Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Legend of Spyro and Classic Spyro ranting
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Legend of Spyro and Classic Spyro ranting [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#51 Posted: 19:15:29 05/05/2010
I don't understand why he would sit and be resigned to her being evil when you said yourself that he was so scared that she'd serve Malefor again. I would have thought that if he was so scared of seeing her be evil, he would fight to keep her good. I mean really, if your worst fear is to see your friend join your enemy, what good does it do you to sit and do nothing? Furthermore, what good does it do Cynder, given that she was doing those things against her will?

I'm gonna speculate a bit here; imagine Cynder were aware of what was hapening. One can assume she was, given that she responded to Spyro's words, but no need to fight about it if you disagree. Now put yourself in her place. There's one person who can save you from slavery, and he's cowering in the corner. How would you feel?! How would Cynder feel? Now put yourself is Spyro's place. Your friend is evil, and only you can bring her back to normal. What will you do? Stand and fight to save her, or sit and do nothing?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 19:15:40 05/05/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Seriously, does anyone need a hug?

I do :3

But the storyline was rushed, maybe that's why all that "sobby" drama in DotD was so...sudden and quick.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:49 05/05/2010 by Aura24
#53 Posted: 19:18:17 05/05/2010
Ugh, rush rush rush! I hear that exuse alot these days for different reasons. I know they need to make games to make money, but can't they slow down a little and give it all just a bit more thought?
---
#54 Posted: 19:23:04 05/05/2010
There was the merger. If they did take their time to make the game longer, fill in the plotholes and other missing features, then the production of DotD would've probably been stopped by Activision, since they're the owners of the Spyro franchise I suppose.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#55 Posted: 19:27:30 05/05/2010
You may be right but still, urgh! URGH I say, URGH!
Hey, didn't the rushed job come from the change from Krome to EL, rather than the merger? Are you sure the change was demanded by an Activision official?
Ah, what's done is done. So long as they don't do it again with the next game, I may be pleased.

Anyway, do you now understand why I said that makes no sence?
---
#56 Posted: 19:29:01 05/05/2010
Yes, I suppose.
---
#57 Posted: 19:30:35 05/05/2010
T___T
---
#58 Posted: 20:08:21 05/05/2010
I do.
---
#59 Posted: 20:08:49 05/05/2010
Alright.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#60 Posted: 00:40:13 06/05/2010
*hugs Aura*

Anyone else? smilie
#61 Posted: 00:48:32 06/05/2010
Why the sudden offer of hugs, anyway?
---
#62 Posted: 01:00:03 06/05/2010
I see ranting.

I see rage.

I see arguing.

HUGS ARE 100% NECESSARY.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#63 Posted: 06:08:03 06/05/2010
^ I agree. Just put a little more combat and moves in the originals, and it will be perfect.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#64 Posted: 09:21:34 06/05/2010
RIGHT THIS IS MY OPINION ABOUT ENTER THE DRAGONFLY.

The game is not as bad a many people say it is. There have been newer fixed versions of the game, go trade your copy in and see what I mean. They tried their best, the glitches aren't THAT bad if you buy a newer copy or the GameCube version. The gameplay is okay. Like a few other Spyro games, one of the worst aspects of it is the STORYLINE. But; this IS NOT as bad as people say it is; you've been ranting for years, now look FORWARD already, because this game is still Spyro.
#65 Posted: 12:01:35 06/05/2010
^very true.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#66 Posted: 12:23:51 06/05/2010
I thought Enter the Dragonfly was awesome O:
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#67 Posted: 01:18:03 07/05/2010
I see ranting.

I see rage.

I see arguing.

HUGS ARE 100% NECESSARY.

Hugs make the world go 'round. FREE HUGS FOR ALL.
#68 Posted: 01:27:01 07/05/2010
*hugs Aqua* smilie
#69 Posted: 06:38:14 07/05/2010
I NEED A HUG.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#70 Posted: 07:01:51 07/05/2010
*Hugs GamingMaster_76* Awwwww.
#71 Posted: 16:45:16 07/05/2010
Group hug! *hugs GamingMaster and SuperSpyroFan*
#72 Posted: 13:18:43 14/05/2010
*Hugs all*
#73 Posted: 20:08:56 14/05/2010
Geez, what a mess of a topic this has become.
---
#74 Posted: 06:03:28 15/05/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76
RIGHT THIS IS MY OPINION ABOUT ENTER THE DRAGONFLY.

