09:41 12/06/2010

I agree, when I saw Cynder with that big of a chest, I was like "What the h*ll happened to her chest?!". It scared me. I like the young Cynder in the cute and innocent factor but teen Cynder in the dragonic factor(except her chest) and the evil Cynder for the just awesome and dragonic.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#67 Posted: 23:25:12 12/06/2010
Define "love"
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#68 Posted: 23:26:07 12/06/2010
Quote: Apoc
Define "love"

what is love

#69 Posted: 23:26:40 12/06/2010
LOL Apoc!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:20 12/06/2010 by TheFlyingSeal
#70 Posted: 23:28:30 12/06/2010
smilie Ha ha
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#71 Posted: 23:29:23 12/06/2010
I don't love Cynder I LOATHE Cynder!
#72 Posted: 23:31:57 12/06/2010
^Your opinion, what about everybody else's?
---
#73 Posted: 00:27:22 13/06/2010
Define "love"

smilie Very well...

Love is patient, kind, it does not envy, it is not rude, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not self-seeking, it does not anger easily, it keeps no records of wrong, it does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth, it always protects, always trust, always hopes, and always preservers...

1 Corinthians 13 scriptures 4 - 8.

All in all, its more than just a feeling, its an action.

Now, if you want smitten, lust, attraction, romance, or intimacy, well, I'm pretty sure you can find that in the Bible, but in all honestly I'm too distracted to go look for them smilie .
---
My Gallery
#74 Posted: 00:34:54 13/06/2010
Isn't loving Cynder, a video game character, a bit too much?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
The Gunslinger Ripto Gems: 477
#75 Posted: 00:36:56 13/06/2010
I love her in the sense that I'd get her drunk and lay her nicely. Should she lay eggs I fertilized, I'd make us an omlet before they hatched then go on my merry way.
#76 Posted: 00:41:07 13/06/2010
↑Aura24↑
It boggles the mind, I don't know how anyone can love a video game character, let alone a fictional character at that. Something that can't love you back seems a bit... insane.

I can understand favoring Cynder over any other character, but love is a bit extreme.

No matter, if they wish to indulge in such antics, well that's their choice. smilie
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:47 13/06/2010 by Zackeio
#77 Posted: 00:43:49 13/06/2010
Well if it can't love then it can't say no.
#78 Posted: 00:45:28 13/06/2010
Reminds of the fantards who idolize Cynder all day instead of a real woman.
---
#79 Posted: 00:47:36 13/06/2010
Welcome to the internet Aura24 smilie
---
My Gallery
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#80 Posted: 00:51:48 13/06/2010
Quote: The Gunslinger
I love her in the sense that I'd get her drunk and lay her nicely. Should she lay eggs I fertilized, I'd make us an omlet before they hatched then go on my merry way.

Die; you're a freak so just die.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#81 Posted: 00:52:27 13/06/2010
Gunslinger, you remind me of one of those Cynder fantards now.
---
#82 Posted: 01:47:24 13/06/2010
Quote: Aura24

I agree

Why?,I ask you,Why?
---
#83 Posted: 03:33:28 13/06/2010
Quote: shorty
I don't love Cynder in a bad way.I love her in a my favorite character way.
Just to let you know.....

smilie Hmmm, fair enough. As I said before, as long as one doesn't go into zealous or extremist actions, then you won't hear a lot from me. Last thing I need to see is an reaction of the Krystal Fan Boys on the old Nsider forum... ugh with Cynder / Mary I fear it will that much more of a headache smilie .
---
My Gallery
#84 Posted: 05:37:34 13/06/2010
Quote: crazyspyrofan
Quote: Aura24

I agree

Why?,I ask you,Why?

Why not, I ask YOU!
Cynderfan1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1098
#85 Posted: 06:21:41 13/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I love her both in my favorite charater and because I am a fan of her.
---
I am Daring Do the worlds best treasure hunter.
#86 Posted: 01:14:00 16/06/2010
Gunslinger you are scaring me.
---
bacon Red Sparx Gems: 36
#87 Posted: 01:19:21 16/06/2010
AHH!!! *rage quits life*

This is the forum topic in my nightmares.
---
"HAAX!" - Dr. Haax on Haax
"No one says Gaston to Gaston!" - Gaston on Gaston
"Math!" - Ch4r13s 3ps on Numb3rs
#88 Posted: 01:26:08 16/06/2010
I am NOT a Cynder fantard; tis lust not love I hold for the ebon wrym. Would someone who loved Cynder hit her and all that?
#89 Posted: 01:47:18 16/06/2010
^I just dont understand you.
---
#90 Posted: 01:51:01 16/06/2010
Neither did my parents or my psychoanalyst.
#91 Posted: 01:55:47 16/06/2010
Neither did my parents or my psychoanalyst.

smilie

But really Cynder is a bad character and a series ruiner imo. Thank you, I'm out.
---
#92 Posted: 01:59:00 16/06/2010
Cyntards are funny
---
#93 Posted: 01:59:32 16/06/2010
She is a bad character, but she and I could make something beautiful. If I let it live; if I feel like eggs, well too bad.
#94 Posted: 02:09:43 16/06/2010
Cyntards are funny

True dat.
---
#95 Posted: 02:12:13 16/06/2010
I like Cynder but she's not my fave
---
#96 Posted: 02:16:59 16/06/2010
I also like Cynder,but I'm not a fantard or anything like that.
---
#97 Posted: 02:17:59 16/06/2010
The fantards are quite funny
---
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me