Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Messaging Activision [CLOSED]
Phantom 69 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1624
#1 Posted: 23:59:41 18/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Have some of you guys ever messaged Activision about them having Spyro and Crash? It was word about a new Crash racing spin-off game, but it turned out to be cancelled. One of the ex workers told us fans that if we want to make this game happen, we have to tell Activision about what we want in it. Same for Spyro as well. I'm going to message them, but I doubt I'm going to get a message back. That's why I asked you guys have you ever message them before.
---
T.E.O.M.E.I.M.F.: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.
http://www.youtube.com/ThePhantomKing
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 00:13:16 19/05/2010
I tried messaging them, they never answered back. They'll probably only tell us that they're unable to comment about the Spyro franchise at this time.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 00:30:40 19/05/2010 | Topic Creator
I knew it was a horrible idea for Activision to have the spyro and crash franchise. Only God knows when the next spyro game hits stores.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#4 Posted: 00:59:32 19/05/2010
I still say activision may suprise us. It's best if we be patient and hope for the best. Actvision IS an extremely sucessful publisher after all.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#5 Posted: 01:34:55 19/05/2010 | Topic Creator
I also say they might be trying to surprise us, but I still have doubts on activision for spyro and crash, but they are great for everything else. DJ Hero, True Crime, majority of the Spider-Man games, Transformers, and more. I only like Activision just because of those games.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#6 Posted: 07:56:13 19/05/2010
Ask them "How far into making the new game are you?"...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:56:41 19/05/2010 by GamingMaster_76
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#7 Posted: 08:42:05 19/05/2010
I would like them to make more of those "Crash of the Titans" Crash games. And hopefully they actually made GOOD games out of Spyro & Crash!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#8 Posted: 12:13:34 19/05/2010
FUN would be a nice change for Spyro...
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 17:36:01 19/05/2010
Im going to give them a chance.
#10 Posted: 08:00:39 20/05/2010
Quote: Bolt
I would like them to make more of those "Crash of the Titans" Crash games. And hopefully they actually made GOOD games out of Spyro & Crash!

I liked MoM better...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#11 Posted: 14:56:33 20/05/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76

I liked MoM better...

I prefer Twinsanity over both of them.... I didn't like Crash of the Titans, so I didn't bother buying MoM either XP
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#12 Posted: 17:34:24 20/05/2010
You might be surprised, ive emailed video game companies before and they have replied, vaguely answering my question.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#13 Posted: 22:52:13 20/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo
Quote: GamingMaster_76

I liked MoM better...

I prefer Twinsanity over both of them.... I didn't like Crash of the Titans, so I didn't bother buying MoM either XP

Free-Roamingly, Gameplay, and Story I enjoyed it, but Shortness of game and glitchey-ness, [famous line from David Alan Greir and Damon Wayans skit "Men on Film" from "In Living Color",] "Hated It!!!". The new graphics from MOM I wanted kept though.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#14 Posted: 23:21:59 20/05/2010
Where could I get a hold of Activision?? What's their email or whatever?
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#15 Posted: 10:07:40 21/05/2010
Frankly?

I loved the 'Legend of Spyro' setting. However, the main 3D console games were too short and tended to get lost in a number of things.

In my fair opinion?

The Eternal Night on the GBA shows, once and for all, what new Spyro should have been and could now become.

The Legend of Spyro setting has great potential and many points have been left hanging after Dawn of the Dragon. But even before mentionning plot... let us mention gameplay.

The main 3D console games were a huge waste of potential when one look at TEN's GBA version. Namely, a better combat system does not mean that the games have to be so short and linear.

TEN GBA opted for a system that I loved. The game still had a stage-based format but as you progressed through the story, you unlocked moves (AND NOT JUST BREATH ATTACKS, it must be noted hence the all-caps) that allowed you to access new areas. Thus, you would be able to revisit stages, get more upgrades, more moves, expand your horizon. You were encouraged to explore and unlike the original PS1 games where it only netted you collectibles, exploring in that game gave you more moves and more upgrades which allowed you to in turn explore even more areas.

Add to this that the battle system was made genuinely more complex, with an emphasis on long combos and chaining attacks Devil May Cry style. The enemies were also much more interesting to fight ; not only did you see more types of foes but each type of foe, from the lowest ape grunt to the larger monsters had their own AIs. Some simply ran back and forth, others stalked you, and the apes were most interesting as they tracked you, fought intelligently, and worked together to corner you.