The game is not as bad a many people say it is. There have been newer fixed versions of the game, go trade your copy in and see what I mean. They tried their best, the glitches aren't THAT bad if you buy a newer copy or the GameCube version. The gameplay is okay. Like a few other Spyro games, one of the worst aspects of it is the STORYLINE. But; this IS NOT as bad as people say it is; you've been ranting for years, now look FORWARD already, because this game is still Spyro.

I agree 100%.
---
#75 Posted: 02:30:44 22/05/2010
This is my rant about TLOS.

Spyro: People think he looks cute and all, but I don't think so. Okay, he is a little bit cute, but there are so much things I want to point out. First of, he looks like he is drunk, or at least tired all the time. His mouth is always somewhat open, and his eyes stand out a a lot. His muzzle looks like someone punched it in, permanently. His horns are useless. He can't charge with them, not if they're far back like that. You might as well pull them off, since they're no use, and call the charge attack the head bash attack. His horns might of been fine if his scales were smaller. I mean, whats the point of having horns if you can't charge with them? Aren't they made for bashing into things? His personality is even worse than his appearance. He is far too serious. He lets himself get told what to do, and when people snap at him, like what Kane did, he didn't make a snappy remark back. That's not the Spyro I used to know. The REAL Spyro would talk back to Kane and not let his rescue worth nothing. He's far too serious and kind. In the first two TLOS games, he seems to care about the world a lot, and would risk his own life to safe it, and everyone inside it. However, I don't think that's true anymore, since he admitted that he liked Cynder more then the world, and seemed to like her more then his own brother, who has been with him A LOT longer than she has (he said so in DOTD, saying, "Because you left me nothing to fight for". He did had loads of things to fight for! His brother, the guardians, all the living creatures, the world, etc. He was going to give it up all because Cynder turned evil.). He just ruins the TLOS series. If he had a better personality, then maybe TLOS wouldn't of bugged me so much, and it might not of been so serious. He looked ugly in DOTD, and his appearance on the movie poster made be barf. He turned into a little bit of a gary-sue in DOTD too, which ruined him even more.

Cynder: Cynder is the worst character in the game. Even more worst than Spyro. She is a horrible mary-sue.
Dark/ANB Cynder: She was so awesome. The best character in the whole franchise. I just loved her. Her personality was awesome, she was an original character, she was pretty, she had her scary moments, etc. I wished she stayed evil. If she did, then she wouldn't of turned into a mary-sue in DOTD. Okay, she would of gotten killed in ANB by Spyro. I could see that happening. But at least people wouldn't be calling her a mary-sue today. She is the best out of the three Cynders (lol xD). TEN Cynder a close second. DOTD Cynder doesn't even make it on my list.
TEN Cynder: She was cute, lovable.... Her personality was good. However, I wished she wasn't a damsel in distress. I wish they made her an anti-hero. It looked like she was going to be an anti-hero at first, but then they made her get captured by some large bat in that large boat, and Spyro had to save her... That's when I felt she turned into a damsel in distress. However, she did turned into a kick ass character at the end of the game. She was brave, and she knocked Spyro right out of that beam. I feel she had awesome strength and powers, but we didn't get to see them, jue to her lack of lines. But even though she has her flaws, she's still a great character.
DOTD Cynder: She turned into a complete wreck. First of, she is a blue-purple. WTF!? She's supposed to be black! Now people are making up a whole lot of crap, saying that she's really a purple dragon, and that she was black because of Malefor's corruption. Or she is a Wind dragon and is getting her 'wind colour'. Her egg was black, and a purple dragon is born only ONCE every TEN generations. Plus, notice how the colour changed AFTER they switched to a new company? Anyway, at first, she was a black dragoness without a chest or anything like that. Not even her adult for had that. Now, they changed her into a blue dragoness, and she looks like she has b**bs. Honestly, they just grabbed Cynder, forced her to go on a diet, made her chest bigger, then shoved her back into the game. Now, because of that design, thousands of fantards are drooling over her body. Saying that she is 'sexy'. IMO, she's just a blue stick with legs who needs to put on some weight. She makes my dragon character, Ruuko, look fat. And she didn't have to be Spyro's girlfriend. Now about half of the TLOS fan base is all mad for CynderxSpyro. It drives [i[me[/i] mad.

The Legend of Spyro: One word. LAME. Heck it's not even a Spyro game. I honestly don't know WHAT it is. It's just some random game about dragons, and the company decided to name the main character Spyro so they can get more money from the series. When ANB came out, I swear they said that it was going to be about Spyro before his first adventure (Spyro The Dragon), but then they just had to make it a reboot. That made me sad. I really hoped it was based on Spyro before Spyro The Dragon.