All of this made me wonder about one thing...

... what if 3D Legend of Spyro was like this too?

A huge Metroid-like game with Devil May Cry-level combat. Explore large mazes, unlock moves to explore more parts of each of the stages, and take on intelligent foes that work in teams while you unleash all of Spyro's abilities to clobber them with increasingly long combos.

The return of relevent exploration and discovery, something many fans longed for. And the combat transformed into a genuinely fun and challenging venture, instead of the cheap God of War knock-off style we had in the actual games.

Don't get me wrong ; I'm one of the few who liked the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

But still... old Spyro has died. And I was there when the fandom was clamoring to just let the franchise die. But TEN GBA, which was released at a low point in the serie, was loved and had high scores, showing that the Spyro franchise stigma can be overcome.

Will Activision do it?

Will they finally do a game that will honor the setting?

I'm not sure... but then, I had never expected the GBA version of TEN, which was by an unknown studio.

I shall be waiting.

I hope they don't drop the setting too but well, we shall see.
#16 Posted: 11:20:36 21/05/2010
I must agree with everything you pointed out, but there are lots of LoS fans.
#17 Posted: 20:16:20 21/05/2010
Quote: Zerodius
Frankly?

I loved the 'Legend of Spyro' setting. However, the main 3D console games were too short and tended to get lost in a number of things.

In my fair opinion?

The Eternal Night on the GBA shows, once and for all, what new Spyro should have been and could now become.

The Legend of Spyro setting has great potential and many points have been left hanging after Dawn of the Dragon. But even before mentionning plot... let us mention gameplay.

The main 3D console games were a huge waste of potential when one look at TEN's GBA version. Namely, a better combat system does not mean that the games have to be so short and linear.

TEN GBA opted for a system that I loved. The game still had a stage-based format but as you progressed through the story, you unlocked moves (AND NOT JUST BREATH ATTACKS, it must be noted hence the all-caps) that allowed you to access new areas. Thus, you would be able to revisit stages, get more upgrades, more moves, expand your horizon. You were encouraged to explore and unlike the original PS1 games where it only netted you collectibles, exploring in that game gave you more moves and more upgrades which allowed you to in turn explore even more areas.

Add to this that the battle system was made genuinely more complex, with an emphasis on long combos and chaining attacks Devil May Cry style. The enemies were also much more interesting to fight ; not only did you see more types of foes but each type of foe, from the lowest ape grunt to the larger monsters had their own AIs. Some simply ran back and forth, others stalked you, and the apes were most interesting as they tracked you, fought intelligently, and worked together to corner you.

A huge Metroid-like game with Devil May Cry-level combat. Explore large mazes, unlock moves to explore more parts of each of the stages, and take on intelligent foes that work in teams while you unleash all of Spyro's abilities to clobber them with increasingly long combos.

The return of relevent exploration and discovery, something many fans longed for. And the combat transformed into a genuinely fun and challenging venture, instead of the cheap God of War knock-off style we had in the actual games.

But still... old Spyro has died. And I was there when the fandom was clamoring to just let the franchise die. But TEN GBA, which was released at a low point in the serie, was loved and had high scores, showing that the Spyro franchise stigma can be overcome.

Will Activision do it?

I'm not sure... but then, I had never expected the GBA version of TEN, which was by an unknown studio.

I shall be waiting.

I agree with you about the potential, but I've never palyed the GBA version of TEN. The combat sounds fun, but for god's sake if ANYTHING changes it has to be Spyro's attiude, the level of fun (it must be increased) and the relationship between Spyro and Cynder. Also, plotholes MUST be filled if they continue in the LOS universe.
---
#18 Posted: 12:25:22 22/05/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: Zerodius
Frankly?

In my fair opinion?

Will Activision do it?

I shall be waiting.

I agree with you about the potential, but I've never palyed the GBA version of TEN. The combat sounds fun, but for god's sake if ANYTHING changes it has to be Spyro's attiude, the level of fun (it must be increased) and the relationship between Spyro and Cynder. Also, plotholes MUST be filled if they continue in the LOS universe.

The GBA version is good. I'd say it's better than Superstar Saga from Mario, because I haven't played SS yet(it's shipping). But, it lacks in storyline a little. Definitely, though, one of the greatest handheld games ever created.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me