ANB did seem like it could of worked. I could of believed it happened before Spyro The Dragon. I could of PRETENDED it was. But TEN's ending made that impossible to happen. But, it still could of worked. But DOTD made it completely impossible by making Spyro grown up, and shoving Cynder in his face and forced him to be her girlfriend. Anyway, TLOS is all ****** up. It's full of button mashing. That's all it's about. You walk for about five seconds, then about over thirteen apes get thrown at you. You have to fight them all by pressing one button over and over and over. You repeat this over and over until you beat the game. There is not puzzles. Just a button mashing game with a story line that's so lame it makes a Barbe game look good. The company tried so hard to make it 'epic', but it just turned into a lame mess. Okay, DOTD was slightly better than ANB and TEN. But ONLY because it has free roaming, and it doesn't have so much enemys in it. It reminds me a little bit of the originals, like how you have very large levels, and you can take your time to explore everything in it. ANB and TEN didn't have that. You were squished in one spot, trying to get to the end. Once you get to the next place, that's it. You can't go back. Oh, and I wouldn't be surprise if Serria (spelling?) is sexist, because Cynder is the only female in the entire series. Then there are the plotholes. My god, DOTD made over ten plotholes. I would list them, but I feel this rant is big enough already. >.>

It's the complete opposite to what Spyro really is.

Also, Ignitus had this stupid grin on his face ALL THE TIME in DOTD. Every time you look at him, he is giving you a goofy grin. He even had it when he was going to DIE. And Cyril and Volteer..... The only said ONE LINE in the whole game, then they sat back while Ignitus and Terrador took the rest of the spotlight.

Then there is the fans.... My god, they're just like Twilight fangirls. They basicly STONE YOU TO DEATH if you don't like TLOS, or Cynder. They say immature things, and they want the next game to be about Spyro and Cynder's children, who would be a mary-sue/gary-sue. Seriously? A game about Spyro's children? Are they forgetting that SPYRO is the main character? What's the point of calling the game SPYRO if it's about his children? What would happen after that game? Heck, Spyro will probably be a grandfather, then what's the point of the title!? The fanbase is the worst part about TLOS.

That's all I have to say. For now. Yeah yeah, rant at me all you like. But I'm ready for it. >.>

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:47:44 22/05/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#76 Posted: 03:14:24 22/05/2010
Uh... Just wanna point out something about Cynder...

PEOPLE THOUGHT SHE WAS PURPLE BEFORE DOTD!!!

Heck, I did. So going crazy over her colour in DotD, claiming it made people nuts and made them think she was purple...no, just NO. Again, there were people who thought she was purple before then. I was one of them.

Also, since she was controlled by Malefor, who's to say her scales didn't turn black? Her egg was clearly gray, not black ( heck, I think it looked lilac, but meh). When Spyro went Dark, he turned black. Since Cynder was Dark longer, it makes sense that it would take longer for her to change to her true colour, whatever it may be.

Furthermore, as for saying making her stay evil would've been better, no, it wouldn't. People woulda eventually cried out sexism since the only main female character was evil. And as for the whole 'If she had stayed evil, she wouldn't have become a Mary Sue'... That is horribly, horribly flawed. Villains can turn into Mary Sues, too, y'know. Since these writers, as others say, clearly didn't know what they were doing, it woulda happened anyway. Now, she could have become good and not been a Mary Sue, but that didn't happen, apparently.

And as for Sierra being sexist because Cynder is the only female... If there was a game where there was only one male character, would the publisher be sexist then? Again, NUMBER of characters of a certain gender means NOTHING, how those characters are PORTRAYED is what matters. And yes, while I did like Cynder's DotD design, I think they should change it because of those fantards who need to get lives.

As for Cynder being a damsel in distress... I didn't quite like that either, but growing up with Disney fairytales, it didn't bug me as much. Seriously, all I see is someone that needs to be saved. It could be anybody, any gender.

...OMIGOSH! I just realized MegaMan StarForce is SEXIST!!! Luna (a female) gets possessed by an alien, and MegaMan has to save her!!! Totally disregarding the fact that many male characters get possessed and have to be saved, I just wanna point out we have a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS!!! That is extremely sexist, right?! RIGHT?!

Sorry, I had to let that out...

*braces for flames*
#77 Posted: 09:14:09 22/05/2010

Heck, I did. So going crazy over her colour in DotD, claiming it made people nuts and made them think she was purple...no, just NO. Again, there were people who thought she was purple before then. I was one of them.

Also, since she was controlled by Malefor, who's to say her scales didn't turn black? Her egg was clearly gray, not black ( heck, I think it looked lilac, but meh). When Spyro went Dark, he turned black. Since Cynder was Dark longer, it makes sense that it would take longer for her to change to her true colour, whatever it may be.

Furthermore, as for saying making her stay evil would've been better, no, it wouldn't. People woulda eventually cried out sexism since the only main female character was evil. And as for the whole 'If she had stayed evil, she wouldn't have become a Mary Sue'... That is horribly, horribly flawed. Villains can turn into Mary Sues, too, y'know. Since these writers, as others say, clearly didn't know what they were doing, it woulda happened anyway. Now, she could have become good and not been a Mary Sue, but that didn't happen, apparently.

And as for Sierra being sexist because Cynder is the only female... If there was a game where there was only one male character, would the publisher be sexist then? Again, NUMBER of characters of a certain gender means NOTHING, how those characters are PORTRAYED is what matters. And yes, while I did like Cynder's DotD design, I think they should change it because of those fantards who need to get lives.

As for Cynder being a damsel in distress... I didn't quite like that either, but growing up with Disney fairytales, it didn't bug me as much. Seriously, all I see is someone that needs to be saved. It could be anybody, any gender.

...OMIGOSH! I just realized MegaMan StarForce is SEXIST!!! Luna (a female) gets possessed by an alien, and MegaMan has to save her!!! Totally disregarding the fact that many male characters get possessed and have to be saved, I just wanna point out we have a DAMSEL IN DISTRESS!!! That is extremely sexist, right?! RIGHT?!

*braces for flames*

Yeah, it was grey. A dark shade of grey. Clearly not a purple-blue. And grey is just black but a lighter shade. And as far as I know, people began to think she so was purple when they saw pictures from DOTD. I've never seen one person before DOTD came out saying that she was purple. Ever tried searching? It could be usefall one day. And like I said before, SHE TURNED PURPLE AFTER THEY CHANGED PRODUCERS. If she wasn't black, then wouldn't anyone could of said something? Wouldn't anyone notice she is changing colour? I'm sure Sparx would of said something.

That's just mine opinion. I just believe that if she would of stayed evil, she wouldn't of rotted in DOTD. That's just me. Sure you think differently. So what? Respect my opinion, please. What I'm saying is, if she would of stayed evil, I'm sure Spyro would of killed her in ANB. She wouldn't of had the chance to turn into a mary-sue.

I was just joking about the sexist thing. When I said it, I didn't mean it full on.

Once again, my opinion.

I know your joking/sarcastic, but that's just going over the top. You don't have to go and rot in a sack over my own opinion.
---
#78 Posted: 17:38:14 22/05/2010
Then I must've been in a nearly non-existent minority as far as believing Cynder was purple DotD, because I did ( let's just drop this one). As for the noticing if she was changing colour, it might not have been THAT noticeable to them. Though we can also say that was just a design mess-up, as you've been saying. That's perfectly reasonable, too ( and I mean it). 'Ever tried searching?' What's that supposed to mean? Am I stupid or something?

I didn't mean to stomp all over your opinion. I apologize for the way I worded my sentences. I was just trying to say that she wouldn't necessarily been spared of being a Mary Sue. And what I said about the sexism thing most likely would've happened, because there are plenty of whiny people to have made a controversy happen ( not directing this at anyone). Also, what's with the 'Let's kill -insert character here-' and '-insert character here would probably die-' stuff? That just seems...weird, to me.

You looked serious to me... I apologize for taking it the wrong way.

Well then, that's fine...

I was mostly making fun of the really whiny people who complain about sexism. Not you, specifically. And it was meant to be over the top. I apologize if any offense was done.

....Rot in a sack...?
#79 Posted: 17:59:35 22/05/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

*braces for flames*

Yeah, it was grey. A dark shade of grey. Clearly not a purple-blue. And grey is just black but a lighter shade. And as far as I know, people began to think she so was purple when they saw pictures from DOTD. I've never seen one person before DOTD came out saying that she was purple. Ever tried searching? It could be usefall one day. And like I said before, SHE TURNED PURPLE AFTER THEY CHANGED PRODUCERS. If she wasn't black, then wouldn't anyone could of said something? Wouldn't anyone notice she is changing colour? I'm sure Sparx would of said something.

That's just mine opinion. I just believe that if she would of stayed evil, she wouldn't of rotted in DOTD. That's just me. Sure you think differently. So what? Respect my opinion, please. What I'm saying is, if she would of stayed evil, I'm sure Spyro would of killed her in ANB. She wouldn't of had the chance to turn into a mary-sue.

I was just joking about the sexist thing. When I said it, I didn't mean it full on.

Once again, my opinion.

I know your joking/sarcastic, but that's just going over the top. You don't have to go and rot in a sack over my own opinion.

TRUTH! Truth this is!
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#80 Posted: 18:22:23 22/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkCynder_543
This is my rant about TLOS.

Spyro: People think he looks cute and all, but I don't think so. Okay, he is a little bit cute, but there are so much things I want to point out. First of, he looks like he is drunk, or at least tired all the time. His mouth is always somewhat open, and his eyes stand out a a lot. His muzzle looks like someone punched it in, permanently. His horns are useless. He can't charge with them, not if they're far back like that. You might as well pull them off, since they're no use, and call the charge attack the head bash attack. His horns might of been fine if his scales were smaller. I mean, whats the point of having horns if you can't charge with them? Aren't they made for bashing into things? His personality is even worse than his appearance. He is far too serious. He lets himself get told what to do, and when people snap at him, like what Kane did, he didn't make a snappy remark back. That's not the Spyro I used to know. The REAL Spyro would talk back to Kane and not let his rescue worth nothing. He's far too serious and kind. In the first two TLOS games, he seems to care about the world a lot, and would risk his own life to safe it, and everyone inside it. However, I don't think that's true anymore, since he admitted that he liked Cynder more then the world, and seemed to like her more then his own brother, who has been with him A LOT longer than she has (he said so in DOTD, saying, "Because you left me nothing to fight for". He did had loads of things to fight for! His brother, the guardians, all the living creatures, the world, etc. He was going to give it up all because Cynder turned evil.). He just ruins the TLOS series. If he had a better personality, then maybe TLOS wouldn't of bugged me so much, and it might not of been so serious. He looked ugly in DOTD, and his appearance on the movie poster made be barf. He turned into a little bit of a gary-sue in DOTD too, which ruined him even more.

Cynder: Cynder is the worst character in the game. Even more worst than Spyro. She is a horrible mary-sue.
Dark/ANB Cynder: She was so awesome. The best character in the whole franchise. I just loved her. Her personality was awesome, she was an original character, she was pretty, she had her scary moments, etc. I wished she stayed evil. If she did, then she wouldn't of turned into a mary-sue in DOTD. Okay, she would of gotten killed in ANB by Spyro. I could see that happening. But at least people wouldn't be calling her a mary-sue today. She is the best out of the three Cynders (lol xD). TEN Cynder a close second. DOTD Cynder doesn't even make it on my list.
TEN Cynder: She was cute, lovable.... Her personality was good. However, I wished she wasn't a damsel in distress. I wish they made her an anti-hero. It looked like she was going to be an anti-hero at first, but then they made her get captured by some large bat in that large boat, and Spyro had to save her... That's when I felt she turned into a damsel in distress. However, she did turned into a kick ass character at the end of the game. She was brave, and she knocked Spyro right out of that beam. I feel she had awesome strength and powers, but we didn't get to see them, jue to her lack of lines. But even though she has her flaws, she's still a great character.
DOTD Cynder: She turned into a complete wreck. First of, she is a blue-purple. WTF!? She's supposed to be black! Now people are making up a whole lot of crap, saying that she's really a purple dragon, and that she was black because of Malefor's corruption. Or she is a Wind dragon and is getting her 'wind colour'. Her egg was black, and a purple dragon is born only ONCE every TEN generations. Plus, notice how the colour changed AFTER they switched to a new company? Anyway, at first, she was a black dragoness without a chest or anything like that. Not even her adult for had that. Now, they changed her into a blue dragoness, and she looks like she has b**bs. Honestly, they just grabbed Cynder, forced her to go on a diet, made her chest bigger, then shoved her back into the game. Now, because of that design, thousands of fantards are drooling over her body. Saying that she is 'sexy'. IMO, she's just a blue stick with legs who needs to put on some weight. She makes my dragon character, Ruuko, look fat. And she didn't have to be Spyro's girlfriend. Now about half of the TLOS fan base is all mad for CynderxSpyro. It drives [i[me[/i] mad.

The Legend of Spyro: One word. LAME. Heck it's not even a Spyro game. I honestly don't know WHAT it is. It's just some random game about dragons, and the company decided to name the main character Spyro so they can get more money from the series. When ANB came out, I swear they said that it was going to be about Spyro before his first adventure (Spyro The Dragon), but then they just had to make it a reboot. That made me sad. I really hoped it was based on Spyro before Spyro The Dragon.

ANB did seem like it could of worked. I could of believed it happened before Spyro The Dragon. I could of PRETENDED it was. But TEN's ending made that impossible to happen. But, it still could of worked. But DOTD made it completely impossible by making Spyro grown up, and shoving Cynder in his face and forced him to be her girlfriend. Anyway, TLOS is all ****** up. It's full of button mashing. That's all it's about. You walk for about five seconds, then about over thirteen apes get thrown at you. You have to fight them all by pressing one button over and over and over. You repeat this over and over until you beat the game. There is not puzzles. Just a button mashing game with a story line that's so lame it makes a Barbe game look good. The company tried so hard to make it 'epic', but it just turned into a lame mess. Okay, DOTD was slightly better than ANB and TEN. But ONLY because it has free roaming, and it doesn't have so much enemys in it. It reminds me a little bit of the originals, like how you have very large levels, and you can take your time to explore everything in it. ANB and TEN didn't have that. You were squished in one spot, trying to get to the end. Once you get to the next place, that's it. You can't go back. Oh, and I wouldn't be surprise if Serria (spelling?) is sexist, because Cynder is the only female in the entire series. Then there are the plotholes. My god, DOTD made over ten plotholes. I would list them, but I feel this rant is big enough already. >.>

It's the complete opposite to what Spyro really is.

Also, Ignitus had this stupid grin on his face ALL THE TIME in DOTD. Every time you look at him, he is giving you a goofy grin. He even had it when he was going to DIE. And Cyril and Volteer..... The only said ONE LINE in the whole game, then they sat back while Ignitus and Terrador took the rest of the spotlight.

Then there is the fans.... My god, they're just like Twilight fangirls. They basicly STONE YOU TO DEATH if you don't like TLOS, or Cynder. They say immature things, and they want the next game to be about Spyro and Cynder's children, who would be a mary-sue/gary-sue. Seriously? A game about Spyro's children? Are they forgetting that SPYRO is the main character? What's the point of calling the game SPYRO if it's about his children? What would happen after that game? Heck, Spyro will probably be a grandfather, then what's the point of the title!? The fanbase is the worst part about TLOS.

That's all I have to say. For now. Yeah yeah, rant at me all you like. But I'm ready for it. >.>

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.

Personallly, I don't like to judge characters by appearene (They need flaws), personality (they need flaws) and appearence. I like to judge them by how much effort is put into the character. But thats my opinion, we all judge characters differently.

I love Spyro's ugliness in Krome, the personality is boring (I get you with that bit now) and he is basicly a Gary-stue; of nearly everything.
#81 Posted: 18:50:47 22/05/2010
Also, there is such thing as a grayish blue...

But I'm done here. I'll probably end up a hated user if I stay here... smilie

Quote:
And as for Sierra being sexist because Cynder is the only female... If there was a game where there was only one male character, would the publisher be sexist then?

Can someone please answer this, though? I was being serious...

smilie

smilie

smilie

*hugs everyone for no reason*
#82 Posted: 21:17:00 22/05/2010
^If there is only one female, the game is sexist, even if the female is a co-main character. If there is one female and she is the main/sole main character, sexist. If there is only a male lead and many female side characters who don't act like ditzes or damsels, not sexist. If all the characters are male, sexist.

Also, I agree with almost everything said by IsisStormDragon and DarkCynder_543.

However, I never thought she looked purple prior to DotD, but NVM. Also, I agree the egg looked lilac, and bluish grey does exist.
---
#83 Posted: 21:20:33 22/05/2010
Cynder was black in ANB, she was black in TEN, and suddenly she was purple or bluish in DotD. I would say either it was EL's fault on their part in coloring the character and not researching her design in the previous titles when they were rushing to finish DotD, or the producers who would want her to look purple for some reason.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:24:57 22/05/2010 by Aura24
#84 Posted: 21:41:37 22/05/2010
I like the idea of Cynder being purple all along, having been turned black by evil. It kinda makes sense, because it would make what Malefor said about there being many purple dragons more beivable and it fleshes out my idea about Spyro and Cynder being bro and sis. After all, it makes sense that all the purple dragons would be related. Then again that opens yet another plothole given that the purple dragon is born once in ten generations.... Then again it doesn't look to me like the makers give a rat's @$$ if they make plotholes. I'll ponder about this, and see if I can't fabricate some way to remove plotholes from this idea. How about, rather than her being a true purple dragon, she is just tinted that way, being related to a purple dragon. Meh, spitballin'.
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#85 Posted: 22:00:23 22/05/2010
*sigh* If you want to blame the person who started the whole Sexist thing in TLOS smilie . . . right here, I'm your man smilie . I started the little shebang that TLOS was sexist and what other nonsense that I may have spewed out of my mouth. Am I taking that back, no but I will clarify:

What I mean by, that TLOS is sexist is that the female characters in that game are [u] really, really underdeveloped [/u] . That's what I mean when I say that Sierra were/are sexist. Now, this can easily, easily be quelled if they would have put in more time and development in Nina and Cynder. . . but they didn't smilie.

Its their character, how they are portrayed, and what role their served in this tirade that makes me say that Sierra are sexist. Cynder is this once big, sexy (← Taken from Sparx's mouth), General of an army and then gets reduced to being sex appeal (and certain users here have been caught up in that little tussle smilie ). Again, there's your proof that Cynder is nothing more than, sex appeal. Krystal suffered from, every furry here knows that Zig-Zag adores it (BLECK! just BLECK!), heck I'm pretty sure Midna gets some bad publicity too, but I digress.

Its not just the fact that Cynder is the only female dragon in the game that makes this game sexist, because if that were true, then most other games back in the bit era would have been classified as sexist then. Yet they are still good. Again this brings back to my Lord of the Flies example, there are no girls in that book because the author wanted to focus on boys stuck on an island, and the fact that the author wasn't a little girl himself and had no knowledge in portraying them professionally.

Still, this is no excuse for only having two female roles in this tirade. Still boggles my mind till this day. I mean if your going to have female characters in your story or w/e honestly don't give the audience just two, c'mon.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:48 22/05/2010 by Zackeio
#86 Posted: 22:05:51 22/05/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I like the idea of Cynder being purple all along, having been turned black by evil. It kinda makes sense, because it would make what Malefor said about there being many purple dragons more beivable and it fleshes out my idea about Spyro and Cynder being bro and sis. After all, it makes sense that all the purple dragons would be related. Then again that opens yet another plothole given that the purple dragon is born once in ten generations.... Then again it doesn't look to me like the makers give a rat's @$$ if they make plotholes. I'll ponder about this, and see if I can't fabricate some way to remove plotholes from this idea. How about, rather than her being a true purple dragon, she is just tinted that way, being related to a purple dragon. Meh, spitballin'.

Or that she is truly just an creation from Malefor. Taken something from the dark gems from AHT and what was mentioned in TEN, its possible, that Cynder could have been artificially made, explaining that she doesn't recall much, and why Malefor found it peculiar how Cynder recalls things. . . that's possible going to make her more SUE'ish, so be carefully if your going to take that route smilie
---
My Gallery
#87 Posted: 22:15:35 22/05/2010
I can't, we already saw them take Cynder's egg.
---
#88 Posted: 22:16:57 22/05/2010
Well, going on the artificially made theory, I had a small theory that Malefor made her a purple Dragon... smilie How, is anyone's guess.

Don't ask.
#89 Posted: 22:18:30 22/05/2010
Quote: Zackeio
*sigh* If you want to blame the person who started the whole Sexist thing in TLOS smilie . . . right here, I'm your man smilie . I started the little shebang that TLOS was sexist and what other nonsense that I may have spewed out of my mouth. Am I taking that back, no but I will clarify:

What I mean by, that TLOS is sexist is that the female characters in that game are [u] really, really underdeveloped [/u] . That's what I mean when I say that Sierra were/are sexist. Now, this can easily, easily be quelled if they would have put in more time and development in Nina and Cynder. . . but they didn't smilie.

Its their character, how they are portrayed, and what role their served in this tirade that makes me say that Sierra are sexist. Cynder is this once big, sexy (← Taken from Sparx's mouth), General of an army and then gets reduced to being sex appeal (and certain users here have been caught up in that little tussle smilie ). Again, there's your proof that Cynder is nothing more than, sex appeal. Krystal suffered from, every furry here knows that Zig-Zag adores it (BLECK! just BLECK!), heck I'm pretty sure Midna gets some bad publicity too, but I digress.

Its not just the fact that Cynder is the only female dragon in the game that makes this game sexist, because if that were true, then most other games back in the bit era would have been classified as sexist then. Yet they are still good. Again this brings back to my Lord of the Flies example, there are no girls in that book because the author wanted to focus on boys stuck on an island, and the fact that the author wasn't a little girl himself and had no knowledge in portraying them professionally.

Still, this is no excuse for only having two female roles in this tirade. Still boggles my mind till this day. I mean if your going to have female characters in your story or w/e honestly don't give the audience just two, c'mon.

The thing that I can't stand is that there is only one female and male dragon of the same age. Whether this fact is put into the story or not is not the point, because there is still enough evidence, given the lack of other young males and females, that Spyro and Cynder seem to have the responsibility of repopulating the dragon race, being the only male and female of the same age. That is more evidence of Cynder being sex appeal Zackieo. Because she is the one and only female dragon, only she can be the one to bring more dragons into the world, and there is one way to do that: Sex. Worse still, given the nature of this responsibility, Cynder would be something of a tool to do what must be done to keep the dragons alive. This is disgusting to say the least.
---
#90 Posted: 22:20:52 22/05/2010
You make a good point about that SpyroLUVA, but I really doubt they'd go that far. The fantards, however.... *throws up*
#91 Posted: 22:21:09 22/05/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I can't, we already saw them take Cynder's egg.

smilie, whose to say that when she was artificially made she's was in the shape of her baby/adult form? She could have been in the shape of an egg "stolen" from the grotto and then put back into Malefor's care.

Just use your imagination SpyroLuva, I'm sure you can whip up something smilie

Also, good point on the last female bit, missed that one smilie .
---
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:31 22/05/2010 by Zackeio
#92 Posted: 23:25:05 22/05/2010
But why make the egg, put it in the grotto with all the other eggs, and steal it back again?

I will come up with something, but I don't think I'll be using the artificial creation idea.
---
#93 Posted: 23:29:16 22/05/2010
Didn't say you had too. Just throwing ideas that come my way, like I usually do smilie.
---
My Gallery
#94 Posted: 06:18:47 23/05/2010
Then I must've been in a nearly non-existent minority as far as believing Cynder was purple DotD, because I did ( let's just drop this one). As for the noticing if she was changing colour, it might not have been THAT noticeable to them. Though we can also say that was just a design mess-up, as you've been saying. That's perfectly reasonable, too ( and I mean it). 'Ever tried searching?' What's that supposed to mean? Am I stupid or something?

I didn't mean to stomp all over your opinion. I apologize for the way I worded my sentences. I was just trying to say that she wouldn't necessarily been spared of being a Mary Sue. And what I said about the sexism thing most likely would've happened, because there are plenty of whiny people to have made a controversy happen ( not directing this at anyone). Also, what's with the 'Let's kill -insert character here-' and '-insert character here would probably die-' stuff? That just seems...weird, to me.

You looked serious to me... I apologize for taking it the wrong way.

Well then, that's fine...

I was mostly making fun of the really whiny people who complain about sexism. Not you, specifically. And it was meant to be over the top. I apologize if any offense was done.

....Rot in a sack...?

I agree. I just think it was a colour mess up. But you have your opinion too. ;3

That's okay. I forgive people easily. And as for the sexism thing, I don't really see that happening. And as for the killing thing, I just feel that Cynder would of died if she stayed evil. All the bosses TLOS Spyro fought seem to always die. So far, not one boss has lived. Although, I'm not quite sure about Skabb. He fell into the water, but he could of survived somehow....

That's okay. I suck at telling jokes like that on the internet. I'm always too serious when I write them, so people always take it seriously.

Okay then. xD

Nah, that's okay.

Meh. I just came up with that on the spot. I know, it's stupid. xD
---
#95 Posted: 06:22:34 23/05/2010
Quote:
Although, I'm not quite sure about Skabb. He fell into the water, but he could of survived somehow....

NEXT MAIN ANTAGONIST! smilie Joking, Malefor would have killed him because he killed all the Apes- unless Skabb was frozen and thawed out, then caused the return of the Apes.
#96 Posted: 14:36:48 23/05/2010
^Seems a little meh given the secerity of the evil commited by Malefor recently.
---
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#97 Posted: 14:47:22 23/05/2010
Isis has a point about the whole ''Cynder thing'' I did want Cynder to act a little stronger in DotD than she was in AnB and TEN, but EL took it a little far :/

I love both series, but the Classics/Originals are better in my opinion. I loved the story for TloS, but Gameplay was better in the Originals.
#98 Posted: 15:06:14 23/05/2010
Story needed much improvemeant, as did the characters, but otherwise I agree completely Chloe.
---
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#99 Posted: 15:09:09 23/05/2010
I thought the story wasn't bad in AnB and TEN, but it was soppy and horrible in DotD. One other thing is that TloS gets boring after a while, the Original never get boring :3
#100 Posted: 16:08:10 23/05/2010
^TRUTH!

It's a real shame that LOS's potential had to be destroyed like that.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me